straightshooter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages straightshooter
qwasdfz wrote:i'm sorry but i absolutely despise this shirt. A random shirt with cute animals just throwing portals in there. I was hoping any portal jokes would be intelligent instead of fuzzy animals deciding they have the brain capacity to mess with a portal machine. Thank You.

Excuse me, but the derby is Sci-Fi Kawaii, which means cute animals doing sci-fi things, such as jumping through portals. Somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning!

trailsforus

quality posts: 1 Private Messages trailsforus

Can I get a fullsize picture of this without the shirt? Computer wallpaper needs to be this.

sombrillo

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sombrillo
Re: Space Smooch

Thanks for the nice comments everyone!

meepee

quality posts: 33 Private Messages meepee
Re: Tigernauts

And now that they're astronauts it's on topic?

mjc613

quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613
Re: Spock meets an lolcat

If Spock's ears were smaller, this would be perfect

sogj

quality posts: 15 Private Messages sogj
Re: It's inevitable (please revote!!!)

This is one of those that is so brilliant in hindsight it seems frustratingly obvious. Genius idea, genius execution!!

I refuse to answer on the grounds that I don't know the answer.

nicoleterry92

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nicoleterry92
HeartlineTwist wrote:Google search "Endless Forms Most Battleful"

Oh. My. Gosh. That's sooo my backup if this doesn't print.

aliciabeck

quality posts: 1 Private Messages aliciabeck
ermine4 wrote:whoa I'm on a shirt!

Nice!

BrotherTungsten

quality posts: 2 Private Messages BrotherTungsten

"Did you guys even watch the show?!"

Good luck with this one; it's cute!

avaqadore

quality posts: 0 Private Messages avaqadore
Re: Picardio- the next generation of fitness

Oh my god. Please fix this. And please win. This shirt is amazing.

michesco89

quality posts: 0 Private Messages michesco89
Re: If it Bleeds you Should Hug it RESUB

I prefer the pink and gore better as well. I vote for the other

lakesler

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lakesler
Re: Wrong Droid (2.0)

Revoted and signal boosting like crazy!

mattlussier

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mattlussier
caramelarrow wrote:I think they should count the original votes along with the secondary ones (they know how to take out duplicates).

TO THE FOG!!

revoted...that has to be the quickest fog ascendancy i've ever seen this late in the game...

mcnaryxc

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mcnaryxc
Re: A pretty lousy day

GMV. I don't like many pop culture shirts, but this one makes me laugh and D'aww at the same time.

kelcb93

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kelcb93
Re: Existential Whale

So I've come to realize that this is the perfect gift for my brother for Christmas. PLEASE win, because if not I don't know what to get him, and whatever it is won't be as cool as this shirt! Excellent design.

avaqadore

quality posts: 0 Private Messages avaqadore
mightyrain wrote:I made it as they are just about to sit down and watch it. I am going to do a version with Star Trek on the screen lol.

Also for thise interested in the design, after the derby feel free to search for "mightyrain" on redbubble. I have many designs there.

Done and done. You have some great designs and I can't wait for this one and ones like it to be available!

ralicag

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ralicag
liamornelda wrote:This is so awesome. I wish there were more references of Ender's Game on the Internet. I'd TOTALLY buy this.

Thanks I love Ender's game and I am a big fan of O S Card

I hope the fans of Ender would enjoy this visual play :D

toxicxchocobo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages toxicxchocobo

I absolutely MUST have this. Please please please win (or if going elsewhere please let me know). Quite possibly the BEST shirt I've seen on this site to date.

nikon949

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nikon949

I want this shirt, i want like 10 of them.

tartuff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tartuff
Re: Baby Aliens

Amazing !!!!

polluxoil

quality posts: 33 Private Messages polluxoil
mattlussier wrote:revoted...that has to be the quickest fog ascendancy i've ever seen this late in the game...

From 0 to Fog in less than 24 hours, with the first unfogged entry at over 400 votes?

Yeah, I'd say this had a good chance of hitting top 3 if the votes continue. /crosses fingers

scidan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scidan
nicoleterry92 wrote:Oh. My. Gosh. That's sooo my backup if this doesn't print.

buy both, it's only $10 :P

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 210 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 210 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Use the (Tri)force, Link

That's no moon, oh wait my mistake, it is.

Really nice first entry, Maryborn. I haven't got much in the way of critical feedback. Let's see... you could have had the moon smaller and more in the empty space of the sky, rather than as a background to Luke/Link. The foreground and background are slightly fighting for attention, maybe?

I think your style is very Woot friendly.

leggzmackenzie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages leggzmackenzie
Re: Woodland Exterminators

totally cute. love it.

ClaudiaM

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ClaudiaM
melquam wrote:Twinkle twinkle little *NOM NOM NOM!!!*

And the cow jumped over the moon.

The End.

I realize it's a fantasy sort of scene, but for me, seeing stars through the dark side of the moon is a pet peeve.

virtualathlete

quality posts: 1 Private Messages virtualathlete
endangeredomega wrote:I'm in the same sort of camp, especially when it comes to Woot shirts. I never really vote for or buy the reference designs, save for the occasional gift for others. Paying people to rip off of others' intellectual property / creativity, rather than rewarding those who take a chance to create something new and original, tends to leave a bad taste in my mouth as a general rule.

It's hard to say really. Dogulas Adams himself wrote for Doctor Who. He had original scripts yes but it was Doctor who doing doctor who things.
Yet I wouldn't say that he is not creative because he made something based on someone else's idea.

It is a neat looking shirt if you do not know the reference and it is made better by fans. Also you have to consider the source. The current top selling shirts are pop culture references. So it is in a persons best interest to make something easily consumable.

However it is in your right to not like the pop culture shirts and favor the shirts not evocative of intellectual property.

ClaudiaM

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ClaudiaM
Re: Mal's Pals

I think this is charming, and I'm surprised it isn't getting more votes.

yankeebird

quality posts: 7 Private Messages yankeebird
Re: Magic Carpet

You've got nine colors here and you can only have six. And why are your designs always so big and blurry? I've seen some where the design is getting cut off the edge of the shirt and I have no idea what's going on.

citizencoyote

quality posts: 42 Private Messages citizencoyote

Got my vote again, I so want to see this one print. By all that is wooty, please print!

Also, it sucks when a long-standing entry is rejected so late in the derby. That's pretty uncool, woot, especially since the idea was presented early in the pre-derby thread and only one staff member chimed in (that I remember).

CityVelo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages CityVelo

This is the droid shirt I'm looking for.

*joins the forces to get this shirt printed*

mailmanmo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mailmanmo

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
Re: Existential Whale

Given that this is one of a small handful of entries where jasneko has NOT created very unique characters, I find it strange that all these comments are criticizing her for doing so this derby. She is one of the artists who very seldom reaches for a pop culture reference.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

dulcesueno21

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dulcesueno21

This needs to win so I can buy it for my dad for Christmas. I can't think of a better thing because he LOVES both of these things!

specsmachine

quality posts: 31 Private Messages specsmachine

REVOTED!!!

ralfwolf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ralfwolf
4khaos wrote: How is it funny, or is it some odd reference to something?

where is it in the rules for this derby that says it has to be funny?

mryac

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mryac
Re: Resub: Picardio: The next generation of fitness

sadly a bit late in the game, but back up without the starfleet logo, so if you liked it before give it a vote...or 300

lostrocket

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lostrocket

The baked goods are adorable but I don't care for the speech bubbles. I'd want it without those.

Re: Doctor Treats

BootsBoots

quality posts: 37 Private Messages BootsBoots
Re: Never Trust Cute Aliens

I like the one on the right.