paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
zyphbear wrote:I am a little surprised that Shirt.Woot didn't commission the artist to do a brand new piece of art or modify the poster to make it unique art just for the shirt instead of re-using a poster design that was featured last fall on some major sites (like io9 and laughing squid):
http://io9.com/5852743/adorable-vampire-identification-chart-helps-you-sort-out-the-best-bloodsuckers

This is unusually redundant of Woot. Still, funny shirt. And your link with the Rated Awesome Blade vid on it is even funnier!

Blade2000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Blade2000

Reading these comments makes me feel old. I remembered the original vampires with no problem (Nosferatu, Dracula, Lily Munster) but had problems with the 1990s TV varieties.

pisces42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pisces42

@spilzer: That is clearly David from the Lost Boys, not Michael.

@megatron_g1: The one that didn't get interviewed is Lestat.

walmazan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages walmazan

Congrats Ben, awesome work!

RKett

quality posts: 2 Private Messages RKett

It is pretty obvious that the blond vampire in the lower left corner is not Michael Emerson but David, Keifer Sutherlands character.

judehawthorne

quality posts: 5 Private Messages judehawthorne

Awesome shirt. I'm handing you my money now.

zaydabarros

quality posts: 3 Private Messages zaydabarros
ghostglide wrote:I would buy this in a heartbeat if it had Eli from Let The Right One In.

I'm glad I read before I write! I was about to post the exact same comment, she should OBVIOUSLY be in this shirt!

rrussell

quality posts: 7 Private Messages rrussell
theantiphysics wrote:"Slayed"
Completely ruined the shirt for me.

Ditto.

"Slain."

(How pathetic is that...?)

skatimmy737

quality posts: 207 Private Messages skatimmy737

No Elvira. Was she even a vampire? Oh well. It's got Spike. I'm sold.

zaydabarros

quality posts: 3 Private Messages zaydabarros
xninjagrrl wrote:I am trying to buy one of these for my best friend but dont know what size to order. She is about 5'5" and 180lb.s maybe. What size do you guys think I should get her? I doubt a WXL would fit as I have read numerous complaints about how they are so small they would barely fit a pre-teen. I was thinking Mens Large, but I fear the men's shirts might be really long.

Im 5'4" and 180lbs and I wear the WL but it's because I like mine fitted, I would recommend a WXL if she wears them a little loose or a mens' Medium (my husband's ML look awful on me.) I hope this helped.

cLUrun

quality posts: 14 Private Messages cLUrun

I understand that the show is called "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" and for everyone, even those that have not watched the show to get the reference, Spike was "The One to be Slayed."
But for my own selfish reasons and opinion I would love for Spike to be labelled with, "The Big Bad." (later seasons of the series, Spike, not as awesome.)

And I can't get over how much Selene looks like Hugh Jackman's Van Helsing.

kiasd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kiasd
lucasm06 wrote:The upper right corner is Lestat: Brad Pitt's character from Interview With the Vampire, not Dracula.

And what is listed here as 'Generic Vampire' is Bela Lugosi as Dracula from the 1931 'Dracula'.

Otherwise, you got them all.

It is Lestat, but its Tom Cruise's character from Interview with the Vampire, not Brad Pitt's.

bman07

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bman07
f263u wrote:Awesome shirt. But having Blade RIGHT JUSTIFIED, is that on purpose? Like, to show he's not evil?

I'ts because he is about to kill Edward, as he rightfully should.

MEMANIA

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MEMANIA

Lots of complaints, yet not a single complaint about a lack of Jerry the Vampire from Fright Night. :[

chipgreen

quality posts: 176 Private Messages chipgreen
calanthium wrote:How can you leave out the coolest vampire of all - Barnabas Collins?? LOVE Dark Shadows!

+1

impetus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages impetus

What, no Blacula?!

THAT'S RACIST!!!!! (kiddin')

But seriously, no Blacula?

chipgreen

quality posts: 176 Private Messages chipgreen

I'm wearing my "Gingers" shirt right now!

FlamingoNut

quality posts: 12 Private Messages FlamingoNut

I truly love this shirt. Leaving out the text would've made it much cooler though, IMO. And it would make a great poster as well. I might have to wear this shirt the next time I'm at the Count Basie Theater in Red Bank.

Now I'm in the mood for Count Chocula...

GleeGuy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GleeGuy

Nice shirt, but it would have been an insta-buy with Alucard and Eli on it.

harle85

quality posts: 6 Private Messages harle85

Team Southern Gentleman!

kristamaz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kristamaz
xninjagrrl wrote:I am trying to buy one of these for my best friend but dont know what size to order. She is about 5'5" and 180lb.s maybe. What size do you guys think I should get her? I doubt a WXL would fit as I have read numerous complaints about how they are so small they would barely fit a pre-teen. I was thinking Mens Large, but I fear the men's shirts might be really long.

I'm 5'5" and weigh about 165. I have LOTS of woot shirts and several of the WXL are a little tight right now. My 12-year-old daughter looks just right in the WXL so they definitely run small. Depends on the color. The ML will fit but they are definitely long. I ordered a couple of those and had to cut the bottoms off.

tommytom02

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tommytom02

Where's Count Blah?

cscarter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cscarter

She sounds very close to me and I buy the ML. It is not too long on me. The WXL looks terrible, and while I can get it on, it is way too tight.

(Edit: My post lost the quote, but this was in response to xninjagrrl.)

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 152 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

MEMANIA wrote:Lots of complaints, yet not a single complaint about a lack of Jerry the Vampire from Fright Night. :[

lifevirusx

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lifevirusx

Wasn't this shirt run before?
Or did I see it in the derby a while ago

alephnull2k1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages alephnull2k1
ROGETRAY wrote:

And this is the Jerry you respond with?

leonad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages leonad
captainsuperdawg wrote:Almost always, when somebody talked about Angel, they called him "The vampire with a soul."

I'd be more inclined to call him "The Brooding One," frankly.

FlamingoNut

ROGETRAY wrote:

Sigh...

bongosolo

quality posts: 11 Private Messages bongosolo

The mathematician is easily my favorite.

Yes, I have three small kids. What?

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 152 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

alephnull2k1 wrote:And this is the Jerry you respond with?

FlamingoNut wrote:Sigh...

What? I shoulda gone old school Evil Ed?

UnshavenBag

quality posts: 0 Private Messages UnshavenBag

I swear I've seen this shirt some where else before...

alephnull2k1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages alephnull2k1
ROGETRAY wrote:What? I shoulda gone old school Evil Ed?

Absolutely.

FlamingoNut

ROGETRAY wrote:What? I shoulda gone old school Evil Ed?

Always! Not a fan of remakes. The Shining? Nightmare on Elm Street? Pitiful.

keithbrantner

quality posts: 0 Private Messages keithbrantner

Whoops, never mind.

MEMANIA

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MEMANIA

Maybe I'm speaking out of line but I thought the new Fright Night was pretty good. Although maybe that was just because of a particular vampire hunter played by David Tennant.

xninjagrrl

quality posts: 7 Private Messages xninjagrrl

Thanks guys, I will go with a ML just to be safe. I hear the MM is like a slightly roomier WXL but Woot shirts are all over the place. I have a few dozen WS that are all different sizes.

Heck, I may try a MM too and if it is too small she can gift to another one of our vampire obsessed friends!

Pros: The pills were there.
Cons: So was the tank.

artemisbare

quality posts: 0 Private Messages artemisbare

I am so happy they picked Spike over Angel! Who can resist his doodled cheekbones?

rabdpnguin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rabdpnguin

Where's Eddie Murphy (Vampire in Brooklyn)? He could be the Vampire with a "banana" in his "tail pipe."

lacotomo

quality posts: 11 Private Messages lacotomo

My kids love Bunnicula!!!!!

superstargoddess

quality posts: 2 Private Messages superstargoddess
Dascalargo wrote:Regarding the Angel vs Spike debate, the issue isn't who is the better-known or more favored vampire, but which of them is more easily identified. Spike's white hair makes him the better design choice, hands down.

I totally agree with you on that.

I am looking to buy "Life Choices", any size, send me a message!

So fuhqued up.