KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
dougall wrote:mai new crap is here!

woohoo!

Congrats!

Sorry I'm MIA... my laptop is waiting for a fan from ebay and it's all over the table in pieces, so I only get to borrow Orc's laptop. Decided to only replace the fan for now, then decide if we want to replace or repair the rest of it.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
pooflady wrote:Road trip!!!

Morning all.

Read my Kindle while having breakfast and a blonde grande at Starbucks. I am so coooool.

When I showed up for jury duty yesterday most of the ladies were reading kindles. I just sat between two and pulled mine out. Seeing as I was the youngest person there by about 20 years...

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
dougall wrote:mai new crap is here!

woohoo!

What'd ya get? Huh? Huh? Tell us.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

He is playing Memory with the youngest...he got cordless phones, glowsticks, the crazy dolls, gloves, batteries, nite cards, Barbie photo album, a bag, 3 shirts, iron on sparkle hearts, party invites, wintertrax, iso7x exercise thing, Kleenex, 10 pack of Kleenex, some protractors and a beanie baby... phew!

And a bunch of Texas air!

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

dougall

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dougall

the crazy dolls will give me nightmares!

pooflady

Mavyn wrote:He is playing Memory with the youngest...he got cordless phones, glowsticks, the crazy dolls, gloves, batteries, nite cards, Barbie photo album, a bag, 3 shirts, iron on sparkle hearts, party invites, wintertrax, iso7x exercise thing, Kleenex, 10 pack of Kleenex, some protractors and a beanie baby... phew!

And a bunch of Texas air!

WOW, what a haul. Congratulations.

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

What's the difference between Kleenex and a 10 pack of Kleenex!

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
AZGman wrote:What's the difference between Kleenex and a 10 pack of Kleenex!

9 Kleeni?

In the end only kindness matters

kdccrosby

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
pooflady wrote:Please tell him we're all continuing to hope and pray for more improvement.

ditto from me!!!

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

kdccrosby wrote:ditto from me!!!

Me too.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

My Mom died late this afternoon. I was surprised that she went so fast. She had taken a turn for the worse on Thursday and went rapidly downhill. She was 90 and had been seeing her brothers and sisters, who had died years ago, for a couple of years. Hubby and I were with her. Daughter2 feels guilty that she didn't check her phone. I had txted her that her grandmother was going fast and that I would come get her if she wanted to be there. The current boy friend doesn't like her to txt so she hadn't checked her phone. (The bf is another story for another day). I hope we can have the funeral on Monday so I can keep my appointment with the surgeon on Tuesday. I am strangely relieved that I don't have to dread the phone call from the nursing home.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

joyner wrote:My Mom died late this afternoon. I was surprised that she went so fast. She had taken a turn for the worse on Thursday and went rapidly downhill. She was 90 and had been seeing her brothers and sisters, who had died years ago, for a couple of years. Hubby and I were with her. Daughter2 feels guilty that she didn't check her phone. I had txted her that her grandmother was going fast and that I would come get her if she wanted to be there. The current boy friend doesn't like her to txt so she hadn't checked her phone. (The bf is another story for another day). I hope we can have the funeral on Monday so I can keep my appointment with the surgeon on Tuesday. I am strangely relieved that I don't have to dread the phone call from the nursing home.

I am so sorry Joyner.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Mavyn

joyner wrote:My Mom died late this afternoon. I was surprised that she went so fast. She had taken a turn for the worse on Thursday and went rapidly downhill. She was 90 and had been seeing her brothers and sisters, who had died years ago, for a couple of years. Hubby and I were with her. Daughter2 feels guilty that she didn't check her phone. I had txted her that her grandmother was going fast and that I would come get her if she wanted to be there. The current boy friend doesn't like her to txt so she hadn't checked her phone. (The bf is another story for another day). I hope we can have the funeral on Monday so I can keep my appointment with the surgeon on Tesday. I am strangely relieved that I don't have to dread the phone call from the nursing home.

Nothing strange about it. Glad you were able to be there.

kdccrosby

joyner wrote:My Mom died late this afternoon. I was surprised that she went so fast. She had taken a turn for the worse on Thursday and went rapidly downhill. She was 90 and had been seeing her brothers and sisters, who had died years ago, for a couple of years. Hubby and I were with her. Daughter2 feels guilty that she didn't check her phone. I had txted her that her grandmother was going fast and that I would come get her if she wanted to be there. The current boy friend doesn't like her to txt so she hadn't checked her phone. (The bf is another story for another day). I hope we can have the funeral on Monday so I can keep my appointment with the surgeon on Tuesday. I am strangely relieved that I don't have to dread the phone call from the nursing home.

((hugs))

I'm so sorry for your loss Joyner. You and yours are in my thoughts and prayers

Iceback

kdccrosby wrote:ditto from me!!!

and me

Iceback

kdccrosby wrote:((hugs))

I'm so sorry for your loss Joyner. You and yours are in my thoughts and prayers

and also in mine. I am sorry for your loss.

klozitshoper

quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper

Joyner, I am so very sorry for your loss. No matter how old, frail, or ill, when we lose a parent, it is so very hard. My sympathies go out to you and yours.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 569 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

So sorry Joyner. Sending prayers for you and your family. Remind daughter 2 that she can still say her goodbyes and they will be heard.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

pooflady

Joyner, so sorry. I'm sure there's mixed emotions, but it sounds like she was ready.

pooflady

Night all. Tomorrow.

Iceback

Good morning all

AZGman

Mornin', folks.

Joyner, you and your family have my sincerest condolences.

Mavyn

Morning.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 569 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Yep, it's morning.

Addendum (7:40am): Gnite.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

joyner

Good morning everybody! Thanks, you guys are great. We go this afternoon to make arrangements.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Joyner, so sorry. I'm sure there's mixed emotions, but it sounds like she was ready.

Yes, I was thinking the same thing.

That does make a difference.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:Mornin', folks.

Joyner, you and your family have my sincerest condolences.

How are you doing today?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

joyner

dontwantaname wrote:Yes, I was thinking the same thing.

That does make a difference.

Yes, she was ready. She was 90 years old and had Alzheimer's for years. I don't think she recognized me for the last 2 or 3 years. She thought I was her sister for a while. It really upset her when I told her how old I was! She thought she was in college. She always recognized Daughter2. I am so relieved that she is in heaven and all healed up. She remembers all that fun stuff we did together. I had a really hard time visiting her in the nursing home. I felt guilty because I didn't go every day or even once a week. When she was still at home, I went to her house at least once a day and didn't mind it at all. I even coped well with her repetitious questions. The nursing home and her deteriorating condition totally wigged me out. OK I've confessed now!

AZGman

dontwantaname wrote:How are you doing today?

I'm doing okay; just relaxin'.

joyner

dontwantaname wrote:How are you doing today?

I'm doing fine. Cooked pancakes and sausages for breakfast.

I had lemonade and Evan Williams Cherry something or other last night. It is sweet but yummy. In fact it is way too good. It would be great in iced tea.

I really hope we can have the funeral tomorrow. I am so glad that my Mom's house is empty. I would hate to have to go through all her stuff now.

klozitshoper

quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper
joyner wrote:Yes, she was ready. She was 90 years old and had Alzheimer's for years. I don't think she recognized me for the last 2 or 3 years. She thought I was her sister for a while. It really upset her when I told her how old I was! She thought she was in college. She always recognized Daughter2. I am so relieved that she is in heaven and all healed up. She remembers all that fun stuff we did together. I had a really hard time visiting her in the nursing home. I felt guilty because I didn't go every day or even once a week. When she was still at home, I went to her house at least once a day and didn't mind it at all. I even coped well with her repetitious questions. The nursing home and her deteriorating condition totally wigged me out. OK I've confessed now!

Joyner, I totally understand the dementia/nursing facility scenario -both my step-father and then my husband were afflicted with this dreadful disease and it is awful to watch. There is a sense of relief for them, the patient, though that they are finally released from the prison of their mind and are on to a better place. I had not realized until after my husband died how completely wasted I really was. Hugs to you.

kdccrosby

joyner wrote:Yes, she was ready. She was 90 years old and had Alzheimer's for years. I don't think she recognized me for the last 2 or 3 years. She thought I was her sister for a while. It really upset her when I told her how old I was! She thought she was in college. She always recognized Daughter2. I am so relieved that she is in heaven and all healed up. She remembers all that fun stuff we did together. I had a really hard time visiting her in the nursing home. I felt guilty because I didn't go every day or even once a week. When she was still at home, I went to her house at least once a day and didn't mind it at all. I even coped well with her repetitious questions. The nursing home and her deteriorating condition totally wigged me out. OK I've confessed now!

completely understandable!

((hugs)) to you. HOw is Daughter 2 doing?

joyner

kdccrosby wrote:completely understandable!

((hugs)) to you. HOw is Daughter 2 doing?

She is fine. I took her back to the nursing home before they called the funeral home and she was able to tell her Grand Mother good bye. It seemed to make her feel much better. One of the last really coherent conversations we had with my Mom was several years ago before she went from the family care home to the nursing home. My Mom told Daughter2 that she was so happy when she found out we would be related and that she loved her all her life. Daughter2 is adopted and my Mom was like a kid in a candy store to have a grand baby. She always responded to her up until the last couple of months. I loved watching their relationship.

joyner

PM for Lynnie.

pooflady

joyner wrote:She is fine. I took her back to the nursing home before they called the funeral home and she was able to tell her Grand Mother good bye. It seemed to make her feel much better. One of the last really coherent conversations we had with my Mom was several years ago before she went from the family care home to the nursing home. My Mom told Daughter2 that she was so happy when she found out we would be related and that she loved her all her life. Daughter2 is adopted and my Mom was like a kid in a candy store to have a grand baby. She always responded to her up until the last couple of months. I loved watching their relationship.

That's really neat. //sniff//

pooflady

Kid, did you have your family meeting?

AZGman

Afternoon, folks.

pooflady

AZGman wrote:Afternoon, folks.

Hello.

Raining

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Raining
pooflady wrote:Hello.

Hi Poof,
I noticed on Facebook that you made
cheese balls. Would you give me your recipe for them. I would appreciate it.
I also left you a message on Facebook.
Thanks.

pooflady

Raining wrote:Hi Poof,
I noticed on Facebook that you made
cheese balls. Would you give me your recipe for them. I would appreciate it.
I also left you a message on Facebook.
Thanks.

Posted it on FB.