klozitshoper

quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper
klozitshoper wrote:

Where did my long comment go?

Seems to have gone off the face of the earth - in a nutshell, glad things are seeming to work out well. Geesh, now I am talking to myself. This is meant for ICE.

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
klozitshoper wrote:Where did my long comment go?

Seems to have gone off the face of the earth - in a nutshell, glad things are seeming to work out well. Geesh, now I am talking to myself. This is meant for ICE.

Thank you
As long as there is more good than bad then its a good day

In the end only kindness matters

klozitshoper

Iceback wrote:Thank you

How very true.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
Iceback wrote:Thank you

Sorry to hear your truck is f'ed, glad it's under the recall notice though.

Yay for FIL! Great progress!

Yay for soon to be cuddly baby! I'm so glad you get to go visit. I know it meant tons to me to have my dad come and visit when the kids were born.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

Iceback

KtCallista wrote:Sorry to hear your truck is f'ed, glad it's under the recall notice though.

Yay for FIL! Great progress!

Yay for soon to be cuddly baby! I'm so glad you get to go visit. I know it meant tons to me to have my dad come and visit when the kids were born.

It should be interesting as my ex will be visiting at the same time

KtCallista

Iceback wrote:It should be interesting as my ex will be visiting at the same time

There's a grandbaby to cuddle and admire, that should mitigate some discomfort.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
Iceback wrote:It should be interesting as my ex will be visiting at the same time

I'm surprised that couldn't be avoided unless ex is staying for a month.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:I'm surprised that couldn't be avoided unless ex is staying for a month.

New babies are only new once. Everyone would have to be there at the same time.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

Iceback

pooflady wrote:I'm surprised that couldn't be avoided unless ex is staying for a month.

I don't blame her for wanting to be there (for obvious reasons). The timing is understandable too as she is a teacher and it is her spring break. It is spring break here too and Mrs. Ice can go without burning her limited vacation time so that is why we will be going then...so it will be what it will be.
I should mention that the ex lives a 2 hour drive from my daughter while I live 1500 miles away.

We are always civil but the ex gets freaked out for some reason and usually ends up acting weirder than usual.It just is uncomfortable for my daughter and probably for my son in law.
We plan to go again this summer so we will be able to hog her all to ourselves then.

Iceback

Sorry, killed the thread

KtCallista

Iceback wrote:Sorry, killed the thread

I understand, my in-laws are divorced and they have an uneasy tension when they are together. It makes everyone else wonder how to make them comfortable, when it's just not going to happen.

I hope your daughter has a good local support team, it can be tough having so much company come and go so quickly right after the baby is born.

Iceback

KtCallista wrote:I understand, my in-laws are divorced and they have an uneasy tension when they are together. It makes everyone else wonder how to make them comfortable, when it's just not going to happen.

I hope your daughter has a good local support team, it can be tough having so much company come and go so quickly right after the baby is born.

Mrs Ice and I will be staying at a nearby hotel during our visit, we didn't want to add any more stress by staying with her, I don't know where her mother and her husband will be staying.
My daughter has a good head on her shoulders and is married to a good man. She is the first of her friends to have a child. Her mother will be a good resource for soothing her new mommy jitters.

klozitshoper

Just got off phone with my daughter, and I would like to ask you all for your prayers for her husband who has been fighting liver cancer for three years. He is only 31 years old. There is one possible procedure left to try to alleviate symptoms for a bit more = if not, then, well....Devastating for me feeling so helpless, daughter handling it well enough but the strength to face the inevitable will be a tough journey = for all of us, him, her, his parents, me = would very much appreciate your prayers for peace and this last available treatment to be able to be done and to be successful if at all possible. It will delay but not cure. Horrible.

pooflady

klozitshoper wrote:Just got off phone with my daughter, and I would like to ask you all for your prayers for her husband who has been fighting liver cancer for three years. He is only 31 years old. There is one possible procedure left to try to alleviate symptoms for a bit more = if not, then, well....Devastating for me feeling so helpless, daughter handling it well enough but the strength to face the inevitable will be a tough journey = for all of us, him, her, his parents, me = would very much appreciate your prayers for peace and this last available treatment to be able to be done and to be successful if at all possible. It will delay but not cure. Horrible.

Klozit, so sorry. Having a recent very close encounter with the same type of situation, my heart goes out to you and your family. Everyone will discover more strength than they thought they had. All my prayers and hopes.

klozitshoper

pooflady wrote:Klozit, so sorry. Having a recent very close encounter with the same type of situation, my heart goes out to you and your family. Everyone will discover more strength than they thought they had. All my prayers and hopes.

Thanks, Poof.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 561 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

klozitshoper wrote:Just got off phone with my daughter, and I would like to ask you all for your prayers for her husband who has been fighting liver cancer for three years. He is only 31 years old. There is one possible procedure left to try to alleviate symptoms for a bit more = if not, then, well....Devastating for me feeling so helpless, daughter handling it well enough but the strength to face the inevitable will be a tough journey = for all of us, him, her, his parents, me = would very much appreciate your prayers for peace and this last available treatment to be able to be done and to be successful if at all possible. It will delay but not cure. Horrible.

So sorry Klozit. You and your family are in my thoughts are prayers.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• YOU MUST CONTACT CS. Do not post in the forum for help.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

morgankohl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages morgankohl

Back online after a month hiatus from the internet while my boyfriend was home from Afghanistan. Did I miss anything interesting?

pooflady

morgankohl wrote:Back online after a month hiatus from the internet while my boyfriend was home from Afghanistan. Did I miss anything interesting?

No.

Is he back for good? Thank him for me.

morgankohl

pooflady wrote:No.

Is he back for good? Thank him for me.

If only he were. I won't seem him again until June, and *hopefully*, he will be home for good then.

pooflady

morgankohl wrote:If only he were. I won't seem him again until June, and *hopefully*, he will be home for good then.

Thoughts and prayers are with you. Certainly appreciate his service.

morgankohl

pooflady wrote:Thoughts and prayers are with you. Certainly appreciate his service.

Thanks, Poof. You're a sweetie.

pooflady

morgankohl wrote:Thanks, Poof. You're a sweetie.

Awwwww.

pooflady

Night all. Tomorrow.

Iceback

Both he and your family are in my prayers.

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Good morning everybody! Sorry Klosit. I will be praying.

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Mornin', folks.

kozit - will keep you and yours in my thoughts and prayers.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

kdccrosby

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby

I'm so very sorry Klozit. Your family is in my prayers.

klozitshoper

Thank you friends. So appreciate your support.

Daughter finally filled me in on what has been going on. She was waiting for a new opinion from the GI doc as to results of ultrasound and possibility of doing procedure. The weather has resulted in the offices being closed, so no contact for three days. Understandable, but hard on the nerves. She has been very upbeat sounding when she has called, but finally, the truth of what she and he have been facing this week came out. I hate situations where I cannot have an effect - like I want to be God. Thanks, again, one and all, and I will keep you posted as to what is going on. Your support and kind words mean more than you can ever know.

kdccrosby

pooflady wrote:Thoughts and prayers are with you. Certainly appreciate his service.

ditto to what Poof said!

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

Morning.

Good thoughts for those in need indeed.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

klozitshoper

Mavyn wrote:Morning.

Good thoughts for those in need indeed.

Ditto - and thanks

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Sorry to hear this. I will pray for you all.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

kdccrosby

I.will.not.be.a.control.freak....

even if it's physically painful to hear someone struggling through something.

they have to learn and if I keep doing everything then it's my fault they don't learn.

//end rant//

pooflady

Afternoon all. Oops. Late morning.

AZGman

kdccrosby wrote:I.will.not.be.a.control.freak....

even if it's physically painful to hear someone struggling through something.

they have to learn and if I keep doing everything then it's my fault they don't learn.

//end rant//

But by the time the bubbles stop coming to the surface, they've drowned.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
AZGman wrote:But by the time the bubbles stop coming to the surface, they've drowned.

You can throw the life preserver, but you can't make them use it.

(Also, sorry to hear, klozit)

I'm just hanging out, really.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

#OfficeRule

1. Food.
1a. When making use of company provided facilities, be considerate. Clean up spills, dispose of trash, etc.
1b. Don't leave food for too long in the fridge.
1c. If using a microwave, monitor and be on hand to remove your food promptly.
1d. Do not touch food belonging to someone else. If you are waiting to use the toaster overn, wait until the previous users food has been removed. DO NOT PICK UP THEIR FOOD, MOVE IT OVER, and ADD YOUR TOAST.

Next time, I will NOT be polite about it.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

AZGman

inkycatz wrote:You can throw the life preserver, but you can't make them use it.

Didn't see one thrown.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
Mavyn wrote:#OfficeRule

1. Food.
1a. When making use of company provided facilities, be considerate. Clean up spills, dispose of trash, etc.
1b. Don't leave food for too long in the fridge.
1c. If using a microwave, monitor and be on hand to remove your food promptly.
1d. Do not touch food belonging to someone else. If you are waiting to use the toaster overn, wait until the previous users food has been removed. DO NOT PICK UP THEIR FOOD, MOVE IT OVER, and ADD YOUR TOAST.

Next time, I will NOT be polite about it.

Oh, hate that. We had a real thing for a while with the communal washing machines in my apartment building, where someone had this habit of throwing other people's wet laundry onto the table between the washers and dryers so they could use the washer.

Fortunately never happened to me, and appears to have stopped in recent months, so I am hoping they moved.

Food, clothes, what is wrong with people that they can not wait five or so minutes for people to fetch their stuff?

I'm just hanging out, really.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

inkycatz wrote:Oh, hate that. We had a real thing for a while with the communal washing machines in my apartment building, where someone had this habit of throwing other people's wet laundry onto the table between the washers and dryers so they could use the washer.

Fortunately never happened to me, and appears to have stopped in recent months, so I am hoping they moved.

Food, clothes, what is wrong with people that they can not wait five or so minutes for people to fetch their stuff?

That is what my son uses as his excuse not to do laundry. The machines always have clothes in them.
We (parents and sister) informed him, if you go back 5 or 10 minutes later and they are still in the machine....take them out.

You can't put your stuff in a machine for a 30 minute wash and come back an hour or two later.

Dryer, if they are already cold, take them out.

I would think the same thing applies to the toaster oven.
It doesn't take that long to heat something. If you don't come back in a few minutes, it is up for grabs.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!