Lomky

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lomky

This shirt feels a bit off. It seems more like a non-techy view of the technical world. It has at least three different technical jobs mashed into one. If there's one thing I hate as a programmer, it's being asked to do technical support.

It is a lovely shirt, don't get me wrong, but it leaves me yearning for distinct remakes for IT and programming, with proper heraldry.

chellemonkey

quality posts: 5 Private Messages chellemonkey

You all must not work with eclipse then...I am constantly trying to refresh my projects, then either restarting eclipse or rebooting my pc, and if all else fails I reinstall the project...
Unfortunately I forget to try these things first and usually only stumble upon it as I give up. It sure fixes some wonky issues.

a3wills

quality posts: 2 Private Messages a3wills
bpeterson82 wrote:Prolly mention here already...but LOVE the Linux nod on the mug!

Is that really a Linux nod or just the obligatory penguin on a Woot shirt?

Sillybowtie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sillybowtie
dancingphoenix592 wrote:Dammit, where was this shirt when I was Christmas shopping for my boyfriend?!?!?

There is always Winter-een-mas the holiday for gamer's during the last week in January!

threemoons

quality posts: 18 Private Messages threemoons

o hai i haz a shirt now kthxbye

Admoseremic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Admoseremic

In for one. Had to get it quickly before all the extra large ones were gone!

princesspraline

quality posts: 1 Private Messages princesspraline

I have in fact developed into a technical writer over the years, so the semi colon is a nice touch for this Pascal programmer from another time.... another place...

princesspraline

quality posts: 1 Private Messages princesspraline
Lomky wrote:This shirt feels a bit off. It seems more like a non-techy view of the technical world. It has at least three different technical jobs mashed into one. If there's one thing I hate as a programmer, it's being asked to do technical support.

It is a lovely shirt, don't get me wrong, but it leaves me yearning for distinct remakes for IT and programming, with proper heraldry.

That's how it is though. If you know how to say C++, you must know how to work all the features documented and otherwise on a Kodak easy share camera. Can't change legend and lore.

turbinator42

quality posts: 1 Private Messages turbinator42

Code Monkey? After 30+ years as a professional bit-wrangler, I think I'm more of a Code Silverback.

RobAtSGH

quality posts: 2 Private Messages RobAtSGH
a3wills wrote:Is that really a Linux nod or just the obligatory penguin on a Woot shirt?

Nah, that's Tux.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 217 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Immediately emailed my code monkey friend about this sucker.

I am an ex-code monkey. Now an art monkey. JoCo doesn't write songs about us. :-(

sawhite79

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sawhite79

In for two, one of which I'm going to throw at JoCo when he's on stage this year at PAX East.

eholling

quality posts: 10 Private Messages eholling

For all the relatives, coworkers, friends that ask for tech support, this is my usual go to.

http://xkcd.com/627/

Course explaining how to read a flow chart is almost not worth it.

If only there had been an XKCD nod on this shirt, might have been enough for me to get it.

Bouts of Consternation:
8/17/11; 9/14/11; 10/12/11; 11/09/11, 12/06/11; 4/26/12

And right now.

Homncruse

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Homncruse
Admoseremic wrote:In for one. Had to get it quickly before all the extra large ones were gone!

Now THAT's a code monkey stereotype (said the code monkey who comfortably wears mediums).

"No name, no order, no art, no limit... Such are the Paths of Mystery."

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
sawhite79 wrote:In for two, one of which I'm going to throw at JoCo when he's on stage this year at PAX East.

This thread needed some musical interlude.

I'm just hanging out, really.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
Spiritgreen wrote:Immediately emailed my code monkey friend about this sucker.

I am an ex-code monkey. Now an art monkey. JoCo doesn't write songs about us. :-(

Someone write Spiritgreen a song please. (Personally I am glad you are an art monkey - your shirts are great!)

I'm just hanging out, really.

glibdud

quality posts: 2 Private Messages glibdud
eholling wrote:For all the relatives, coworkers, friends that ask for tech support, this is my usual go to.

http://xkcd.com/627/

Course explaining how to read a flow chart is almost not worth it.

http://xkcd.com/518/

zarchasmpgmr

quality posts: 1 Private Messages zarchasmpgmr

Mainframe code monkey buy one to point out why mainframes are better.

And SQL jockeys are pretty much of the same ilk:

http://xkcd.com/327/

Kickin' it old school as a system tools developer for IBM mainframes.

zarchasmpgmr

quality posts: 1 Private Messages zarchasmpgmr
turbinator42 wrote:Code Monkey? After 30+ years as a professional bit-wrangler, I think I'm more of a Code Silverback.

*joins turbinator42 in corner pointing at young whippersnappers and trading war stories about days when programming was an art*

Kickin' it old school as a system tools developer for IBM mainframes.

ochopika

quality posts: 28 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

I really love this shirt, even though my wearing it would be a lie. The monkeys are definitely my favorite part, and the color scheme.

The most "coding" I've ever done was when I accidentally deleted the entire contents of my Mac via terminal. I was trying to run a mod for Minecraft. The only positive outcome was my computer did run a lot faster after that.

Narfcake

quality posts: 288 Private Messages Narfcake
inkycatz wrote:Someone write Spiritgreen a song please. (Personally I am glad you are an art monkey - your shirts are great!)

Pathological programs! cried the terrified ex-code monkey
Every answer seems to lead me back to pi
I hate the brackets and the commas
The gazillion library sets
Too many subroutines just makes me wanna cry
Twenty thousand leagues under, an octopus squirt its ink
On a warm August morning, the artist known as Spiritgreen was born

ruesta14

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ruesta14

I like that they snuck the Linux in there.

billysug

quality posts: 0 Private Messages billysug
Lomky wrote:This shirt feels a bit off. It seems more like a non-techy view of the technical world. It has at least three different technical jobs mashed into one. If there's one thing I hate as a programmer, it's being asked to do technical support.

I agree! I would love one with references to xcode, os x, etc. Another one for Visual Studio/windoze!

billysug

quality posts: 0 Private Messages billysug
billysug wrote:I agree! I would love one with references to xcode, os x, etc. Another one for Visual Studio/windoze!

But I did love this one and bought it. This may be my second favorite shirt behind "Nobody's perfect". I will be telling all my coder friends about this one!

Great job!

ddamani

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ddamani

Loved the design! Bought one for myself. Code ON \m/

jloveland

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jloveland

Bought one, and convinced two other developers in my department to buy one each. We can all wear them at the same time, and look really cool. Right? That's cool, right?

wullger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wullger

Love this.

We borrowed a wide-format printer in our Engineering department to blow it up to about 30 inches wide, and have now hung it on the third floor of City Hall as you enter our IT area.

(The monkeys have taken over City Hall!)

lucky1988

quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988

Congrats Ian, another remarkable design!

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fishbiscuit5

Congrats on the print, Ian!

amyscooper

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amyscooper

I LOVE this shirt. LOVE it! I bought two. And if I could have gotten other gear with the design, I would have! Perfect combo of medieval and geek for this tech support girl :-)

Hengehog

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Hengehog
wullger wrote:Love this.

We borrowed a wide-format printer in our Engineering department to blow it up to about 30 inches wide, and have now hung it on the third floor of City Hall as you enter our IT area.

(The monkeys have taken over City Hall!)

Can you post the high resolution image you used here so others can do something similar?

wullger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wullger
Hengehog wrote:Can you post the high resolution image you used here so others can do something similar?

That'd be something I only do with the shirt creator's permission.

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 128 Private Messages DianaSprinkle

First Day Sales: 3418

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

Last wooter to woot: Physlics
Last purchase time: Wednesday, December 28, 2011, 11:58:31 PM Central Time
Order pace: 0m 25.296s
Woot wage: $2,502.59
Woots sold: 3412

Last wooter to woot: MrDaBomb
Last purchase time: Wednesday, December 28, 2011, 11:59:59 PM Central Time
Order pace: 0m 25.307s
Woot wage: $3,750.04
Woots sold: 3414

Last wooter to woot: MrDaBomb
Last purchase time: Wednesday, December 28, 2011, 11:59:59 PM Central Time
Order pace: 0m 25.285s
Woot wage: $3,750.04
Woots sold: 3417

Last wooter to woot: mjolnir1148
Last purchase time: Thursday, December 29, 2011, 12:05:31 AM Central Time
Order pace: 0m 25.367s
Woot wage: $3,735.70
Woots sold: 3419

MrDaBomb came in at 11:59:59 for three but was there another sale at the same time?

First day 3417 or 3418

traewatkins

quality posts: 3 Private Messages traewatkins
j5 wrote:our coders get upset when I call them code-monkeys.

Heh I call myself a code monkey ... have for years and years :P

zensequential

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zensequential

it pleases the webmaster in me. Funny that I ordered this shortly after I read this Foxtrot strip: http://www.foxtrot.com/2011/10/10022011/

chabala

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chabala

Has anyone else noticed that the design on this shirt is crooked?

I think mine is off by about five degrees. I asked for a replacement and it's the same way, so I assume it's the whole run, at least in size XL. YMMV.

DennisWKam

quality posts: 22 Private Messages DennisWKam

Staff

chabala wrote:Has anyone else noticed that the design on this shirt is crooked?

I think mine is off by about five degrees. I asked for a replacement and it's the same way, so I assume it's the whole run, at least in size XL. YMMV.

Weird, can you send us a picture of both prints? We'll try to get this straightened out. Maybe the third time's a charm.

bmscurlock

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bmscurlock

I just got my shirt. I love it!! I got lots of compliments too. Great job!

bmscurlock

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bmscurlock
DennisWKam wrote:Weird, can you send us a picture of both prints? We'll try to get this straightened out. Maybe the third time's a charm.

I got mine in a women's XL and the placement was fine.