almsforoblivion

quality posts: 8 Private Messages almsforoblivion

For those not in the know, the previous write-ups referenced can be found here and here.

kajuinu

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kajuinu

This shirt reminds me of a bizarre mix between Up, A.I. Artificial Intelligence, Invader Zim (Gir), and Wall E.

I really really love that. It makes my imagination really run free. And the background is so detailed. Bravo! :D

JynnJynn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JynnJynn

Looks eerily similar to a design I made about a year ago for a T-shirt for a project at our hackerspace Whitestarballoon.com

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/528/whitestarlesspink.png/

JynnJynn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JynnJynn

Not that this fact is going to keep me from buying it anyway...

mimsyborogove923

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mimsyborogove923

Gosh, that story is beautiful, almost made me cry a little.

tophyr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tophyr

I'd have bought just about anything after reading the story. You guys got fleeced, for only $10.

DragonCMNDR

quality posts: 3 Private Messages DragonCMNDR
almsforoblivion wrote:For those not in the know, the previous write-ups referenced can be found here and here.

Thanks for pointing those out! It's too bad I missed the first shirt somehow, now i can't have the trillogy. But, two out of three isn't bad.

I've been going through Asimov's robot series and short stories recently, and these three are a perfect tie in. I think Asimov would enjoy your write-ups woot. I certainly did.

dawnmt

quality posts: 9 Private Messages dawnmt

I am another one who wishes that this ends up on a hoodie. I would be a few.

I can't even say how happy I am that this printed.

calebmitchell

quality posts: 64 Private Messages calebmitchell

Firstly, I just spent several hours writing a history report, had completely forgotton about the derby, and almost died of happiness when I got on here and saw this shirt. Patrickspens, I should hate you for how much of my money you take, but I love your designs.

Which brings me to my second point: I. Love. This. Shirt. This may just be my most favorite shirt that I have ever seen. As for you, Woot....1) My friends tell me I'm a souless monster. This write-up, along with the one for Patrickspens marble shirt, both got me teary-eyed. That being said, 2) Take these write-up authors and WRITE A BOOK!

Please

mcnaryxc

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mcnaryxc

In for 1. 1394 is a lot of votes and well-deserved. Amazing design. I can't wait to see what it'll look like in person.

amymichellea

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amymichellea

This shirt design is amazing. I already knew I was buying it before even glancing at the write-up.

I love the detail of the shirt and how the red balloon really just pops!

jezzarisky

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jezzarisky

It's a great looking shirt...but, seriously what's with all the grey shirts? If I bought even half of these shirts my wardrobe would be nothing but grey :'(

Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.
--Mahatma Gandhi

squishymonkey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages squishymonkey

Finally...I was feeling a lag with the shirt designs lately. Well done! Also got to support a person who lives like ten miles away from me (give or take a few miles). Yay so cute!

modestio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages modestio

awwww I was so hoping for one of the other cool shirts in the fog...

oogzy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages oogzy

This is one of the best shirts I've seen on here in a while. Definitely buying this one.

downtownrobot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages downtownrobot

hmm....this shirt strangely reminds me of a shirt design i started for threadless a while ago....granted this one is much nicer but...Also involving a robot, red balloons...and titled escape...

Threadless: Escape

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 217 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Buying one of these so I can reverse-engineer Patrick's halftones.

NOT because I think it's a stunning looking shirt, or the write-up warmed my cold, dark heart. Definitely not that.

;_;

lonoffd

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lonoffd

jhudiddy08

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jhudiddy08
mechno wrote:This reminds me SO much of Machinarium.
http://machinarium.net

"Reminds" is too soft of a word. This is a straight up carbon copy of Machinarium. If I wear this shirt, do I assume some sort of legal liability for copyright infringement?

Narfcake

quality posts: 288 Private Messages Narfcake

PatrickSpens shirt #10 now ...

skatimmy737

quality posts: 207 Private Messages skatimmy737

Well, at least in the dystopian future we'll have arc reactors.

xninjagrrl

quality posts: 7 Private Messages xninjagrrl

Love this shirt. I feel like one day I will regret not getting two. It's just that there's been so many fun lately and I can't buy two of everything, although...

Pros: The pills were there.
Cons: So was the tank.

iamjessica

quality posts: 4 Private Messages iamjessica

I don't think I've ever opened up shirt.woot and hit buy so quickly. Normally I think about how many shirts I have, then I read the comments because I care what others think, and then I ponder why I hesitate spending $10 on a shirt. This time I bought, read the comments, read the write up (which I do after I buy anyway) and then noticed how many awesome shirts were in this derby. I can see at least two more that, if printed, I will buy. Dang!

I poop while I Woot.

pilarjuliet

quality posts: 2 Private Messages pilarjuliet

*whisper* 'tell the story again, daddy...please?..and what happens to the Robot?? will that happen to us? are we going to be okay?'

Save the Earth...

it's the only planet with chocolate.

prokofiev

quality posts: 0 Private Messages prokofiev

This shirt should come with a copy of the write-up engraved on stainless steel...but it should still be $10 ;-).

Shadowhunter312

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Shadowhunter312

Do robots dream of electric-red ballons?

stevethegeek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stevethegeek

Came here for this. Leaving satisfied.

Veflores

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Veflores

That WRITE UP! Holy geez. Yup. Buying the shirt.

effenfish

quality posts: 0 Private Messages effenfish

that was a touching write-up. going to look for the other parts now. an short story illustrated with shirts. thanks.

qwerty1323

quality posts: 1 Private Messages qwerty1323

reminded me of http://www.chandlertherobot.com/. particularly willies.

citizencoyote

quality posts: 42 Private Messages citizencoyote
almsforoblivion wrote:For those not in the know, the previous write-ups referenced can be found here and here.

Thanks for pointing those out. I love this shirt, so full of beautiful melancholy just like the story. I really don't need another asphalt tee, but I can't resist (and if Wrong Droid prints, I'll have yet another). One for me, one for a gift.

profbrendan

quality posts: 7 Private Messages profbrendan
polluxoil wrote:D'awwww, and the tale of the girl and her loving robot ends. Is this the first write-up that's spanned three different shirts? Great stuff, woot, great stuff.

P.S. I'm getting the shirt.

To my knowledge, the write-ups for four Halloween shirts have used the theme of a storytelling old man from West Boo-foo, referencing previous years as they go along. First, second, third, and fourth (most recent). Not really a continuing story like this though.

And I'll join in and say this robot story got me all teared up too, just like BootsBoots' "Something I Must Do".

gryphoncat

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gryphoncat
chickenbeef wrote:What a stirring short story of a dark, post-apocalyptic future era envisioned with a tinge of hope in the midst of hopelessness.

JUST LIKE MY JOB. In for one.

If I could get employment doing write-ups like this, I'd be thrilled. ...Except I would never want to put the genius who wrote this out of a job!

~G'Cat

ZombieDarling

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ZombieDarling

Damn you, that write up is so sad and decorateing touching I'd agree that it seals the deal. What a story...I wish I would have been warned that I needed a box of tissues before reading and buying the shirt! Good lord lol Beautifully detailed shirt though, looking forward to wearing it

littlemissjoker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages littlemissjoker

Wanted it, read the blurb, cried, bought it. ^_^

Also my third patrickspens shirt - nice work dude!

DaOtter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DaOtter

It looks very much like a tribute to Mechanarium, which was an awesome game.

grahamcrackercoyote

quality posts: 25 Private Messages grahamcrackercoyote

EXCELLENT - the ONE shirt I really wanted from this derby! May all our post-apocalypses have red ballons.

jazzynightowl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jazzynightowl

that was my first thought, too. LOVE that game. such a cute ending!

tweber

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tweber

Author! Author!

myst3r1o

quality posts: 0 Private Messages myst3r1o

What a dark and very breathtaking short story! Definitely bought because of the story alone. Incredible!