curli76

quality posts: 18 Private Messages curli76

Can it be a fictional thing that starts with an A? Like an AT-AT wearing bunny slippers and holding a cup of coffee?

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
no1 wrote:how about an "aging drag queen"

Aging drag queen is androgynous.

Many of the Hawaiian birds I study (aka honeycreepers) begin with A: akepa, apapane, amakihi, akikiki, anianiaau, alala, akohekohe, akiapolaau...

llandar

quality posts: 32 Private Messages llandar
SkekTek wrote:Many of the Hawaiian birds I study (aka honeycreepers) begin with A: akepa, apapane, amakihi, akikiki, anianiaau, alala, akohekohe, akiapolaau...

I'm holding out for the H derby so I can bust out my Humuhumunukunukuāpuaa design.

piwerx

quality posts: 1 Private Messages piwerx

Seeing that language is no barrier:
Accouchement- fr. the act of giving birth.

The sky is the limit.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
llandar wrote:I'm holding out for the H derby so I can bust out my Humuhumunukunukuāpuaa design.

Or the L derby so I can do a lauwiliwilinukunuku‘oi‘oi design.

lyonscc

quality posts: 6 Private Messages lyonscc

A couple of "A"s:

Apocalypse:

Art (can't decide between these two - with labels or without):

llandar

quality posts: 32 Private Messages llandar
SkekTek wrote:Or the L derby so I can do a lauwiliwilinukunuku‘oi‘oi design.

Touche.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 585 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

piwerx wrote:Angry Adolescent Aardvarks Arriving on an Apocalyptic Army of Abstract Alpacas led by Alexander the Great.

Anybody want that one?

I having trouble picturing it. Can you sketch it out for me?

How about arachibutyrophobia: the fear of peanut butter sticking to roof of mouth

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

meepee

quality posts: 33 Private Messages meepee
no1 wrote:
anus/anal leakage

Rejected reason: No

piwerx

meepee wrote:,

?
no.

I'm working on "Acanthus & Absinthe", not so abstract afterall. If only I could get that Aardwolf in there.

piwerx

ThunderThighs wrote:I having trouble picturing it. Can you sketch it out for me?
no.

I'm working on "Acanthus & Absinthe", not so abstract afterall. If only I could get that Aardwolf in there.

I don't have time to fix this mess.

blanked

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blanked
lyonscc wrote:A couple of "A"s:

I like the naked crayons better.

meepee

piwerx wrote:?
no.

I don't know how that comma got there. Sorry for that double post!

blanked

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blanked
meepee wrote:I don't know how that comma got there. Sorry for that double post!

So it wasn't supposed to be an apostrophe?

atlanticavenue

quality posts: 0 Private Messages atlanticavenue
blanked wrote:I like the naked crayons better.

I second that.

nathanwpyle

quality posts: 37 Private Messages nathanwpyle

Updated sketch..

Aslan adorably annihilates an antagonist

meepee

A...Angry....Angry...BIRDS!

Anyone been to Changi Airport (Singapore) recently? Jeez, Rovio's self-sacrificing avian creations really have taken over the place.

Back from my 2-week trip to Malaysia. This is a nice derby to come back to

odysseyroc

quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc

I've had this one in the archives for a while...

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fishbiscuit5

A is for Adventurer and Arrow.

heatherheath3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages heatherheath3
odysseyroc wrote:I've had this one in the archives for a while...

Too Cool! Will get my vote for sure!!!

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
SkekTek wrote:I wonder if arctic hares and angry penguins are in the "please don't" list. I agree, we should put adjectives on the banned list. The subject must start with an A, or else we'll get angry this and ashamed that....

"I used to be a t-shirt designer like you, then I took an ARROW IN THE KNEE..."

(or, I am spending WAAAAAY too much time playing Skyrim.)

Don't care what you sub. +1 for that. ;)

kevlar51

quality posts: 46 Private Messages kevlar51

Here's what I've got so far for "Apple Ninja"

paigeg

collinvh wrote:Who knew one misspelled word would cause such a discussion. After all, it is a "A" derby I (or my autocorrect) definitely tried to squeeze an "A" in there.

This probably won't help. And yes, as my gf showed me, there is an app for that.

paigeg

bassanimation wrote:Aye-Aye!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D I shouldn't derby cause we're in the process of a move and a lot of other stuff...but I wants to make an Aye-aye shirt! <3

Go... GO!!! I just moved - TWICE. It sucks all kinds of [insert]. We sold, moved to a hotel, then had to wait to finalize a buy, then move again... Oh, and did I mention it was frickin' CHRISTMAS?? My total sympathies. But I would SO love to see a lonesome lemur from you. You do rodentia so well (from your big love) and Aye-ayes and other lemurs are so visually close. Please do! Aye-ayes are so incredibly ugly... How can you resist?

paigeg

SkekTek wrote:Or the L derby so I can do a lauwiliwilinukunuku‘oi‘oi design.

OK, now you're just showing off.

paigeg

curli76 wrote:Can it be a fictional thing that starts with an A? Like an AT-AT wearing bunny slippers and holding a cup of coffee?

I re-read the derby nounce to check, and I didn't see anything barring fictional critters, pop-culture, or any such-like. More's the pity. I don't mean that toward your sub - sounds like it could be fun. I'm just bummed that the perennial memes aren't banned in any way, shape or form. SOMEONE or someones, will shoehorn a turbunguin in somehow.

paigeg

atlanticavenue wrote:I second that.

Third. Or whatever if I haven't scrolled down far enough.

paigeg

Want. Want, want, want. I'm not sure it will pass the filter though. The rejectionator is fickle on these letter derbies. Sometimes an expression passes, and other times it has to be an actual thing. Let's hope 'angry' works. Because, really, it NEEDS to. +1 in advance.

paigeg

paigeg wrote:Amber starts with A. Would someone be up for rendering an amber pendant? The thought I had was that the occlusions inside the amber resembled a woman's face. "Trapped in Amber". It could be a pendant something like this (the top) one.

Shameless bump. And before someone starts on me about 'do the idea yourself', let's be clear. I can draw. I have been diligently trying to apply that to graphic design. Dismal results. Ideas, I got. Time to learn the craft (money to buy the tools, practice to learn how to optimize them) - at the moment, not so much. Doesn't mean I don't have suggestions to toss out.
/rant
Still would like to see someone pick this up, with a face or human figure suggested in the amber. Just sayin.

axphw1

quality posts: 12 Private Messages axphw1

Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner:

It's a work in progress, but thoughts?

EchoSeven

quality posts: 1 Private Messages EchoSeven

(Sighs). Now I feel old. Just spent 2 minutes trying to figure out why the top of Bert's head was in the foreground....
I'll vote for it - deserves it for that entertainment value alone. Then I'll get my kid to explain it to me.

paigeg

axphw1 wrote:Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner:

It's a work in progress, but thoughts?

My first thought is a need for some shading to give the images some depth. Beyond that - wonderful choice. The albatross about the Mariner's neck. Very literary, and still theme-evocative. Coolies!

paigeg

EchoSeven wrote:(Sighs). Now I feel old. Just spent 2 minutes trying to figure out why the top of Bert's head was in the foreground....
I'll vote for it - deserves it for that entertainment value alone. Then I'll get my kid to explain it to me.

I'm 50+. I'll explain Angry Birds to you.

sunaness

quality posts: 19 Private Messages sunaness
fishbiscuit5 wrote:A is for Adventurer and Arrow.

This made me laugh!

midgerock

quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock

this is what I came up with. I hope people get it.

piwerx

Baby Aardwolf drinks Absinthe, Again.

Radscoolian

quality posts: 15 Private Messages Radscoolian

Accurate Aardvark and Adorable Associate

I'm not sure how I feel about this one.

ApeLad

quality posts: 37 Private Messages ApeLad

Here's what I've got:

angler by Ape Lad, on Flickr

Radscoolian

quality posts: 15 Private Messages Radscoolian
ApeLad wrote:Here's what I've got:

angler by Ape Lad, on Flickr

Cool design!
I feel like your composition would be better if you extended the background texture further to the right. It seems a bit lop sided. Just a thought.

Adelas

quality posts: 11 Private Messages Adelas
fishbiscuit5 wrote:A is for Adventurer and Arrow.

+1 gmv... oh wait... I guess I have to wait till monday. *hovers mouse over "i want one" button*