elankat

quality posts: 7 Private Messages elankat
elankat wrote:I think this shirt is just so cute and well done. I love that the mice LARPers are oblivious to the danger in their game.

Plus, it reminds me of Redwall, Mrs. Frisby and the Rates of NIMH, Tale of Despereaux and so many other wonderful fantasy fiction books with adventurous mice.

RATS of NIMH. Doh.

elankat

quality posts: 7 Private Messages elankat
L3g3ndQ wrote:so would have been better if the nostalgia one was an Atari controller

I agree. I still remember my 2600 with fondness.

dreashard

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dreashard
Re: Oh, the humanity!

Love the Zork reference.

blastfamy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blastfamy

If your character dies, do you have to burn the shirt?

redburr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages redburr
Re: Kitty evolution

To be honest if I was to go off the whole tabletop rpg thing I am not really in love with any of the shirts there are none of the rpg shirts I've seen that I would wear. So since I can't find any of those I pick this one because my ever growing army of cat shirts needs more recruits and well it is a cute shirt. Very well done despite the whole not going on the tabletop gist they kinda meant.

redburr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages redburr
Re: Kitchen Arsenal

I give you tons of props out of the things I have seen about this is the first Tabletop rpg themed shirt I have seen that I thought was creative and very nicely done. Most of the others are doing the standard dice jokes and video game rpg jokes. So you get my vote and my very sincere hope you make it to the top.

monkeypye

quality posts: 0 Private Messages monkeypye
Re: Indestructible

got my vote. DiabloII is still one of my favorite games!

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 32 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
odysseyroc wrote:I really like this one, and hope it prints. I think the whole "controversy" around this design is silly. FB isn't a rip-off artist, and I agree with what Alex (DJTweek) was saying earlier in the thread.

Thank you, Alex and Tony, for defending my honor.

fishbiscuit5

Randyotter wrote:I only mentioned it because I know you have been around threadless for like 2 years meaning there are fairly good odds you had seen one of those two links , either way theres no bad blood,(hell I am fairly sure I have sent you free shirts afterall) perhaps 'do your research a little better' would be a better off the cuff remark.

DJTweekNYC tl;dr

Honestly, Randyotter, I don't really check in on threadless that much. I've always supported your work and bought your shirts, so I'm disappointed that you chose a public forum to make accusations against me. I don't steal, I don't cheat and I do as much research as I can but sometimes coincidences just happen.

fishbiscuit5

bluetuba wrote:To be honest when I saw the thumbnail I thought for sure it was Ramyb, he's done molecules, caffeine, and caffeine molecules already and we all know how he recycles. Not much you can do with smiley face atoms to differentiate yourself IMO.

I don't think I've ever had an issue with fishbiscuit before so no nerd outrage here. I think I'm mostly just apathetic now with the lack of creativity and diversity around here these days.

Thanks, bluetuba. I try to be honest and keep my nose clean. Sadly, I think my more diverse designs don't do as well here. Cutesy molecules aren't that creative, but I had fun drawing these and I do love coffee and gaming, so, this is the end result I suppose. I hope people like it enough to keep voting. I think it's a likable, wearable design.

fabgab

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fabgab
Initiation wrote:sorry, you're wrong on this one... not funny at all. All I could do was groan when I saw the title and groan +1000 when I saw the full image. I don't know anybody that would buy this.

Nope, *you're* wrong. If it wins, it gets two buys in my house alone, and I've got friends giggling too. :P

fabgab

selana wrote:The wizard is Doctor Who - Tom Baker's Doctor to be exact

Who is the Cleric?

spyyderray

quality posts: 2 Private Messages spyyderray

anemality

quality posts: 12 Private Messages anemality

Ahaha, this is awesome. I figure this is what monsters WOULD do during their downtime of not eating adventurers, very nice. :D

anemality

This made my inner nerd smile. Nice colors and textures and overall awesomeness!

anemality

'Severe Snowstorm Entertainment' had me snorting. Excellent. :D

anemality

Yeeeaaah. I like this. A lot. Mostly because blue potion gives me a tummyache.

fabgab

amarti67 wrote:I like it,.but I feel like I've seen it

Yeah, it's been on a shirt. Here's the design.

anemality

It's cool, guys, I'll res...

...oh wait.

Love this. :D

anemality

I've definitely seen less cool things made out of trash. ;D Very nice. I like the bright color accents.

anemality

I'm probably the only person on the internet who hasn't played Skyrim and I STILL love this.

fabgab

megmoves wrote:I really want to love this shirt. I do love the concept. However:

Spell fail. "Glamour" is magic term that makes things seem different than they are. "Glamer" (long A) refers to a underwear gamer. (Unless that's what you're going for.)

And yes, if this were on a pocket T, I'd want one. But there IS no bonus pocket of holding on this style of T.

And... It is all text.

Yeah, I definitely read "glamer" as a cross between "lamer" and "gamer".

That said, it's way too similar to this.

numchux9000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages numchux9000
fabgab wrote:Yeah, it's been on a shirt. Here's the design.

Hadn't seen that before. I think they're different enough though. My shirt title isn't on the shirt. So with that in mind, my shirt has controllers with D&D attributes. That shirt has (different) controllers with "Choose Your Weapon", which is coincidentally the title of my shirt.

I'm really happy so many people are enjoying this design though I'm sorry it's not everyone's cup of tea, but not everything is.

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
Re: Of Monsters and RPGs

This is amazing!!! Also my fiance knew he'd seen this image before and linked me to your blogspot. We almost tattled cause we thought someone had lifted this image and subbed it here. @_@ Im glad we figured out it was you though, always a relief!

Your art is wonderful and I hope to see more of it. You need to link folks here to your blog so they too can enjoy the awesomeness. :D

Oh and +1. I would LOVE to wear this!!!

thatrobert

quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert
Re: Cotton Armor

miksoplik wrote:Might be funnier if it was "Hobbit Sweatshop Free"...

Well, it is the elves who make the mithril so not sure why Hobbit would be funnier. I'd love to hear your reasoning.

Megatrain wrote:Awesome. +10 if this can be printed on a pocket-T (appropriately positioned, of course)

That would be fun but I'm not expecting it.

megmoves wrote:I really want to love this shirt. I do love the concept. However:

Spell fail. "Glamour" is magic term that makes things seem different than they are. "Glamer" (long A) refers to a underwear gamer. (Unless that's what you're going for.)

And yes, if this were on a pocket T, I'd want one. But there IS no bonus pocket of holding on this style of T.

And... It is all text.

Not a spell fail -- please look it up. Glamer is an older word and is commonly used in D&D when talking about magic armor. There is also a separate specific spell that is spelled Glamour.

fabgab wrote:Yeah, I definitely read "glamer" as a cross between "lamer" and "gamer".

That said, it's way too similar to this.

Cool shirt but I prefer mine.

bassanimation

fishbiscuit5 wrote:Thanks, bluetuba. I try to be honest and keep my nose clean. Sadly, I think my more diverse designs don't do as well here. Cutesy molecules aren't that creative, but I had fun drawing these and I do love coffee and gaming, so, this is the end result I suppose. I hope people like it enough to keep voting. I think it's a likable, wearable design.

Fish, this is a contest to appeal to the voters. There's nothing wrong with trying your best to do something everyone will enjoy ^_^. People loves them some coffee, including me! I dont see anything wrong here at all. As much as we all want to be whimsical, the fact is we're trying to convince people to like what we do. The more we do that, the better we do in this particular arena.

Also, it's -very- poor form to publicly accuse artists of theft >. I've seen it happen so often here, I've been accused of it, and it feels utterly horrible (assuming said accusation is false, which 90% of the time it is). As artists we all draw from the same pools of inspiration. I've seen people draw something that was so close to something else that they'd -never- seen before. It happens. Cute molecule art has been around forever. I dont think anyone can claim ownership of this concept. It's like someone claiming ownership of anthropomorphic food. It's everywhere.

I think this is a cute shirt and I can see the theme clearly. It's definitely an everyday item. This could have easily depicted a standard cup of coffee, but instead it's the molecular form of caffeine. ^^

aprilraines

quality posts: 1 Private Messages aprilraines
Re: Know your Classes

L to R - Mr.T, House, Han Solo, 4th Doctor, Elvis

anemality

My favorite part of this one is how shiny the coins look. They have such depth. :D

baseballjf14

quality posts: 0 Private Messages baseballjf14
Re: I Used To Be An Adventurer

... then you took an arrow in the knee?

fungusamongus

quality posts: 4 Private Messages fungusamongus
cyclebex wrote:I have a pet-sitting business, so I must own this! Dogs get no love on here though.

Thank you so much! Hopefully this little guy can rally.

ressamac

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ressamac
kadiraa9 wrote:Brilliant.

Thank you, kadiraa9!

spyyderray

quality posts: 2 Private Messages spyyderray
bassanimation wrote:This is amazing!!! Also my fiance knew he'd seen this image before and linked me to your blogspot. We almost tattled cause we thought someone had lifted this image and subbed it here. @_@ Im glad we figured out it was you though, always a relief!

Your art is wonderful and I hope to see more of it. You need to link folks here to your blog so they too can enjoy the awesomeness. :D

Oh and +1. I would LOVE to wear this!!!

It's so cool that your fiance had seen this before on my blog - glad to know my stuff is making its way out into the larger interwebs! Glad ya'll figured out it was me - thank you so much for your kind comments. I think I've added a signature link to my blog posts now.

And of course, thanks for the +1!

bassanimation

spyyderray wrote:*
It's so cool that your fiance had seen this before on my blog - glad to know my stuff is making its way out into the larger interwebs! Glad ya'll figured out it was me - thank you so much for your kind comments. I think I've added a signature link to my blog posts now.

And of course, thanks for the +1!

Awesome, your work is truly spectacular!

kevlar51

quality posts: 44 Private Messages kevlar51
Re: Caffeine Power Up

Just to echo others' sentiments, FB5's ethics have always been above and beyond. Sometimes good, effective ideas are similar. Doesnt mean there was theft or anyone ripped anyone else off.

kevlar51

quality posts: 44 Private Messages kevlar51
Re: CatBroomMop!

Great stuff Boots. One of these days i'm gonna poke around that head of yours like Sylar from Heroes and figure out how you get all your ideas. Is that weird?

elliotdanko

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elliotdanko
Re: Have You Seen My Stapler

Oh please oh please oh please oh please............ This shirt is EPIC!!!!!!

Pheline

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Pheline
gricomet wrote:I really like the choices there.

especially in combination with the bug eyes. Although... they just *look* bug eyed for some reason; they really aren't that big.

Pheline

Re: Business Inventory

I like that the pens demonstrate your colors.

Pheline

raevynpheather wrote:Pokemon is not a tabletop RPG. It is a video game and a card game.

Aslo, I am not a Ramyb hater, as I own 20+ of his shirts, I am just annoyed that this derby is supposed to be about tabletop RPGs and everyone is doing video games.

er, I dunno- what is a real definition of "role playing games"? I really don't know, as I haven't played any- but I have seen people turn Pokemon into one- yes, younger people, but there isn't an age limit to whom a designer should appeal, is there?

rirodriq

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rirodriq
Re: The Darth Helm

what in the world does this have to do with everyday life? Other than this being a "pop culture" reference. Star wars and star trek submissions are getting old.