dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Iceback wrote:Rock on!
Don't forget to drop the acid 30 minutes before the show.

No acid, maybe we'll try it next week.
( that was what we said for all the years it was a possibility)

My clean, uncluttered basement is a crowded mess.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
dontwantaname wrote:No acid, maybe we'll try it next week.
( that was what we said for all the years it was a possibility)

My clean, uncluttered basement is a crowded mess.

Make son deal with it, just shut the door and pretend it doesn't exist.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

I was telling Hubby that Rusty doesn't listen to any command. He just does all the tricks in a row to get his treats.
He doesn't listen.

Hubby says , he listens.

So hubby makes Rusty come.
Rusty does.
He said sit.
Rusty did.

This is where the trouble starts.....

He said down.
Hesitation
Hubby shows him down.
Rusty goes down, but then immediately tries to roll over.

Hubby says no.
Puts him back in the sit.

Rusty looks at Hubby. Looks at me. Realizes that there are no treats.

Hubby says sit.
Rusty leaves and goes back on the couch!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
dontwantaname wrote:I was telling Hubby that Rusty doesn't listen to any command. He just does all the tricks in a row to get his treats.
He doesn't listen.

Hubby says , he listens.

Rusty does.
He said sit.
Rusty did.

He said down.
Hesitation
Hubby shows him down.

Hubby says no.

Hubby says sit.

Just proves he's one of your kids!!!

//snerk

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

AZGman

G'night.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:G'night.

What about the ood? Just the G?

Awfully early, it is the weekend.

See ya!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

All of my incandescent bulbs are now in labeled bins (yes, I'm anal) in the new cabinet instead of scattered all over the house. A few more 100s than I thought because I forgot a bunch in one of the closets.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:All of my incandescent bulbs are now in labeled bins (yes, I'm anal) in the new cabinet instead of scattered all over the house. A few more 100s than I thought because I forgot a bunch in one of the closets.

Hoarding...I mean stocking up?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

KtCallista

dontwantaname wrote:What about the ood? Just the G?

Awfully early, it is the weekend.

See ya!

Did someone need an Ood?

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Hoarding...I mean stocking up?

Yes, it annoys me no end that again they're trying to force me to do something, whether I want to or not. If it affected my health or safety, that's one thing, but light bulbs?

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Yes, it annoys me no end that again they're trying to force me to do something, whether I want to or not. If it affected my health or safety, that's one thing, but light bulbs?

The best part is, some don't get bright for a minute or two, and some don't fit in what they need to screw into.
How hard is it to make a light bulb that fits and turns on right away?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

KtCallista

pooflady wrote:Yes, it annoys me no end that again they're trying to force me to do something, whether I want to or not. If it affected my health or safety, that's one thing, but light bulbs?

I'm all for going green, but the CFLs have lots and lots of problems, their toxic and they trigger migraines, not just for me but a significant segment of the population. The play area changed their bulbs and I got violently sick, it was bad.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

dontwantaname wrote:I was telling Hubby that Rusty doesn't listen to any command. He just does all the tricks in a row to get his treats.
He doesn't listen.

Hubby says , he listens.

Rusty does.
He said sit.
Rusty did.

He said down.
Hesitation
Hubby shows him down.

Hubby says no.

Hubby says sit.

I laughed out loud.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

klozitshoper

quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper

Hi all. Mayvn - sorry about the cat. KTC - hope everyone is feeling well soon and thanks for the prayers - Joyner - prayers and good wishes for the surgery. It does sound like a fairly quick procedure, but I imagine uncomfortable afterward (altho maybe not, let's hope) - Poof, we actually had a hazmat team take up our tile in the basement because no commercial people would do it. I think it sounds like what you have, and we were told afterward that it was really and truly overkill. Dname - Rusty is one smart animal. He does know what he is doing I am sure. Everyone, thanks for the prayers. May I ask for some more? SIL was kept at hospital until today to get the pain under some better control. I talked with him this afternoon, and he sounded weak and pretty tired, but in fairly good spirits. Blood will be drawn on Monday or Tues. to see if liver function is doing better. When I was walking the dog this morning, I met a new neighbor who is a physician's assistant. I was telling her what he was going through, and she just said, sorry, hope the palliative care works for awhile. By trying to keep him as comfortable for as long as possible, he is going through an awful lot. I imagine he will decide when he has had enough, but he is a real fighter. Went to a concert that bored me beyond belief tonight - a men's singing group doing classical music with poetry. Dreary and dull - at least that is how it affected me. Some people simply left and some gave a standing ovation. Go figure!

ThunderThighs

Staff

Klozit.... wish things were going better for SIL. Sending prayers your way.

Joyner, sounds like you've done your research and have made a good decision. Good vibes coming your way.

Went to see J. Edgar tonight at the $.150 theater. Pretty good movie. Makes me want to read a bio on him.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

kdccrosby

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby

I heard the govt took away the funding for the agency that was supposed to enforce that change. so... it will become against the law to make & sell them, but there is no one to enforce it or care...

Evening all.

It would appear that I am now the owner of a Schnauzer named Xena. We shall see how this goes. Punkin the cat is not a happy kitty.

ThunderThighs

Staff

kdccrosby wrote:I heard the govt took away the funding for the agency that was supposed to enforce that change. so... it will become against the law to make & sell them, but there is no one to enforce it or care...

Evening all.

It would appear that I am now the owner of a Schnauzer named Xena. We shall see how this goes. Punkin the cat is not a happy kitty.

Welcome Xena. How did this come about?

Tell Xena to point her eyes away from the cat. Trust me. That's $800 you DON'T want to spend.

How's that gonna work with ... uhm, work? Don't you sometimes work long hours?

FORUM MODERATOR

pooflady

ThunderThighs wrote:I laughed out loud.

I did, too. Would like to have seen hubby's face.

pooflady

Klozit, hoping for good news for you.

Kid, a dog? We need details.

klozitshoper

ThunderThighs wrote:Klozit.... wish things were going better for SIL. Sending prayers your way.

Joyner, sounds like you've done your research and have made a good decision. Good vibes coming your way.

Went to see J. Edgar tonight at the $.150 theater. Pretty good movie. Makes me want to read a bio on him.

Thanks for your good wishes. It breaks my heart to see this wonderful young guy go through this.

I am going to see JEdgar tomorrow. When I was young, everyone thought he was wonderful. It was only in the later years that the criticisms came. DiCaprio was good?

pooflady

kdccrosby wrote:I heard the govt took away the funding for the agency that was supposed to enforce that change. so... it will become against the law to make & sell them, but there is no one to enforce it or care...

Evening all.

The government doesn't have to enforce it, the big bulb manufacturers have quit making the 100s, and soon will quit making the rest. They don't want to make both, which I'm convinced is a large part of this whole story. So there won't be any to sell.

kdccrosby

ThunderThighs wrote:Welcome Xena. How did this come about?

Tell Xena to point her eyes away from the cat. Trust me. That's $800 you DON'T want to spend.

How's that gonna work with ... uhm, work? Don't you sometimes work long hours?

Well - she is a dog that lived nearby, and always digs out and comes over to our complex via the woods and greenbelt. I've taken her home, neigbors have taken her home etc. Well this time neighbor said the man was like I'm done with that dog. I'm getting a divorce and I don't care what happens.

I called him - and he didn't say anything like that, but I was concerned. When I took her home, I basically said - if you don't want her or something happens call me. His soon to be ex was inside, crying because she knew she couldn't take care of her where she was moving, and he wasn't going to fix the fence / take care of her.

I felt like an ass taking her dog. But she was the only one sad. Their kids weren't upset at all, and the ex wife seemed relieved at the end.

so... now I have a dog. She's really sweet and has been good with Punkin and with all of the complex cats in the various homes she's been in.

She's quite the lapdog. We have had a bath too.

As for work - I'm just going to have to do my best. I may kennel her during the day. I'm sure my neighbor will come take her out if I'm going to be gone too late - especially since she tried talking me in to keeping her.

I'll post pics tomorrow when she is dry from her bath and fluffy & cute again.

Edit: The ex-wife is going to bring her shot records to the husband's house for me

kdccrosby

klozitshoper wrote:Thanks for your good wishes. It breaks my heart to see this wonderful young guy go through this.

I am going to see JEdgar tomorrow. When I was young, everyone thought he was wonderful. It was only in the later years that the criticisms came. DiCaprio was good?

You and yours are in my thoughts Klozit.

klozitshoper

kdccrosby wrote:You and yours are in my thoughts Klozit.

Thanks so much. The new doggie sounds like a keeper! Well housebroken I hope, but if not, it should not take too long, especially when kept kenneled during the times you are away.

ThunderThighs

Staff

klozitshoper wrote:Thanks for your good wishes. It breaks my heart to see this wonderful young guy go through this.

Yes, I thought so. I really enjoyed it. I'm sure, as with most bio-pics, it's quite exaggerated and inaccurate but still enjoyable.

FORUM MODERATOR

ThunderThighs

Staff

KdC: It sounds like a good situation for all then. Good that you have a neighbor willing to help out too. I had that in my old neighborhood and it ws a life saver many times.

FORUM MODERATOR

pooflady

Night all. Tomorrow.

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Good morning everybody!

edit: Thanks everybody! You guys are great! Kid can't wait to see doggy pictures. KtC I had no idea the new bulbs would make you sick. Do regular fluorescents do that?

Mavyn

quality posts: 23 Private Messages Mavyn

Morning. Feeling better, in the mend. Will rest today, again.

Yay for the new pup!

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

klozitshoper

Good morning everyone. Glad you are well this AM Mayvn. Kind of dismal here, but the sun should be out today - and when it is, it warms up really fast. Waves to Joyner. Finished cleaning out desk this AM - changing isp's tomorrow, and did not know if they would need to move the big computer around. Once I got started, I decided to do drawers and the bookcase (it is a large piece of furniture with a hutch-type top that holds all sorts of stuff and a desk with drawers, doors, etc. on the bottom). I could have a sort of weird really old "what the heck is this?" sale. Not sure how they handle mail, so I either forwarded or deleted a lot. I found some hilarious stuff from 10 years ago!

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback

Good morning all
I hope you enjoy your new friend Kid

In the end only kindness matters

kdccrosby

Morning all.

Meet Xena.

kdccrosby

Mavyn wrote:Morning. Feeling better, in the mend. Will rest today, again.

Yay for the new pup!

glad you are starting to feel better Mayvn!

AZGman

kdccrosby wrote:Morning all.

Meet Xena.

What a cutie!!

Mornin', folks.

kdccrosby

AZGman wrote:What a cutie!!

Mornin', folks.

I thought so too. She looks like she has false eyelashes. I foresee many "Who me? I'm innocent" looks in the future.

ThunderThighs

Staff

Meet Xena.

Those ears!! Can she fly? Cuuuuuuute!

FORUM MODERATOR

pooflady

Meet Xena.

What a doll. The ears remind me of that picture a few years ago of a rabbit that looked like it was going to take off.

kdccrosby

Lord help me I hope she can't fly! LOL

Problem# 1 - Xena likes the cat's spot on the back of the couch.

Solution: move Xena out of cat's spot. Cat is happy. I retain my skin and life.

Lynnzoi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lynnzoi

Meet Xena.

what a sweetie!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Meet Xena.

Are you sure she didn't fly over the fence???

Very cute!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!