f263u

quality posts: 0 Private Messages f263u

cue British accent:

"We'll we moved our t-shirt price to $11, because everyone else's go up to ten. Where can they go from there? Nowhere. But we can go one louder, because our shirt.woots go to 11."

Or you could just take it to 12 and lose a great couple of 'Tap posts. Whatever.

wingnut99

quality posts: 4 Private Messages wingnut99

Had it in the cart and was entering the credit card when I saw the price... As soon as my customers agree to pay me 20% more I'll be back. for now...pass.

AlienZulu

quality posts: 11 Private Messages AlienZulu

was about to buy this when i noticed the price increase...

i've always been a fan. i have over 60 wootshirts. i understand the reasoning behind the increase but i can say i'll be buying far fewer this year.

bummer, i wanted this one too
but not for $12

rafalosophy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rafalosophy

$12 per?!?!
i thought ninjas were made in china....

vixro

quality posts: 8 Private Messages vixro

Is everyone new to inflation and running a business? I'm confused.

Cool shirt.

AlienZulu

quality posts: 11 Private Messages AlienZulu
vixro wrote:Is everyone new to inflation and running a business? I'm confused.

Cool shirt.

maybe when i get a 20% raise i'll increase my t-shirt budget by 20% too

this isn't inflation
this is Amazon Tax

drtranqwert1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drtranqwert1

I get 20 dollar gift cards regularly and the best part about woot shirts was the 10.00$ price and it's what allowed me to get so many shirts a week on one card but now because of the 12 dollar increase I don't have enough money to even buy a single shirt after I have bought one which really kills my buying experience. I understand the price increase and I know that making t-shirts every day can put a pinch on your wallet but 12 bucks? If it was 11 I could do it but 12 is too steep for me and it sucks because much like the koala in your pocket shirt the idea that it was something 3d on a 2d printing fascinates me and because of the raised price I can't buy this shirt. Another fear I have is since it was 12 dollars that even if it's a great shirt that it won't last long after its debut because of the same reason I can't buy it.

So much for getting a shirt from woot every week

Justin Castie

mjkimble

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mjkimble

lolz @ all the whiners. How many products do you buy that have never seen a price increase?

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 32 Private Messages fishbiscuit5

Congrats, Robbie! I can't resist a back print AND it's a ninja! Bought!

Cstlfx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Cstlfx

Woot raised the price due to the company they get their shirts from raising their prices. I'd rather pay the $2 and keep the US made shirts then from Woot buying elsewhere.

amnishaw

quality posts: 1 Private Messages amnishaw

My hair would just hide the little guy... would it be double the stealthy?

jookboksnmbr3

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jookboksnmbr3

The price increase, while not outrageous, does make the buy look less palatable.

But more importantly, I'm wondering why it seems there is a ninja shirt at least once or twice every week. It was cute the first couple of times, but who keeps buying these things?

thisniss

quality posts: 3 Private Messages thisniss

Everybody fussing about the price inflation could try waiting to see what they offer as a Woot-off deal later. It might just be free expedited shipping or something, but if it's a discount y'all can just hope that the shirt's not sold out yet. And if it is sold out, you can buy it tomorrow when it's $15. ;-)

Narfcake

quality posts: 279 Private Messages Narfcake
TheGolux wrote:You know you do....

hollywoodstylin wrote:Yes you do, to complete the set. Even though the price increase is a bit hard to swallow (especially since I have to pay tax), I went ahead and purchased one. Great design and a first for woot for a backprinted shirt.

The price isn't an issue. Heck, I've bought five shirts this month already at the regular $15.

So if it's anything, I'll just make this my 6th tomorrow. That way, I can send an extra $2 to Robbie too, not to mention let it survive (or at least do better) in the Reckoning.

drtranqwert1

thisniss wrote:Everybody fussing about the price inflation could try waiting to see what they offer as a Woot-off deal later. It might just be free expedited shipping or something, but if it's a discount y'all can just hope that the shirt's not sold out yet. And if it is sold out, you can buy it tomorrow when it's $15. ;-)

I hope it's not sold out but sadly I only have 12.18 on a gift card left and can't go get another till around 4 in the afternoon tomorrow :/

Justin Castie

kerusdotorg

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kerusdotorg

i'm a hell of a lot less likely to blow $12 on mediocre shirts than $10 :\ maybe I'm just getting too picky

zedarflight

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zedarflight

"Don’t wear this shirt: backwards and inside out. Because then the ninja will have easy access to your heart."

But that would give him away, and a ninja is never obvious. Besides backwards and inside out, he's telling you to 'shh', so you're obviously not the target... Right?... Right?

drtranqwert1

zedarflight wrote:"Don’t wear this shirt: backwards and inside out. Because then the ninja will have easy access to your heart."

But that would give him away, and a ninja is never obvious. Besides backwards and inside out, he's telling you to 'shh', so you're obviously not the target... Right?... Right?

I think backwards he is telling the person in front of you to "shh"

Justin Castie

mistamoose

quality posts: 30 Private Messages mistamoose

Awesome. Wish there was something else on the front, but this is just too cool. In for 2.

Faulks

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Faulks

Ninjas go with absolutely everything and that is such a great green. My little sister will love this shirt.

p1d

quality posts: 0 Private Messages p1d

I think you guys are all missing the fact that shipping is now free?

rafalosophy

all i'm saying is, $12, on paper, is a great price to pay for a new T (delivered to your door), though $10 was outstanding, but...what is this going to mean to our "random shirt" purchases at $6.66?
3 for $20 was a great price for woot's leftovers, and "leftovers" they were, considering unsold items that don't even tickle reckoning just sit...
But, what happens to Woot's bottom-line then? Are they going to start charging us more to take their unsold shirts off their warehouse floor?
And, if so, what are the bragged-about reckoned shirts (marked up 50%, with numerous shirts still hot sellers) for?
I've bought close to 50 shirts, and so, I'd like to know.
I also know that American Apparel stopped showing up on the label YEARS ago...

rafalosophy

p1d wrote:I think you guys are all missing the fact that shipping is now free?

shipping has always been free...

SuperNinja

quality posts: 18 Private Messages SuperNinja
p1d wrote:I think you guys are all missing the fact that shipping is now free?

As opposed to non-free shipping when?

Fountain3586

quality posts: 32 Private Messages Fountain3586

Goodnight Woot. I love you.

Favorite Woots: The First Years miSwivel Feeding Chair, Kiddy Sport’n Move Stroller, Sacs of Life Insulator 4 Reusable Shopping Bags, Daiwa Golf Bag, Energizer Light on Demand Twin Light Center, Ooma Telo ViIP Home Phone System, and a Stainless Steel Designer 6 Ounce Flask.

drtranqwert1

rafalosophy wrote:all i'm saying is, $12, on paper, is a great price to pay for a new T (delivered to your door), though $10 was outstanding, but...what is this going to mean to our "random shirt" purchases at $6.66?
3 for $20 was a great price for woot's leftovers, and "leftovers" they were, considering unsold items that don't even tickle reckoning just sit...
But, what happens to Woot's bottom-line then? Are they going to start charging us more to take their unsold shirts off their warehouse floor?
And, if so, what are the bragged-about reckoned shirts (marked up 50%, with numerous shirts still hot sellers) for?
I've bought close to 50 shirts, and so, I'd like to know.
I also know that American Apparel stopped showing up on the label YEARS ago...

I don't know if it's true but earlier somebody posted about woot being apart of Amazon now and suggested that was the reason for the price increase, so Amazon gets their cut.

Justin Castie

loststream

quality posts: 5 Private Messages loststream
haroldwnorris wrote:Oh, thank God! The last thing I need is another t-shirt, but at $10 shipped, I just could not resist some of the designs! But at $12, I find even this very amusing design easy to let pass. Thank you, Shirt.Woot!

I AGREE!

sirhiro

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sirhiro

Oh no, $2 more. I still enjoy the humor of the shirt, so purchased it has been!

basura216

quality posts: 0 Private Messages basura216

Awesome design!!! But did I miss something? When did the price go to $12?!?!? Woot, you may want to reconsider! $10 gets us to click and buy without question; $12 is just enough to make us stop and realize, "Wait, am I really about to pay this much for a t-shirt?"

mypinktoes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mypinktoes

Green is not my color (like a previous commenter, it makes me look sick...). But I had to get one for my 7yo... Now I have Valentine presents for the whole family: Shroedinger's cat for hubby, tree falls in forest (sadly now reckoned) for the 11yo, and now this.

But of course, I'm sure I'll find another one *I* need soon....

I <3 the ninja designs!
....and Nevermore! (ducks)

alee06

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alee06

To everyone complaining about the price hike- Woot has to do what Amazon tells them, it's not their fault. Chill

calebmitchell

quality posts: 64 Private Messages calebmitchell
jookboksnmbr3 wrote:But more importantly, I'm wondering why it seems there is a ninja shirt at least once or twice every week. It was cute the first couple of times, but who keeps buying these things?

Apparently Narfcake...

Narfcake wrote:Let's see ... I already have The Ninja Pandas vs The Diabolical Pirate Octopus,
Unstealthiest Ninja, Unstealthiest Ninja II, and Dojo Chores ... do I need this too?

Narfcake

quality posts: 279 Private Messages Narfcake
rafalosophy wrote:all i'm saying is, $12, on paper, is a great price to pay for a new T (delivered to your door)...

Read the other threads for more information.

They changed the tags in mid-2009. The shirts are still manufactured by American Apparel (which BTW, sell for $18 blank); every once in a while when Woot does run out of their own tagged blanks, AA tagged blanks will be substituted.

amemait

quality posts: 10 Private Messages amemait
Narfcake wrote:The shirts are still manufactured by American Apparel (which BTW, sell for $18 blank)

Yep. $18 for a single blank t-shirt is quite expensive in these tougher times. But if American Apparel can sell a printed t-shirt for $5, I'm sure they are still making a profit. And I'm sure Woot! gets a great discount for quantities of thousands that they likely buy. I have over 80 Woot! shirts and love them, but the number of shirts I can now buy with my t-shirt fund has just been diminished by 20%.

Yes, I'm whining. Yes, I bought this one. Yes, I'll still buy shirts. No, not as many.

djkid1974b

quality posts: 0 Private Messages djkid1974b

Still waiting on someone to answer the question axphw1 had! :-) Is this the first Woot shirt that is printed on the back? I can't recall ever seeing one before.

spitfire6006006

quality posts: 2 Private Messages spitfire6006006

are people really saying this is expensive for a t-shirt? most other online stores that sell graphic t-shirts sell them for like $20 minimum

kboy25

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kboy25

almost bought it for $10...but not for $12

blammoed

quality posts: 1 Private Messages blammoed

This is awesome, hahaha. Great job Robbie Lee! =)

lanceswarts

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lanceswarts

Would have bought it for $10. Not for $12.

trojanknight

quality posts: 0 Private Messages trojanknight
Zamiel4tw wrote:For those too lazy to look it up, here's why it's $12 now: http://shirt.woot.com/Blog/ViewEntry.aspx?Id=21031

Makes it now $17 dollars a shirt for me