quality posts: 0 Private Messages clovergal
Re: Por-tail

cute!

warmice

quality posts: 6 Private Messages warmice
Re: Wrong Droid

I want one great shirt

If you can read thank a teacher.
If you can read in English thank a Marine.

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
Re: Norris Spider-Head Thingy Wants a Hug

This actually is not the image that haunts me most from The Thing - that distinction belongs to the Thingy dog creature. Ungghhh!
Anyhoo - dumb, wheat grass and late. But there it is.

zyphor173

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zyphor173
D3lusional wrote:I don't know the reference and I wish there wasn't one. Because without the reference this shirt would be all kinds of awesome.

Does anybody else think pop culture reference = unwearable?

Because Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is so mainstream that everyone is carrying around towels with them, right?

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
Re: Kitteh Can Haz Congress

Without benefit of a larger image, I'm going to guess there are gradients going on here. That will get you the ban-hammer in 3, 2, 1...

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
xninjagrrl wrote:My guess is that Spock is Kyle because he looks so ticked off and I imagine Kyle would hate to play Star Trek the most.

Kyle's mother insisted that if he couldn't play Captain Kirk, he would have to play Spock and she made him wear a black wig. She even bought him Spock ears to wear.

stingray69

quality posts: 4 Private Messages stingray69

liamornelda

quality posts: 0 Private Messages liamornelda

This is so awesome. I wish there were more references of Ender's Game on the Internet. I'd TOTALLY buy this.

anamya

quality posts: 1 Private Messages anamya
ramyb wrote:I had a ton of fun working on this one, hope you guys like how it turned out

I need two. Maybe four so that when our first ones wear out we have new ones.

*Clings* Great shirt.

anamya

quality posts: 1 Private Messages anamya

Okay, I think the shirt is great. Pointing out this shirt to my dork boyfriend, he says. "What is that? It would have to be storm troopers if they're looking for a droid."

Sigh. He is such a dork.

check6designs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages check6designs

Oh, brilliant! I love this!

slappyalk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages slappyalk
Re: Kitteh Can Haz Congress

Truthfully, I don't really get it. But I like the idea of kitties taking down the government.

slappyalk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages slappyalk
Re: SoyChik'n 'n Greens is Peepul

PEEEEEOPPPPPPLLLLLE!

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
Re: The Incredible Stalk

This shirt needs a recipe for Incredible Broccoli, but I couldn't find one. I did find a story about an Angry Broccoli (with a recipe) here. For those of you who don't cook, here's the story:

A giant piece of broccoli and three carrots are trapped inside a double boiler. "Oh, no," says the broccoli, "The stove is lit!"

A tough carrot says, "Don't worry. Us carrots will escape from this here double boiler and then come back and save you broccoli later."

So the broccoli agrees and the carrots huddle up and launch themselves out of the pot. The carrots celebrate by having a beer. Three beers later, A carrot accidentally lights the broccoli's dog on fire. The tough carrot goes, "Oh, no, we forgot about the broccoli!"

So, the carrots put down their beer and run back to the double boiler and open the lid. "Broccoli, we are so sorry that we forgot you. Also, we accidentally lit your dog on fire. You must be angry."

"Angry?!' replies the broccoli. "I'm steamed!"

mailmanmo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mailmanmo
Re: Escape

Wow. The greatest gift is to be able to find beauty and hope in sadness.
Wonderful.

mailmanmo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mailmanmo

I have to say, conceptually, this is just awful, awful.
This is the type of crap that wouldn't even get past The Family Guy QC.
People why?

chasm03

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chasm03
Re: Scaredy Mice

They don't know what to think of that cat toy!

chasm03

chasm03 wrote:They don't know what to think of that cat toy!

Please vote for me!

chasm03

chasm03 wrote:Please vote for me!

i donno why but it distorted my image, it scrunched it all up in my thumb nail

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
chasm03 wrote:i donno why but it distorted my image, it scrunched it all up in my thumb nail

1. if the thumbnail image you submit does not have square pixel dimensions (that is, same pixels across as up & down), woot automatically stretches it out into a square.

2. your thumbnail doesn't have the same background colour as the shirt. this is usually grounds for rejection.

fungusamongus

quality posts: 4 Private Messages fungusamongus
Re: Pale Blue Smiling Dot

As Carl Sagan might have said, "The future of mankind in space looks... cute?"

CVBrennan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CVBrennan
Re: A storm is coming

Great art Ramyb.
Love the pop reference with obscurity... the dead pan stares of the birds beady eyes...
Perching high in authority with gloom in the backdrop... the juxtaposition of foreground power lines on the planet surface close to our homes with a background of celestial bodies encompassing the furthest reaches of mankind under dark unknown powers beyond our own control... then again, "what's the joke?..."

dmaz

quality posts: 12 Private Messages dmaz
citizencoyote wrote:I can't help but think Ramy submitted this one just to taunt his critics.

I agree that the abduction beam is nice, but the design is otherwise unremarkable.

If that's the case, what Ramy is doing, is completely proving my point. This derby is less and less about good, creative designs, and becoming more about a popularity contest of users.

Just wait for next Friday as PP, RAMYB and others list their designs and watch as the hordes sail in, immediately and unprecedented, all offering the best comment they possibly can, in the hopes that they might be worthy of the designers' attentions.

The vast, vast majority of users on this site are not designers. I think if everyone had at least designed for and entered into one or two derbies, there would be more honesty in voting.

I can attest for myself and several friends, that there have been weeks upon weeks of lost business from us because a couple REALLY good shirts lost to a few designs by popular users.

Thank God Woot still picks some good shirts for the regulars on Monday - Thursday.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 223 Private Messages Spiritgreen

::sad trombone::

dwnmoser

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dwnmoser
D3lusional wrote:Does anybody else think pop culture reference = unwearable?

Ooooh - you're so detached and cool. I am blown away by your hipster-y sophistication.

muirpass

quality posts: 0 Private Messages muirpass
Re: Picachubacca

i want this

IgnatiusRiley

quality posts: 1 Private Messages IgnatiusRiley
missmissa07 wrote:I don't think this is going to print here since you had to resubmit it so late, but once you get the rights back to the image, you should submit it to TeeFury. I imagine it would print easily there.

I concur. This shirt is pure pancakes.

mightyrain

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mightyrain
ochopika wrote:lol! I love this, but aren't we already supposed to be awesome? Where are our flying cars and space colonies? We were supposed to have those by now. :P

+1

Saddly, when Marty traveled back to 1955 the second time, he altered our current future, and the hover car was never created... sad

HeartlineTwist

quality posts: 1 Private Messages HeartlineTwist
Re: If it Bleeds you Should Hug it RESUB

I preferred the pink and the gore...

LoreHera

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LoreHera
Re: Sora is a Chibi Timelord resub

Blerg, hard to make the text readable on the small pictures. But look, Sora in a fez!

Having trouble posting the text, because it is in a chart. So to summarize:
count the hearts
Sonic Vs Key Blade
Tardis Vs Gummi Ship
Companions
Older then he looks vs older then he acts
K9 vs Goofy
Death is a setback.

So, who is cuter? 9,10, 11, or Sora?

zyphax

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zyphax

PLEASE WIN!

Re: Existential Whale

skelleton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skelleton
Re: Self Preservation

I'd like it better if it was a cute baby chick in his hand.

morgankohl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages morgankohl
Re: Unidentified Flying Penguin

I got really excited when this shirt dropped out of the fog. And now..............it's back. I am in agreement with everyone else. There's just much too much penguin!!!

skelleton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skelleton
Re: Ninjas in space (with dinosaurs)

If this doesn't win.. I just don't know.
Dinosaurs and space.... <3

iceflightzz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iceflightzz
Re: Mal's Pals

too abstract and cartoon-y. nice idea, and I would love to see more Firefly, but...

deamonfruba

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deamonfruba
Re: How to make an electric mouse

I want this shirt so bad I can't even tell you. I hope it wins...

dwimmz

quality posts: 9 Private Messages dwimmz

Such a sad day This would've been an instant buy for me. *mopes*

sunflowergirl18

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sunflowergirl18

i want this shirt i really love it

Radscoolian

quality posts: 15 Private Messages Radscoolian
Spiritgreen wrote:::sad trombone::

Sorry, dude.
Maybe if you changed the text to something mocking the Android like "faulty Droid", "Broken Droid", "Slow Droid" etc. the parody would be more apparent. And perhaps you could put x's for eyes, or maybe have a panel popped open on the droid showing internal circuitry.

ladykatzuya

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ladykatzuya
Re: Meowtropolis

I love this one! I hope it makes it! ^_^ I have five of the black fur-balls and they crawl all over me like I'm one of those buildings!

This is my first time entering (not much of a graphic designer, but thought I'd try). Here goes a shameless plug...please vote!
In the name of breakfast...I shall punish you!