WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

We hope you've enjoyed our holiday happiness full of Greeting Cards, Totes, Aprons, Hoodies, Long Sleeve Tees, and of course regular ol' shirts, too. But all good things must end, and our Shirt.Woot 2011 Holiday Gift Guide ends tonight at midnight (central). That means if you've been putting off your Shirt.Woot shopping, today's your last chance to knock any last minute purchasing out! Click on over, peruse the products! And hey, feel free to let us know what you thought and what sort of things you'd like to see in any future gift guides, holiday or otherwise, in the comments below! Happy Holidays to you and yours from all your friends at Shirt.Woot!

gricomet

quality posts: 35 Private Messages gricomet

I think I am finally done with mine with 3 long sleeve shirts and 1 pull over hoodie.

thisniss

quality posts: 3 Private Messages thisniss

So do they start shipping now? Everything I ordered from the non-Holiday selections have shipped, where my gift guide purchases (made earlier) haven't posted yet. I am hopeful that I'll still get them early enough to gift!

ETA: Next year, I'd like to see the Krampus in a long sleeve. Thanks for the awesome!!

EATA: Well, apparently the answer is "Yes." Just got my shipping notification for the first SWHGG item I ordered. Yay.

JenDupre

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JenDupre

My wallet is still smarting with this one, but it was fantastic! Ever think about doing another mass vote and reprinting the top reckoned choices?

I'd like to have Angry Day in a shirt and a bag, but I'm loving the hoodies.

Thanks for bringing some of these gems back!

I'd be partial to A Wonderful Day in a bag or hoodie also. Love the olive, it wasn't given any love this time around.

Cheers and Happy Holidays Woot!!!

bluejester

quality posts: 560 Private Messages bluejester

Nabbed the apron, but my woot hoodie zipper broke =(

xxchange

quality posts: 44 Private Messages xxchange
JenDupre wrote:My wallet is still smarting with this one, but it was fantastic! Ever think about doing another mass vote and reprinting the top reckoned choices?

Excellent idea! I support it wholeheartedly.

My Colours: 6 Black, 9 Asphalt, 7 Cranberry, 4 Royal Blue, 10 Navy, 7 Silver, 7 Grass, 2 Orange, 2 Kelly Green, 8 Brown, 1 White, 2 Lemon, 7 Baby Blue, 3 Cream, 2 Heather Gray, 5 Olive, 1 Pink, 1 Eggplant

Last 12 of 85: Little Dreams, Black and White, Fall, I'm not prickley on the inside..., Released, Nature Owl, Mirror Mirror, The Last Day, Playful Foxes Remix, My Special Day, My Special Day Tote, Circuit-ulatory System Remix

scfrome

quality posts: 1 Private Messages scfrome

Well a snowman hoodie, two long sleeved Poison shirts, Shakespeare tote, Kitchen Warfare apron, and just now, (thanks to Goldenthorn) a long sleeve Reindeer...I'd say it'll be a wootee Christmas around here!

Slarti59

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Slarti59

Nooo!! I asked for some of these for Christmas, but didn't know to warn them the order deadline was so soon. =( Time to think of another Christmas present...

elankat

quality posts: 7 Private Messages elankat

Drat! I meant to pick up the Shakespeare tote and missed this post. At least I got a hoodie and an apron, but I'm still sad. Really Woot, it should have gone on a little longer.

scribethemad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scribethemad

Ooooh, nice job on the last minute, fine print-esque warning about when this was going to end. Brilliant.

So much for my Christmas shopping this morning.

billstew

quality posts: 2 Private Messages billstew

Did anyone else order the greeting cards? I got my shipment the next day, as advertised. But there were no envelopes. There is no forum for that item, which is rather unusual. I've wrote in to Woot service that day (wednesday) and still haven't heard a response back... I need to get those cards in the mail and I really don't want to have to buy 30 separate envelopes.

Narfcake

quality posts: 284 Private Messages Narfcake
billstew wrote:But there were no envelopes. ...

Hmmm ... they were supposed to be included. Says so right under the specs ...

Greetings from Krampus! 10-Pack Greeting Cards
Seasons Greetings 10-Pack Greeting Cards
Ugly Winter Sweater 2009 10-Pack Greeting Cards

shortman

quality posts: 44 Private Messages shortman
billstew wrote:Did anyone else order the greeting cards? I got my shipment the next day, as advertised. But there were no envelopes.

I ordered cards too. My first shipment arrived and did include 30 envelopes. Sounds like there was a packing error for yours.

pinkhairprincess09

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pinkhairprincess09

I attempted to order the cookie monster hoodie three times and was told there was ordering problems ((

yankeebird

quality posts: 7 Private Messages yankeebird
scribethemad wrote:Ooooh, nice job on the last minute, fine print-esque warning about when this was going to end. Brilliant.

So much for my Christmas shopping this morning.

It was noted from the very beginning the sale ended Dec 9th. Bummer that you missed it, but don't blame woot because you didn't pay attention.

billstew

quality posts: 2 Private Messages billstew
shortman wrote:I ordered cards too. My first shipment arrived and did include 30 envelopes. Sounds like there was a packing error for yours.

Thanks for your reply. This at least tells me it is justa shipping issue. Hopefully I'll hear back from someone at service on Monday

mizzfrog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mizzfrog

The Angry Hoodie was the only thing on my Christmas list... shared it with my man and he just asked me where it was. AUGH!!! (or GRRRRR!!!) No amazing hoodie for me this year. Wish it had lasted through the weekend ~ i could of at least ordered it for myself. Next year! Thanks for this terrific twist to shirt.woot!

PeregrineT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PeregrineT

As a long time woot shirt fan(and owning getting close to 20) I have to seriously ask, how are you guys THIS incompetent?

I mean, how is that you don't think to give any long sleeve options except for rare special occasions? And not only that but despite the fact I check the website every day you failed to advertise to me this, and I didn't even know it existed, otherwise I would have bought one(or more).

But no. Seriously, offer some long sleeve options. Zip up hoodies year round maybe? Its not rocket science, its common sense.

blanked

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blanked
PeregrineT wrote:As a long time woot shirt fan(and owning getting close to 20) I have to seriously ask, how are you guys THIS incompetent?

I mean, how is that you don't think to give any long sleeve options except for rare special occasions? And not only that but despite the fact I check the website every day you failed to advertise to me this, and I didn't even know it existed, otherwise I would have bought one(or more).

But no. Seriously, offer some long sleeve options. Zip up hoodies year round maybe? Its not rocket science, its common sense.

Do you have some form of NoScript enabled on your browser?
Look at the front page of shirt.woot now. If you do not see a banner between the image displayed and the write up, saying that you won't get the purchase unless you pay for expedited shipping, than you have somehow disabled their way of informing you about such things (well the main way, also look at the blog).

lonelypond

quality posts: 416 Private Messages lonelypond

Next year, there should be woot elf hats, shirt.woot grabbed so much of my gift giving business.

bluejester

quality posts: 560 Private Messages bluejester
lonelypond wrote:Next year, there should be woot elf hats, shirt.woot grabbed so much of my gift giving business.

I second this motion.

Narfcake

PeregrineT wrote:Its not rocket science, its common sense.

If you look at the closing numbers, business sense says it's not viable full-time.

The ads for the Holiday Gift Guide were plastered all over here on shirt and on the main woot sites. So I really can't see how you missed them unless you have some sort of block setup.

chennai8

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chennai8
PeregrineT wrote: I have to seriously ask, how are you guys THIS incompetent?

Wow??!! There was a horizontal banner right below the new T-shirt everyday since the day they posted. It's your fault.

neyfam2000 wrote:Woot!--going from "Deal-a-day" to "Site-a-day"

genericsmith

quality posts: 15 Private Messages genericsmith
PeregrineT wrote:As a long time woot shirt fan(and owning getting close to 20)

PeregrineT wrote:Long time woot shirt fan.

PeregrineT wrote:Close to 20.

BWA HA HA HA HA.

*wipes tear from eye*

Oh, that's just precious.

Edit: D'oh... Looks like you DID join before me... whoops (^_^)

Also, it looks like today is my woot anniversary. Yay Me!

Munchy Attack If you can find the name of this artist & real song title I'll buy you a daily woot shirt (your choice what day)

Dystopia Dark Lager, Where the Wild Parties at?, B.A. Bearacus, and many more wanted in XXL(PLEASE!!!)
Edgar Allen Poe shall remained headlock'd until Nevermore is reckoned.

Narfcake

genericsmith wrote:BWA HA HA HA HA.

*wipes tear from eye*

Oh, that's just precious.

Be nice now ...

(So says the guy who's cleared over 20 in a single month before, though mostly from the secondary market.)

psychephylax

quality posts: 0 Private Messages psychephylax
blanked wrote:Do you have some form of NoScript enabled on your browser?
Look at the front page of shirt.woot now. If you do not see a banner between the image displayed and the write up, saying that you won't get the purchase unless you pay for expedited shipping, than you have somehow disabled their way of informing you about such things (well the main way, also look at the blog).

Wait..what? Are you saying that you had to ship it next day to get the order? Because Woot certainly did charge me 25$ for my hoodie with standard shipping and I do not have my shirt yet or a tracking number:
Dec 5, 2011 Payment To
Woot, Inc.
Completed Details Payment To Woot, Inc. (mod: detail removed) -$25.00 USD

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

psychephylax wrote:Wait..what? Are you saying that you had to ship it next day to get the order? Because Woot certainly did charge me 25$ for my hoodie with standard shipping and I do not have my shirt yet or a tracking number:
Dec 5, 2011 Payment To
Woot, Inc.
Completed Details Payment To Woot, Inc. (mod: detail removed) -$25.00 USD

No. He is saying what the banner on the front page is saying. That one won't get any new purchases by Christmas unless one pays for overnight. With standard FREE shipping, you're looking at a week or two for delivery. Because that's how woot works.

kathleen1966

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kathleen1966

I'm still waiting for my Ugly Sweater Tee! I ordered this years and received it...but have not yet received the other one with the Moose on it...and I paid to have it shipped quick! I need it for Thursday! Help!

Kathleen

goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

kathleen1966 wrote:I'm still waiting for my Ugly Sweater Tee! I ordered this years and received it...but have not yet received the other one with the Moose on it...and I paid to have it shipped quick! I need it for Thursday! Help!

Repost from elsewhere, because I'm lazy:
You should always email service@woot.com if you have concerns that you paid for overnight shipping and did not receive overnight shipping. BUT, there are the important time caveats of: unless shipping date was specifically noted in the write-up--AS IT WAS STATED FOR THE UGLY HOLIDAY SWEATER REPRINTED SHIRTS that shipping was not going to BEGIN until DEC 9, no matter overnight or not--then it is good to know that if one purchased before noon, one would receive the next day unless it's a Sunday; if one purchased after noon, then one would receive the day after next unless it's a Sunday.

DennisWKam

quality posts: 22 Private Messages DennisWKam

Staff

billstew wrote:Did anyone else order the greeting cards? I got my shipment the next day, as advertised. But there were no envelopes. There is no forum for that item, which is rather unusual. I've wrote in to Woot service that day (wednesday) and still haven't heard a response back... I need to get those cards in the mail and I really don't want to have to buy 30 separate envelopes.

Sorry about that. It looks like we finally got back to you today and hopefully helped you out with this. Let us know if you need further assistance.

caramelarrow

quality posts: 14 Private Messages caramelarrow

Got my correct hoodie today and it is wonderful. I will fool people into thinking I'm a snowman every time I wear it. Thanks for offering this awesome design during the HGG!

07/11/14

talljay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages talljay

Hmm. Ordered two aprons last Monday and still no shipping indication.

goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

talljay wrote:Hmm. Ordered two aprons last Monday and still no shipping indication.

Have you checked for a tracking number under your purchase in "my account," found under your username at the top of the page? If so, and still no tracking information is available, please email service@woot.com with your order number and query.

May I please suggest that, in the future, when you have questions or an issue, you first look through the forums or even the posts in the threads in which you are posting? Just to look for other people who have had the same issues or have furnished answers to issues such as you have had? There's even a search function in the top-ish right of the forums pages! Heck, even the FAQ and all the other links at the bottom of any shirt.woot screen are pretty informative and helpful. I promise! THANKS! SMILEY FACE!

talljay

goldenthorn wrote:Have you checked for a tracking number under your purchase in "my account," found under your username at the top of the page? If so, and still no tracking information is available, please email service@woot.com with your order number and query.

May I please suggest that, in the future, when you have questions or an issue, you first look through the forums or even the posts in the threads in which you are posting? Just to look for other people who have had the same issues or have furnished answers to issues such as you have had? There's even a search function in the top-ish right of the forums pages! Heck, even the FAQ and all the other links at the bottom of any shirt.woot screen are pretty informative and helpful. I promise! THANKS! SMILEY FACE!

Thank you for your condescension!

Of course I had already checked for a tracking #. I was following the INSTRUCTIONS on that page. I will quote them here for you:

... If your order doesn't change to "shipped" within 5 days, check in our community forums for news of any delay, post there, and/or e-mail our service department at service@woot.com.

If you want to be helpful, tell Woot! to change that last sentence to "If your order doesn't change to "shipped" within 5 days, check in our community forums for news of any delay. If you don't see anything there e-mail our service department at service@woot.com."

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

But you didn't find any information regarding a delay. Nor did you really even ask a question. Your post sounded just like those who haven't looked for their shipping info, or done any searching to see if their question has already been answered. Goldenthorn's reply may have been a tad snarky, but try reading it like you are reminding your bff that they forgot their purse at your house AGAIN, and yes you love them, but this is a bad habit. Much happier. Giggle about it.

And really? Best bet will always be to email service@woot.com

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

flyinggirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages flyinggirl

I got my apron on Saturday and have already made use of it. I'm very happy with it.

talljay

For anyone else wondering where their apron is, I was told they are printing them today and they will be sent tomorrow (so I assume arriving on Thursday).

ivanivanovich

quality posts: 24 Private Messages ivanivanovich

Multiple packages arrived yesterday. Dog ate cuff of woot-symbol hoodie today. Really, really ticked off that I can't order a replacement. Consoling myself by wearing Nevermore hoodie.

But it's not helping that much.

Cwal37

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Cwal37
talljay wrote:For anyone else wondering where their apron is, I was told they are printing them today and they will be sent tomorrow (so I assume arriving on Thursday).

Ah, you get that from service@woot? I was going to email today since I ordered it the 5th, was told on the 9th it was shipped on the 7th, checked the tracking number to see that fedex had only received information but nothing else, and it's still that way today. Kind of concerned about this. I picked overnight shipping because early Friday I'm going away for a month and I don't want a package sitting outside my house for that long.

Guess I'll email them.

csnhsyearbook

quality posts: 0 Private Messages csnhsyearbook
talljay wrote:Hmm. Ordered two aprons last Monday and still no shipping indication.

I ordered an apron and "Krampus" last Wednesday and have yet to receive any shipping information. And yes, I did check under "my account,"...multiple times.