aramis525

quality posts: 8 Private Messages aramis525
bluesplot wrote:
I bought the first one for my 6 year old but it was a little snug so his younger brother took it. My oldest was NOT happy!!! So I've had to promise that if this shirt wins I will buy each of them one in a big enough size! And one for me, of course!

You can still buy the original here. It is by far my favorite woot shirt.

PS I think this might bump that one

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 36 Private Messages omarfeliciano
Re: Vivaldi Winter 2.0

Sir, You are very dedicated! You actually submitted the revision. Nice work.

jmf1081

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jmf1081
ChuckleNorris wrote:It's refreshing to see penguins in a realistic stlye. +1

Yes, I really like the realistic penguin apparel. It looks like the stuff they wear in the wild.

Shirt is funny and I voted.

aramis525

quality posts: 8 Private Messages aramis525
Re: Look Up

The more I see this shirt, the more I wanna own it. Great job, Omar!!

jmf1081

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jmf1081
Re: Snowpenguin

It's the penguins' heads. They just look weird.

zippybluedwarf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zippybluedwarf
Re: Vivaldi Winter 2.0

I really hope it makes it! This is fantastic!

omarfeliciano

aramis525 wrote:The more I see this shirt, the more I wanna own it. Great job, Omar!!

The more you like it, the happier I am. Hope we can all purchase it this weekend!

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Nose Thief

That is one cutie bunny! Great movement and lovely soft snow color schemes - nice one Spiritgreen!

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 225 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Nose Thief

I sincerely appreciate all the feedback & support. Thanks everyone!

I don't know what my chances are, it's a super competitive week, but I'm grateful to still be in the mix.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 233 Private Messages kylemittskus

I thought it was decided a long while ago that music notes (especially when real) are text... are we going back to the old ways where some people just don't have to follow the derby rules?

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

kylemittskus

quality posts: 233 Private Messages kylemittskus

I thought it was decided a long while ago that music notes (especially when real) are text... are we going back to the old ways where some people just don't have to follow the derby rules?

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

ramyb

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb
kylemittskus wrote:I thought it was decided a long while ago that music notes (especially when real) are text... are we going back to the old ways where some people just don't have to follow the derby rules?

I do believe it was actually decided that music is not considered text, considering they had a no text music derby.

fabgab

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fabgab
inkycatz wrote:Leave no marshmallow behind.

Exactly. :D

I am so sad more people aren't voting on this. I NEED THIS SHIRT. VOTE NOWWWWWW.

xpenguin

quality posts: 6 Private Messages xpenguin
Re: Huddle in a flurry

Well done! I love it!

hankmahgirk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hankmahgirk
Re: Snowflakes at night V2

fantastic!

dinska

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dinska
dsbradley wrote:Why is the paintbrush handle in the paint?

And damage the bristles? [face_aghast]

tleeri

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tleeri
lonelypond wrote:fun...starting to look at dragon art for the upcoming year as well, This is a good start ; )

Thanks! Gotta prepare for the dragon year =)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

asher0716

quality posts: 1 Private Messages asher0716
Re: Vivaldi's Winter

Come on, people, the resub is up. Take your vote off this old one and put it on the 2.0. Imagine, adding these 500 votes to the now 250+ votes on the resub, it would easily be in the fog right now.

freeimagination

quality posts: 0 Private Messages freeimagination
jess19855 wrote:so, not a huge fan of this on a shirt...just not my style, nothing personal, but....do you happen do have a webcomic!? I love the way she is drawn and would LOVE to see this style in the form of some online graphic novel!

All I do is the coloring, my brother is the one that drew this. He doesn't do webcomics that I know of but I don't think he knows about them. I will have to pass on the info. Thank you!

Spotsmom

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Spotsmom
CrescentDebris wrote:Drakxxx- Idea and Concept Drawing
CrescentDebris - Revision to Concept
Drakxxx - Drew Final Lines
CrescentDebris - Colors and Tweaks
-----------------------

This is the final image. I edited a few lines. The ice she was leaning on is gone and I messed with the snow a bit because while coloring it seemed a bit too much like clouds.

There you have it. Thanks for looking.

GORGEOUS work! I want three!

lonelypond

quality posts: 461 Private Messages lonelypond
Re: Pines at winter are so delicious

cute; nice use of a slightly warmer color

Like Poe? Of course you do, you're here ; ) Try my new mystery novel:

lonelypond

Re: Whose Woods These Are I Think I Know

nicely evocative of the mood of the Frost poem

lonelypond

Re: Learning the Basics

ha! excellent.

lonelypond

Re: Let It Snow

optimism + charm

m99th

quality posts: 0 Private Messages m99th
thebetabear wrote:Ah shirt.woot. A place where artists can express their talent and love for placing thoughts into a picture that people can enjoy. People make the decisions here, which really is great because deserving designs people actually want get printed. And, people can submit their own designs if they'd like, or just think there aren't any shirts that are up to their standards. Users can comment on designs, vote for designs, and talk to others about designs.

You can even start troll wars if you'd like, as evidenced by, well, all these commentors above me who have contributed nothing useful for the other users of the site, who insist on trashing certain designs, and find joy in waiting to see the radical outcry of the other users for their own personal enjoyment.

This design wins. If it were just trying to cash in, there'd be more designs of it all the time and the artist would probably not be submitting it for voting, but instead have their own shirt line and website, with dozens of the same idea slightly altered for sale on there, not woot. If it were considered pop culture, it would have been rejected long ago. You don't work for woot, and only their oppinion matters on this subject. If the idea wasn't original and lacked any good qualities for a shirt design, there wouldn't be this much support for a print, the second time around, and the original would have been reckoned after a short few weeks.

Good luck, there's tough competition out there, don't worry about the critics and control what you can control. That being said, you've got my vote.

I like you, you're fun....just sayin'....

Anywho....This is a great shirt. I love the facial expressions. I will be buying this one as soon as it gets printed! GMV!

aalpacas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aalpacas

Thanks for the votes and compliments everyone! I'll keep submitting and bringing my best to the derby!

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Snowcats

Gosh, moved up 2 places and more awesome comments. This reaction was really unexpected! I so thought it might be an 'eye of the beholder' type of design, since I know the cats;) (then again, looks like a lot of you know them!)
Thanks so much everyone!

(And if it ever prints elsewhere, I'll try to post it here, though I wonder if people will catch it... there's gotta be a better method, hmmm.)

@melfox - I did think maybe that could be it too... maybe half siblings. They are sooo different, in both looks and temperament! Thanks=)

adrianpearce

quality posts: 0 Private Messages adrianpearce

This'd be another instant triple-buy from me. I'm loving all the ninja shirts for me to wear to Bujinkan training recently.

normadelc

quality posts: 2 Private Messages normadelc
Re: Ski Bunny

I want this in a hoodie for when I go out skiing....

usopp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages usopp
Re: Season Series: Winter

i love this. too bad it was a late submition

paaiyan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages paaiyan
jwyczalek wrote:Hey, and if you ware this shirt in negative zero degrees it will keep you warm!

I'm going to completely ignore the rule violations.

Negative zero degrees? Really?

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
Re: Snowpenguin

I REEEally like your Vivaldi shirt. I wish it was fogging instead of this.

missmissa07

quality posts: 12 Private Messages missmissa07
Re: Spring in Winter

This is one of the only shirts I would have bought from this derby, and now it fell out of the fog.

Fujiko

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Fujiko

Very impressive... I was on the fence about the first one. I think I may now need both.

omarfeliciano

Re: Look Up

This derby will finish in a couple of ours and I just wanted to wish everyone good luck! It's been a very fun derby!

omarfeliciano

Re: Making Friends

This derby will finish in a couple of ours and I just wanted to wish everyone good luck! It's been a very fun derby!

omarfeliciano

Re: Solstice

omarfeliciano

Re: Huddle in a flurry

omarfeliciano

Re: Marching Break