hollthulhu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hollthulhu

So first is the good: I love the idea.

However: I would have bought this if it had BUNNICULA. And I don't really care for the VAMPIRES! at the top.. I think the shirt is self-explanatory; the text makes me think of a poster more than a shirt. Re-make it, put the bunny on it, remove the gaudy title and I will gets. Perhaps pick something other than red, also! :D

PS: Making Edward hold Bunnicula would be a good idea!

lethargicmass

quality posts: 10 Private Messages lethargicmass
bakbam wrote:I agree the Southern Gentleman is charming, but no one is sexier than the Viking King!

But Bill is more iconic, and more recognizable for less-than-ardent fans.

I love bacon!

prtyyoshi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages prtyyoshi

Let's use the original Jerry as the new 'Colin Farrell Jerry' sucked majorly!

lethargicmass

noizangel wrote:Indeed, no Angel = #shirtfail

Hmmm. Seems to me that Angel would not have been easy to render recognizably in the unshaded black-and-white in which this design has been done. Also, Spike had more seasons than Angel. Also, Angel was a first-class poofter.

And don't you think that (mod: let's not get off track here and get personal)?

I love bacon!

kcmark

quality posts: 25 Private Messages kcmark

How does a pop culture vampire shirt not include Angel? Spike made it but not Angel?

It's like doing a pop culture steroid t-shirt and not including Jose Canseco.

missmissa07

quality posts: 12 Private Messages missmissa07

enzo01

quality posts: 10 Private Messages enzo01

I don't know what's worse; the fact that Blackula was left out, or what his caption would have been.

MEMANIA

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MEMANIA
lethargicmass wrote:Also, Spike had more seasons than Angel.

Angel had his own TV series, but... yeah, he always ends up being a fruit cake.

kcmark

quality posts: 25 Private Messages kcmark
Dascalargo wrote:Regarding the Angel vs Spike debate, the issue isn't who is the better-known or more favored vampire, but which of them is more easily identified. Spike's white hair makes him the better design choice, hands down.

Angel would have been easy to render - long trench coat, hands in pockets, brooding look. Actually but for the blond (white) hair, the image of Spike on the shirt could easily have been Angel.

Also, there's no question that Angel is much more well known. So much so that he warranted his own spin-off.

Personally, I would have included both; however I would have ordered a shirt with just Angel. Can't bring myself to purchase one without Angel, who the designer made a conscious decision to exclude. It's a shame really, but then again it's just a shirt. No sweat or shirt off my back. Otherwise, nice work. Just missed the mark by enough to nix a purchase.

ScarlettOpal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ScarlettOpal

Perfect timing. Donating blood for the first time this coming Friday. Had to splurge for the overnight shipping.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 158 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

FlamingoNut wrote:Always! Not a fan of remakes. The Shining? Nightmare on Elm Street? Pitiful.

Wait wha wha? When did they redo The Shining?!

lethargicmass

enzo01 wrote:I don't know what's worse; the fact that Blackula was left out, or what his caption would have been.

Blacula's caption, hmmmmm. Maybe "Dracula's Soul Brother" or "The Blaxploited One"? But regardless, with no shades of grey to work with, his skin tone would have to have been rendered in either black or white, and neither would likely look right.

I love bacon!

rabdpnguin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rabdpnguin
ROGETRAY wrote:Wait wha wha? When did they redo The Shining?!

They had a that TV miniseries remake. I don't remember it being that bad though... but maybe it was lol.

grenade01

quality posts: 5 Private Messages grenade01

I would buy this if everyone image was Count Duckula

AlexIAm

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AlexIAm
missmissa07 wrote:For your viewing pleasure

Ah a classic... cracks me up every time.

>insert funny quote here<

athena48

quality posts: 0 Private Messages athena48

I really like this shirt, and if it had Alucard or Vampire Hunter D on it, I totally would. But one thing I absolutely can't overlook is a grammatical error--the use of "slayed" as someone pointed out. It makes me sad because I'm really into vampires.

wesknight

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wesknight

No ANGEL.. Really?

Don't you think the big guy earned it, even next to SPIKE?

wesknight

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wesknight
kcmark wrote:Angel would have been easy to render - long trench coat, hands in pockets, brooding look. Actually but for the blond (white) hair, the image of Spike on the shirt could easily have been Angel.

Also, there's no question that Angel is much more well known. So much so that he warranted his own spin-off.

Personally, I would have included both; however I would have ordered a shirt with just Angel. Can't bring myself to purchase one without Angel, who the designer made a conscious decision to exclude. It's a shame really, but then again it's just a shirt. No sweat or shirt off my back. Otherwise, nice work. Just missed the mark by enough to nix a purchase.

couldn't agree more

lucky1988

quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988

Awesome design! Congrats Ben!

jadadesha

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jadadesha

would totally buy one if Bunnicula had made the cut!!!

aggiechick

quality posts: 5 Private Messages aggiechick
MEMANIA wrote:Lots of complaints, yet not a single complaint about a lack of Jerry the Vampire from Fright Night. :[

Also, there are no comments about George Hamilton's Dracula in Love at First Bite (unless you wanted to use Bela Legosi's "classic" as a stand in) nor Lauren Hutton's Countess in Once Bitten. It would have also been cool to see either the young or old Dracula that Gary Oldman played in Dracula (1992).

I guess there are just too many memorable vamps to fit onto one shirt.

tfox1991

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tfox1991
spilzer wrote:Okay, here's a cheat sheet. I think I got most of them, but I'm drawing a blank on "The Werewolf Hunter". Edit: ah, figured it out, thanks!

(From top to bottom, left to right):

Count Chocula
Nosferatu
Lily Munster
Dracula
Selene
Bela Lugosi(?)
Spike
Count von Count
Michael Emerson
Bill Compton
Blade
Edward Cullen

Actually the one you said is dracula is Lestat from interview with a vampire, the classic is dracula.

Slarti59

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Slarti59
xninjagrrl wrote:I am trying to buy one of these for my best friend but dont know what size to order. She is about 5'5" and 180lb.s maybe. What size do you guys think I should get her? I doubt a WXL would fit as I have read numerous complaints about how they are so small they would barely fit a pre-teen. I was thinking Mens Large, but I fear the men's shirts might be really long.

You probably already bought it, but I would always go with Men's over Women's if you are unsure what size to get. The Men's sizes are almost exactly a half size smaller than 'normal' men's shirts. If they're between sizes this is perfect; get the larger of the two. Otherwise, get a size larger than their usual for guys. For girls, I would actually get the same size they wear in normal t-shirts with two exceptions: 1) they already wear t-shirts in a size that looks 'fitted', 2) they hate fitted shirts.

tapout22002

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tapout22002

Why is the halfbreed off center?

moles1138

quality posts: 24 Private Messages moles1138

No Diamondback? (Near Dark)

ssiminski

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ssiminski

Werewolf hunter is Selene from Underworld.

digitalmindy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages digitalmindy

I was about to say that Spike should be called The One With A Soul, afterall he is the one who shanshus (sp?). Angel is just a whiny, broody butthead.

rturkey

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rturkey

I'd be all for it if not for the Twilight reference.

MEMANIA

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MEMANIA
rturkey wrote:I'd be all for it if not for the Twilight reference.

It IS a tad played out at this point... and Blade killing Edward has been around since the first movie (as well as Buffy killing Edward.)

densanity

quality posts: 0 Private Messages densanity

Let the right 12 in!

samuraikiss

quality posts: 0 Private Messages samuraikiss

Sweet poster, but not cool as a tee.

naudiaakaknott

quality posts: 2 Private Messages naudiaakaknott

HAHAHA! I seriously Laughed Out Loud when I read the whole David Boreanaz fan club thing. That was just awesome!

But I do love Spike... So it's all good.

pam5000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pam5000
lucasm06 wrote:The upper right corner is Lestat: Brad Pitt's character from Interview With the Vampire, not Dracula.

And what is listed here as 'Generic Vampire' is Bela Lugosi as Dracula from the 1931 'Dracula'.

Otherwise, you got them all.

I haven't read all the comments, but I'm sure by now someone has corrected the error of Lestat who was Tom Cruise, not Brad Pitt (who was Louis)...and if not, then my work is done.

theillien

quality posts: 1 Private Messages theillien

I won't buy it because there's no Count Duckula.

CanadianFlyingToad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CanadianFlyingToad

Yet again, shirt.woot! the screensaver!

Come on, we can have water bottles, duffles, hoodies, shirts, how about a screen saver?

I know, some of you do it yourselves, but why go through the effort when I can whine at Woot to do it so that I can pay them for it?

I love this design, but would I wear it? Probably not, so I'll save my ten dollars and just whine.

'Night!

CFT

vitani88

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vitani88
kcmark wrote:Angel would have been easy to render - long trench coat, hands in pockets, brooding look. Actually but for the blond (white) hair, the image of Spike on the shirt could easily have been Angel.

Mostly agreed. Though I enjoy Spike. Much more so than Angel. Though I did look for him several times before I gave up. He would have completed this shirt.

crowmistress

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crowmistress

That's not Michael Emerson from the Lost Boys .. it's David played by Keifer Sutherland from the Lost Boys.

spilzer wrote:Okay, here's a cheat sheet. I think I got most of them, but I'm drawing a blank on "The Werewolf Hunter".

Edit: thanks y'all for the friendly corrections I've updated the list (in my defense "interviewed" looks a lot like "invented" at 1:00 am)

Count Chocula
Nosferatu
Lily Munster
Lestat de Lioncourt
Selene
Bela Lugosi
Spike
Count von Count
Michael Emerson
Bill Compton
Blade
Edward Cullen

jimiinpa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jimiinpa
spilzer wrote:Okay, here's a cheat sheet. I think I got most of them, but I'm drawing a blank on "The Werewolf Hunter".

Edit: thanks y'all for the friendly corrections I've updated the list (in my defense "interviewed" looks a lot like "invented" at 1:00 am)

Count Chocula
Nosferatu
Lily Munster
Lestat de Lioncourt
Selene
Bela Lugosi
Spike
Count von Count
Michael Emerson
Bill Compton
Blade
Edward Cullen

that was seline from underworld

zombiekillerex

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zombiekillerex

Spike > Angel.

Spike went and fought for his soul. Angel was cursed with his and whined about it all the time.

Also, Bunnicula is awesome.

diefldrmas

quality posts: 4 Private Messages diefldrmas

Wait where is Barnabas Collins?