dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

KtCallista wrote:Happy Friday all!

Congrats TT on your 50K!

Note to self: get dname a post count present...

Yay weekend!

Inky - are you still involved with GGC?

At 60,000 I will gladly accept gifts. A sticker drawn on a post it note would be good!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

KtCallista

quality posts: 32 Private Messages KtCallista
j5 wrote://checks calendar
Yep, it's still 2012.

//boggle.

Yeah, I can kinda see it for a little bit, the intra-office collaboration, but a good chat program and a team that regularly uses it more than makes up for it. It's like the changes that just happened with Orc's job. It was going great having a world-wide team, but because of a federal grant they had to form a "local" office and cut back all the team members who couldn't make it to the office.

Time will tell, but I feel that makes it more of a loss. But then, when we pulled our NY team to meet with our PNW team we had a couple weeks where we were way more productive than any other time. That might have been just because we were all focused on it while NY was here.

Thanks so much Secret Santa!!

KtCallista

dontwantaname wrote:At 60,000 I will gladly accept gifts. A sticker drawn on a post it note would be good!

I think I'm almost as bad as cruzer about shipping things, so don't hold your breath.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

Well Damn.

G'night.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

KtCallista

Mavyn wrote:Well Damn.

G'night.

I'd gladly mod from home as well. I am modding on Orc's game, I used to mod for a different site.... we'll see if we end up there yet.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
j5 wrote://checks calendar
Yep, it's still 2012.

//boggle.

not sure if this is still true, but supposedly every state in which amazon had employees, they were supposed to charge sales tax on stuff they sold. employing people in many states besides hq could negate some of their price advantage.

Raining

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Raining

Good Morning Gman
Good Morning Czar
Good Morning Gatzby
Good Morning Cruzer
Good Morning GEG
Good Morning Suarez
Good Morning mwiseman
Good Morning PBL
Good Morning Josephus
Good Morning STLW
Good Morning KT
Good Morning Don't
Good Morning Lynn
Good Morning Mavyn
Good Morning klozitshope
Good Morning no1
Good Morning Ice
Good Morning Ace
Good Morning Poof
Good Morning Callista
Good Morning Orc
Good Morning kdcrosby
Good Morning Jcubed
Good Morning Zea3
Good Morning gwp
Good Morning Turken
Good Morning dougall
Good Morning j5
Good Morning inkycatz
Good Morning joyner
Good Morning ThunderThighs
Good Morning lplady
Good Morning tennbeekeeper
Good Morning baby bee
Good Morning Ken
Good Morning Aras
Good Morning to everyone else

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
Raining wrote:Good Morning no1

have a grate weekend raining!

Raining

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Raining
no1 wrote:have a grate weekend raining!

Thanks no1

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback

Good morning Rain and all who follow.
Why am I up @ 3 a.m. when I don't have to be?

In the end only kindness matters

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Good morning everybody! Going back to bed.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

Morning.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Mornin', folks.

Mega-laundry weekend.

joy.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Good morning all.

AZGman

pooflady wrote:Good morning all.

Mornin'. Feelin' any better?

Lynnzoi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lynnzoi

mornin kidds

wow...the ground is white here. scary.

AZGman

Lynnzoi wrote:mornin kidds

wow...the ground is white here. scary.

Hiya kiddo! Been a weird February here, weather-wise.

Lynnzoi

AZGman wrote:Hiya kiddo! Been a weird February here, weather-wise.

mornin AZ!

sure has been...been a whole weird winter. No snow. Our total snowfall this winter has been negligible. Today's is less than an inch. Was in the 50's last week. Hardly worth ownin a Jeep this winter...no 'fun' driving at all!

AZGman

Lynnzoi wrote:mornin AZ!

sure has been...been a whole weird winter. No snow. Our total snowfall this winter has been negligible. Today's is less than an inch. Was in the 50's last week. Hardly worth ownin a Jeep this winter...no 'fun' driving at all!

It's not too late, but time's winding down.

Just hope this doesn't mean a stupidly hot summer!

Lynnzoi

AZGman wrote:It's not too late, but time's winding down.

Just hope this doesn't mean a stupidly hot summer!

yeah, there is always the possibility of a big storm in March. One thing it will mean is another horrible tick year up here. yip-pee.

pooflady

pooflady wrote:Good morning all.

Well, I have a cold, but the cold chills part of it is over, which is good. Now it's just a stuffed-up head and some coughing.

Lynnzoi

pooflady wrote:Well, I have a cold, but the cold chills part of it is over, which is good. Now it's just a stuffed-up head and some coughing.

mornin....sorry to hear ya got the crud.

AZGman

pooflady wrote:Well, I have a cold, but the cold chills part of it is over, which is good. Now it's just a stuffed-up head and some coughing.

Decongestants helping?

AZGman

Lynnzoi wrote:yeah, there is always the possibility of a big storm in March. One thing it will mean is another horrible tick year up here. yip-pee.

Sorry; I left to put clothes in the dryer and then clean a toilet - using the k'time method!!

Lynnzoi

AZGman wrote:Sorry; I left to put clothes in the dryer and then clean a toilet - using the k'time method!!

atta boy

I can't even get my keester up offa the couch to go get a refill of coffee...got a cat snuggled under the blanket up next to me and a crappyasscockerspaniel on my lap

AZGman

Lynnzoi wrote:atta boy

I can't even get my keester up offa the couch to go get a refill of coffee...got a cat snuggled under the blanket up next to me and a crappyasscockerspaniel on my lap

poor you!!!

How's the newly visioned pooch?

Lynnzoi

AZGman wrote:poor you!!!

How's the newly visioned pooch?

doing pretty well Vision is improving steadily. Had to take him to work with me on Tues cuz he had a recheck appt with the doggy eye doc....he was like a kid in a candy store at the clinic now that he can see again. Investigating all the corners, and when he saw my boss he went bonkers and started barking and carrying on

AZGman

Lynnzoi wrote:doing pretty well Vision is improving steadily. Had to take him to work with me on Tues cuz he had a recheck appt with the doggy eye doc....he was like a kid in a candy store at the clinic now that he can see again. Investigating all the corners, and when he saw my boss he went bonkers and started barking and carrying on

Gotta love a happy camper!!

Lynnzoi

AZGman wrote:Gotta love a happy camper!!

yepperz....I gots my goofy Moey back

now to figure out whats wrong with Joey - gots a lump on the right side of his butt that needle aspirates show funkiness. And this weather is wreaking havoc with his allergies - is scratching incessantly. Is on steroids and antihistamines but not doin much. damn animals....gonna send em all to the shelter!

AZGman

Lynnzoi wrote:yepperz....I gots my goofy Moey back

now to figure out whats wrong with Joey - gots a lump on the right side of his butt that needle aspirates show funkiness. And this weather is wreaking havoc with his allergies - is scratching incessantly. Is on steroids and antihistamines but not doin much. damn animals....gonna send em all to the shelter!

Of course you are!!

Lynnzoi

AZGman wrote:Of course you are!!

yup...gettin the carriers out as we speak

sheez....just readin the article about Santorum pissin off the Dutch. Love reading the comments under the article...one person posted 'Do you know how hard it is to piss off the Dutch??'

AZGman

Lynnzoi wrote:yup...gettin the carriers out as we speak

sheez....just readin the article about Santorum pissin off the Dutch. Love reading the comments under the article...one person posted 'Do you know how hard it is to piss off the Dutch??'

Who cares? He's not running for president in Netherlands.

AZGman

Headed out to the cleaners.

ciao 4 niao!!

Lynnzoi

AZGman wrote:Who cares? He's not running for president in Netherlands.

then why is he flapping his lips about forced euthanasia over there? not even true....

damn...I forgot I was gonna go pick up my new glasses today. Thank goodness they are there until til 2

Lynnzoi

AZGman wrote:Headed out to the cleaners.

ciao 4 niao!!

toodles poodles!

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

It got windy last night. I heard the wind and told Rusty it was time for the peepee walk. Open the door and there was a huge flash in the sky. Then no power.
Did the peepee walk.
One block west of us was fine, but it looked like a big area north south and east were dark.

Called the power co. Spent 5 minutes talking to their computer. Finally found out they knew and would be fixed by 2am.

Got power before that, but the morning traffic said there were still power lines down on the main road just north of us.

That was the excitement of the day.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Awwww that is cool. Yeah big red dog!

klozitshoper

quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper

Hi everyone. Feel much better Poof.

Son in law news - seems odd to be glad that someone is going to be able to go on chemo, but as you know, he has not been able to do so for a couple of months due to high liver counts, was losing a tremendous amount of weight, and was in a lot of pain. Things are looking up in that chemo can start again in a week (hope all of the necessary scans will not disclose new growth), pain in under control, and his appetite is back and he has gained 10 lbs. Yeah. Oh, yes, being happy about weight gain is another oddity to me but in these circumstances . . . .

Thank you one and all for your good thoughts and prayers for him. His prognosis is still the same, but hopefully, he will have a quality of life that will enable him to go and do and feel pretty well again. I am very grateful for your good wishes and so is he.

pooflady

klozitshoper wrote:Hi everyone. Feel much better Poof.

Son in law news - seems odd to be glad that someone is going to be able to go on chemo, but as you know, he has not been able to do so for a couple of months due to high liver counts, was losing a tremendous amount of weight, and was in a lot of pain. Things are looking up in that chemo can start again in a week (hope all of the necessary scans will not disclose new growth), pain in under control, and his appetite is back and he has gained 10 lbs. Yeah. Oh, yes, being happy about weight gain is another oddity to me but in these circumstances . . . .

Thank you one and all for your good thoughts and prayers for him. His prognosis is still the same, but hopefully, he will have a quality of life that will enable him to go and do and feel pretty well again. I am very grateful for your good wishes and so is he.

Good news.

kdccrosby

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
no1 wrote:not sure if this is still true, but supposedly every state in which amazon had employees, they were supposed to charge sales tax on stuff they sold. employing people in many states besides hq could negate some of their price advantage.

I would expect Amazon to begin charging taxes in more states in the near future. They are cutting deals with some of the states.

And yes, having a direct employee can definitely cause nexus for them - and therefore the need to charge tax.