WootBot


quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Alphabeasts

Speed to First Woot:
1m 58.000s
First Sucker:
calebmitchell
Last Wooter to Woot:
susiejchan
Last Purchase:
4 months ago
Order Pace (rank):
Bottom 48% of Shirt Woots
Top 23% of all Woots
Woots Sold:
1380

Purchaser Experience

  • 0% first woot
  • 90% second woot
  • 10% < 10 woots
  • 0% < 25 woots
  • 0% ≥ 25 woots

Purchaser Seniority

  • 3% joined today
  • 1% one week old
  • 3% one month old
  • 26% one year old
  • 66% > one year old

Quantity Breakdown

  • 90% bought 1
  • 8% bought 2
  • 2% bought 3 or more

Percentage of Sales Per Hour

10%
4%
3%
1%
1%
2%
4%
7%
8%
7%
5%
5%
5%
4%
3%
4%
3%
3%
3%
3%
4%
4%
4%
2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Percentage of Sales Per Day

2%
91%
3%
1%
1%
1%
1%
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting





Quality Posts



tsero4


quality posts: 6 Private Messages tsero4

The T looks like a male reproductive organ....

burningphoenix


quality posts: 3 Private Messages burningphoenix

Thank you, shirt.woot for giving me the guide to the Alhabeasts in the writeup!

calebmitchell


quality posts: 64 Private Messages calebmitchell

Oh my Lawd. I have never bought anything off Woot so fast in my life! Where has this shirt been all my life?!

jbhswim


quality posts: 31 Private Messages jbhswim

The concept sort of reminds me of the Shakespeare A-Z shirt that was offered up quite a while ago. I like the concept of the alphabet on a shirt though. Just like Kindergarten!

bluejester


quality posts: 560 Private Messages bluejester

As always, I would like to issue my special warning to the female population of woot:

Please take into account the amount of chest staring the purchase of such a shirt is liable to bring.

bluejester


quality posts: 560 Private Messages bluejester

I love the concept, I just wish that I could have the "key" printed on the back for those who wouldn't get it.

bakbam


quality posts: 3 Private Messages bakbam

Thank you! My first shirt purchase in weeks. I wish the write-up was printed on the shirt too. It definitely makes the shirt lots more fun.

bakbam


quality posts: 3 Private Messages bakbam
tsero4 wrote:The T looks like a male reproductive organ....



Eww a pierced organ...FUN!

spilzer


quality posts: 119 Private Messages spilzer
burningphoenix wrote:Thank you, shirt.woot for giving me the guide to the Alhabeasts in the writeup!



Aw, I kinda was hoping they would leave it up to individual interpretation...

calebmitchell


quality posts: 64 Private Messages calebmitchell

Also, I have to say I love the amount of nerdiness thrown in here. X-Men (Or possibly D&D) reference? Star Trek? Obscure Chinese mythological deer-creatures? Obscure middle-eastern djinn? This shirt gets my super-nerdy stamp of approval and Nerdiest Thing I've Seen In Months award.

dfunk29


quality posts: 47 Private Messages dfunk29
tsero4 wrote:The T looks like a male reproductive organ....



Ok, I had to go back & look to check that out!

terrenceistheman


quality posts: 15 Private Messages terrenceistheman

wonder if the honey badger is mad it didn't make the H.. nah, it probably doesn't care

zuberman


quality posts: 5 Private Messages zuberman

I'm aware that saying this makes me "that guy", but:

Many people will find this shirt offensive. Hardly anyone believes in any of the others, but quite a lot of people do believe in angels, and might reasonably take the shirt as saying "your faith is as silly as bigfoot".

Choose for yourself what you believe and whether you like the shirt more or less because of it, but this shirt IS making a statement on a controversial point, and you need to be aware of that when you click "I want one!"

Live from Shanghai

dfunk29


quality posts: 47 Private Messages dfunk29
bluejester wrote:I love the concept, I just wish that I could have the "key" printed on the back for those who wouldn't get it.



I might make hand-outs for people so I don't have to explain.

Exayevie


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Exayevie

A sci-fi character number line that only goes up to seven? You can get all the way to eleven just with Doctor Who!

LaurenLycanthropy


quality posts: 2 Private Messages LaurenLycanthropy
bluejester wrote:As always, I would like to issue my special warning to the female population of woot:

Please take into account the amount of chest staring the purchase of such a shirt is liable to bring.



Awwww you're right But I must have one!

bluejester


quality posts: 560 Private Messages bluejester
zuberman wrote:I'm aware that saying this makes me "that guy", but:

Many people will find this shirt offensive. Hardly anyone believes in any of the others, but quite a lot of people do believe in angels, and might reasonably take the shirt as saying "your faith is as silly as bigfoot".

Choose for yourself what you believe and whether you like the shirt more or less because of it, but this shirt IS making a statement on a controversial point, and you need to be aware of that when you click "I want one!"



Fair point. I usually catch stuff like that myself, but I guess it has been a bit of a long day. Equating an aspect of a persons faith with big foot and cyclops is a bit offensive.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

That poem is absolutely amazing. I bow before you, dear writer.



FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

MaxSMoke777


quality posts: 7 Private Messages MaxSMoke777

I'm impressed, this is a cleaver shirt design! But come on WOOT! WHAT THE HECK??? You went and listed what all of the monsters were. CHEATER! How are we suppose to guess now when you already put out the cheat-sheet?

MaxSMoke777


quality posts: 7 Private Messages MaxSMoke777
zuberman wrote:I'm aware that saying this makes me "that guy", but:

Many people will find this shirt offensive. Hardly anyone believes in any of the others, but quite a lot of people do believe in angels, and might reasonably take the shirt as saying "your faith is as silly as bigfoot".

Choose for yourself what you believe and whether you like the shirt more or less because of it, but this shirt IS making a statement on a controversial point, and you need to be aware of that when you click "I want one!"



I was just thinking this was a list of monsters from Dungeons and Dragons, not a list of mythical beasts. So it's more of a inside joke for RPG fans, then a commentary on what's real and what isn't.

Btw, Bigfoot is Real. :p

mhatter106


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mhatter106
MaxSMoke777 wrote:I was just thinking this was a list of monsters from Dungeons and Dragons, not a list of mythical beasts. So it's more of a inside joke for RPG fans, then a commentary on what's real and what isn't.

Btw, Bigfoot is Real. :p



It does kind of strike me as a clothing version of the "Monster Manual".

froggyhi


quality posts: 0 Private Messages froggyhi

I would have preferred K is for Kappa over Klingon if this was mythical creature based. But otherwise I like this shirt.

Stexe


quality posts: 21 Private Messages Stexe

For all of those non-"huge nerds" who don't know what a Xorn is... it is basically a creature that devours gems and precious minerals. It "moves through earth as easily as a fish moves through water."

And now you know! And knowledge is half the battle!

EDIT: Oh, who am I kidding. Everyone on woot who is reading the community comments must be a big enough nerd to know this already!

Jerodast


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jerodast
calebmitchell wrote:X-Men (Or possibly D&D) reference?



It's the D&D one. When I saw the X I couldn't remember the name, so I thought "that reminds me of that triangularly symmetric thing from D&D that has a mouth on top, but there's no way it's that obscure" :D

eap5000


quality posts: 0 Private Messages eap5000

I have never actually fought a xorn with any of my characters.

calebmitchell


quality posts: 64 Private Messages calebmitchell
Jerodast wrote:It's the D&D one. When I saw the X I couldn't remember the name, so I thought "that reminds me of that triangularly symmetric thing from D&D that has a mouth on top, but there's no way it's that obscure" :D



Well, that's kind of what I figured, but it also looks just enough like a cartoony version of Xorn from X-Men that I thought it could be possibly be a reference to him. I guess he's a little obscure for that, but, then again, so is the other Xorn, and, I imagine, some of the other critters on this shirt, like the ifrit and qilin.

rhoffmann


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rhoffmann
Stexe wrote:For all of those non-"huge nerds" who don't know what a Xorn is... it is basically a creature that devours gems and precious minerals. It "moves through earth as easily as a fish moves through water."

And now you know! And knowledge is half the battle!

EDIT: Oh, who am I kidding. Everyone on woot who is reading the community comments must be a big enough nerd to know this already!



I do believe that it's telling that I got the Xorn on the first look, but had to check the description to figure out what the T was.

TommyGunES


quality posts: 0 Private Messages TommyGunES
zuberman wrote:Hardly anyone believes in any of the others, but quite a lot of people do believe in angels, and might reasonably take the shirt as saying "your faith is as silly as bigfoot".



Many people do indeed argue that. All the creatures are based on no scientific evidence. Definitely a fair warning to make, but I'm fine with it. I do think it's kind of an odd one to put on there, though.

If anyone wants just the list of names, here it is:

Angel, Bigfoot, Cyclops, Dragon, Elf, Fairy, Goblin, Hippogriff, Ifrit, Jabberwock, Klingon, Leprechaun, Mermaid, Nymph, Orc, Phoenix, Qilin, Reaper, Sphinx, Troll, Unicorn, Vampire, Werewolf, Xorn, Yeti, Zombie

I TXTed it to my phone (through AIM) because I'm sure I won't remember them all.

phatd42


quality posts: 0 Private Messages phatd42

I struggled with sphinx, goblin, and phoenix, but I got Xorn immediately. I don't know whether to be proud or ashamed...

Thirdbase9


quality posts: 89 Private Messages Thirdbase9
zuberman wrote:I'm aware that saying this makes me "that guy", but:

Many people will find this shirt offensive. Hardly anyone believes in any of the others, but quite a lot of people do believe in angels, and might reasonably take the shirt as saying "your faith is as silly as bigfoot".

Choose for yourself what you believe and whether you like the shirt more or less because of it, but this shirt IS making a statement on a controversial point, and you need to be aware of that when you click "I want one!"



Remember also that there a significant number of people that believe that Bigfoot is real also. They may be just as offended.

I don't know.

MadamAtom


quality posts: 7 Private Messages MadamAtom
S is for Sphinx, so treat your parents decently.



*cackle*

ElanorRigby


quality posts: 14 Private Messages ElanorRigby
Thirdbase9 wrote:Remember also that there a significant number of people that believe that Bigfoot is real also. They may be just as offended.



Yeah but touching on one's religious beliefs is a little more sensitive than dealing with their feelings on Sasquatch.

I probably would have been in for one had it not been for the "A".

Even on a cloudy day, I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun...

xninjagrrl


quality posts: 7 Private Messages xninjagrrl

Eh, think i'll wait for this one to end up in my random woot.

Pros: The pills were there.
Cons: So was the tank.

PocketBrain


quality posts: 46 Private Messages PocketBrain

+10 to the writers for the Gauntlet reference.

jsh139


quality posts: 13 Private Messages jsh139
E is for Elf, and that jerk shot the food!



I loled @ the Gauntlet reference.

Valkyrie...is about to die!

Insert signature here.

Wendytww


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Wendytww

LOVE THIS. I will wear it at work. I run a daycare...=P

(And even have a very catholic family that wouldn't have a problem with the angel. It IS a pretty standard fantasy "character")

Milkman_Dan


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Milkman_Dan

You have to respect anyone who rates Patrick Troughton as the best Doctor. I mean, I love him, top 5 for sure, but best? Damn, son. Dat be bold talk.

I said, there's weevils in the muffin mix

thrincold


quality posts: 1 Private Messages thrincold
bluejester wrote:Fair point. I usually catch stuff like that myself, but I guess it has been a bit of a long day. Equating an aspect of a persons faith with big foot and cyclops is a bit offensive.



Equating a creature of faith (Cyclops) with big foot could be equally offensive, as could the inclusion of the djinn or any other 'mythological' character, all of which are creatures in someone's faith at some point in time. Goblins, trolls, elves, sphinx, cyclops, and many others are all part of someone's faith, so why does the angel get a special mention?

johnvise


quality posts: 2 Private Messages johnvise

So many K critters that are actual mythology. Kitsune would have made a fun K.