chefjim

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chefjim
WierdBMD wrote:Check again, this has been resubmitted without the shadow. Go now and vote for that one.

Voted for that one, too! I do so hope to see this make it to material. I have told my students with Woot accounts to follow suit and cast their votes for you. Good luck!

thatrobert

quality posts: 28 Private Messages thatrobert
Re: Waiting for Motivation

Thanks all for the nice comments and keeping this in the fog over the weekend. BTW, it doesn't work as a maze -- I'm pretty sure it'd actually be too easy since there is plenty of gaps.

rawrrbunneh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rawrrbunneh
expo01 wrote:Music motivates me in many ways all day everyday, 5 colors on black , hope you like it , thanks and happy new year to all. (o;

Loving this. Is it inspired by actual audio?

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
theoholdt wrote:I don't think getting metta is a good way to get votes but I thought it was funny.

Not a prayer, here. But I do love the art. And it's 'meta'. Unless I'm missing something.

paigeg

bairdmandust wrote:Martin conquers his fear of monsters while simultaneously fulfilling his need for speed.

This is such a wonderful, whimsical take on the theme. I wish there was a bit more polish to sell it. The concept is freakin' nice! And I love that dragon-monster. He's dragon/oni looking. Nice one. I look forward to seeing more from you, maybe with less solid color. Look in the Community for tutorials on halftones.

paigeg

bassanimation wrote:This is gorgeous, helgram! Just an amazing, dream-like image. If may offer a slight critique, I feel the street lamp might be a tad overbearing on the image itself. The girl is so pretty and interesting to look at, it would have nice to see her a bit bigger, and minimize the lamp just a tad. Very minor issues, and this image is still wonderful. +1!!! Awesome work.

Agreed. Or halftone it to recede it into the background. It does overtake the focus. As an avid reader, though, I love the idea, and the colors are SO me!

paigeg

Re: NOT THIS PIG!

Good heavens, I'm not crazy. Well, not insofar as my vote for this. I really did do it. I did! Honest!
OK, vote part deux.

shaelyn

quality posts: 2 Private Messages shaelyn
Re: The Birthplace of Inspiration

I'm with the people that wish this wasn't on a black shirt (I'm trying to add a lot of color to my wardrobe and ditch what black shirts I do have)...but I think this design *needed* a black backdrop. blue would have killed its effectiveness.

otherwise, I really love this design. I love the flow, I love the colors used in the design (that's not a remark on the color of the shirt), and I love the concept (and I think the concept is more than suitable for the theme.)

ochopika

quality posts: 28 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

lol! It's okay, it works well for your design too...can't really think of a better name.

rockymike

quality posts: 16 Private Messages rockymike
endangeredomega wrote:Disappointed to see this slip from the fog. It's clean, clever, and clearly on-theme, which unfortunately means it likely won't stand a chance around here.

Agreed. This has been my favorite entry in this derby.

Yeah, so there's that...

Calexico

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Calexico
Re: Slim Hopes

Haha this is hilarious. Great job. It's a shame it fell from the fog.

midgerock

quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock
paigeg wrote:Good heavens, I'm not crazy. Well, not insofar as my vote for this. I really did do it. I did! Honest!
OK, vote part deux.

sorry paige. I had to take down the first one due to the detail image having text since my wife uploaded the comp file for both images.

you're not crazy... about the vote that is. ;)

rockymike

quality posts: 16 Private Messages rockymike
piwerx wrote:piWerx hears the M.A.S.H. theme while viewing this design, and imagines an entire series of shirts: cocktail glasses, martini glasses, among other beverage dispensing containers.

Upon seeing this, my wife did say "you should put C*O*F*F*E*E across the bottom." A great idea, but would violate both contest rules.

Yeah, so there's that...

gamingguru05

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gamingguru05
Re: Persistence

I'm not really sold on this being persistence or motivation. It's more just an aspect of life. You wouldn't consider a child being pushed from a womb as motivation/persistence or a tadpole growing into frog. I like the artwork though, quite well drawn.

mebamba

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mebamba

like it. will buy. please print.

MroosaurusRex

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MroosaurusRex
ochopika wrote:I did originally put them on all feet, but then I was like..."how would he hold the coffee mug?". I dunno maybe it would have been good that way too.

I kind of wish he had the slippers on all feet too, and maybe he was reaching for the coffee by stretching his neck? I'm not sure how he'd drink it, but maybe that's just part of his morning slowness Still, it's cute as is.

allenalb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages allenalb
Re: I want to fly

absolutely perfect!

irina200200

quality posts: 0 Private Messages irina200200
rockymike wrote:Upon seeing this, my wife did say "you should put C*O*F*F*E*E across the bottom." A great idea, but would violate both contest rules.

The mods have stated "numbers and symbols" violate the rules, so I'm surprised the big red plus symbol hasn't gotten this 86'd.

mhatter106

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mhatter106
ghostglide wrote:I'm sorry, but this has nothing to do with the theme. If someone saw it randomly on the street, "motivation" would be the last thing that would come to their mind. Don't get me wrong, I think it looks cool, but as you yourself said, it's "just random scribbles".

I'd have to agree here. While I think it's cool, the only connection it has with "Motivation" is that there's "No motivation"... Which is kind of not "Motivation".

Nice design though, although I wonder a bit how it would look on a shirt for every wear.

vaiv

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vaiv

thank you all. I appreciate the comments.

drtranqwert1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drtranqwert1
Re: Jump For It

I WOULD LOVE to own this shirt. If this is made into a shirt of the day then I will buy it and then I can look smart and deeper than I really am to people! :D

Justin Castie

andystans

quality posts: 0 Private Messages andystans
Re: Slow Morning

I like that he's only got the two slippers. It makes it look like he should be walking upright but he's just too tired to manage... Yawn...

EternalSecrets

quality posts: 0 Private Messages EternalSecrets

I don't normally comment on...well...anything, ever. I'm a lurker, not a poster. However I felt the need to comment now.

This shirt is amazing! I must admit I was incredibly surprised when I saw the name of the artist after gawking at the shirt design for five minutes. That is not to say there is anything wrong with your other designs, I am just used to seeing very cutesy work (which I do usually enjoy as well).

I am an amateur artist and I have been trying to work on a piece similar to this, but am constantly unhappy with the result. I understand this shirt is how inspiration motivates YOU, however you hit the nail on the head for ME as well. The colors, the neuron structures, the birds, the fish, the design as a whole.

All I can say is WOW! You definitely have my vote. I will be very disappointed if I am unable to purchase multiple of these.

Great work, Ramyb!

paigeg

amen87 wrote:I almost wish she didn't have freckles. Just because I've never been a fan. But other than that this design is amazing! I love the intricacy and almost somber look to it. Very nice!

A shame you're not a fan of mine and haven't ever met me. Sheesh, what's wrong with freckles?

Chump, DUDE! This is beautiful. My very first thought was this was the Shin'a'in Star-eyed goddess. Whether that played into it or not, this is just lovely.

paigeg

vaiv wrote:what other derby was this in? I remember it but cant place where it was.

None, that I can see. Unless it was up on another site (which of course could be a problem and is unlikely), maybe you're thinking of this by theinfinityloop?

paigeg

Re: Hic Sunt Dracones

This messes with my brain so much! I keep playing 'find the dragon' in the layout and topography of the continents. Wierd and cool.

paigeg

Lol! And about the 'under the bus' comment: At least you made up for it with the Daisy.

paigeg

Re: Neener Neener Neener

Well, this gave me a nice 'good morning' Lol! Good way to start the day. GMV!

paigeg

Re: Making the Summit

This is just beautiful. Definitely voted.

paigeg

penthus wrote:Little does this guy know, that bacon is actually vegetarian fake-on.

Boo-hiss!

But:

Recently tried chocolate-covered bacon, and it was everything I hoped it would be. ;)

Yay!

Naolito

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Naolito
Re: I want to fly

I need this!

paigeg

vaiv wrote:similar to

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=52159

Funny, I was thinking of the movie, not the shirt, when I made that comment. I think the two are totally different. Same idea, different execution.

xninjagrrl

quality posts: 7 Private Messages xninjagrrl
xninjagrrl wrote:At first I thought it was a ninja turtle, so I had to look. Turns out it was MUCH cooler.

Ahh no longer in the fog? So not fair.

Pros: The pills were there.
Cons: So was the tank.

paigeg

capedcrusader514 wrote:For the record - my intent was that it's a stuffed animal that he was practicing with.

Kindof a strange idea, but that tortoise is way too cool for me to argue with.

paigeg

bluetuba wrote:Also, the shorts/socks/headband are HILARIOUS! ;)

And yet, he seems to be in his stocking feet. Odd. The rest is so detailed, I kinda miss the shoes.

merlindylan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages merlindylan
Re: Sit, Zombie Dog, Sit (resub)

I resubmitted this because the thumbnails got warped the first time.

SPEED LIMIT C

cruelnv

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cruelnv

Well done. Whenever you do designs that are more attune to this style (which happens more often than people seem to usually acknowledge), they are my favorites of yours... even though I generally like the "cute" ones too.

This shirt is absolutely fantastic as far as I'm concerned. I was supposed to not purchase any woot shirts for the month of January - I don't see that happening now. Excellent job.

Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any other user(s). Please keep in mind that these are only opinions and should not be inherently considered as factual statements. Thank you.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
bassanimation wrote:This is gorgeous, helgram! Just an amazing, dream-like image. If may offer a slight critique, I feel the street lamp might be a tad overbearing on the image itself. The girl is so pretty and interesting to look at, it would have nice to see her a bit bigger, and minimize the lamp just a tad. Very minor issues, and this image is still wonderful. +1!!! Awesome work.

Oh! It's a street lamp...I thought it was a reference to Saint Nicholas.

Lovely work Helgram.

move along

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
irina200200 wrote:The mods have stated "numbers and symbols" violate the rules, so I'm surprised the big red plus symbol hasn't gotten this 86'd.

It's the red cross symbol, not a plus sign.

move along