wishlish

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wishlish

As of tomorrow, I'm starting a new job. For the last three years, I've been fortunate enough to do consulting from home. But that contract ended, so I took a new job which will require me to commute for over an hour...and wear a suit jacket.

The latter part is a problem. Since I've been working from home for years, 90% of my wardrobe is shirt.woot shirts (with the occasional TeeFury mixed in). Now, all that is gone- I've committed to dressing like an adult now. But I don't have enough suits, so I've been going out and picking those up.

However, suit-shopping is hard! It's nowhere near as easy as looking at shirt.woot at 1 am, determing whether or not the image is funny enough to wear on my chest, and clicking a button. No, I have to find the three suits in the store in my size (I'm a fat guy on Weight Watchers- I'm losing, but I'm not there yet). I have to try them on. Then I have to find shirts and ties to go with them. This process is nowhere near as much fun as shirt.woot.

So, c'mon, Woot, help me out. Give me a suit.woot site so I can wake up at 1 am, see if I like the suit, click on my size, and buy it and weight three weeks for FedEx SmartPost. Heck, I'll settle for tie.woot. But please, help me out.

(By the way, this is definitely a #firstworldproblem. I'm blessed to have these opportunities in the worst economy of my lifetime. I hope I haven't offended someone out there struggling to get a job who would gladly put on a monkey suit for a job. I've been there, and I know it's not easy. I just hate wearing suits.)

adventuresofray.com

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
wishlish wrote:No, I have to find the three suits in the store in my size (I'm a fat guy on Weight Watchers- I'm losing, but I'm not there yet).

even if there were a suit.woot, you'd prolly still be stuck saying "when is suit.woot going to offer suits in 3x?" (or whatever size you happen to wear)

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

They'd prolly all be refurbed 70's leisure suits anyway.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

wishlish

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wishlish
no1 wrote:even if there were a suit.woot, you'd prolly still be stuck saying "when is suit.woot going to offer suits in 3x?" (or whatever size you happen to wear)

Thanks to Weight Watchers, I'm no longer a 3X. In fact, depending on the manufacturer, I'm a 1X for some brands.

But I'm still a fat guy- 46W, 29 inseam, 52-54 jacket. I'm working on it, though.

Besides, wouldn't fat, lazy guys like me be right in suit.woot's focus?

adventuresofray.com

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
wishlish wrote:Thanks to Weight Watchers, I'm no longer a 3X. In fact, depending on the manufacturer, I'm a 1X for some brands.

But I'm still a fat guy- 46W, 29 inseam, 52-54 jacket. I'm working on it, though.

Besides, wouldn't fat, lazy guys like me be right in suit.woot's focus?

You might have better success pitching wardrobe.woot.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.