kdccrosby

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby

um. no snow here. or ice.

It's 69 outside.

sorry. (well sorry for y'all but not enough to wish the cold back on me)

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Morning all.

Ice on everything. It would be a winter wonderland if the sun were shining. But it's not so it's not. Nothing melting since it's only 26 with a wind chill of 17.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

kdccrosby

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby

D'name - did you see this? Filmed by a 26 year old on Long Island..

Winning Chevy Superbowl commercial

lplady

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lplady

Good morning.

Hope everyone finds themselves doing well today even if some of you are home bound due to your local weather.

//goes to read back//

Edit: Klozit, so sorry about your S-I-L. Sending prayers your way and hopes of as much comfort as possible during this difficult time for your family.

KtC, sorry to hear about Orc's grandmother. Did Orc have to leave on his trip before V3's birthday party today? Hope your little one has a blast enjoying his day.

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Thunder boomers have moved to the east. Lazy day.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

kdccrosby wrote:D'name - did you see this? Filmed by a 26 year old on Long Island..

Winning Chevy Superbowl commercial

Nice commercial!

Googled the kid. Not one of ours, lives a few miles from here. Figured he did, looked like western Nassau county.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady

I wonder if No1's hiding out until all this weather reporting is over.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Woke up to just a few inches of light weight snow. Now it is sleeting.
Hubby went to work.

Have both a pair of cardinals and a bluebird at the bird feeder!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner
dontwantaname wrote:Woke up to just a few inches of light weight snow. Now it is sleeting.
Hubby went to work.

Have both a pair of cardinals and a bluebird at the bird feeder!

We have a family of cardinals that live in our yard. They eat the left over dog crunchies. I was surprised that the outside dogs eat so much. Hubby broke it me that we were feeding the birds. I'm cool with that.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

joyner wrote:We have a family of cardinals that live in our yard. They eat the left over dog crunchies. I was surprised that the outside dogs eat so much. Hubby broke it me that we were feeding the birds. I'm cool with that.

I just started up again. Took them a few weeks to find the bird feeders again, but they are back,

Now that the old lady isn't feeding the cats anymore, I guess I have, in a way, set up a cat feeder too.
That is why I stopped. Too many birds being eaten by the feral cats.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:I just started up again. Took them a few weeks to find the bird feeders again, but they are back,

Now that the old lady isn't feeding the cats anymore, I guess I have, in a way, set up a cat feeder too.
That is why I stopped. Too many birds being eaten by the feral cats.

We have bird feeders all over the place, although they're going to have to be moved now that our windows are in diffeent places. We also have a red tailed hawk that's taken up residence in the area. It's neat seeing him swoop around or sit in a tree pretending he can't be seen.

pooflady

Does anyone know if a poster can be made from a picture without a negative?

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
pooflady wrote:Does anyone know if a poster can be made from a picture without a negative?

Depends on how big of a poster you want. There will probably be some distortion, but not bad. A lit depends on the resolution of the original. Is it digital or print.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Does anyone know if a poster can be made from a picture without a negative?

I bet if you scan it onto the computer, you can send it to the place.

What are you making a poster of?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
dontwantaname wrote:I bet if you scan it onto the computer, you can send it to the place.

(pooflady wrote: Does anyone know if a poster can be made from a picture. . .)

I'm guessin' a picture.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

pooflady

Mavyn wrote:Depends on how big of a poster you want. There will probably be some distortion, but not bad. A lit depends on the resolution of the original. Is it digital or print.

Print. Over 49 years old.

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:I bet if you scan it onto the computer, you can send it to the place.

This will sound silly, but husband made the laundry room completely white. Paint, washer and dryer, cabinet, stationary tub, table. Looks nice, really. But I was thinking that the wall behind the washer and dryer would be a great place for a poster from a picture we took of the Mediterranean when we were in Israel (where we met). Blue sky, blue water.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:This will sound silly, but husband made the laundry room completely white. Paint, washer and dryer, cabinet, stationary tub, table. Looks nice, really. But I was thinking that the wall behind the washer and dryer would be a great place for a poster from a picture we took of the Mediterranean when we were in Israel (where we met). Blue sky, blue water.

That sounds nice! Do it!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback

scan it and take the file to kinkos

In the end only kindness matters

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:(pooflady wrote: Does anyone know if a poster can be made from a picture. . .)

I'm guessin' a picture.

Doh!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

AZGman

dontwantaname wrote:Doh!

witty!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:witty!

pia

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

AZGman

dontwantaname wrote:pia

//snerk

Iceback

Yea team me!
Truck taken in for repair. It was covered under recall so no charge. I hope that the problem is solved.

lplady

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lplady
Iceback wrote:Yea team me!
Truck taken in for repair. It was covered under recall so no charge. I hope that the problem is solved.

Woohoo! Lucky you that you didn't have to fight tooth and nail to get them to cover it. I've heard some people aren't as lucky sometimes. Sometimes it becomes more of a PIA to get it free than it's worth in your time, which is probably what they hope for. lol

//backs away slowly to have some chicken parm and baked ziti//

Iceback

lplady wrote:Woohoo! Lucky you that you didn't have to fight tooth and nail to get them to cover it. I've heard some people aren't as lucky sometimes. Sometimes it becomes more of a PIA to get it free than it's worth in your time, which is probably what they hope for. lol

//backs away slowly to have some chicken parm and baked ziti//

I had the mechanics @ work download the manufacture's memo to dealers from their top secret tech forum. They didn't have much to argue about

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Iceback wrote:I had the mechanics @ work download the manufacture's memo to dealers from their top secret tech forum. They didn't have much to argue about

Fixed is good!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Iceback

dontwantaname wrote:Fixed is good!

I'm hoping it's fixed. I didn't have any problem yesterday nor did I today but 8 times the day before and a couple of times each day the previous 5. Nothing showed on the on board computer diagnostics....so we'll see.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Iceback wrote:I'm hoping it's fixed. I didn't have any problem yesterday nor did I today but 8 times the day before and a couple of times each day the previous 5. Nothing showed on the on board computer diagnostics....so we'll see.

Tell the car you don't have time for this crap.
That should work.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Iceback

dontwantaname wrote:Tell the car you don't have time for this crap.
That should work.

I did, just not as nicely as that

AZGman

Iceback wrote:I did, just not as nicely as that

Cranky cars need a good cussin' out, now and again!

Iceback

AZGman wrote:Cranky cars need a good cussin' out, now and again!

Yup and cuss I did.

klozitshoper

quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper

Good evening all. Warm day today - sunny - did not need jacket when I went shopping. Daughter says sil's doc is out of town as is the gi who was consulted. However, due to the discomfort and jaundice now, he is having a procedure Monday afternoon. Keeping fingers crossed that it will do the trick to bring down the numbers for the liver function tests near normal. He is awfully tired, but still looking forward to a playoff game tomorrow with friends and family. They went out and did shopping today - so he is really pushing along. Once again, thanks to all for the well wishes and prayers on his behalf.

Lynnzoi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lynnzoi

pooflady

Lynnzoi wrote:*

That's ^^^^ a real fly-by. Didn't even leave a "Kilroy was here."

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:That's ^^^^ a real fly-by. Didn't even leave a "Kilroy was here."

Yeah, maybe she knew Rusty ran over to a small...but somewhat nasty...but on a leash....dog and started a 10 second fight.
Ended on its own.
Dumb dog. Doesn't he realize that if he does Potty Emergency like that, he can't play off leash??????

Nobody human or dog hurt and he ended it on his own after a few seconds, but heck, he can't be doing stuff like that if he wants to play with his friends.

About your sig line...bras are also annoying and the first thing you want to dump at night.

The worst part about son moving back is he comes with friends. They show up at all hours. I can't watch TV in my PJ's.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 545 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Hello all. How goes things?

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Iceback

dontwantaname wrote:Yeah, maybe she knew Rusty ran over to a small...but somewhat nasty...but on a leash....dog and started a 10 second fight.
Ended on its own.
Dumb dog. Doesn't he realize that if he does Potty Emergency like that, he can't play off leash??????

Nobody human or dog hurt and he ended it on his own after a few seconds, but heck, he can't be doing stuff like that if he wants to play with his friends.

About your sig line...bras are also annoying and the first thing you want to dump at night.

The worst part about son moving back is he comes with friends. They show up at all hours. I can't watch TV in my PJ's.

maybe you should, that might scare them off

pooflady

ThunderThighs wrote:Hello all. How goes things?

Hi, Daj. Icebound here.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 545 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:Hi, Daj. Icebound here.

Ugh. Sorry. Don't envy you there.

We had a cold front come through so instead of the 77 we had yesterday, we only got to 51 today. Supposed to be in the lower 70s again tomorrow though.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders