commadelimited

quality posts: 1 Private Messages commadelimited

My friend Shawn has a tattoo that looks almost exactly like this shirt:

http://whiskerino.org/2009/beards/motke/21503/

cdrewlow

quality posts: 9 Private Messages cdrewlow
zekecatz wrote:It's The Red Ballon ! Classic film.

I love that film!

randy280z

quality posts: 0 Private Messages randy280z
mechno wrote:This reminds me SO much of Machinarium.
http://machinarium.net

That was my first thought. The look and feel is incredibly similar.

michael2561

quality posts: 1 Private Messages michael2561

Robot reminds me of the one from the indie game "Machinarium", the game also has a very similar story:

http://www.gamersdailynews.com/images/screenshots/20091029_PC_Machinarium_josef_3positions.jpg

EDIT: Oh wow, see other people have said the same. Guess I wasn't the only one.

nyren

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nyren

Well, I was going to buy this shirt because I loved Machinarium and this reminded me of it immensely. But, I then read the story and decided not to get one.

So I bought two instead.

missmissa07

quality posts: 12 Private Messages missmissa07

It's funny--I bought this one before reading the write-up only to discover that two previous robot shirts I've purchased were referenced there, too. I'm glad to have all the shirts of this trilogy .

faeriebell

quality posts: 1 Private Messages faeriebell

Amazing write up. It inspires me as I start my own new beginning out of the ashes of my own life. Pretty much required to buy this one.

kazen117

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kazen117

wow. just... wow. I can't describe how amazing this is.

pjhammer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pjhammer

OK bought a shirt - can you by chance give us a higher-res image for use on our ipads???

Vilgrom

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Vilgrom

Ditto to everyone's comment about Machinarium. I actually thought it might have been sponsored by the developers or a tribute of sorts.

Independently a great game and a great shirt, nonetheless

numchux9000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages numchux9000

This is really nice!

xxchange

quality posts: 44 Private Messages xxchange

The sad story got me. In for one, and I shall cry for Old Woman every time I wear it! Not the robot though, his kind is taking over the world and I shall not condone it.

Oh, and the stupidly large button should be bigger.

Grats to the artist! It had been so long since I bought a shirt here, my card had expired.

My Colours: 6 Black, 9 Asphalt, 7 Cranberry, 4 Royal Blue, 10 Navy, 7 Silver, 7 Grass, 2 Orange, 2 Kelly Green, 8 Brown, 1 White, 2 Lemon, 7 Baby Blue, 3 Cream, 2 Heather Gray, 5 Olive, 1 Pink, 1 Eggplant

Last 12 of 85: Little Dreams, Black and White, Fall, I'm not prickley on the inside..., Released, Nature Owl, Mirror Mirror, The Last Day, Playful Foxes Remix, My Special Day, My Special Day Tote, Circuit-ulatory System Remix

bubbachuck

quality posts: 3 Private Messages bubbachuck

playing the game right now. really wish i hadn't read your post right now as the story was beginning to intrigue me.

Fear denies faith

orbitaladmin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages orbitaladmin

perfect for my son who's a fan of both stuffed bears and anthropomorphic robots... but I want it instead. WHAT TO DO?

wonder if this one will bring the other two back from Reckoning.

phsu005

quality posts: 0 Private Messages phsu005

in for 1! =]

anmeeks

quality posts: 1 Private Messages anmeeks

I just saw the muppets movie last night. That bot and that bear look awfully familiar.

sexylittlerobot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages sexylittlerobot

shirt.woot community, you deserve a cuddly robot hug for voting this one in! Yaaaaaaaaaay! Thanks for the design, patrickspens!

lisonallie

quality posts: 7 Private Messages lisonallie
calebmitchell wrote:Firstly, I just spent several hours writing a history report, had completely forgotton about the derby, and almost died of happiness when I got on here and saw this shirt. Patrickspens, I should hate you for how much of my money you take, but I love your designs.

Which brings me to my second point: I. Love. This. Shirt. This may just be my most favorite shirt that I have ever seen. As for you, Woot....1) My friends tell me I'm a souless monster. This write-up, along with the one for Patrickspens marble shirt, both got me teary-eyed. That being said, 2) Take these write-up authors and WRITE A BOOK!

Please

I second the motion!

magyargirl

quality posts: 14 Private Messages magyargirl

It's not about robots - I think his Wilde imagination didn't go quite that far - but this write-up really reminds me of "The Happy Prince" somehow. These sorts of tales just get you right there (points to the heart-place), you know?

ninjedi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ninjedi
bubbachuck wrote:playing the game right now. really wish i hadn't read your post right now as the story was beginning to intrigue me.

Not sure if you're being serious or not, but I don't see anywhere here where the actual game's story has been spoiled at all.

Adelas

quality posts: 11 Private Messages Adelas

Patrickspens is going to bankrupt me. I just can't stop buying his shirts.

I MIGHT have resisted this one - I couldn't decide whether to mourn the dystopia or cheer at the triumph - but the writeup clinched it.

embhorn

quality posts: 2 Private Messages embhorn

I'm broke from buying xmas presents, but as a fan of Machinarium, I couldn't pass this up...

In for one. Darn you, shirt.woot!

yellowflower

quality posts: 3 Private Messages yellowflower

Wow.

My boyfriend is buying this shirt, and I have a rule that we never purchase the same clothing. But after reading that write-up... I think I am going to be breaking my own rule.

rirodriq

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rirodriq

This is my first woot ever on any of the woot sites. Well spent! Thanks.

miken927

quality posts: 122 Private Messages miken927

Lobo... Lobo... Bring back Sheriff Lobo!

------------------
I Bet on Sky

beeceee

quality posts: 1 Private Messages beeceee

The story sold me on it even though I "aww'd" when I saw the graphic before reading the story.

Puggsy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Puggsy

FREAKIN ASPHALT I SWEAR..

SOLD.

I can appreciate good art, not add to it.

maganz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages maganz
missmissa07 wrote:It's funny--I bought this one before reading the write-up only to discover that two previous robot shirts I've purchased were referenced there, too. I'm glad to have all the shirts of this trilogy .

Which shirts? I bought my husband Robot Zombies! last year, but I can't recall or find which one would make it 3!

Narfcake

quality posts: 288 Private Messages Narfcake
maganz wrote:Which shirts? I bought my husband Robot Zombies! last year, but I can't recall or find which one would make it 3!

Refer this earlier quality post.

arismella

quality posts: 16 Private Messages arismella

Does this remind anyone else of World of Goo?

maganz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages maganz
Narfcake wrote:Refer this earlier quality post.

Thank you! I was thinking creator instead of writer, hence the confusion :P

crisdopher

quality posts: 3 Private Messages crisdopher

I usually hate these stupid writeups for Woot offerings - I just want the specs. But this one was high quality.

pilarjuliet

quality posts: 2 Private Messages pilarjuliet

Can I get that write-up on the back of the shirt? That would make it absolutely perfect..

Save the Earth...

it's the only planet with chocolate.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
pilarjuliet wrote:Can I get that write-up on the back of the shirt? That would make it absolutely perfect..

I would memorize it and tell it to whoever asked.

I'm just hanging out, really.

adamselby

quality posts: 2 Private Messages adamselby

I promised myself I'd buy this shirt if it won, and damnit it won! What a gorgeous shirt.

csdxcgirl97

quality posts: 0 Private Messages csdxcgirl97

Can someone explain the story to me a bit? I'm not exactly sure if I'm understanding it properly.

Starblind

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Starblind

The story is some guy is bored with his wife and while she's asleep he's reading the paper and there's a classified ad from a lady who likes all the stuff he likes. So he contacts her and she agrees to meet him at a bar. But when he gets there, it's his own wife! Apparently they were both bored, but they had more in common than they thought and they stay together happily.

Slydon

quality posts: 18 Private Messages Slydon

Staff

Starblind wrote:The story is some guy is bored with his wife and while she's asleep he's reading the paper and there's a classified ad from a lady who likes all the stuff he likes. So he contacts her and she agrees to meet him at a bar. But when he gets there, it's his own wife! Apparently they were both bored, but they had more in common than they thought and they stay together happily.

i'm going to find out where you live and punch you while you sleep

Hi, I'm one of the writers. My powers are limited but I'll do what I can.

Starblind

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Starblind

My mistake, that was the story of Escape (the Pina Colada Song). The story of Escape (the Woot shirt) is the little girl from the previous two parts has grown up and is now an old lady and is dying. Her robot is also on his last moments of life. But they're friends to the end and die together, but not before she designs a little robot, which the dying robot has built for her, and who flies away on a balloon at the very end. It's basically the saddest, cutest story ever.

Slydon wrote:i'm going to find out where you live and punch you while you sleep

Yeah, just try it. I'm protected by this little robot I found way up in a tree in my yard earlier today, tied up with what looked like balloon cord.

phonedog365

quality posts: 6 Private Messages phonedog365

Woot, you brought tears to my eyes first thing this morning. Thank you. It was a beautiful write-up. (In for one to add to my giant and exquisite robots collection.)