dirtybastin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dirtybastin

LOVE IT!
Though, in order to weild it I'm gonna have to either multiclass or spend a feat for it. Hmmmmm.....

-=dirtybastin=-

synx

quality posts: 4 Private Messages synx

This shirt is guaranteed to get you beat up; or at least a wedgie. So I ordered 3. Here's hoping!

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
mamere94 wrote:help! Since I'm NOT into any of these games, I don't know... is this a direct and specific D&D shirt, or does it have generic parts that would be appropriate for someone who plays these games in general but not that specific game? It's a style the kid would like, but if it is only for D&D then I don't think he'd wear it.

It's pretty generic. Mostly leaning to "Knights of the Dinner Table" style RPG-ing.

move along

mistermoo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mistermoo

This clearly needs to be available in a polo. In fact, most of the T-shirts I've bought I'd prefer as polos.

Or... am I the only engineer who wants to wear nerdified polos to work?

tanios

quality posts: 12 Private Messages tanios

Okay, I'll bite on this one and fully reveal my complete and utter nerdity and geekiness.

I'm thrilled to see the six core abilities, but what about comeliness (COM)? I take it this sword doesn't make you any prettier, just more forceful in personality, stronger, tougher, more agile, smarter, and more perceptive. Alas, this is a major sticking point.

Second, it should be noted that this sword, which is almost definitely a longsword, can crit on 19 or 20, depending on what edition we're calling up here (namely 3.X, where longswords and other similar bladed weapons could crit on a 19-20/x2). If this is a sword of critical hits, is it "High Crit" (denoting an extra [W} of damage on a crit per level tier of the player), that is, if we're playing 4e. And now that I think about it, do I get to rock a d12 for damage dice against a large (or larger) foe if we're going 2e? Or, for all it's showiness, does it still revolve around the ignoble d6, because we're straight out of the brown box (OD&D)?

I just want to know what kind of min/max munchkin BS I should be pulling if I'm going to rock this shirt to the Sunday gaming group. I wouldn't want to look like a dweeb or something.

Anyways, in for +1. Now let's see how many hot girls I'll get to do in the bar when I'm rocking this snazzy ensemble piece. Natural 20 baby...

loaba

quality posts: 31 Private Messages loaba

Nerdgasm +5

To hell with TSR and WoTC, says I! Paizo's Pathfinder RPG is where it's at, kids.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 158 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

csblakebrough wrote:Nice, but change that sword to a 'Highlander' MacLeod Broadsword, then i'll buy it!!

atbarr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages atbarr

Condition Doubly Damaging

What does Doubly Damaging mean?

nyst

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nyst

The pommel die is obviously a coveted Dwarven Metal d20. It is not of Chessex orgin, as the 20 is faced incorrectly for this to be the case.

If it were removable, the pommel die would be a handy thrown weapon! Or at the very least, an excellent sling stone.

khonrichan

quality posts: 2 Private Messages khonrichan

A prequel to next week's derby? I think so..

Mortuorum

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Mortuorum

No such animal as "too nerdy." In for +1, although I'd prefer it as a hoodie or long-sleeve tee.

nsroberts

quality posts: 2 Private Messages nsroberts

YES. I'm half tempted to buy 6 of these for my whole gaming group in ADDITION to the one I already bought. Any chance you want to offer a nerd table discount, Woot?

Man. Also wish this was a hoodie.

lordebon

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lordebon

I don't often buy woot shirts, but when I do they're awesome like this.

michalc

quality posts: 6 Private Messages michalc

Reminds me of my D & D days where I would actually design my weapons and armor during lulls in the action. Memories...

cfdunbar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cfdunbar
nyst wrote:The pommel die is obviously a coveted Dwarven Metal d20. It is not of Chessex orgin, as the 20 is faced incorrectly for this to be the case.

If it were removable, the pommel die would be a handy thrown weapon! Or at the very least, an excellent sling stone.

It is, as I have a set of the Bronze Dwarven Metal Dice. Quite handy to throw at our bard when she gets us into trouble.

In for 1 for a gift and hoping to be a receiver of same.

ddevil

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ddevil
mamere94 wrote:Heh heh. I'm not even remotely a gamer, but my teen is and he's mentioned this enough I actually understand it.

help! Since I'm NOT into any of these games, I don't know... is this a direct and specific D&D shirt, or does it have generic parts that would be appropriate for someone who plays these games in general but not that specific game? It's a style the kid would like, but if it is only for D&D then I don't think he'd wear it.

This would work for any fantasy RPG that uses a d20.

graffd02

quality posts: 1 Private Messages graffd02

Finally got the internet at work running :p

My computer got crit'ed by a storm while I was home last night apparently...

Thanks for all the support everyone!

Tiamat114

quality posts: 48 Private Messages Tiamat114

I want one but I wish the design had been centered, but that's just me. Now I just have to decide...

wingnutzero

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wingnutzero

I first looked at this shirt and thought "Cute, but too nerdy".

Then I looked at it again and thought "It really IS a nice shirt but still just a little too nerdy".

Then I came back and looked at it again and thought "All the little details are awesome but 95% of the people I know wouldn't get it, so I should pass on it".

Then I busied myself for a while but found myself coming back once again and thought "Screw those people".

Big gold button pressed.

Karzon

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Karzon
atbarr wrote:Condition Doubly Damaging

What does Doubly Damaging mean?

Well, your generic critical hit tends to do double damage.

So... I guess this means the sword DOES have an increased crit range, not damage.

everpc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages everpc
nyst wrote:If it were removable, the pommel die would be a handy thrown weapon! Or at the very least, an excellent sling stone.

Caltrop. Though d4s are best for that...

regalcabbage

quality posts: 2 Private Messages regalcabbage

I simply can't wait to use this next month! And despite the "Don't wear this shirt :" I think my dragonling's getting a pretty little boost from this, even more than this month when I wore my shirt with Link breaking the master sword <3

barbyq10

quality posts: 0 Private Messages barbyq10

Hey, I am thinking of getting a woot hoodie...I am still thinking because they are 30.00 and I wonder about the quality..anybody bought one..the deal is that they deliver for free right now..

emschelle

quality posts: 5 Private Messages emschelle

Fans of Community could get in on this shirt as well; I think their DnD episode is still one of the very best- Six seasons and a movie!

cliff75

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cliff75

Ironically, the die has no zero.

mys

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mys

My circle of nerdy friends grew by the hour today.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 215 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Well done Dave! I'm really pleased for you that you finally got one of your cool d20 designs printed.

Handsome looking design it is too. :^)

pquijal

quality posts: 2 Private Messages pquijal

Does anyone ever feel that some of the shirt.woot designs would make great posters, too?

nyst

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nyst
cfdunbar wrote:It is, as I have a set of the Bronze Dwarven Metal Dice. Quite handy to throw at our bard when she gets us into trouble.

I have the Brass set. Sadly they've been banned due to my DMs wife not liking the healthy thud they make rolling across their antique dining room table.

everpc wrote:Caltrop. Though d4s are best for that...

Especially the old basic set d4s from the 80s.

I finally gave in and also had to get a backup for when I wear the 1st one out. Now, I just need a certain hoodie and I'll be all set.

gholt121

quality posts: 3 Private Messages gholt121
mistermoo wrote:This clearly needs to be available in a polo. In fact, most of the T-shirts I've bought I'd prefer as polos.

+1,000,000 to this idea!!

mistermoo wrote:Or... am I the only engineer who wants to wear nerdified polos to work?

Nope!

Proud Woot!er since 2005.

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 112 Private Messages DianaSprinkle

First Day Sales: 2820 than it jumped to 2826... the anyone see into the jump?

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

Last wooter to woot: ghoerz
Last purchase time: Thursday, December 08, 2011, 11:59:43 PM Central Time
Order pace: 0m 30.654s
Woot wage: $3,750.79
Woots sold: 2818

Last wooter to woot: ahsbrad
Last purchase time: Thursday, December 08, 2011, 11:59:58 PM Central Time
Order pace: 0m 30.637s
Woot wage: $3,750.16
Woots sold: 2820

Last wooter to woot: curiouschef
Last purchase time: Friday, December 09, 2011, 12:07:22 AM Central Time
Order pace: 0m 30.729s
Woot wage: $3,730.97
Woots sold: 2826

Based on time, it would be 2820, 2821 or 2822

At 12:06 it was still 2820 so that is my best guess for first day.

Quite a jump from 2818 to 2826!

graffd02

quality posts: 1 Private Messages graffd02

Thanks to everyone who has bought and is buying my shirt!

compunaut

quality posts: 2 Private Messages compunaut
mistermoo wrote:This clearly needs to be available in a polo. In fact, most of the T-shirts I've bought I'd prefer as polos.

Or... am I the only engineer who wants to wear nerdified polos to work?

More polo shirts! Then I could truly wear Woot! shirts Every. Single. Day.

Nitetigrezz

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Nitetigrezz

Got this for my fiancee a good chunk of time ago and he still loves it :D

~ First ever Book of Cheats ~ 7/11/2014 ~ 104.9/2000