Mavyn


quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
j5 wrote:racist.

What's pinterest?



It's a web community where you can 'pin' things that interest you on a wall, to collect like items and share them. So, recipes, or local hikes, or pictures, or whatever.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

inkycatz


quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
Mavyn wrote:It's a web community where you can 'pin' things that interest you on a wall, to collect like items and share them. So, recipes, or local hikes, or pictures, or whatever.



Social media expert types claim it's the next 'hotness', but I only think that's because:
Unlike Twitter/G+, you don't have spambots (that might be due to it being invite only at the moment, but people seem to be into keeping it real/clean)- my default view is only people I know so it's not like I'll open it and see shock images or something awful
Unlike FB, it requires zero attention span and is drama free. "I saw a neat thing! *pin*"

It's just fun and brainless, really.

I will say one thing I've learned is that I have a lot more in common with certain people than I realized, just by what they pin or like. That's pretty neat.

I'm just hanging out, really.

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

I may or may not be lurking again, but at least I have my laptop up and running again! I even wrote a blog post about it. So there.

I've been thinking about pintrest, I don't know... I got on goodreads finally, that's enough for now (I've been wanting a place to organize my books and get suggestions for a while, not thrilled with the suggestions, but I don't have "all" my books loaded either.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

Mavyn


quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
inkycatz wrote:Social media expert types claim it's the next 'hotness', but I only think that's because:
Unlike Twitter/G+, you don't have spambots (that might be due to it being invite only at the moment, but people seem to be into keeping it real/clean)- my default view is only people I know so it's not like I'll open it and see shock images or something awful
Unlike FB, it requires zero attention span and is drama free. "I saw a neat thing! *pin*"

It's just fun and brainless, really.

I will say one thing I've learned is that I have a lot more in common with certain people than I realized, just by what they pin or like. That's pretty neat.



I've heard good things regarding sharing pictures and recipes.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

inkycatz


quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
Mavyn wrote:I've heard good things regarding sharing pictures and recipes.



It's all good until you realize, "I have so many new things I want to make and no time!"

I now have more nutella recipes than I probably ought to though.

I'm just hanging out, really.

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
inkycatz wrote:Social media expert types claim it's the next 'hotness', but I only think that's because:
Unlike Twitter/G+, you don't have spambots (that might be due to it being invite only at the moment, but people seem to be into keeping it real/clean)- my default view is only people I know so it's not like I'll open it and see shock images or something awful



how do they generate revenue? ads?

Mavyn


quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
no1 wrote:how do they generate revenue? ads?



There's some controversy to that, actually. Link swaps.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

inkycatz


quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
Mavyn wrote:There's some controversy to that, actually. Link swaps.


Not disclosing stuff to users is a bit icky. But then, I'm not there to make money and just share stuff so it doesn't affect me quite as much.

I'm just hanging out, really.

Mavyn


quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

Yeah, I don't think it's a big deal other than for those who posts links to their own products and then get fouled up in the affiliate restrictions. They might need to prove they didn't post the affiliate link themselves...but doesn't affect me either. It's good to see a startup that is already planning to make money--too many really good communities fail for lack of funding.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

Mavyn


quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

And for those who don't venture over to World of Shirt.Woot...




From The Last Cupcake . I don't know who made them, friend posted the pic on facebook.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

inkycatz


quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
Mavyn wrote:And for those who don't venture over to World of Shirt.Woot...


That is so cool. SO COOL.

I'm just hanging out, really.

j5


quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
Mavyn wrote:And for those who don't venture over to World of Shirt.Woot...


http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lyhwto3ZXx1ronpwqo1_500.jpg

From The Last Cupcake . I don't know who made them, friend posted the pic on facebook.

pretty sweet. Is that part of the competition for which you were baking pie?

move along

Mavyn


quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
j5 wrote:pretty sweet. Is that part of the competition for which you were baking pie?



Nope, not related. While the cupcakes are cute--that pic wouldn't make the grade for the contest. Contest was more about technique than content. Baking was selected in the hopes of providing good color contrast, and mostly failed because the cherries baked up very dark red, not bright and flashy.

Guess I should go see if any is left...

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

dougall


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dougall
Mavyn wrote:Guess I should go see if any is left...



The average office will scarf down maxwell house coffee and Wal*Mart cookies..

you'd better be upset if there is any left.

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Afternoon, folks.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

screwed up



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

Mavyn


quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
dougall wrote:The average office will scarf down maxwell house coffee and Wal*Mart cookies..

you'd better be upset if there is any left.



If I put them in the break room, yes. They were hidden from the masses, about 6 people knew of them.

So four left is impressive.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Kindle users, help.

Go to Amazon
Kindle Store
Type in Simon Said
Click on Prime Members

Now, how do I get this book for free? When I click on Prime Members, it says it's going to cost .99. Not that that's a big deal, but it also says I can read it free.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
pooflady wrote:Kindle users, help.

Go to Amazon
Kindle Store
Type in Simon Said
Click on Prime Members

Now, how do I get this book for free? When I click on Prime Members, it says it's going to cost .99. Not that that's a big deal, but it also says I can read it free.



i'm not a kindle user, but i think you can borrow it from the lending library.

how to borrow from the kindle lending liberry

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
no1 wrote:i'm not a kindle user, but i think you can borrow it from the lending library.

how to borrow from the kindle lending liberry



Thank you. Still had some trouble, but got it figured out. Sucks that you can only borrow one book a MONTH!



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

dougall


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dougall
Mavyn wrote:If I put them in the break room, yes. They were hidden from the masses, about 6 people knew of them.

So four left is impressive.



you secreted them in someone's drawers? no wonder there were some left!

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
dougall wrote:you secreted them in someone's drawers? no wonder there were some left!



i like to secrete on people's drawers.

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
pooflady wrote:Thank you. Still had some trouble, but got it figured out. Sucks that you can only borrow one book a MONTH!



they are trying to make a buck here and there.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:What the h are you talking about?




There were a ton of versions of this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bL2Ofz5UCk

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

g'night. folks.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

dougall


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dougall
no1 wrote:i like to secrete on people's drawers.



that would be why we have the internet... it helps to keep likeminded people in touch.


someone else can debate its military roots.

Mavyn


quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
dougall wrote:that would be why we have the internet... it helps to keep likeminded people in touch.


someone else can debate its military roots.



Who is touching what?!

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

dougall


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dougall
Mavyn wrote:Who is touching what?!



LOOK!!!


a baked good.

kdccrosby


quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
Mavyn wrote:Anyone still have pinterest invites available?



I saw you got one. Sorry I didn't check earlier.

Pinterest - my obsession

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
dougall wrote:LOOK!!!


a baked good.



//drool//



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

kdccrosby


quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
pooflady wrote://drool//



ditto - and that is what is hard about pinterest. People posting pretty pics of all kinds of yummy foods. Desserts and stuff that I can't eat right now.

but I pin some of them for later.

Iceback


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback

sure....tempt the diabetic guy


New glasses ordered....something "out of the box" (for me at least) this time.

In the end only kindness matters

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

http://youheardthatnew.com/2012/02/video-new-york-giants-i-got-a-ring-he-got-one-too/

I wonder if they calmed down yet?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

j5


quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
dougall wrote:LOOK!!!


a baked good.


Goram!
I'm in love with somebody.
Also, marvelous shot, simply bril!

move along

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
pooflady wrote:Thank you. Still had some trouble, but got it figured out. Sucks that you can only borrow one book a MONTH!



I do hope they rethink that, it's a nice perk for prime members, if you remember each month to use it, but for just under $7 a month... it's not going to justify it if you don't use the other prime features.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
kdccrosby wrote:ditto - and that is what is hard about pinterest. People posting pretty pics of all kinds of yummy foods. Desserts and stuff that I can't eat right now.

but I pin some of them for later.



I read a weight control article that said food lingerie (beautiful pictures of food on the internet) was a leading contributor to over-eating.

Now I think I need to go make something sweet...

(In all seriousness the cherry bars look gorgeous and I love the deep red from the real cherries.)

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

kdccrosby


quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
KtCallista wrote:I read a weight control article that said food lingerie (beautiful pictures of food on the internet) was a leading contributor to over-eating.

Now I think I need to go make something sweet...

(In all seriousness the cherry bars look gorgeous and I love the deep red from the real cherries.)



the good news is that there are a ton of websites to make 'healthier' sweets. much lower in fat / calories, etc. So I can find stuff to make if I really really need a true dessert, and not fruit or yogurt or something

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
kdccrosby wrote:the good news is that there are a ton of websites to make 'healthier' sweets. much lower in fat / calories, etc. So I can find stuff to make if I really really need a true dessert, and not fruit or yogurt or something



Fruit is good, but it's the wrong season for it. Old fruit that's been sitting in warehouses is not so good.

If I didn't have such a love for baked goods I'd be a lot better off, that and chocolate. Did I mention the kids at school are selling chocolate bars AND girl scout cookies. Right now I'm telling them all no. It's a really good thing I don't carry cash, ever!

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Night all. Tomorrow.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

Raining


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Raining

Good Morning Gman
Good Morning Czar
Good Morning Gatzby
Good Morning Cruzer
Good Morning GEG
Good Morning Suarez
Good Morning mwiseman
Good Morning PBL
Good Morning Dr. J
Good Morning STLW
Good Morning KT
Good Morning Don't
Good Morning Lynnie
Good Morning Mavyn
Good Morning klozitshope
Good Morning no1
Good Morning Ice
Good Morning Ace
Good Morning Poof
Good Morning Callista
Good Morning Orc
Good Morning kdcrosby
Good Morning Jcubed
Good Morning Zea3
Good Morning gwp
Good Morning Turken
Good Morning dougall
Good Morning j5
Good Morning inkycatz
Good Morning joyner
Good Morning ThunderThighs
Good Morning lplady
Good Morning tennbeekeeper
Good Morning baby bee
Good Morning Ken
Good Morning Aras
Good Morning to everyone else