inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
AZGman wrote:I love pot pies - as long as they have crust all around.

That's the one true way!

klozitshoper wrote:There was a kid in my high school class named John Carter. Are you going? Or are you having a pot pie, or both? You need to eat before you go, though. Hope you are feeling better. If not, chicken pot pie is close to chicken soup.

Probably just going to curl up with the cat and eat some supremely good potpie and watch some tv. You know that stage where you're feeling just a little better so you totally overdo things and then feel twice as worse the next day? I'm really bad at that. So I'm going to try something new and not do that. Heh.

I'm just hanging out, really.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
AZGman wrote:I love pot pies - as long as they have crust all around.

LOL - And I don't like pot pies because of all the crust!

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

pooflady

joyner wrote:TT How sad for son and ex's family. So much loss in such a short amount of time.

Poof, I made biscuits this morning do they count as baking?

I feel just about back to normal or as normal as I can! The surgery was not painful. My back hurt because of the angle of bed. My back hurt worse than the surgery. My throat has been sore but is much better today. The tape was much more aggravating than the incision.

Daughter2 is applying for a part time job at the day care center she attended.

Biscuits count.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

pooflady

We're having sausage link/mashed potato/green bean casserole. Found this recipe 30 years ago in a Reader's Digest and, lo and behold, both kids liked it. Also cheese.

inkycatz

no1 wrote:i think i've had "pot pie" that looks like some sort of stew with a crusty block of something dropped in the middle. didn't like it that way.

Your pot pie was broken and incorrect. Sorry!

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
inkycatz wrote:Your pot pie was broken and incorrect. Sorry!

Nuffin' worse then a busticated and erroneous pot pie!!

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
inkycatz wrote:Probably just going to curl up with the cat and eat some supremely good potpie and watch some tv. You know that stage where you're feeling just a little better so you totally overdo things and then feel twice as worse the next day? I'm really bad at that. So I'm going to try something new and not do that. Heh.

Sounds like a really great plan.

pot pie is far superior to chicken soup.

A good crust can really make the pie all come together (and it had better go all the way around!)

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

Mavyn

quality posts: 23 Private Messages Mavyn

Stew with crust in the middle sounds like some sort of dumpling.

Dinner was good. Now off to crimewatchers.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Nighty-night, folks.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

KtCallista

AZGman wrote:Nighty-night, folks.

Rest well, they say it's Friday tomorrow.

inkycatz

AZGman wrote:Nighty-night, folks.

See you tomorrow!

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
dontwantaname wrote:4:15 central? Why are you up at 4:15?

'cause I got to sleep in today

In the end only kindness matters

KtCallista

Iceback wrote:'cause I got to sleep in today

and did you enjoy it?

Iceback

KtCallista wrote:and did you enjoy it?

I thought I was going to but I am getting the crud my work partner who insisted on coming to work sick was kind enough to share with me

KtCallista

Iceback wrote:I thought I was but I am getting the crud my work partner whi insisted on coming to work sick was kind enough to share with me

that right there is the #1 reason I prefer to work from home. I catch EVERYTHING and get it 10X worse and longer than the people that give it to me. My boss at the game agency seriously used to call me Typhoid (my real name -which is not Mary) because I had to take so many sick days after I started commuting. When I worked from home I was rarely sick.

I am a HUGE proponent of people staying home when they are contagious even if it's just a little cold.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
KtCallista wrote:My boss at the game agency seriously used to call me Typhoid (my real name -which is not Mary)

your real name is typhoid, not mary. got it.

Iceback

KtCallista wrote:that right there is the #1 reason I prefer to work from home. I catch EVERYTHING and get it 10X worse and longer than the people that give it to me. My boss at the game agency seriously used to call me Typhoid (my real name -which is not Mary) because I had to take so many sick days after I started commuting. When I worked from home I was rarely sick.

I am a HUGE proponent of people staying home when they are contagious even if it's just a little cold.

Oh he took TODAY off...after snotting, coughing and sneezing all over me in confinded spaces all week.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Mother in law told me she got a phone call.
The person said Hi Grandma.
(there are 15 grandkids)
She said hi and then the kid told her a story about how he was in California with his friends and got arrested. They were pulled over and there was drugs in the rental car.
She asked who he was.
He said your oldest grandson. (who would be Son,but the next one is only 6 months younger, so she wasn't sure)
She asked his name and he hung up.

Father in law knew it was a scam as soon as she told him.

I guess you should remind the old folks about this scam. I heard of it.
Kids call, say they need money because they are away from home and in trouble.

It upset my mother in law. Not father in law. But if she was a widow, she might have fallen for it. Except the grandparents are pretty low on the list of relatives we would call for money.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Oh, some bagel combo son made up has been picked up by Panera.
So I guess you can order it.

He gets no credit or money, just an email saying they were using it.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

KtCallista wrote:that right there is the #1 reason I prefer to work from home. I catch EVERYTHING and get it 10X worse and longer than the people that give it to me. My boss at the game agency seriously used to call me Typhoid (my real name -which is not Mary) because I had to take so many sick days after I started commuting. When I worked from home I was rarely sick.

They gave awards for perfect attendance at school.
My daughters friend got it for middle and high school (the infamous Amy of Natalie Portman fame)
Yeah, she never missed a day, but daughter and her friends did!
They caught every virus the girl had.

Stupid award. You know nobody works in a school and never gets sick.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
dontwantaname wrote:They gave awards for perfect attendance at school.
My daughters friend got it for middle and high school (the infamous Amy of Natalie Portman fame)

while i was reading the first half of that sentence i was saying to myself "i bet that was amy, the little b****."

KtCallista

dontwantaname wrote:They gave awards for perfect attendance at school.
Yeah, she never missed a day, but daughter and her friends did!
They caught every virus the girl had.

Stupid award. You know nobody works in a school and never gets sick.

I have a friend who one the perfect attendance lifetime award as a senior in high school, never missed a day since Kindergarten. He sat in class with some really nasty colds and a crate of tissues. Teachers would actually let kids move so they didn't have to be next to him while he was sick. My AP English teacher worked out that the cut-off for the award would pass before senior skip, she ordered him to go, or she would mark him absent.

Our school doesn't have attendance awards.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:while i was reading the first half of that sentence i was saying to myself "i bet that was amy, the little b****."

LOL

It was just that her family was really weird when someone got something their kids didn't.
Like a movie roll.
She totally stopped talking to Daughter when daughter got into the special art class in senior year.
You had to audition for it and it was 3 periods a day, every day.
Only 30 kids. Took freshman through senior
None of that families kids made it in. They actually tried to get the program shut down.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

KtCallista

dontwantaname wrote:LOL

It was just that her family was really weird when someone got something their kids didn't.
Like a movie roll.
She totally stopped talking to Daughter when daughter got into the special art class in senior year.
You had to audition for it and it was 3 periods a day, every day.
Only 30 kids. Took freshman through senior
None of that families kids made it in. They actually tried to get the program shut down.

Sounds like some parents who desperately needed to learn that the world does not revolve around them.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

KtCallista wrote:Sounds like some parents who desperately needed to learn that the world does not revolve around them.

Stac was weird. All the art kids wanted in.
Daughter didn't bother trying until senior year.

Here is a NY Times article from 2000

ONE is a sound engineer with his own studio in Manhattan who just signed a contract with Disney for the use of a song he wrote for the show ''Who Wants To Be a Millionaire.'' Another received an Emmy Award last month for a PBS documentary series, ''The Souls of New York.'' Another was the first cameraman/ steadicam operator for the film ''Titanic.'' Another produced the first season of ''Once and Again'' for ABC in Los Angeles.

They are among the 160 former students, now playwrights, creative directors, publicists, choreographers, set designers, film editors, actors, teachers, lawyers and doctors, who gathered in Manhattan on June 9 to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the Student Television Arts Company

Conceived and run by Ron DeMaio, STAC is the first and only program on Long Island to offer a school within a school that devotes the last third of the school day to enhancing skills in art, dance, drama, music, voice and writing. Thirty-six students from grades 9 through 12, selected by audition before an independent panel of professional artists, choose to give up lunch, free periods and electives to participate.

But those who have been part of the program said it had done far more than merely develop arts skills.

''Our goal in 1980 was to create a program that used the arts as a vehicle to develop human beings with a real respect for learning,'' said Charlotte Podolsky, former director of pupil personnel services of the school district. ''The result after two decades is 346 independent thinkers who are not afraid to march to their own drummer.''

Mr. DeMaio said: ''The program is unique in that all the arts work together to write, direct, film and edit original video productions. We hire staff outside the district five times a year for four sessions in each discipline, but the rest of the time we're problem-solving, collaborating and improvising. We learn about being generous. What we unlearn is that mistakes are bad. By supplying a safety net of support, kids learn that no matter what you do, nobody's going to laugh.''

''I use everything I learned in STAC every day,'' said Kristina Testani, a 1988 graduate who studied art in the program. ''Working with a special-needs preschool population in Whitestone, my goal is to be what Mr. DeMaio is: a firm but kind, structured yet flexible, endlessly creative and energetic teacher.''

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

KtCallista

dontwantaname wrote:Stac was weird. All the art kids wanted in.
Daughter didn't bother trying until senior year.

Here is a NY Times article from 2000

ONE is a sound engineer with his own studio in Manhattan who just signed a contract with Disney for the use of a song he wrote for the show ''Who Wants To Be a Millionaire.'' Another received an Emmy Award last month for a PBS documentary series, ''The Souls of New York.'' Another was the first cameraman/ steadicam operator for the film ''Titanic.'' Another produced the first season of ''Once and Again'' for ABC in Los Angeles.

They are among the 160 former students, now playwrights, creative directors, publicists, choreographers, set designers, film editors, actors, teachers, lawyers and doctors, who gathered in Manhattan on June 9 to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the Student Television Arts Company

Conceived and run by Ron DeMaio, STAC is the first and only program on Long Island to offer a school within a school that devotes the last third of the school day to enhancing skills in art, dance, drama, music, voice and writing. Thirty-six students from grades 9 through 12, selected by audition before an independent panel of professional artists, choose to give up lunch, free periods and electives to participate.

But those who have been part of the program said it had done far more than merely develop arts skills.

''Our goal in 1980 was to create a program that used the arts as a vehicle to develop human beings with a real respect for learning,'' said Charlotte Podolsky, former director of pupil personnel services of the school district. ''The result after two decades is 346 independent thinkers who are not afraid to march to their own drummer.''

Mr. DeMaio said: ''The program is unique in that all the arts work together to write, direct, film and edit original video productions. We hire staff outside the district five times a year for four sessions in each discipline, but the rest of the time we're problem-solving, collaborating and improvising. We learn about being generous. What we unlearn is that mistakes are bad. By supplying a safety net of support, kids learn that no matter what you do, nobody's going to laugh.''

''I use everything I learned in STAC every day,'' said Kristina Testani, a 1988 graduate who studied art in the program. ''Working with a special-needs preschool population in Whitestone, my goal is to be what Mr. DeMaio is: a firm but kind, structured yet flexible, endlessly creative and energetic teacher.''

Cool. sounds a lot more useful than the last half of the day I had while I was in high school.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

KtCallista wrote:Cool. sounds a lot more useful than the last half of the day I had while I was in high school.

You got to cut for music class. One day for instrument and one for chorus

Daughters problem was she was a senior. Very few kids only do it for 1 year.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

Annoyed - there's a couple of books I'd like to download to my Kindle, but it's much cheaper to buy the paperbacks with free shipping.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Annoyed - there's a couple of books I'd like to download to my Kindle, but it's much cheaper to buy the paperbacks with free shipping.

Buy the book then take a picture of each page and put it on you kindle

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

I googled stac because I remember a different nytimes article about it.
Found one from 10 year before.
Still not the one I was looking for.

The teacher retired the year after daughter. It is different now.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

KtCallista

pooflady wrote:Annoyed - there's a couple of books I'd like to download to my Kindle, but it's much cheaper to buy the paperbacks with free shipping.

That really annoys me too! I'd rather have Kindle than paperback, but they don't seem to bring the Kindle price down and you can't even do a proper swap or sell the Kindle books, making the paperbacks have a higher monetary value. I'm hoping the system gets better as publishers realize that Kindle is not the enemy.

pooflady

We're supposed to get really nasty weather tomorrow afternoon, moderate risk of tornadoes.

kdccrosby

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby

Sad.

Just got call from step-mom. Her best friend died after diving in Grand Cayman today. They think a massive coronary.

She was probably the single biggest non-family influence in my life. Career mentor and the reason I majored in accounting. She was family to me.

My heart is broken.

pooflady

kdccrosby wrote:Sad.

Just got call from step-mom. Her best friend died after diving in Grand Cayman today. They think a massive coronary.

She was probably the single biggest non-family influence in my life. Career mentor and the reason I majored in accounting. She was family to me.

My heart is broken.

I'm so sorry, Kid. Thinking of you. (((hugs)))

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 620 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

My heart is broken.

So sorry, KdC.

To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

My heart is broken.

So sorry.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

kdccrosby

Thanks guys. I'm at somewhat of a loss at the moment.

pooflady

kdccrosby wrote:Thanks guys. I'm at somewhat of a loss at the moment.

There's nothing you can do, but you feel like you should. And you wish someone else was there with you. Can you go to step-mom's?

kdccrosby

pooflady wrote:There's nothing you can do, but you feel like you should. And you wish someone else was there with you. Can you go to step-mom's?

step mom is the one who lives in Costa Rica. She is completely torn up. I wish I could be there to hug her.

I'm going to try and get some sleep. I am waiting to call her kids tomorrow. It's late and I can't talk to them yet without a big sob. Hopefully tomorrow will be better and I can be strong for others.

pooflady

kdccrosby wrote:step mom is the one who lives in Costa Rica. She is completely torn up. I wish I could be there to hug her.

I'm going to try and get some sleep. I am waiting to call her kids tomorrow. It's late and I can't talk to them yet without a big sob. Hopefully tomorrow will be better and I can be strong for others.

Sorry, I got mom and step-mom mixed up.