jandk113

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jandk113

Firefly? What do lightening bugs have to do with this shirt?

On a side note...I have not heard of this movie..tv show?

...goes back under my rock to hide...

I ♥ WOOT!!!

derangedhobbit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages derangedhobbit

warmice

quality posts: 6 Private Messages warmice

Boooooo! Wrong Droid was wronged! These are not the shirts I wanted!

If you can read thank a teacher.
If you can read in English thank a Marine.

rowencia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rowencia

I instantly bought this when I saw the tweet go up. I HAD to!!! My WoW guild is based off this scene lol

Invisiblemoose

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Invisiblemoose
derangedhobbit wrote:This shirt isn't an original idea...

http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts-apparel/unisex/popculture/baf9/?srp=1

It's just a quote, right? No more or less original than all the Monty Python shirts?

I haven't actually seen the show so don't know for certain.

dcroe05

quality posts: 12 Private Messages dcroe05
bigcbass wrote:Thank you Firefly for introducing me and the world to Christina Hendricks.

Amen.

Draithy

quality posts: 14 Private Messages Draithy
kawaiimika wrote:It sure does remind me of another shirt: http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts-apparel/baf9/

It's the same reference, surely... but there is simply no comparison in the realm of design.

This shirt is artistic v. the plain joke reference of the other shirt.

bnbsouthworth

quality posts: 55 Private Messages bnbsouthworth

Am I the only one who thinks this looks like South Park's Kyle without his hat? Just not as curly?

mjonatzke

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mjonatzke

I don't get it but I am also from Melbourne, FL so props.

word.

angelbunny17

quality posts: 6 Private Messages angelbunny17

Wow this is amazing. I was supposed to be writing an essay on a TV show (I chose Firefly, natch) but I was procrastinating. Im taking this as a sign to get back to work.

http://www.youknowthatcrazychick.blogspot.com/

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
Draithy wrote:It's the same reference, surely... but there is simply no comparison in the realm of design.

This shirt is artistic v. the plain joke reference of the other shirt.

so is this one:

choose whichever is preferred (and available ;))

move along

hummercubs98

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hummercubs98

One of my favorite lines in Firefly...I actually was thinking someone should make a t-shirt out of it and behold, manna from heaven!

laughalot

quality posts: 6 Private Messages laughalot
icuc22too wrote:I'm so glad it won. I waited two nights for this shirt.

You and me both! I had to buy two, one for me and one as a Christmas present.

parkermc

quality posts: 23 Private Messages parkermc
derangedhobbit wrote:This shirt isn't an original idea...

http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts-apparel/unisex/popculture/baf9/?srp=1

Since that shirt is based off of a quote from Firefly, that isn't exactly original either, is it? Only Firefly can claim originality there.

They are takes on the same quote. This one is better by far.

Rudeboy2025

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Rudeboy2025
parkermc wrote:They are takes on the same quote. This one is better by far.

+100

psaux

quality posts: 9 Private Messages psaux

Not that anyone should care about my opinion, but I find it more than a little odd that of all the wonderful lines in Firefly, and even some moderately good ones in Serenity, people choose to focus on something plotline-irrelevant like this.

Give me a shirt covering Mal's post-duel monologue, then we can talk.

:P

dcpotts

quality posts: 6 Private Messages dcpotts

+1 re: Mals post duel quotes.. or pre-duel... or dueling!

Serenity on USA network in 22hrs from this post.
AND They're in the middle of the Gina Torres/"Jasmine" arc of Angel on Turner (2 episodes every weekday morning @5amCST).
Yes, I wake up at 5a to get my pre-work Whedon in with my Wheaties (I feel like there should be some Wheaton in there)... and I'm like, old.
*skips away singing "Bunnies aren't just cute like everybody supposes! They got them hoppy legs and twitchy little noses! And what's with all the carrots? What do they need such good eyesight for anywayyy? Bunnies..."

IamIreland

quality posts: 1 Private Messages IamIreland

I really don't mind 90% of the unofficial fan shirts out there but this is one time where I really can't deal with the original property getting royalties.

aperfecttool72

quality posts: 7 Private Messages aperfecttool72

I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar... to go buy this shirt!

woolysockofdoom

quality posts: 16 Private Messages woolysockofdoom

Firefly is decent because there's not near enough good Sci-Fi out there. But, honestly, the show was nothing spectacular, and it is viewed glowingly through the nostalgia lens far too often. I'll just go sit in the corner and talk about how I hate all main stream media.

minigram

quality posts: 0 Private Messages minigram

In agreement with sunaness: curse shirt.woot for their sudden but invertible release of a T-shirt I cannot resist buying! <3

Stark

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Stark

There was an Arrested Development shirt?

eatmoreramen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eatmoreramen

But what's with the green under his eyes?!

This is one of my most favorite quotes from my most favorite show - but why the green?

xninjagrrl

quality posts: 7 Private Messages xninjagrrl
woolysockofdoom wrote:Firefly is decent because there's not near enough good Sci-Fi out there. But, honestly, the show was nothing spectacular, and it is viewed glowingly through the nostalgia lens far too often. I'll just go sit in the corner and talk about how I hate all main stream media.

No, it was actually 1,000 times better than the garbage we get nowadays, Falling Skies, Terra Nova.

Pros: The pills were there.
Cons: So was the tank.

modestio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages modestio

awww was hoping for one of the other shirts in the fog. But nice drawing though!

ruddyadam

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ruddyadam

Love Firefly, hate South Park

Unfortunately, the art style opts me out of this one.

there are 10 types of people in the world...

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 206 Private Messages Spiritgreen

This line from the first scene of the pilot feels like it's about Joss Whedon and Wash in general now.

Never let Whedon know you love a character. That's what he's waiting for and then... BAM!

Congrats Nicholas. Great work.

ppremont

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ppremont
flammablesquid wrote:Watch the very first episode of Firefly, then it will all become clear.

There is no way I'm watching that tripe again.

Bring back the 4 O'Clock Flash!!!

matrim108

quality posts: 0 Private Messages matrim108
woolysockofdoom wrote:Firefly is decent because there's not near enough good Sci-Fi out there. But, honestly, the show was nothing spectacular, and it is viewed glowingly through the nostalgia lens far too often.

Thank you for articulating exactly how I feel about this show. It's a good show, but I'll never understand the level of love people have for it.

walmazan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages walmazan

Congrats nblottie!

Amazing and fun style!

phonedog365

quality posts: 6 Private Messages phonedog365

Love Firefly, love South Park, but won't wear a mash-up of the two. Good luck, though!

spanchenblow

quality posts: 10 Private Messages spanchenblow

Why isn't this on brown?

cwendauthi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cwendauthi
psaux wrote:Not that anyone should care about my opinion, but I find it more than a little odd that of all the wonderful lines in Firefly, and even some moderately good ones in Serenity, people choose to focus on something plotline-irrelevant like this.

Give me a shirt covering Mal's post-duel monologue, then we can talk.

:P

How about: "We're not gonna die. We can't die, Bendis. And you know why? Because we are so... very... pretty. We are just too pretty for God to let us die."

That's always been one of my favorites. ;)

darcyblack

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darcyblack

Score! Firefly shirt! Buffy shirt next? :D

cwendauthi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cwendauthi
matrim108 wrote:Thank you for articulating exactly how I feel about this show. It's a good show, but I'll never understand the level of love people have for it.

1) Nathan Fillion is hot.

2) The humor in it hits a particular chord.

3) The romances were handled very tastefully and realistically.

4) Summer Glau is hot/bad ass.

5) It's an anti-Star Trek. Just a different-than-normal approach?

BofaDeeznutz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BofaDeeznutz

This is a fertile land and we will thrive. We will rule over all this land and we will call it..."This Land".

specsmachine

quality posts: 31 Private Messages specsmachine

Not a Josh Whedon fan but I am an nblottie fan, so I'm glad it got printed.

Krumlov

quality posts: 44 Private Messages Krumlov

God bless firefly

Need me some Boxes Of Condoms!

annikki

quality posts: 0 Private Messages annikki

Had I not scrolled down a few days ago and seen the shirt with Wash as a dinosaur with a toy Firefly and fell in love, I would have jumped on this. However, I'm not into South Park, and I found the reversal of roles (dino playing with ship rather than pilot playing with dino) on "Lumbering Leaf" to be exceptionally clever. The artwork on it was utterly darling, and it even captured a hint of Wash's personality, unlike this shirt.

Sad that it didn't have a chance. Maybe the artist will get it produced elsewhere, AND I'll find it.

whovian88760

quality posts: 0 Private Messages whovian88760

Love Firefly, hate South Park, if Wash was depicted differently I'd think about it.