gabethematthews

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gabethematthews

So does this not have a connection with Machinarium?

surreal84

quality posts: 0 Private Messages surreal84

Just bought my shirt! I couldn't say no! It's just so cute!

sgmitter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sgmitter

It restores my faith in shirt wootkind that in a kawaii derby, this beautiful, artful, sweet, sad, pop culture reference free shirt won. Way to go wooters! Score one for the triumph of the human spirit!

bluejester

quality posts: 557 Private Messages bluejester

Okay, the story totally made me cave. I waited to last minute, but I too fell to the power of todays write up.

Narfcake

quality posts: 279 Private Messages Narfcake

Debut day - 4614.

elankat

quality posts: 7 Private Messages elankat

I absolutely love this shirt and am so glad it got printed. I'm sad that I wasn't near a computer the day it was the Woot of the Day. I guess I'll have to pick it up for $15 soon.

shamethebells

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shamethebells

My shirt arrived yesterday, I'm wearing it now, and I must say that I fully expect it to become my absolute favorite tee (woot or otherwise) in my (admittedly large) collection. As gorgeous as the digital design was, it's even more stunning printed!

r3soux

quality posts: 0 Private Messages r3soux

WOOT! This thing FINALLY came in last night. I must say, I'm impressed. Overall it's much, much nicer than I expected. :] Good job woot on the quality and EPIC write up, and absolutely amazing work PatrickSpens. This shirt was definitely worth more than the 10 dollars I spent and the week I waited. :D

sgmitter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sgmitter
shamethebells wrote:My shirt arrived yesterday, I'm wearing it now, and I must say that I fully expect it to become my absolute favorite tee (woot or otherwise) in my (admittedly large) collection. As gorgeous as the digital design was, it's even more stunning printed!

Totally agree! The print is beautiful AND the Vish shape to the buildings makes it slimming as well in an optical illusion kind of way.

Syndil

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Syndil

Best. Shirt. Ever.

xninjagrrl

quality posts: 7 Private Messages xninjagrrl

You guys didnt think the lines seemed kind of blurry and the colors failed to pop? Maybe it was the poor lighting in my house.

Pros: The pills were there.
Cons: So was the tank.

arienb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages arienb
ObsidianEyez wrote:I want to know more! That write-up is only a taster of a surely epic story.

I would also love to see this as a hoody or a print!

Same here! How do hoodies get decided?

cmpilato

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cmpilato

I've been following shirt.woot! for some time now, but this is the first shirt design that I've been compelled to purchase. Not just tempted—compelled.

Look, punny, sassy, humorously cute shirts can be had at any of a zillion different places today. And maybe if I was still a teenager, I'd care more. But "Escape" is the first piece of truly appealing art that I've seen at Woot! to date, at least amongst the winners. There's a beautiful (and seemingly serious, if somewhat quirky) story—told or untold—in the imagery, and the artwork itself is just stellar.

(Further, after reviewing other pieces by this artist, patrickspens gets my unsolicited vote for most talented shirt.woot! designer -- please keep contributing!)

sydrocks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sydrocks

Mine just arrived today. I must say, it actually looks better than I expected. I love it! :D

BestGirl54

quality posts: 1 Private Messages BestGirl54

I was too broke to afford it when it was new, and now it's gone. Compelled is a very good word, and now I wish I'd given up something else for Christmas. *heartbroken*

smallville824

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smallville824

Staff

BestGirl54 wrote:I was too broke to afford it when it was new, and now it's gone. Compelled is a very good word, and now I wish I'd given up something else for Christmas. *heartbroken*

Try teetrade.org, wootswap.com, or the random shirt trade center in the Shirt.Woot forum. You might get lucky and find it there.

clichegoth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages clichegoth

I didn't get this shirt for my girlfriend at Christmas and now I'm really regretting it. She's been lamenting it ever since. Why can I find Patrickspens' designs, specifically this one, anywhere else?

I keep trawling every day in the hope of stummbling across this design on a small lady-fit, but it seems to have Escaped without a trace =¬(