AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Mornin', folks.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

joyner


quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Good morning everybody!

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 554 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Morning all.



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

kdccrosby


quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby

Morning all.

weighed in. Lost 2 lbs. yay me!

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Congrats, Kid.

Morning everyone.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Morning


Nobody says good anymore?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

inkycatz


quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
dontwantaname wrote:Morning


Nobody says good anymore?



I do, because I like to try to start the day off positively.

Good morning!

It seems like most people leave the good off mornings because they don't like mornings.

I'm just hanging out, really.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

inkycatz wrote:I do, because I like to try to start the day off positively.

Good morning!

It seems like most people leave the good off mornings because they don't like mornings.



It is a normal hour here.
You live on the wrong coast, so it is still really early. Ick.

Although it pays off at woot time, when it is 1am here.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

Turken


quality posts: 5 Private Messages Turken

good


Mavyn


quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

I say good if it applies.

Lately, it hasn't.

*shrugs*

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
inkycatz wrote:I do, because I like to try to start the day off positively.

Good morning!

It seems like most people leave the good off mornings because they don't like mornings.



For me, the 'Good' is implied; otherwise, I'd not even post a greeting.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:For me, the 'Good' is implied; otherwise, I'd not even post a greeting.



What???!?!?!?!?

You are the one who started the no good crap!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

I will come back later to read the response.

Doggie walk and mom day.

See ya!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

I don't like mornings, there is seldom anything good about them.

This one was going fine (since I don't normally do the morning thing with the kids I think it was fine anyway), and then Ver2 couldn't find a hat, any winter hat.... we made it on time, barely.

Bifocal wearers, which lens do you use for the computer? It is too far for the reading, but too close for the distance. I've resorted to putting my laptop as far away as possible and going with that, but it's not that comfortable, yet. Am I doing it wrong?

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

Iceback


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
KtCallista wrote:I don't like mornings, there is seldom anything good about them.

This one was going fine (since I don't normally do the morning thing with the kids I think it was fine anyway), and then Ver2 couldn't find a hat, any winter hat.... we made it on time, barely.

Bifocal wearers, which lens do you use for the computer? It is too far for the reading, but too close for the distance. I've resorted to putting my laptop as far away as possible and going with that, but it's not that comfortable, yet. Am I doing it wrong?



My bifocals are for reading only, magnifying on the bottom and no 'scipt on the top, so I use the reading portion for computer stuff.

In the end only kindness matters

Iceback


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
dontwantaname wrote:Morning


Nobody says good anymore?



Do you even read the posts?

Iceback wrote:Good morning all.



In the end only kindness matters

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Afternoon, folks.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
KtCallista wrote:I don't like mornings, there is seldom anything good about them.

This one was going fine (since I don't normally do the morning thing with the kids I think it was fine anyway), and then Ver2 couldn't find a hat, any winter hat.... we made it on time, barely.

Bifocal wearers, which lens do you use for the computer? It is too far for the reading, but too close for the distance. I've resorted to putting my laptop as far away as possible and going with that, but it's not that comfortable, yet. Am I doing it wrong?



You're not doing it wrong, you just don't have a trifocal, which is the in-between distance. For me, I do better without any glasses for the computer.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

joyner


quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner
KtCallista wrote:I don't like mornings, there is seldom anything good about them.

This one was going fine (since I don't normally do the morning thing with the kids I think it was fine anyway), and then Ver2 couldn't find a hat, any winter hat.... we made it on time, barely.

Bifocal wearers, which lens do you use for the computer? It is too far for the reading, but too close for the distance. I've resorted to putting my laptop as far away as possible and going with that, but it's not that comfortable, yet. Am I doing it wrong?


I use the middle that you don't have. I love my progressive lens. Not everybody likes them. You might try a cheap pair from the dollar store in less magnification than the bifocals.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Had to have a new fuel pump put in the Dakota today. Expensive little devils.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

Mavyn


quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

Peering optimistically northward.

Where there's a huge damned hill that likely blocks enough of the horizon that I wouldn't see the aurora anyway, but I'm hoping.

Bucket list!

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
Mavyn wrote:Peering optimistically northward.

Where there's a huge damned hill that likely blocks enough of the horizon that I wouldn't see the aurora anyway, but I'm hoping.

Bucket list!



hmmm... I wonder if we are able to see it, it'll probably be cloudy tonight with our luck

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

Mavyn


quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
KtCallista wrote:hmmm... I wonder if we are able to see it, it'll probably be cloudy tonight with our luck



Yes, you should be able to. It's pushing clear down to Colorado.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
Mavyn wrote:Peering optimistically northward.

Where there's a huge damned hill that likely blocks enough of the horizon that I wouldn't see the aurora anyway, but I'm hoping.

Bucket list!



Looks like a very minimal chance of seeing much aurora.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

Mavyn


quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
AZGman wrote:Looks like a very minimal chance of seeing much aurora.



Yep. Friends in the UK aren't seeing much. One in Ireland has a decent view, but that's it.

Sigh!

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
Mavyn wrote:Yep. Friends in the UK aren't seeing much. One in Ireland has a decent view, but that's it.

Sigh!



We're on the very edge, but I'm not counting on it.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

kdccrosby


quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby

Evening all...

j5


quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

The "good" on a greeting is not intended to convey the greeter's status, it is intended to wish well on the greetee. So, good evening people of woot. My status is irrelevant.

move along

Mavyn


quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
j5 wrote:The "good" on a greeting is not intended to convey the greeter's status, it is intended to wish well on the greetee. So, good evening people of woot. My status is irrelevant.



Pedantic evening, all.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
Mavyn wrote:Pedantic evening, all.



oops.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
j5 wrote:My status is irrelevant.



low self esteem issues, any1?

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
no1 wrote:low self esteem issues, any1?



Not just issues, a subscription!

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
j5 wrote:The "good" on a greeting is not intended to convey the greeter's status, it is intended to wish well on the greetee. So, good evening people of woot. My status is irrelevant.



I still maintain that there is seldom anything good about a morning, mine or anyone else's Although I obviously, could be wrong.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
KtCallista wrote:I still maintain that there is seldom anything good about a morning, mine or anyone else's Although I obviously, could be wrong.



morning is when they serve egg mcmuffins!

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

average evening everyone!

KtC since progressives are a pia to get use to AND expensive, maybe you can have another pair made up with computer and either reading or distance. Which ever you need more when at the computer.

Or just get a drugstore pair for the computer.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

Mavyn


quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
no1 wrote:morning is when they serve egg mcmuffins!



That is reason enough to avoid 'good'.

Eeeew.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
dontwantaname wrote:average evening everyone!

KtC since progressives are a pia to get use to AND expensive, maybe you can have another pair made up with computer and either reading or distance. Which ever you need more when at the computer.

Or just get a drugstore pair for the computer.



First of all I have to have ultrathin-ultralights to use a frame that doesn't look like it walked out of the 1980s. The last time I had glasses made of glass, well the coke bottle of the same era was thinner. Drug store glasses are cute, but effectively a paperweight.

I am thinking about having a set of computer glasses made. I was trying to avoid doing that (it was mentioned during my appointment) because I know my distance was significantly worse than reading and the computer isn't quite far enough away for it. I already have it as far as possible. I could move it a bit more when I get the new one, but with the laptop the options are limited.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
KtCallista wrote:I still maintain that there is seldom anything good about a morning, mine or anyone else's Although I obviously, could be wrong.



There are people that leap out of bed early in the morning and do things like cook and run and ... stuff. Joyner comes to mind. Mayvn used to.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

kdccrosby


quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
pooflady wrote:There are people that leap out of bed early in the morning and do things like cook and run and ... stuff. Joyner comes to mind. Mayvn used to.



I drag myself out of bed to go to work.

and I do mean draaaggg.... as it is a lot earlier than it used to be.

Iceback


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
kdccrosby wrote:I drag myself out of bed to go to work.

and I do mean draaaggg.... as it is a lot earlier than it used to be.



Morning is my best time I get up at 4a.m. but my energy and therefore my @ss progressivly drops past 2 p.m.

In the end only kindness matters