pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
ThunderThighs wrote:Ugh. Sorry. Don't envy you there.

We had a cold front come through so instead of the 77 we had yesterday, we only got to 51 today. Supposed to be in the lower 70s again tomorrow though.

We're supposed to be in the 50s tomorrow and possible tornadoes tomorrow night. Yippy!

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 555 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:We're supposed to be in the 50s tomorrow and possible tornadoes tomorrow night. Yippy!

Your weather just has no end to the excitement!

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

pooflady

ThunderThighs wrote:Your weather just has no end to the excitement!

Very strange winter so far.

What's new with you?

ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:Very strange winter so far.

What's new with you?

Well, I put some shelves up in the boy's room. Mine didn't come with the frames though. Easy to mount but they don't feel real secure. Luckily, nothing heavy is going on them.

It took me 4 days to drill a door knob hole into a shelf to run cords through on the entertainment center that I redid. My drill driver just doesn't have enough torque. It would only make progress for about 2 minutes on a fresh charge. Hence, 4 days. Did it though!

Son is up to his eyeballs in projects so I'm not hearing much from him.

CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

pooflady

ThunderThighs wrote:Well, I put some shelves up in the boy's room. Mine didn't come with the frames though. Easy to mount but they don't feel real secure. Luckily, nothing heavy is going on them.

It took me 4 days to drill a door knob hole into a shelf to run cords through on the entertainment center that I redid. My drill driver just doesn't have enough torque. It would only make progress for about 2 minutes on a fresh charge. Hence, 4 days. Did it though!

Son is up to his eyeballs in projects so I'm not hearing much from him.

The shelves look good. Perhaps a new drill driver?

Son's a junior this year, right?

ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:The shelves look good. Perhaps a new drill driver?

Son's a junior this year, right?

It's a pretty new one. I wondered about a new battery but I think it just doesn't have the torque I need. I'm seeing what brother has. I don't want to spend money on a drill just for one hole.

Yep, a junior although he may stay another year to get a minor.

pooflady

ThunderThighs wrote:It's a pretty new one. I wondered about a new battery but I think it just doesn't have the torque I need. I'm seeing what brother has. I don't want to spend money on a drill just for one hole.

Yep, a junior although he may stay another year to get a minor.

The more, the better. Better chance of employment, right?

ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:The more, the better. Better chance of employment, right?

Yep. It's always been the plan for him to get a minor. Luckily, his dad left life insurance so this is less of a problem now.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
kdccrosby wrote:D'name - did you see this? Filmed by a 26 year old on Long Island..

Winning Chevy Superbowl commercial

I wonder if she'd prefer this one instead

move along

pooflady

Night all. Tomorrow.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

Morning. Freezing rain warning for tonight...supposed to go out for dinner. :/

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Good morning everybody!

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Mornin', folks. Light snow fallin'; shouldn't amount to much.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

Lynnzoi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lynnzoi

mornin...sorry for the post, delete, and run last night. Read that Joe Paterno had passed then all of a sudden there was a retraction so I was looking for confirmation.

lplady

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lplady
Lynnzoi wrote:mornin...sorry for the post, delete, and run last night. Read that Joe Paterno had passed then all of a sudden there was a retraction so I was looking for confirmation.

He has passed away.

Morning all.

AZGman

Lynnzoi wrote:mornin...sorry for the post, delete, and run last night. Read that Joe Paterno had passed then all of a sudden there was a retraction so I was looking for confirmation.

Just heard it this morning; never knew he was battling lung cancer. Sad news nevertheless.

lplady

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lplady
AZGman wrote:Just heard it this morning; never knew he was battling lung cancer. Sad news nevertheless.

He was diagnosed back in November.

kdccrosby

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
pooflady wrote:This will sound silly, but husband made the laundry room completely white. Paint, washer and dryer, cabinet, stationary tub, table. Looks nice, really. But I was thinking that the wall behind the washer and dryer would be a great place for a poster from a picture we took of the Mediterranean when we were in Israel (where we met). Blue sky, blue water.

I haven't read through all of the posts yet - but I thought I'd share this. Someone shared it on pinterest the other day.

http://www.sugarbeecrafts.com/2012/01/giant-picture-tutorial.html

Edit: although I just remembered this is for black and white pics, so it may not work after all.

klozitshoper

quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper

Good afternoon, everyone.

klozitshoper

j5 wrote:I wonder if she'd prefer this one instead

Fun, but I did not understand some of the language. I know my dog did because she was extremely attentive.

pooflady

It's up to 33, so the ice is starting to melt some. Husband slid off the driveway this morning after church. And before anyone makes a smart remark, I mean the pickup.

AZGman

pooflady wrote:It's up to 33, so the ice is starting to melt some. Husband slid off the driveway this morning after church. And before anyone makes a smart remark, I mean the pickup.

S'pose to hit 33 here; not sure it'll make it.

AZGman

What a fun thread.

Historically.

pooflady

I have nothing of interest to say.

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

We have decided that the only way we will survive this election season is Netflix.

AZGman

//snort

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

Orc got his tickets. Friend who is a newspaper delivery manager has the day of his flight off so she is going to take him the 2+ hours (snow could make the drive longer) to the airport to make his 6:30am flight. She's also going to pick up Ver2 and Ver3 from preschool so I can work on Tues and Thurs. Now if I can find someone to watch them on Wed and Monday (no school Friday) I can work that job all through. Emailed my other boss, meeting tomorrow, but I told him I won't be available again for a week. He's recovering from a spleen injury (sledding accident) so I'm not sure what all he expects that we can accomplish.

Snow has been melting and freezing. No new snow since Friday. Supposed to be more coming though.

Play room is finally organized again. Still want to rework a shelf and change a couple of bins with stuff in drawers, but you can get through the door again, and moreover two kids can play in separate parts of the room at the same time and you can walk past them.

Ver3 had a fun birthday party. 1 of his school friends came and being 2 he was mostly indifferent about that. He ran and played in the play area for almost 2 hours. We ate cake, he got balloons, in his world it was perfect. Followed it with a trip to McDonalds and he got a hot wheel and to play more. Ver1 had another birthday party so she missed out on our lunch trip.

Now I just have to figure out how to do everything Orc does while doing what I do and sleeping with what will probably be two kids in my bed.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

AZGman

KtCallista wrote:Orc got his tickets. Friend who is a newspaper delivery manager has the day of his flight off so she is going to take him the 2+ hours (snow could make the drive longer) to the airport to make his 6:30am flight. She's also going to pick up Ver2 and Ver3 from preschool so I can work on Tues and Thurs. Now if I can find someone to watch them on Wed and Monday (no school Friday) I can work that job all through. Emailed my other boss, meeting tomorrow, but I told him I won't be available again for a week. He's recovering from a spleen injury (sledding accident) so I'm not sure what all he expects that we can accomplish.

Snow has been melting and freezing. No new snow since Friday. Supposed to be more coming though.

Play room is finally organized again. Still want to rework a shelf and change a couple of bins with stuff in drawers, but you can get through the door again, and moreover two kids can play in separate parts of the room at the same time and you can walk past them.

Ver3 had a fun birthday party. 1 of his school friends came and being 2 he was mostly indifferent about that. He ran and played in the play area for almost 2 hours. We ate cake, he got balloons, in his world it was perfect. Followed it with a trip to McDonalds and he got a hot wheel and to play more. Ver1 had another birthday party so she missed out on our lunch trip.

Now I just have to figure out how to do everything Orc does while doing what I do and sleeping with what will probably be two kids in my bed.

Wow; thanks for sharing.

KtCallista

AZGman wrote:Wow; thanks for sharing.

Was it a long enough post for you, I thought about trying to think of some (more) irrelevant nonsense to add, just to have something to say, but you know, I'm only so verbose.

pooflady

KtCallista wrote:Orc got his tickets. Friend who is a newspaper delivery manager has the day of his flight off so she is going to take him the 2+ hours (snow could make the drive longer) to the airport to make his 6:30am flight. She's also going to pick up Ver2 and Ver3 from preschool so I can work on Tues and Thurs. Now if I can find someone to watch them on Wed and Monday (no school Friday) I can work that job all through. Emailed my other boss, meeting tomorrow, but I told him I won't be available again for a week. He's recovering from a spleen injury (sledding accident) so I'm not sure what all he expects that we can accomplish.

So far you're doing pretty good at working things out.

KtCallista

pooflady wrote:So far you're doing pretty good at working things out.

Thanks, I got him a ride from the airport to the small town where his Grandma is and a list of bedroom options. I need to call on the rooms today. Along with getting the rest of my sanity home improvements finished (ie de-cluttering).

Oh yeah and Happy Chinese New Year all!

AZGman

KtCallista wrote:Was it a long enough post for you, I thought about trying to think of some (more) irrelevant nonsense to add, just to have something to say, but you know, I'm only so verbose.

A lot shared - in facebook sorta way.

klozitshoper

Surprised also that Paterno was suffering from cancer. How sad that his legacy has been so maimed lately - but then again, sad for the boys involved - sad for everyone. I feel so badly for his wife - she has certainly had an awful lot to contend with lately. SIL scheduled for treatment tomorrow. It is an outpatient procedure - could involve an overnight - but currently scheduled for tomorrow afternoon. New doc, but the two that are at a conference and out of town are in touch with the new one who is going forward with the procedure. Daughter feels comfortable with the situation - and hopeful that it will do what it is intended to.

KtCallista

AZGman wrote:A lot shared - in facebook sorta way.

More like shotguned 48 hours worth of chat, but yeah I guess I can see that. Except I don't tend to share as much on Facebook, not just because it keeps crashing my laptop. I don't tend to like my friends as much as I like the people here.

KtCallista

klozitshoper wrote:Surprised also that Paterno was suffering from cancer. How sad that his legacy has been so maimed lately - but then again, sad for the boys involved - sad for everyone. I feel so badly for his wife - she has certainly had an awful lot to contend with lately. SIL scheduled for treatment tomorrow. It is an outpatient procedure - could involve an overnight - but currently scheduled for tomorrow afternoon. New doc, but the two that are at a conference and out of town are in touch with the new one who is going forward with the procedure. Daughter feels comfortable with the situation - and hopeful that it will do what it is intended to.

I'm glad things are happening again. He's in our prayers.

pooflady

klozitshoper wrote:Surprised also that Paterno was suffering from cancer. How sad that his legacy has been so maimed lately - but then again, sad for the boys involved - sad for everyone. I feel so badly for his wife - she has certainly had an awful lot to contend with lately. SIL scheduled for treatment tomorrow. It is an outpatient procedure - could involve an overnight - but currently scheduled for tomorrow afternoon. New doc, but the two that are at a conference and out of town are in touch with the new one who is going forward with the procedure. Daughter feels comfortable with the situation - and hopeful that it will do what it is intended to.

Will be thinking of you and family tomorrow. How long before they'll know something?

pooflady

Boy, I really can't handle wine at all anymore. Dinner called for 1/2 cup of white. I had one swallow of it. 20 minutes later I was so hot, I stood outside for five minutes. It's 38 degrees.

klozitshoper

pooflady wrote:Will be thinking of you and family tomorrow. How long before they'll know something?

I really don't know the answer to that. He was diagnosed three years ago and the liver and lungs have been under a tremendous assault from the chemo and radiation, etc. The liver function tests during this time have been ok. They went really bad this past week, and the hope is that a constricted bile duct possibility can offer rellief by the placement of a stent. I don't know how long that would take for the bloodwork to go back to where it should be under the circumstances. He was given three months three years ago, and thanks to the marvelous docs he has had and the innovative treatments they came up with, he and my daughter have traveled a lot and enjoyed life to the max while they could. Of course, he has been quite sick, but it was under some control and he was not jaundiced or in pain. Just getting back to that level - would be wonderful. The type of cancer he has has no cure. It is so rare, there are very few studies, and he has had horrid reactions to those he has undergone. Long story short, I just do not know. Tomorrow hopefully I will learn more. Thanks for your concern.

kdccrosby

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby

Klozit - you guys are in my thoughts & prayers.

Poof - I've never been much of a wine drinker. It as always gone to my head pretty quickly.

now gimme a beer and we're golden

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:Wow; thanks for sharing.

If nobody posts, you gripe.

If someone posts, you gripe.

Face it, you just like to be grumpy!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.