+ Add a Comment

thatrobert

quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert
Re: Cotton Armor

palookaboy wrote:clever, but doesn't this tap dance pretty close to text only?

You'd think so but Woot's definition of this has been very liberal in the past -- you can pretty much draw one square around your text and they're cool.

JarekKain wrote:Cotton Armor is what we used for home insulation haha.

http://www.mrinsulate.net/

Funny! I would not think that anyone would find a use for such a term as "cotton armor"!

thatrobert

quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert
cdrewlow wrote:...as do I. +1

Thanks. Looks like I made it a little too obscure this time!

3panman wrote:This is fantastic. I must have one.

Get a couple hundred of your friends to vote and we're set!

heathenflower

quality posts: 1 Private Messages heathenflower
Re: roll players only

I wish this was getting more votes. I love it!

scubadvr2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scubadvr2
Re: Critical Hit

I agree, I love the design but wouldnt want to wear it on a shirt. I want a print of this.

miksoplik

quality posts: 0 Private Messages miksoplik

Might be funnier if it was "Hobbit Sweatshop Free"...

The end of the world is near, spend all your money now!

HeartlineTwist

quality posts: 1 Private Messages HeartlineTwist

So, any RPG game/character+loose tie-in to "everyday life"=topical?

So, if I made a Darth Vader shirt in a similar style, I am on-theme?

dreamyvelvet

quality posts: 10 Private Messages dreamyvelvet
Re: My Quiver

Hah! GMV

gruntled

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gruntled
Re: My Quiver

This is brilliant! Time to storm the castle!

L3g3ndQ

quality posts: 2 Private Messages L3g3ndQ
Re: Choose Your Weapon

so would have been better if the nostalgia one was an Atari controller

jatwellrn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jatwellrn

This is perfect just the way it is..don't go changin', just to please..umm..nevermind. I want to buy a whole mess of these for my son and his friends for graduation in May!

hipsterassassin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hipsterassassin
Re: Caffeine Power Up

Love the design and hope it makes it into the final 3 because if so you can count me down for a least one and maybe two.

hipsterassassin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hipsterassassin
scubadvr2 wrote:I agree, I love the design but wouldnt want to wear it on a shirt. I want a print of this.

or a nice oversized mousepad of the design. That would be awesome as well

jatwellrn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jatwellrn

Someone should send this to the Kardashian's

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

It will be interesting to watch the progression of this design considering the reaction to Ramy's prior design.

move along

anemality

quality posts: 12 Private Messages anemality

Alternative titles include: More like Dungeons and D'AAAAWGINS, You've Activated My Trap Card (Despite there being no cards in the image), A DM and his Dog etc.

Your dog is your best friend. Traveling companion, helpful...er, helper. Here, we spy a modern day wizard and his faithful familiar...

...or, you know, a nerd living vicariously through his dog. It's not my place to judge. Maybe the dog is a LARPER. I've heard you have to roll a sanity check when dealing with a corgi, lest your brain turn into delicious pudding.

So many silly things I could be saying about this. +5 cuteness, what sort of underwear tricks have you been training YOUR dog to do?, what level do I learn summon corgi?, so on and so forth. But it is late and I am tired, so I'm just gonna say...

You're about to get corgwned.

A fun little note about the title: "Corgwn" is the official plural of corgi. I for one think that a large group comprised of corgi dogs should be called 'A Murder of Corgis'.

Click here for a better look!

DEETS:

Thank you and insomnia is horrible.

Megatrain

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Megatrain

Awesome. +10 if this can be printed on a pocket-T (appropriately positioned, of course)

stingray69

quality posts: 4 Private Messages stingray69
Re: Final Fantasy Football

I'm playing fantasy football for the first time this year and I kept saying "final fantasy football" on accident so I finally gave into it. I've been looking for a shirt that renders it properly.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
OHFireRescue wrote:The first game I can remember that had an Easter Egg.

It may have been the first game with an Easter Egg.

move along

calebmitchell

quality posts: 64 Private Messages calebmitchell

I really like the idea here, but the D in dexterity is just killing me. I'm so OCD, and the way it slants while all the other letters stand just drives me up the wall. But, besides that, I really like the overall design.

roccypup

quality posts: 0 Private Messages roccypup
Re: In The Lair Of The Black Cat

I just love this shirt! I sooo hope this comes out, suits the derby perfectly on a funny and awesome way!

selana

quality posts: 0 Private Messages selana
seismicangel wrote:I love this shirt, But who is the wizard and the rogue O.o' I want one so much!!

The wizard is Doctor Who - Tom Baker's Doctor to be exact

darianwiccan

quality posts: 2 Private Messages darianwiccan
DianaSprinkle wrote:"Grade points -4"

A wild dog slime appears... eats report!

You come across a Gelatinous Dog. It sees you; Roll for initiative!

darianwiccan

quality posts: 2 Private Messages darianwiccan
selana wrote:The wizard is Doctor Who - Tom Baker's Doctor to be exact

And the "rogue" is Han Solo

OHFireRescue

quality posts: 0 Private Messages OHFireRescue
Dolemite wrote:Level 3, hidden in the maze... The invisible dot.

Insert appropriate screen flashes and sound effects here.

A bandolier of carrots would be appreciated about now

DJTweekNYC

quality posts: 4 Private Messages DJTweekNYC
j5 wrote:It will be interesting to watch the progression of this design considering the reaction to Ramy's prior design.

In my opinion, this concept is a natural one. You ever notice some derbies when 6 or 7 artists have the same concept with different execution? That's because they stumbled on a natural idea. I've seen this concept done many different ways, and in this case it's the execution that makes it original.

I can see how this can cause a controversy which should lead to a discussion, not openly tarring and feathering an artist who has always been honest and a class act. It happens a lot on here where people jump down an artist's throat and call them a cheater and accuse them of plagiarism when in fact they most likely never saw the previous design referenced. The fact of the matter is that as tee shirt artists, we try to be clever and original, but on or quest to be cute, funny, clever, and original, we stumble on ideas that have been done. It doesn't make us cheaters, it just means that sometimes, great minds think alike. It also doesn't negate that artist's new take on this subject. Like I said before, the artist's execution usually makes the subject relevant.

I've seen blatant rip-offs and I've seen accidental stumbling on the same concept, and I know the difference.

Drakxxx

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Drakxxx
Re: I Used To Be An Adventurer

Let me guess, someone stole you're sweet roll.

graffd02

quality posts: 1 Private Messages graffd02
selana wrote:The wizard is Doctor Who - Tom Baker's Doctor to be exact

Thank You

darianwiccan wrote:And the "rogue" is Han Solo

And Thank You...

:D

Initiation

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Initiation

I'm sorry... my house is huge on gaming, and neither of us would wear this. Idea could be simplified, however all of that has been done before. =/

jesseholt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jesseholt
Re: Buy Something Would Ya!

Great job!!!! I'm hoping to make an entry one of these days! I've got the ideas but not the skills! Well done and good luck!

J!

Initiation

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Initiation
CameraGuy wrote:Great art and amazing marketing. This will appeal to both the Occupy folks and people who want to make fun of them. It's got my vote. Good luck!

sorry, you're wrong on this one... not funny at all. All I could do was groan when I saw the title and groan +1000 when I saw the full image. I don't know anybody that would buy this.

jesseholt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jesseholt
Re: Roll-Playing

Cool! Good job!

J!

lovelybones

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lovelybones

The perfect power-up for finals week.

odysseyroc

quality posts: 32 Private Messages odysseyroc

I really like this one, and hope it prints. I think the whole "controversy" around this design is silly. FB isn't a rip-off artist, and I agree with what Alex (DJTweek) was saying earlier in the thread.

lemonlade

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lemonlade
Re: Kitty evolution

>_< I am wearing one of your other shirts, while thinking how much I hope this wins so I can buy it!

megmoves

quality posts: 1 Private Messages megmoves

I really want to love this shirt. I do love the concept. However:

Spell fail. "Glamour" is magic term that makes things seem different than they are. "Glamer" (long A) refers to a underwear gamer. (Unless that's what you're going for.)

And yes, if this were on a pocket T, I'd want one. But there IS no bonus pocket of holding on this style of T.

And... It is all text.

Randyotter

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Randyotter
fishbiscuit5 wrote:My design was a springboard from a design I subbed for a daily. Any similarities to the many molecule designs out there are purely coincidental. I certainly didn't rip anyone off.

I only mentioned it because I know you have been around threadless for like 2 years meaning there are fairly good odds you had seen one of those two links , either way theres no bad blood,(hell I am fairly sure I have sent you free shirts afterall) perhaps 'do your research a little better' would be a better off the cuff remark.

DJTweekNYC tl;dr

spyyderray

quality posts: 2 Private Messages spyyderray
Re: Rock and Roleplay!

So cute, I love its little, teeny fingers!!

bluetuba

quality posts: 56 Private Messages bluetuba

To be honest when I saw the thumbnail I thought for sure it was Ramyb, he's done molecules, caffeine, and caffeine molecules already and we all know how he recycles. Not much you can do with smiley face atoms to differentiate yourself IMO.

I don't think I've ever had an issue with fishbiscuit before so no nerd outrage here. I think I'm mostly just apathetic now with the lack of creativity and diversity around here these days.

bluetuba

quality posts: 56 Private Messages bluetuba
Re: Of Monsters and RPGs

This is great!

elankat

quality posts: 7 Private Messages elankat
Re: In The Lair Of The Black Cat

I think this shirt is just so cute and well done. I love that the mice LARPers are oblivious to the danger in their game.

Plus, it reminds me of Redwall, Mrs. Frisby and the Rates of NIMH, Tale of Despereaux and so many other wonderful fantasy fiction books with adventurous mice.