Invisiblemoose

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Invisiblemoose

Beautiful. Bought a long-sleeve version. See how it goes.

ShadowDragoonFTW

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ShadowDragoonFTW

Anybody else get a subtle Princess Mononoke vibe offa this? I can't quite place what it is about it, but as soon as I saw it, that's what I thought.

djkturkey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages djkturkey

Reminds me of Narnia. I like it.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 215 Private Messages Spiritgreen
ShadowDragoonFTW wrote:Anybody else get a subtle Princess Mononoke vibe offa this? I can't quite place what it is about it, but as soon as I saw it, that's what I thought.

Yes! I had a flash of Ashitaka and Yaku. Something in the sense of poise and the beautifully observed lines. Very nice shirt, Joe Carr!

All these other goodies too... o_O

walmazan

quality posts: 64 Private Messages walmazan

This is amazing!!!!!

congrats Joe!

chrisprender

quality posts: 312 Private Messages chrisprender

Long sleeves and metallic ink? That's a double-dose of awesome to compliment this fantastic design. Nice work, Joe Carr!

trbofr13nd

quality posts: 1 Private Messages trbofr13nd

Arrrrrrrgh woot why do you have such a good design I was saviNG THAT MONEYYYYYYYYYYY

Sig sig sig sig sig

specsmachine

quality posts: 31 Private Messages specsmachine
slowjam wrote:First, shout out to Wasilla. I used to live in Anchorage. Not sure if I've seen an Alaskan artist on here before.

Joe Carr also designed Big Robot

astrophrenia

quality posts: 1 Private Messages astrophrenia

I think this is one of the simultaneously coolest and most beautiful shirts you guys have printed in quite some time... now if only I wasn't so stressed about having money to buy something for everyone on my gift list, I'd definitely get one for myself.

Hm... I wonder if there's someone I can buy one for...

Also, I love that it's available in long-sleeved, but it's too bad that its so much more expensive. One would think it would be five dollars less on the day of release, just like all the other shirts, no?

Oh well...

Randyotter

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Randyotter

Great design for winter or even any time of the year, Joe has some real talent!

localClient

quality posts: 0 Private Messages localClient
ajdamn wrote:This Snow Goddess shirt sure is selling fast in Minnesota.

Speaking of which, in for one.

Ditto. Another MN winter approaches...sigh...

lamcjunk

quality posts: 7 Private Messages lamcjunk

WOW - love love love this design! Beautiful!

skatimmy737

quality posts: 207 Private Messages skatimmy737

Amazing design! Nice job!

barbs13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages barbs13

This is my first time buying at shirt.woot! even though I've been getting email announcements for over a year now. I saw this shirt and just had to have it! Awesome!!

faeriegal713

quality posts: 0 Private Messages faeriegal713

Difficult decisions to make; to get this one for myself or as a gift. Or both? Hmm...

isaboa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages isaboa

hey - thanks WOOT, thanks for all the kind comments wooters.

The printing on "Sea chariot" was so wonderful I am excited to see the results of this one.

thatrobert

quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert

Wow, this is very nice. I really don't need more t-shirts but...

writeman47@charter.net

quality posts: 0 Private Messages writeman47@charter.net

Wasilla? Hey, isn't that where what's her name is from?

lucky1988

quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988

Congrats Joe, fabulous design!

Robsoul

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Robsoul

Looks awesome! Digging this print.

Congrats Joe.

isaboa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages isaboa

thanks Rob, Herky!

also - yes I live in the same hometown as NHL superstar Scotty Gomez.

themidgardknight

quality posts: 1 Private Messages themidgardknight

Totally just used my $10 Woot coupon from September 28, 2011 for a free shirt. Best free shirt ever.

If I had more money in my account, I would've loved to have gotten the long sleeve. My new 46" plasma prevented me from that however.

RipRap

quality posts: 2 Private Messages RipRap
sophiecabra wrote:Not that the design isn't cool or anything... but can someone PLEASE tell me what Wil Wheaton was so excited about?

Who is Wil Wheaton ?

RipRap

More than 100 Woots (RipRap is better than everybody else, according to WOOT)
stop asking me to send you my used words. I recycle!

codex24

quality posts: 1 Private Messages codex24

"Don’t wear this shirt: while crossing country roads late at night. It’s hard to pull off that guy-in-a-deer-shirt-in-the-headlights look."

I dunno, this guy pulled it off:

clanbryce

quality posts: 1 Private Messages clanbryce

Awesome! A Christmas shirt I will have in time to wear DURING the holiday!

krazykoz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krazykoz
jdevenberg wrote:Why does long sleeve have to cost twice as much though! It's not twice as much fabric and I doubt it costs them twice as much to make the shirts (since it uses the same amount of ink and long tees don't cost twice what short tees do). Come on woot!, the long sleeve should be $15 today for this design

Economies of scale.

Excellent print, Joe Carr. In for a long sleeve.

diphallus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages diphallus

Pleeeeeease keep the long-sleeve option for at least the next few months..

chalion

quality posts: 8 Private Messages chalion
diphallus wrote:Pleeeeeease keep the long-sleeve option for at least the next few months..

Actually, i'd like to see more of the previous shirts added to the holiday gift guide 2011 sale. Especially hoodies/zippered hoodies..............or at least set as an option from here forward.

(Like Red's Revenge. I could so go for that in a hoodie).

Guess i'll be happy (for now) with:

Angry Day Pullover Hoodie

Khione Long-Sleeve Tee

Recommended signature image size is 5k.

temperance520

quality posts: 0 Private Messages temperance520

I was so excited to see the long sleeve option! Although I didn't purchase this shirt, I hope that the long sleeve option will be offered on all t-shirts, both new and those in the reckoning. I live in an area where it is cold for the better part of the year, and often I will pass on a t-shirt simply because I already own so many short sleeve Woot shirts I can't wear because it;s too cold. Whoever came up with that idea deserves a raise!

judge666

quality posts: 2 Private Messages judge666

Nice Tshirt design. A nice subtle design and color pallet with the added hint of metallic ink. The illustration is magnificent. A must buy as soon as I saw it. Finally a shirt design that isn't plastered with cute cartoon animals or obnoxious text. I used to buy more than a shirt a week on shirt.woot until the beginning of this year. I haven't liked any of the designs available so the last shirt.woot shirt I bought was in June. Finally, there is one that I wanted to order! Please Woot, print more shirts like this that are more artistic and interesting and not just some Sanrio hack job. Thanks!!!

tessderpervilles

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tessderpervilles

Oh! Durr.
Khione being the non phonetic spelling of the Greek word for snow.
NOW I get it.

elankat

quality posts: 7 Private Messages elankat

Beautiful shirt. I'm in for one short sleeve. I would have gone with a long sleeve, but I don't like men's long sleeve style shirts with the cuff.

lastviking77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lastviking77

Joe, this is a really nice design. I was fortunate enough to be in Alaska and in Wasilla this past June. I'll be able to wear it and easily think of Alaska. Thanks.

amreli

quality posts: 8 Private Messages amreli

Convinced myself to get the long-sleeve version, the snow theme is perfect for it!

koenigkat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages koenigkat

Thought it was gorgeous and just had to buy one. Good work.

4khaos

quality posts: 8 Private Messages 4khaos
ShadowDragoonFTW wrote:Anybody else get a subtle Princess Mononoke vibe offa this? I can't quite place what it is about it, but as soon as I saw it, that's what I thought.

It's kinda a stretch to compare it to Mononoke Hime... Yakul's horns are curved with ridges, and Ashitaka has no gold decorations. But I'd love to see a Miyazaki-inspired design!

danthonyross

quality posts: 0 Private Messages danthonyross

I've been a Wooter for over a year now, and this is the first shirt I've ordered! Man, I'm picky.

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

Last wooter to woot: jbhswim
Last purchase time: Monday, November 28, 2011, 11:58:57 PM Central Time
Order pace: 0m 54.197s
Woot wage: $3,752.80
Woots sold: 1593

Last wooter to woot: maddenman2000
Last purchase time: Monday, November 28, 2011, 11:59:40 PM Central Time
Order pace: 0m 54.156s
Woot wage: $3,750.94
Woots sold: 1595

Looks like first day is 1595

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

This shirt printed beautifully. I received it this morning and wore it immediately. For females interested in the sizing conversion: I usually wear a WL and I purchased the long-sleeved t-shirt in a MS. The shirt is a little big; I'd say it fits more like a WXL. I will definitely have to shrink it in the dryer upon washing.

A couple of pictures follow--one of the fit, one of the detail. The detail image is most accurate as to colour.

Buy this shirt: it's gorgeous!!

9mmsean

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 9mmsean

How long does it typically take to receive a shirt from shirt.woot.com?