dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:"parents" - using the term loosely.

Drunk and old enough to go to jail.

As for parents, both father in law and my brother in laws dad would beat the crap out of the boys when they got caught. Didn't matter.

But usually today kids don;t run free like they did in the 60's.

BIL had to cops come to the door because he and his friend sawed off the head of a parking meter to steal the change.
Needless to say someone saw them.
Cops left as the dad was taking off his belt to whip them. Cop said, "I see everything is under control here"

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

The kids had to pay for repairs. I testified against them. The highlight:

"Can you identify the rock that hit your car?"

"No, the rock that hit my car is not here."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes the rock that hit my car was rounder, white, and had a flattened spot where it hit the road."

"Ok, but COULD it have been one of these rocks?"

"Um, sure?"

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
Mavyn wrote:The kids had to pay for repairs. I testified against them. The highlight:

"Can you identify the rock that hit your car?"

"No, the rock that hit my car is not here."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes the rock that hit my car was rounder, white, and had a flattened spot where it hit the road."

"Ok, but COULD it have been one of these rocks?"

"Um, sure?"

Good grief!

Was thee a sentence?

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Good afternoon, folks.

Had some snow this morning; took three hours to drop an inch of; Took 40 minutes for it to melt.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:Good afternoon, folks.

Had some snow this morning; took three hours to drop an inch of; Took 40 minutes for it to melt.

Hubby wanted me to put the snow shovels back in the garage.
Nope.
Put them back in the basement.
Maybe in april I'll put them back.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
AZGman wrote:Good afternoon, folks.

Snow is not a very efficient form of weather.

I'm just hanging out, really.

pooflady

Does it really save toner to print in grayscale? Just wondering because it doesn't look any different.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

AZGman

pooflady wrote:Does it really save toner to print in grayscale? Just wondering because it doesn't look any different.

Generally speaking, printing in grayscale only saves if you want to print a color image to check some factor like composition before printing in color. If you're just printing b/w documents, it's not likely saving toner because it interprets the letters/numbers at the darkest scale of gray, i.e. black.

Mavyn

pooflady wrote:Good grief!

Was thee a sentence?

Just damages and community service.

pooflady

AZGman wrote:Generally speaking, printing in grayscale only saves if you want to print a color image to check some factor like composition before printing in color. If you're just printing b/w documents, it's not likely saving toner because it interprets the letters/numbers at the darkest scale of gray, i.e. black.

Geez, all these years I've been printing jobs in grayscale thinking I was saving toner.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
pooflady wrote:Geez, all these years I've been printing jobs in grayscale thinking I was saving toner.

I didn't know either if that helps.

(Of course I next to never print things out, so.)

I'm just hanging out, really.

AZGman

pooflady wrote:Geez, all these years I've been printing jobs in grayscale thinking I was saving toner.

If you saved, I suspect it was minimal.

AZGman

AZGman wrote:If you saved, I suspect it was minimal.

I may be wrong; hafta wait for the sharpshooters to weigh in.

Mavyn

Yep. Greyscale printing only saves if you're using that instead of printing in color, and then it save because black cartridges are cheaper than color.

dougall

quality posts: 14 Private Messages dougall

the fonts designed to save ink will do so, but that is it as far as I know.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

I have no idea.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Lynnzoi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lynnzoi

just got home to a fountain and newly-formed lake in my basement. Outgoing pipe from the hot water tank came apart (the fountain) and heaven only knows how long it gushed. Lovely lake filling my entire downstairs. Already talked to insurance company and have a call in to a water removal/restoration service. There ain't enough towels in this house to deal with that amount of water.

what a royal pita. gonna hafta pull up flooring and carpet in 2 rooms down there.

yikes...guy just called me...he is on a job south of Albany and will be here around midnight. Can't believe they don't have someone closer!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Lynnzoi wrote:just got home to a fountain and newly-formed lake in my basement. Outgoing pipe from the hot water tank came apart (the fountain) and heaven only knows how long it gushed. Lovely lake filling my entire downstairs. Already talked to insurance company and have a call in to a water removal/restoration service. There ain't enough towels in this house to deal with that amount of water.

what a royal pita. gonna hafta pull up flooring and carpet in 2 rooms down there.

yikes...guy just called me...he is on a job south of Albany and will be here around midnight. Can't believe they don't have someone closer!

Can you shut off the water coming into the house?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Lynnzoi

dontwantaname wrote:Can you shut off the water coming into the house?

oh, I shut the water off to the tank already, and can shut the well pump down if necessary.

pooflady

Lynnzoi wrote:just got home to a fountain and newly-formed lake in my basement. Outgoing pipe from the hot water tank came apart (the fountain) and heaven only knows how long it gushed. Lovely lake filling my entire downstairs. Already talked to insurance company and have a call in to a water removal/restoration service. There ain't enough towels in this house to deal with that amount of water.

Yikes! This is going to hurt the wallet. Any of the doggies like to swim?

Lynnzoi

pooflady wrote:Yikes! This is going to hurt the wallet. Any of the doggies like to swim?

they think slapping around in the water is great fun...the cats, well, not so much.

and I think most will be covered under insurance, just gotta pay the deductible of course.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Lynnzoi wrote:they think slapping around in the water is great fun...the cats, well, not so much.

and I think most will be covered under insurance, just gotta pay the deductible of course.

Big pia if nothing else.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

lplady

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lplady

Good evening.

//goes to read back

Edit: Sorry your basement was flooded. Did you have a leak frog but wasn't home to hear it or were you frogless?

KD, my condolences on your loss.

Seems those kids need to have paint balls shot at their as*es or a foot there instead. Things seem to come in threes so hopefully you're all done with bad things for a while.

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
dontwantaname wrote:Big pia if nothing else.

Tru dat!

In the end only kindness matters

Lynnzoi

dontwantaname wrote:Big pia if nothing else.

sure is

gonna be up half the night....and I gotta be at work by noon tomorrow....1 at the latest.

supposed to get really cold here tonight - wonder if I'll have an ice rink in my basement? heehee

Iceback

Lynnzoi wrote:sure is

gonna be up half the night....and I gotta be at work by noon tomorrow....1 at the latest.

supposed to get really cold here tonight - wonder if I'll have an ice rink in my basement? heehee

I hope your furnace isn't down there or you may.

lplady

Iceback wrote:I hope your furnace isn't down there or you may.

Do you know how high water usually has to get before they need to be replaced?

Iceback

lplady wrote:Do you know how high water usually has to get before they need to be replaced?

Depending on the type. It may just need to dry out.If none of the electronic bits are wet then it'll probably be ok after a good cleaning and a check through.

pooflady

Castle's a repeat.

Lynnzoi

Iceback wrote:I hope your furnace isn't down there or you may.

no furnace....house has electric baseboard upstairs, had one wall heater downstairs

washer and dryer are on a platform so are up out of the water, as is the hot water tank (just recently raised, wonderin if that has somethin to do with the pipe coming apart)

guy just called (I was snoozin) - should be here in about an hour. yay.

lplady

Iceback wrote:Depending on the type. It may just need to dry out.If none of the electronic bits are wet then it'll probably be ok after a good cleaning and a check through.

thanks

Edit: Good night.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Castle's a repeat.

Ithaca is 5 hours away. It is no faster from manhattan than from here.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 605 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Evening all. Lets see if I can remember everything:

@Mavyn: You are a very lucky woman! You could have been seriously injured.

@KdC: Since it's outside glass, you might try a razor blade. I'd worry about tint inside but may be ok outside. Call a body shop. They'll give you some ideas.

@Poof: Everything was repeats tonight. I agree with Az, you may be saving toner but it's not gonna be much. I think most printers have a draft mode that is supposed to use less toner. Again, it's not gonna be a ton though.

@Lynn: Egads. That truly sucks. Make sure they check your drywall, baseboards, etc. You may be looking at replacing those where exposed.

Day sleeping the last couple days has sucked because of LOUD landscaping going on next door that is 10' from my bedroom. And the LOUD landscaper talking to the elderly deaf LOUD neighbor. All are very nice people though. Got a good nap in so things are better.

Oh, and son is working on his final projects for the semester and just posted this:

Due to an unfortunate spill of art supplies, my shirt makes it look like I am lactating ink

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Hummmm , I think the virus thing is going away.

Guess I'll know by tomorrow.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

klozitshoper

quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper

Dname - sure hope so.

Lynn - sorry, so sorry. I have had flooded basements twice and it is really and truly a mess.

Pof - I have been printing in grayscale thinking I was really saving the black cartridge's life also. The only time, though, now that I think about it, that I noticed a real difference was when the ink was really low.

TT - What a pain - do you use earplugs?

Night all - scan results for son-in-law tomorrow - fingers crossed.

Lynnzoi

ok, so the guys estimate there is at least 1000 or more gallons of water down there (he actually says a couple of thousand)

guess even if I used every towel in the house I'd be soppin up water for days

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 605 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

klozitshoper wrote:TT - What a pain - do you use earplugs?

I thought about it but figured that would bother me more.

Lynnzoi wrote:ok, so the guys estimate there is at least 1000 or more gallons of water down there (he actually says a couple of thousand)

Wow. Here's a 2000 gallon tank truck to put that in perspective.

Call your water company and explain what happened. They may discount your bill some so you don't have to pay for the water.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Lynnzoi wrote:ok, so the guys estimate there is at least 1000 or more gallons of water down there (he actually says a couple of thousand)

You would need a shamwow

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Ithaca is 5 hours away. It is no faster from manhattan than from here.

I have no idea what you're talking about. Please explain.

Lynnzoi

ThunderThighs wrote:Wow. Here's a 2000 gallon tank truck to put that in perspective.

Call your water company and explain what happened. They may discount your bill some so you don't have to pay for the water.

I don't pay for water - I have a well. Apparently a very good well, for a shallow drive-point! Didn't even smoke the pump.

edit - and I think mebbe the guy is overestimating cuz it shuts off at 125 gallons and they haven't hit the 2nd shutoff yet.