piwerx

quality posts: 1 Private Messages piwerx
aspherical wrote:Keep trying. Clearly, you're motivated, and you've got some talent. Just go for something less obscure next time.

Too kind, ty.
I guess I'm more competitive than I thought. Maybe why I took rejection personal.

piwerx

ochopika wrote:Have you looked at the "artist resources" section of the community forums? There is a lot of really helpful stuff in there for people new to woot.

I'll say that cute stuff is popular (obviously), but you can still win with something really artsy if it's done well.

Check out shirtwhat.com and look at other artists' work. You can see what works and what doesn't. I know that was the most helpful thing for me when I first started here.

Good Luck

Thank you very much for encouragement. Your designs are top-notch by the by. I have spent hours looking at past designs, some very cool stuff in there.

The "artists resources" section has been very helpful, that's where I've read about simplifying the basic elements, "plus-ing" the joke, and other tips. Good stuff for beginners.

piwerx

zaydabarros wrote:To be honest with you, it was immediately obvious to me that the mouse ate the moon. Anyway, I was just pointing out that the mouse design does fit in the Derby and there was no need for you to say it didn't. Not saying that yours doesn't, it obviously does but for some reason I guess they don't want you to have to explain the design? I don't know. Your design is nice and I expect to see more from you in the future.

After my being persnickety about the mouse, it was nice of you to say this. Thanks.

I hope to enter more, I sure seem to enjoy woot and the unique community here.

I love the cute designs and jokes, I'm just not sure I could wear them, so I have to practice thinking "cute". It is challenging for me, and others make it seem so effortless, thus the jealousy.

I'll keep trying, thanks again.

thatrobert

quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert
Re: Coffee Hangover

• Congratulations on winning a Best Loser Award!
  • This is not SPAM.
  • Winning a BLA does NOT mean this shirt won't print -- I'm hoping it does.
  • Your one and only gift is this crappy little badge in your shirt thread. Enjoy.
  • A wonderful mixture of grace and emotion and growing pains.

thatrobert

Re: Midnight secret snack

• This is not SPAM.
  • Your one and only gift is this crappy little badge in your shirt thread. Enjoy.

thatrobert

Re: That Bloated Feeling

• This is not SPAM.

ApeLad

quality posts: 37 Private Messages ApeLad
ginmartinistirred wrote:Is this in any way a reference to "The Little Prince"?

Yes, he has an elephant on his head.

thatrobert

Re: Cloud Candy

• This is not SPAM.

thatrobert

Re: Jabba the Fluff

• This is not SPAM.

elmosuperman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elmosuperman
Re: Post-Rampage Stomach Ache

This is hilarious! Great design.

papayaportals

quality posts: 1 Private Messages papayaportals
Re: So clooose

IT'S SO FLUFFY!!
I would have to get one for my cat, who isn't the supermodel of the litter.

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Too Many Scoops

I had a similar idea in my list of potential designs this derby, but didn't have time to do more than one...couldn't have compared to yours - looks great!

lucky1988

quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988
Re: It's all gouda...

Thanks Fuzzypaws and showmanzz!

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 206 Private Messages Spiritgreen

You have combined Woot's two favorite things with style and hilarity. Surely a winner!

aceon0

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aceon0

The little stick guys running away are awesome. My kids love this one - sure hope it prints!

Cantatus

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Cantatus

I have to say, not many shirts on this site get a laugh out of me, but this one certainly did!

TonyGreyfox

quality posts: 3 Private Messages TonyGreyfox
Re: Snack Attack (RESUB)

This is so incredibly, very, horribly wrong.

GMV.

ochopika

quality posts: 25 Private Messages ochopika
Re: Cake Topper

I voted a while ago, but I JUST now thought to ask you this: Is it CHEESE cake??? Hah!

*Get it? 'Cuz mice like cheese...so they'd like cheesecake...this is why I'm not funny in person...*

eskimohno

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eskimohno
Re: A wild night

I really hope this shirt wins!

Adelas

quality posts: 11 Private Messages Adelas
Re: Upset, Upset Stomach

I would never wear this, but it is absolutely hilarious.

Adelas

Re: Wrong Wyrm V-2

I actually liked the original colors better; wish we could have seen it on another, lighter shirt color - you might not have liked it, but I think it might have gotten more votes none the less.

Adelas

msj11 wrote:I hate snakes!

Made me LOL GMV!

Adelas

Re: Link's Loot

Clever idea - I like it!

ochopika

laggyg wrote: Kinda reminds me of the Spaceship in Heavy Metal...

Lol! Cannot unsee...(one of mah favorite movies, btw) but still love the design, Midgerock

dracokitty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dracokitty
Adelas wrote:I actually liked the original colors better; wish we could have seen it on another, lighter shirt color - you might not have liked it, but I think it might have gotten more votes none the less.

I tried all the shirt colors and the lighter the shirt the worse it looked.

aramis525

quality posts: 8 Private Messages aramis525
Re: The Overdose

This and Backlog are the only two shirts in this derby I would have bought. I guess I'm waiting for next week.

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko

disturbed0ne

quality posts: 9 Private Messages disturbed0ne
Re: Upset, Upset Stomach

My girlfriend has the one with the Hippos at a watering hole. This seems like a natural progression. GMV.

travisk02

quality posts: 4 Private Messages travisk02
Re: It's all gouda...

"If the moon was made of cheese... would ya eat it?"

nice shirt

"Expect to get shot down often and hard." -- teh Great TT

ochopika

Cantatus wrote:I have to say, not many shirts on this site get a laugh out of me, but this one certainly did!

Thanks and thanks ThatRobert and Spiritgreen, y'all are too kind!

yankeebird

quality posts: 7 Private Messages yankeebird
piwerx wrote:After my being persnickety about the mouse, it was nice of you to say this. Thanks.

I love the cute designs and jokes, I'm just not sure I could wear them, so I have to practice thinking "cute". It is challenging for me, and others make it seem so effortless, thus the jealousy.

Woot has done its share of cute (probably more than its share), but it has done plenty of non-cute as well. I don't think drakxxx's artwork(first artist that came to mind) would qualify as cute, but he's had 17 derby prints, a couple double-take prints, and 8 fourth place finishes. It's a matter of finding your niche. And not going too abstract, which is what I think your problem was here.

bluetuba

quality posts: 56 Private Messages bluetuba
yankeebird wrote:Woot has done its share of cute (probably more than its share), but it has done plenty of non-cute as well. I don't think drakxxx's artwork(first artist that came to mind) would qualify as cute, but he's had 17 derby prints, a couple double-take prints, and 8 fourth place finishes. It's a matter of finding your niche. And not going too abstract, which is what I think your problem was here.

Yes, for the love of Pete we don't need good new artists leaving or thinking they have to start drawing anime bunnies just to win around here. I realize that it may look like you need to do cute to really cash in, but sometimes other stuff does win. It's what keeps people like me around, the occasional bone thrown my way.

AlexIAm

quality posts: 2 Private Messages AlexIAm
Re: a taste for adventure

Literally LOLd at this one... awesome.

>insert funny quote here<

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 33 Private Messages omarfeliciano
Re: Too Many Scoops

Yeap, I'll buy this tomorrow morning ;)

ozwookiee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ozwookiee

Hahaha classic. Reminds me of my mother-in-law's old cat ^_^

banjokilcup

quality posts: 0 Private Messages banjokilcup
Re: The Slow and the Furious (resub)

This is beautiful! While I'm not even a big fan of the movies, I love what you did here. Got my vote!

zaydabarros

quality posts: 3 Private Messages zaydabarros
piwerx wrote:After my being persnickety about the mouse, it was nice of you to say this. Thanks.

I'm nice, What can I say? haha jk. I do love the community as well, I am not a designer but it is so much fun seeing what people come up with. Don't feel like you have to do "cute", I know it seems like the big thing here but sometimes other stuff wins and it sells just as good. Keep designing for the love of it and not thinking of what people would buy and I'm sure you'll come up with something great that is still true to yourself. Do you have anything for this week's Derby?

turtlesprague

quality posts: 0 Private Messages turtlesprague
Re: monkey bird

This one should be resubmitted for the Motivation derby happening right now

katheaus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages katheaus
Blooki wrote:This is my favorite in entry in this week's derby thusfar, but I can't help but feel that a placement other than center would've been better.

I agree. Love the shirt, but really wish it was off-center. I'd buy if off, not so sure on centered placement. I'd love to see more of strong vertical designs, but place them off center, please!

redaxelrod

quality posts: 0 Private Messages redaxelrod
Re: No smoking in Wonderland

Any plans to sell this shirt elsewhere? I really want one!