mijchang

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mijchang

the thermos is the best part!!

Re: Gone Ice Fishing

aramis525

quality posts: 8 Private Messages aramis525
Narfcake wrote:
Yeah.

BTW, I wasn't inferring that such is impossible - heck, the Woot's #1 selling shirt was a Monday submission that got 1st place! - but that the odds do decrease the later it is, solely for the time aspect.

WOW!! I knew that tjost's original was rejected in that derby but I didn't realize The Binge was a Monday afternoon submission.

BTW, I believe that if THIS was submitted on Monday, it would still have made it to the fog! It is that awesome!!

dooomcat wrote:
Well less than a week to go! It's my little twins' first Christmas too

AWWWWW! Happy first Christmas to the doOomkittens!!

citizencoyote

quality posts: 42 Private Messages citizencoyote
Paradox55 wrote:They look more god-awful than usual- if not for the coloring,you couldn't tell what they were supposed to be. What the hell happened to their beaks? Geez people, you can have penguins as there are plenty worthy entries this week, this phone-it-in effort is nowhere near print worthy.

Those aren't beaks, they're lips. They're modeling Estee Lauder's new lip gloss color, "Carrot Delight."

Good to see the punguins keepin' it in the Family, by the way.

texnewmex

quality posts: 0 Private Messages texnewmex
Re: Making Friends

Life's lonely when you're abominable Love the shirt!!

texnewmex

Re: Spring in Winter

I love this concept. So creative!

texnewmex

Re: Marching Break

So cute There's always time for a snow angel in the busyness of life!

texnewmex

Re: Tangled Lights

Cute idea! I likey.

Katerbater

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Katerbater
Re: Ermine in Snow

Cute character! It has kind of a Chuck Jones-y vibe

Mishvmd

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Mishvmd
Re: The First Snowflake

Ummm, the positioning and presentation is REALLY awkward.....maybe sticking out the tongue laterally?

stargazer688

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stargazer688

by far my favorite one yet! LOVE IT

Je5ster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Je5ster
Re: Solstice

This Shirt is Brilliant! Exactly the way a winter fae should look.

incessantranting

quality posts: 0 Private Messages incessantranting
Re: Unstealthiest Ninja II

Love the look on his face....

cdrewlow

quality posts: 9 Private Messages cdrewlow
Re: Winter In Germany

I love this. I'm really surprised it's not doing better.

imcarai

quality posts: 0 Private Messages imcarai
Re: Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire

It's unclear what he's roasting - I would Really like to see this with marshmallows on the stick! Great dragon!

captainassassin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages captainassassin
SkekTek wrote:I beg to differ. These are Japanese-dressed winter animals, and aren't referencing anything topical.

That's your defense?????

Sensei implies teacher/martial arts... Shurikens implies NINJAS, not Japanese dress, NINJAS. And you know it.

Your inability to follow the rules, only pales in comparison to admin's inability to ENFORCE the rules.

collinvh

quality posts: 62 Private Messages collinvh
Re: Winter Wonderland

Hope you enjoy the design, please vote.

captainassassin

Re: Unstealthiest Ninja II

I like this design, but it should be rejected for violating the rules. Ninjas are pop-culture. Quite evident by the sheer number of ninja-related submissions in this derby... not to mention every other derby.

MroosaurusRex

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MroosaurusRex
venikins wrote:Love the new color scheme! Fits it perfectly ^_^

Thank you, and thanks for checking out the new version ^_^

juliaL719

quality posts: 0 Private Messages juliaL719
Re: magic mountains

Love it. Very Mary Blair.

Narfcake

quality posts: 287 Private Messages Narfcake
captainassassin wrote:I like this design, but it should be rejected for violating the rules. Ninjas are pop-culture. Quite evident by the sheer number of ninja-related submissions in this derby... not to mention every other derby.

Ninjas are a generic characters. This isn't referencing any movie or anything.

It'll be like arguing because Frosty the Snowman exists, then every entry with a snowman should be rejected. Or that every entry with a penguin should be rejected because there were movies with penguins before.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
Narfcake wrote:Ninjas are a generic characters. This isn't referencing any movie or anything.

It'll be like arguing because Frosty the Snowman exists, then every entry with a snowman should be rejected. Or that every entry with a penguin should be rejected because there were movies with penguins before.

Technically speaking, ninjas would be considered pop-culture. Practically speaking, pop-culture is here defined as someone else's popular intellectual property.

move along

chellemonkey

quality posts: 5 Private Messages chellemonkey
Re: Everyone is Different [RESUB]

I LOVE how the "weird" one seems that happiest. I would wear this alllllllll year!!

cpresti

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cpresti
texnewmex wrote:Cute idea! I likey.

Thanks!

Check out my Food design please!

tleeri

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tleeri
paigeg wrote:Happy to see references to the upcoming lunar new year of the dragon (following rabbit)!

Thanks! =)
I'm glad that part came across.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

aramis525

quality posts: 8 Private Messages aramis525
MandaDragon7 wrote:
I don't think I was on woot for the equinox shirt... does anybody have a link? I'd love to see it...

Here you go!!

walmazan

quality posts: 64 Private Messages walmazan
Re: Unlimited Ammo

Go filipe!

shapelessclay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shapelessclay

Really great work, best kind of best.

captainassassin

Movie references aren't the sole requirement for something to be considered pop culture [even though there are literally thousands of ninja movies]. And the only thing "generic" about ninjas is how overused they are. Overused, because they are a they have been "popularized" via movies, TV, comics, and primarily the Internet.

The same reason zombies are pop culture, no SPECIFIC zombie character from some movie, but ALL zombies. Overused. Overused by people who constantly jam the character into contexts they have no business being in.

captainassassin

j5 wrote:Practically speaking, pop-culture is here defined as someone else's popular intellectual property.

I prefer this definition...

"Popular culture (commonly known as pop culture) is the totality of ideas, perspectives, attitudes, memes, images and other phenomena that are deemed preferred per an informal consensus within the mainstream of a given culture, especially Western culture of the early to mid 20th century and the emerging global mainstream of the late 20th and early 21st century. Heavily influenced by mass media, this collection of ideas permeates the everyday lives of the society."

captainassassin

Re: Sacrifice

Wow. This is a really beautifully rendered design. The hand-drawn & shaded style is very endearing, and the used of the warmer colors really give shape and intensity to the overall composition.

My only complaint is the design doesn't seem like it was made to go on a t-shirt.

Narfcake

quality posts: 287 Private Messages Narfcake
captainassassin wrote:... And the only thing "generic" about ninjas is how overused they are. ...

I take it that you've flagged ALL the entries that have bunnies, penguins, a snowman, snow, and trees too, then? They're all "overused" this week, y'know ...

As I see it, the pop culture aspect in context here is when it's based on someone else's intellectual property as a reference.

Staff is bound to show up sooner or later to say what's right and wrong, so no more arguing, 'k?

captainassassin

Re: Solstice

Excellent use of color and halftones. This design really shows how to emphasize a THEME. It also fits really well on the t-shirt template. Great collaborative work.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
Re: The Final melt Down

No text.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

captainassassin

Re: Spring in Winter

I really like this concept, the graphical style with halftones. However the shape/size of the tree doesn't fit well on the t-shirt. Perhaps making the tree shorter and wider, then move it up higher would help.

That aside, the stand-alone design is very solid. Nice work.

captainassassin

Re: A warm winter

Put this on a pastel-colored sweatshirt, and a million mother's would own it. I think the design is a little too big for the shirt.

Its a guaranteed Hallmark holiday card, for sure. Nice work.

littlebirdbear

quality posts: 0 Private Messages littlebirdbear
Re: Tangled Lights

I wish my tangled lights were that pretty.

captainassassin

Narfcake wrote:I take it that you've flagged ALL the entries that have bunnies, penguins, a snowman, snow, and trees too, then? They're all "overused" this week, y'know ...

No, because (1) they are actually RELEVENT to the context of the derby, and (2) they aren't pop culture.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
Re: A Winter Chill

Reminds me of Aeon Flux. Great lines.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.