angik313


quality posts: 1 Private Messages angik313

Given that I never studied flow charts, and wouldn't find the error if it slapped me in the face, this normal stupid person finds the shirt hilarious.

biggbuckz


quality posts: 1 Private Messages biggbuckz

Yeah, as someone who has to regularly create/read flowcharts, this shirt drives me insane.

a) Symbols are reversed, as a billion people have said
b) If you have a Yes/No decision, clearly you need a "Yes" path. A decision with only one branch is not a decision.

I guess it's a slightly funny concept though?

conan420


quality posts: 0 Private Messages conan420

Note to self: there is an untapped flow chart shirt market that can fuel my dream of universal domination.

md2020


quality posts: 0 Private Messages md2020

The color should be "International Silverization Organization 9000"

not

"International Organization for Silverization 9000"

Anyway, ISO 9000 is very yesterday, it should be ISO 9001.

llandar


quality posts: 32 Private Messages llandar
md2020 wrote:The color should be "International Silverization Organization 9000"

not

"International Organization for Silverization 9000"

Anyway, ISO 9000 is very yesterday, it should be ISO 9001.



I have a flow chart I'd like you to consult.

jcolpean


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jcolpean


Agreed....would have been a shirt to buy.

ArdillaCiega


quality posts: 7 Private Messages ArdillaCiega
gro12ver wrote:I am soooooo glad I'm not the only who is miffed that stupid blue turtle is in the fog when there so many other cool math shirts that could be!



I have no problem with the turtle shirt; I actually voted for it. I'm just alluding to the fact that one of the S's that should be uppercase is lowercase.

Even a blind squirrel is right twice a day.

ross1973


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ross1973

From Woot description:
“It’s more about the fact that every possible issue has an arrow that ends in a box marked ‘Go F&%# Yourself.’ That’s the part we’re objecting to.”

Maybe they are objecting to it by reversing the symbols?

ArdillaCiega


quality posts: 7 Private Messages ArdillaCiega

To all those who suggest that the symbol mix up was intentional, you are way too eager to give the benefit of the doubt.

As sure as pizza is a vegetable,
IT WAS A MISTAKE!!

Even a blind squirrel is right twice a day.

jreed30


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jreed30

No, really, it's intentional. It's not reaching.

If it's not one problem, then it's another.

In this particular instance, the problem is that the symbols are backwards. If it had been straight forward, there would have been no problem. it's an underlying joke, one that flow chart nerds in particular should get.

I would imagine that for all the talk of being flow chart nerds, people would get the joke...

simmsfam


quality posts: 0 Private Messages simmsfam
pixelwm wrote:shame that he got the symbols mixed up, they should actually be reversed.



Was really disappointed about this. I wanted to woot on it, but I would have surely been kicked to the curb by my accountant coworkers.

Tamshin


quality posts: 2 Private Messages Tamshin

If you fix the shirt, I'll buy one. The joke would completely flop at work and I'd be badgered about the symbols.

mrscott


quality posts: 1 Private Messages mrscott
jreed30 wrote:No, really, it's intentional. It's not reaching.

If it's not one problem, then it's another.



Yes, Really. It's reaching.

The shirt/s chart is assessing the label of "Thing", not "Problem". It's either looking to assign it as "One" or "The Other".

The only "problem" on the shirt is the chart, itself.

... and it's broken.

When this shirt appears in the cube farm, it won't be the wearer's wry sense of humor that will cause the inner circle of flowcharteers to smirk.

Geeks will only enjoy this shirt when the wanna-be's wear it and think they're being geeky. It's something the Pointy Haired Boss will wear on casual Friday.

blanked


quality posts: 10 Private Messages blanked
biggbuckz wrote:Yeah, as someone who has to regularly create/read flowcharts, this shirt drives me insane.

a) Symbols are reversed, as a billion people have said
b) If you have a Yes/No decision, clearly you need a "Yes" path. A decision with only one branch is not a decision.

I guess it's a slightly funny concept though?



But the first bit isn't in a decision box, so why should it have 2 paths leaving it?

d4nowar


quality posts: 1 Private Messages d4nowar

I'll add to the nerds who dislike this shirt because of the flowchart mistakes.

marisano


quality posts: 2 Private Messages marisano
mrscott wrote:Yes, Really. It's reaching.

The shirt/s chart is assessing the label of "Thing", not "Problem". It's either looking to assign it as "One" or "The Other".

The only "problem" on the shirt is the chart, itself.

... and it's broken.

When this shirt appears in the cube farm, it won't be the wearer's wry sense of humor that will cause the inner circle of flowcharteers to smirk.

Geeks will only enjoy this shirt when the wanna-be's wear it and think they're being geeky. It's something the Pointy Haired Boss will wear on casual Friday.




No, you know, I do think it's a joke. If so may people here could spy it so quickly, it's rather hard to believe the person who made the thing wasn't aware of it, and the supposed error does fit with the concept: Sorry, but the 'thing' refers to a problem. Problematic situations are the context in which you use the phrase.

"... will cause the inner circle of flowcharters to smirk." Now that's worth a laugh! Those flowcharters are such a secret and prestigious group. [And *so* IN.]

jlikesilver


quality posts: 1 Private Messages jlikesilver

You flow chart nerds are so anal! I'm sure the order of symbols is intentional! Love it!

Narfcake


quality posts: 287 Private Messages Narfcake

Debut day - 1524.

DianaSprinkle


quality posts: 117 Private Messages DianaSprinkle

First Day Sales: 1524

TheGolux


quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

Last wooter to woot: seamike79
Last purchase time: Wednesday, November 23, 2011, 11:58:50 PM Central Time
Order pace: 0m 56.684s
Woot wage: $3,753.03
Woots sold: 1523

Last wooter to woot: lsat12357
Last purchase time: Wednesday, November 23, 2011, 11:59:16 PM Central Time
Order pace: 0m 56.664s
Woot wage: $3,751.90
Woots sold: 1524

Looks like 1524

TheGolux


quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

Which is worse, flowchart nerds or number geeks?

And then there are those who are both!

jupilberry


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jupilberry

This has been a fun read. I was happy to top the list for most commented. Here's what I've learned...
If all you know about flowcharts is that they exist...the shirt is funny.
If you understand flowchart structure and notice the decision and statement boxes are switched...it is even funnier and adds to the joke.
If you understand flowchart structure and flowcharting is your passion and part of your daily life...it is borderline offensive.

RobDaGimp


quality posts: 0 Private Messages RobDaGimp
jupilberry wrote:If you understand flowchart structure and flowcharting is your passion and part of your daily life...it is borderline offensive.



after owning this shirt for some time i finally came to the blog to figure out what the hell happen. Now i know. I think i fall inot the offened category. :-(

(I'll still wear it)