ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

ROFL. This post just cracked me up.

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
ThunderThighs wrote:Yeah, same for my ex. Great dad just not a great husband.

I think my problem with this is I hardly think of the past with her much any more and this sort of brings back some ugly memories that are probably best left unremembered...idk
edit//I know I didn't appreciate Mrs. Ice being disrespected for no other reason than she loves and is good to me.
Rereading that last statement seems so self- centered but there really is no other explanation I can think of for how she behaved in the past.

In the end only kindness matters

ThunderThighs

Staff

Iceback wrote:I think my problem with this is I hardly think of the past with her much any more and this sort of brings back some ugly memories that are probably best left unremembered...idk

It'll pass. Just focus on the good stuff in life.

••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Iceback

ThunderThighs wrote:It'll pass. Just focus on the good stuff in life.

Like I said, I don't think of the baggage from the past much. I appreciate and am grateful for what I have now.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
Iceback wrote:Like I said, I don't think of the baggage from the past much. I appreciate and am grateful for what I have now.

How old were each of you when you got married?

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

klozitshoper

quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper

Been reading back. Poof, so sorry the procedure was uncomfortable. It should not be. I had one that was hell on wheels, and I was afraid of the next. Had a new doc, and he said that if I hurt even a tiny bit, they would give me more anesthesia - I think in my case it was that stuff that killed Michael Jackson - propofol (sp?) and/or versed - whatever it is, I guess you don't remember anything of it - had two more since then, and no pain. Hope I am old enough so they don't do any more - hate the prep, just hate it.

Ice, hope all goes well - looks like you will actually have fewer problems if they get along well - and don't worry about it. The present Mrs. Ice knows I am sure that she has a real gem (you) and would not, I am sure, be influenced in any way by Mrs. Ice #1. I can understand your projecting thoughts into the situation that are best put to one side. I would do the same, but try to just let it pass.

The drugstore could not fill my script (new one from the doc) because the insurance company "has a computer glitch that should be fixed in 72 hours." What a way to do business. They offered me the option to pay out of pocket and get the money back when things are running well. I suggested they charge me the regular copay and absorb the extra cost themselves until they fix their own glitch. NO, that is not possible. Why I ask myself are they afraid of reimbursing themselves essentially. Thank heavens it is not something I really need, as I will not pay when I should not and hope for the best, and the way I look at it, it is just that - hope for the best!

Have been on pins and needles so to speak and finally got an email from my daughter from the hospital. SIL came through the procedure, but he had trouble coming out of the anesthesia with a lot of pain and nausea. They decided to remain at hospital for the night. Docs placed the stent, now it remains to be seen if it will enable the bloodwork and liver function to get back to normal. They will know better next week. This is very difficult to sit 3500 miles away and want to know and see for myself. Keep those prayers coming folks, they are so needed for daughter and sil and I do believe in the power.

Sending good thougts to everyone for whatever the problems. Del, if Gatsby fires you, I will probably be out there within the next month, and I will personally pay him a visit!!! It won't be pretty!!! Waves at Gatsby who has been keeping his distance.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

Well Poof hasn't said goodnight yet, so I'll hop in here. Could use some chat anyway. Took the kids to an event in town (trying to win tickets to the local amusement park that we go to once each summer - failed), so we missed our window to call Orc while he was at the hospital. The hospital is the only place in the rural part of Iowa where all his family lives that has wifi. Since Orc is essentially deaf (especially when trying to use a phone) we've been video skyping. So wifi is essential.

He took his ipad and everyone is culture shocked by the video conference. It has that "just walked into the Jetson's" type thing happening.

No school tomorrow, but I'm exhausted again. TV and bed, or work???

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

klozitshoper

quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper
KtCallista wrote:Well Poof hasn't said goodnight yet, so I'll hop in here. Could use some chat anyway. Took the kids to an event in town (trying to win tickets to the local amusement park that we go to once each summer - failed), so we missed our window to call Orc while he was at the hospital. The hospital is the only place in the rural part of Iowa where all his family lives that has wifi. Since Orc is essentially deaf (especially when trying to use a phone) we've been video skyping. So wifi is essential.

He took his ipad and everyone is culture shocked by the video conference. It has that "just walked into the Jetson's" type thing happening.

No school tomorrow, but I'm exhausted again. TV and bed, or work???

TV and bed - my vote.

KtCallista

klozitshoper wrote:TV and bed - my vote.

Yeah, that's what I'm doing. Unfortunately, it's the last episode I haven't seen in my Hulu queue.

Iceback

pooflady wrote:How old were each of you when you got married?

I was 24 she was 22

Iceback

Good morning all.

Klozit- Thanks
Praying for s-i-l's recovery

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Mornin'.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Good morning everybody!

Ice: Wonderful!

Klosit: Praying!

I had to go to the endocrinologist yesterday. My family Doc sent me to have my thyroid nodules checked out. I have been following them for 16 years. Had a biopsy a couple of weeks ago. There was a lot of calcification. It was undetermined cells so now I have to go see a surgeon in Atlanta and have it removed. But the good news is that I have already met my deductible!

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

Morning.

Think I will work from home today. Feeling worse with the sninus infection, even though it is clearing up....drainage means coughing and crummy sleep.

abdomen stuff hasn't changed, getting scanned Wednesday.

Great news, Ice!

Good thoughts, all.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

kdccrosby

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby

Morning all.

good thoughts sent out to all who need it.

I bought the quick cart from home.woot not too long ago. used it once and one of the wheels fell off.

Now... I frequently feel like the I'm missing a wheel or two... but I don't need my cart to be missing one too! LOL

ThunderThighs

Staff

Morning all.

My goodness, good thoughts and prayers to all those ailing or with ailing family members.

kdccrosby

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
ThunderThighs wrote:Morning all.

My goodness, good thoughts and prayers to all those ailing or with ailing family members.

aren't you up past your bedtime missy?

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Iceback wrote:Yeah Mrs Ice tells me and I glance through and I really don't care...I guess. It is important that we all get along and ex is a very good friend to people, mother to our child, she just wasn't a very good wife/friend to me. The main reason I'm even mentioning it here so y'all can enjoy my discomfort

Thank you.

Ice, I saved a post from you about asbestos tiles. It is a 9x9 and the basement was most likely finished in the 50's of 60's.

Ivory 6 to 1. 6 water to 1 ivory?

Not doing it yet, but we most likely will before we have a professional come in and finish the basement, which is on the list.
Of course nothing has ever come off the damn list, so it is a moot point. Except we should get rid of them if we ever sell too.

We gutted the upstairs when we moved in, so no lead paint or asbestos there anymore.

Some of them are popping up on their own and a few are breaking.
Am I going to die??? I'm just chucking them into the trash.

Now that I'm taking your word for safe removal, how do you know how to get rid of them?

Spent most of yesterday and will spend most of today cleaning the basement....well the "finished" half.

There isn't any ceiling, so the ceiling is just the joists. I started wiping them with a wet cloth....UGH! Dirty!

Too bad it can't be power washed! That would work!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

AZGman

Kravitz in da house!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:Kravitz in da house!!!

What is a Kravitz? Should we spray?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

AZGman

dontwantaname wrote:What is a Kravitz? Should we spray?

Gladys . . . and only if you wanna be sprayed!!!

//snerk!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:Gladys . . . and only if you wanna be sprayed!!!

//snerk!

Bewitched?

I am not reading back to see what triggered this reaction.

Down to the basement for me!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Mavyn

House in the neighborhood almost burned down last night. i heard sirens, but didn't think they were in the neighborhood. All the people got out, not sure about the cat.

KtCallista

Yay for no school! Honestly, it is so much less stressful to just have the kids home, no schedules, no fighting them out of bed, no driving to the school and back 3 times.

My laptop fan is dying. I guess I should find a replacement, sounds like someone over-revving a lawnmower.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Afternoon all. Sorry, forgot to sign out last night.

Ice, 22 and 24, neither of you had totally grown up yet and when you did it was in different directions. Doesn't make either of you bad or wrong, just people that would never have got married if they met 10 years later. Husband and I got married at the same ages and were just plain lucky that the older "us" still liked each other.

Klozit, so far, so good for s-i-l, will keep thinking and praying for him.

Mayvn, hope you'll be feeling better tomorrow.

Joyner, when do you go to Atlanta? Did they tell you what the possibilities were?

D'name, what can I say? Cleaning the basement is a lot of work and no fun, especially if it hasn't been done in years.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Mavyn wrote:House in the neighborhood almost burned down last night. i heard sirens, but didn't think they were in the neighborhood. All the people got out, not sure about the cat.

That is scary.
It happened here once.
The kids in school said it was set, because all the important stuff (they were in grade school, they were talking about video games) was in the garage.

The family totally redid the house, added a second floor, did it all new.
But, that seems awfully extreme just to get insurance money.

Who knows, there was a guy who kept bumping into the man across the street. As it jogging and actually running into the man.
The man has a nasty, but actually nice, looking pitbull.
The second time it happened, the dog bit the guy

People saw it happen and testified for the man and the guy didn't get any money.
It had to be for the money. Tons of people and dogs use that park and he kept running into the man who had the meanest looking dog.
Never the person with the tiny dog.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

I need ice coffee.
I think I have a coupon for one at DD.
I'll be back.

Waiting for the floor under the throw rug to totally dry, so I can put the rug back and wash the rest of the floor.

Three 5 by 7 rugs under different things. Sofa, desk and table.
Really half ass! We should just break down and finish it, but that means moving everything. Having the old oil tank taken out. Big pia
Plus the workshop would have to be moved.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Mavyn

dontwantaname wrote:That is scary.
It happened here once.
The kids in school said it was set, because all the important stuff (they were in grade school, they were talking about video games) was in the garage.

The family totally redid the house, added a second floor, did it all new.
But, that seems awfully extreme just to get insurance money.

Who knows, there was a guy who kept bumping into the man across the street. As it jogging and actually running into the man.
The man has a nasty, but actually nice, looking pitbull.
The second time it happened, the dog bit the guy

People saw it happen and testified for the man and the guy didn't get any money.
It had to be for the money. Tons of people and dogs use that park and he kept running into the man who had the meanest looking dog.
Never the person with the tiny dog.

Family barely made it out, garage was totally destroyed.

I don't know if I pay more attention now, or if the house fires stand out more because there aren't wild fires out here like there were in CA, WY, and CO, but it seems like there are more houses/buildings that burn down here. Weird. I mean, I can think of 4 houses and 2 buildings, in just 2 years. Unrelated to a wild fire...I think I knew of or saw 1 in CA in 5 years, 2 in Wyoming in 10 years, and maybe 5 in Colorado in...umm...10 years at least.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
Mavyn wrote:Family barely made it out, garage was totally destroyed.

I don't know if I pay more attention now, or if the house fires stand out more because there aren't wild fires out here like there were in CA, WY, and CO, but it seems like there are more houses/buildings that burn down here. Weird. I mean, I can think of 4 houses and 2 buildings, in just 2 years. Unrelated to a wild fire...I think I knew of or saw 1 in CA in 5 years, 2 in Wyoming in 10 years, and maybe 5 in Colorado in...umm...10 years at least.

Aluminum wiring by any chance?

move along

Mavyn

j5 wrote:Aluminum wiring by any chance?

I doubt it, as the same company built my house and I know I have copper wiring.

KtCallista

Mavyn wrote:Family barely made it out, garage was totally destroyed.

Interesting.... I can't think of too many houses I know that burn down and in the city where I grew up it still makes the local news if it happens. Wildfires though, those are normal.

KtCallista

pooflady wrote:

Ice, 22 and 24, neither of you had totally grown up yet and when you did it was in different directions. Doesn't make either of you bad or wrong, just people that would never have got married if they met 10 years later. Husband and I got married at the same ages and were just plain lucky that the older "us" still liked each other.

Orc was 22, I was a month shy of 22. Are you saying we are doomed? --- and now you know how old I am, exactly. //sigh

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

j5 wrote:Aluminum wiring by any chance?

When did they use aluminum?
Most of the houseing around here was built either the 20's and 30's, or the 50's and 60's.

Never had aluminum wire.

Asbestos, that we have. Lead paint, got that out, but no aluminum.

The rental house has a new problem with the new tenant .
They put the garbage out in plastic bags, which break.
Rusty noticed it first.

Right now there are 5 dirty diapers and some egg shells on the curb.
I hope they clean it up.
The little boy is really cute. I wave at him through the window. But his diapers aren't great on the sidewalk.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

OK, floor should be dry. I can put the rug back and move on to the next area.

Broke the desk down there.
Ikea is great until you start moving it around. Although we have some office quality Ikea and I don't think that would break

I think it can be fixed.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
dontwantaname wrote:When did they use aluminum?
Most of the houseing around here was built either the 20's and 30's, or the 50's and 60's.

Never had aluminum wire.

Asbestos, that we have. Lead paint, got that out, but no aluminum.

In North American residential construction, aluminum wire was used for a short time in the early 1970's during a period of high copper prices. Wiring devices at the time were not designed with the particular properties of aluminum wire in mind. Revised wiring device standards were required to prevent the hazards produced by aluminum wire in a device designed for copper wire.

move along

AZGman

Afternoon, folks.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

j5 wrote:In North American residential construction, aluminum wire was used for a short time in the early 1970's during a period of high copper prices. Wiring devices at the time were not designed with the particular properties of aluminum wire in mind. Revised wiring device standards were required to prevent the hazards produced by aluminum wire in a device designed for copper wire.

70's would be suffolk and Staten Island.

Finished washing the last of the floor!

Let it dry, put back the rug and the table.

Dust and I'm done!!!!

Until tomorrow, when son's crap comes home.
Not son, he is staying until the bitter end. Air mattress and iphone until tuesday.

It is not a good sign that the TV he brought home was not even dusted.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Mavyn

Grrr...Tried getting some sales stuff from Bloomingdales. Buy more than $200 in Le Crueset, get a free frying pan. But, stuff is on sale, too. Want 2 cookers. Put them in the basket. It added the pan automatically, then tells me the fry pan is out of stock, remove it. I remove it, click to checkout. It adds it back, repeats.

Over and over. Call in. "Oh, i'm sorry, it's all out of stock now but our system only updates once an hour."

Then why not have THAT be the notification I get? I mean, SOMEHOW the system knows not to let me place the order, right?

AZGman

Wow.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Weird weather.
Rain, sun, rain.
HOT, as in 60 in Jan.

Sounds like we might be having a thunder storm. I hear something. Either fireworks or thunder in a distance.

If it is fireworks, I'm going to find those kids and kill them.
Rusty likes to eat the cardboard tubes that fall to the ground.
4th of july and new years eve are one thing, but they shot them off a week ago and I just finished picking up the cardboard.

The cops stopped the fireworks on the 4th. I figured we would have them all year. People bought the fireworks. They were going to shoot them eventually.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!