sonja711

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sonja711

grisca

quality posts: 0 Private Messages grisca
djkid1974b wrote:Still waiting on someone to answer the question axphw1 had! :-) Is this the first Woot shirt that is printed on the back? I can't recall ever seeing one before.

There have been others before.

gusvonpooch

quality posts: 24 Private Messages gusvonpooch

I wish more of these shirts had the design on the back. No one likes a price increase but $2 more for an American made shirt seems reasonable after 4 years.

CandaceO

quality posts: 1 Private Messages CandaceO

Ha! I would be safe from harm at the hands of this li'l ninjette while wearing this shirt. See my avatar?
<=====

(Text of shirt reads, "DISREGARD any instructions taped to the back of this shirt.")

xninjagrrl

quality posts: 7 Private Messages xninjagrrl
gusvonpooch wrote:I wish more of these shirts had the design on the back. No one likes a price increase but $2 more for an American made shirt seems reasonable after 4 years.

I am starting to think Woot buys reject/factory second shirts from AA anyways, that should keep the costs down. It would account for the oddball problems I have had lately (improper dying, weird cut-down-the-side at a bad angle issues) and the fact that one size Small may be a totally different size than another Small (even shirts of the same color). In the end though, if I like the shirt I dont care about 2 bucks.

Pros: The pills were there.
Cons: So was the tank.

whitlock929

quality posts: 1 Private Messages whitlock929

I totally get the cost of business for the $2 but how about a $2 break on kid's sizes. At $12 for a kid shirt you are losing me. $12 at target gets me at least 2 shirts 3 or more if I catch a good clearance day. I am not complaining about the adult size I can justify it on the fact they might get worn for 10+ years but, My daughter is two and a half she will out grow any shirt in 9 months. Kids woot shirts at $10 were asking a bit much. I noticed your already raised the kiss random shirts from $3. 33 + $5 s& h ( 3 for $15) to the adult price $6. 66 (3 for $20). Thanks for hearing my gripe

jeninmaine

quality posts: 10 Private Messages jeninmaine
whitlock929 wrote:I totally get the cost of business for the $2 but how about a $2 break on kid's sizes. At $12 for a kid shirt you are losing me.

I was just thinking kind of the same thing. I mean, I hate to Katie Kaboom, but $10 for my son's tiny shirt was hard to justify but I did it because I am the coolest mom on the block. $12 is tougher to justify, so I definitely see myself being more shrewd with my kid-shirt purchases.

laughdavid1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages laughdavid1
bluejester wrote:Seems like a lot of posts going up about the price change.

Well, Here is the link explaining about the price increase...again.

I suspect this link providing will be needed for a week or so.

Well I suppose you can still think of the shirt as $10 and shipping is now long free. That way woot could say they change their prices.
Oh well. Had to happen sometime. Wood have rather have seen a 10% jump of $1 rather then a 20% increase. That's just a little steep. Gonna have to think a little harder before buying a shirt.

juanitamoose

quality posts: 0 Private Messages juanitamoose

I just noticed the $12 price. When did this happen? Not saying the shirts aren't worth it, but disappointed just the same.

walmazan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages walmazan

Congrats Robbie!

Amazing work!

ginbak

quality posts: 10 Private Messages ginbak

Paid the $12 for my first Woot! shirt of 2012.

I love this one. The price increase is OK for me as I need to slow down on the T-shirt buying anyway. I mean, how the heck many of these things does one person need?

Oh - and more back designs please. Too cool. I'll never get bored with it 'cause I don't have to look down at it all day.

skopi

quality posts: 1 Private Messages skopi

Agreed. $10 was a nice clean price where I didn't feel guilty indulging in a shirt. $12 is different.

theabnormal1

quality posts: 2 Private Messages theabnormal1

I actually wish the ninja were slightly smaller. Dunno why. Still considering it, though....hmm....

gameon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gameon

This is awesome! Normally I'm not into all the ninja stuff but this is great.

My site: Thought Provoking Shirts - designs to make you think and laugh at the same time.

notsomuch

quality posts: 6 Private Messages notsomuch

So if Amazon bought Woot, does that mean we can pay for purchases with Amazon gift cards??

Once you go Mac, you never go back.

smallville824

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smallville824

Staff

notsomuch wrote:So if Amazon bought Woot, does that mean we can pay for purchases with Amazon gift cards??

Not at this time. Please refer to the link for payment options.
http://www.woot.com/WhatIsWoot.aspx#q11

kdecody

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kdecody

10$ and free shipping was the most attractive thing about woot, gonna have to be a real special shirt for me to start spending 12$. Thanks Amazon!
very very long time woot shirt buyer

blue_94_trooper

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blue_94_trooper
haroldwnorris wrote:Oh, thank God! The last thing I need is another t-shirt, but at $10 shipped, I just could not resist some of the designs! But at $12, I find even this very amusing design easy to let pass. Thank you, Shirt.Woot!

It's only $2 drama queen.

skatimmy737

quality posts: 207 Private Messages skatimmy737

Funny design. Too bad it's too cold for anyone to see the back of your shirt yet.

rangerlg

quality posts: 8 Private Messages rangerlg

The Reckoning shirts have gone from $12 to $15 also.

SumDuud

quality posts: 21 Private Messages SumDuud
xninjagrrl wrote:I am starting to think Woot buys reject/factory second shirts from AA anyways, that should keep the costs down. It would account for the oddball problems I have had lately (improper dying, weird cut-down-the-side at a bad angle issues) and the fact that one size Small may be a totally different size than another Small (even shirts of the same color)..

^ This.

My wife has asked me not to buy her or my kids any more woot shirts because of this (dying and sizing issues.) Now with a $2 increase, that is an easier request to follow. I'll be honest I don't mind paying $12 for a decent shirt design, but that is what I'd pay at many stores around me and now quirky shirts are everywhere. Some are mass printed, some are created by designers trying to make a buck, but at $12 and no promise of quality of the acutal shirt the designs are printed on being better, I'll be buying quite a few less from woot.

Similarly the arguement about kids shirt prices is valid.

Still considering getting it for my 8 year old black belt, but not sure.

Let's see the quality impulse buys!
Wooter to blame for sellout: SumDuud
Sellout time: 8:11:25 AM Central Time

Contrarian by nature.

seahokedrama

quality posts: 30 Private Messages seahokedrama
whitlock929 wrote:I totally get the cost of business for the $2 but how about a $2 break on kid's sizes. At $12 for a kid shirt you are losing me. $12 at target gets me at least 2 shirts 3 or more if I catch a good clearance day.

Put me in this category. I don't really wear t-shirts with pictures on them. The wife can't wear Woot tees because she has big breasts. For an adult shirt that was quality $12 is not bad... BUT...

I only buy woot tees for the kids. $10 was always a bit of stretch considering we normally pay $3 to $5 for the kids... still to get them something well made, unique, funny, and domestic-produce, I made the exception and paid the 200-300% price.

$12 tips beyond that.

For $10 I would have got this for my son, he loves ninjas. $12 makes me think he has too many shirts already.

blue_94_trooper

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blue_94_trooper
rangerlg wrote:The Reckoning shirts have gone from $12 to $15 also.

Reckoning shirts have always been $15 except for an hour or so of every Woot Off.

adapa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages adapa

anyone else having problems buying a shirt?

all i get is a processing clock & no confirmation. it's been over a 45 min's

MommaBeary

quality posts: 10 Private Messages MommaBeary
cedaroo wrote:Very cute!

I just want woot to know that my NOT purchasing this shirt has absolutely nothing to do with the price increase, but rather that I'm allergic to green.

Or at least I look very allergic to it when I wear green. Not flattering.

Very, very, cute though. And I certainly hope to see more printing on the back in the future!

ME TOO!!!! I was so trying to figure out who in my family could wear this shirt, but we are all "allergic" to this shade of green.

I must go off in a corner and be very sad now since I LOVE this shirt *sniff sniff* :,(

Geethatsgr8

quality posts: 29 Private Messages Geethatsgr8

I love this shirt, and bought two of them (1 adult, 1 kid). I agree with others that the $2 increase doesn't bother me so much on adult tees, but for kid tees it's a bit extreme.
I didn't expect Woot to be able to continue selling $10 tees with FREE shipping forever, unless they started using shirts imported from China to keep costs low. I would much prefer to pay $2 more to keep shirts that are made in the USA. Plus, on top of the free shipping, I've never had a problem with Woot customer service on the rare occasion that I had a problem with my order. You can get cheaper t-shirts elsewhere, but you'll be hard-pressed to find those three elements in one site(Quality shirts, FREE shipping AND good customer service).

But come on Woot, do something about the pricing on kid's tees. My son has approximately 35 Woot shirts in his closet, many of which are being outgrown as of late...and will therefore need replacing. It would be great if you could lower the price to match the smaller sizes.

alecialene

quality posts: 2 Private Messages alecialene

Awesome design, but epic fail on the green.

Cumberlandjed

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Cumberlandjed

Oh My Gookie!!! I can't believe all the whinging over 2 bucks. Even at minimum wage, if you just stay late for 15 minutes you'll make the 2 bucks plus another 72 cents for a tenth of a coffee!!

I'm in for one, and quit yer griping or I will sic my ninja on you!!

snottbubble1975

quality posts: 0 Private Messages snottbubble1975

$2 may seem like a small increase, but it may have just killed my woot shirt addiction without a much needed intervention. I made a dent in my pile of laundry yesterday and counted 31 clean woot shirts. Those are just the clean shirts. I also own 2 woot hoodies.

Thank you for the increase. I can now afford cat food for my four-legged children.

undertow976

quality posts: 6 Private Messages undertow976

Why $12??

KimJongIllness

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KimJongIllness

I WOULD own one... except it's the WORST shade of green I've ever seen. Woot, 1994 wants it's wallcolors back.

micheal0484

quality posts: 1 Private Messages micheal0484
tman2088 wrote:Random shirts will remain at $6.66 per shirt.

From the staff.

Also from the staff.

Jason Toon wrote:
Much as we wish we could, we can't run our little t-shirt wonderland on cupid feathers and unicorn smiles. As of today, Shirt.Woot's first-day price for t-shirts will increase to $12.

With a couple extra bucks to pump into the Shirt.Woot Wonder Machine of Fabulousness, we'll hit ever-higher heights of t-shirt glory. We've resisted any price increases for over four years now, and we think twelve dollars plus free shipping is still a pretty rad price for high-quality, exclusive graphic tees.

The sad fact is, nothing in our business - blank shirts, ink, labor, shipping - is getting any cheaper. A happier fact is that Shirt.Woot has a full roster of cool projects in the works for 2012, which we just couldn't do on the incredible shrinking margins of our old price.

Thanks for sticking with us lo, these many years. And thanks in advance for paying a little more so that we can stick around for many years to come. Excelsior or something!

Wherever you go, go with all your woots. ~Conwarpius

trailtroll

quality posts: 2 Private Messages trailtroll
rangerlg wrote:The Reckoning shirts have gone from $12 to $15 also.

The reckoning shirts are normally $15 unless they're part of the woot.off lunch break special deal.

I do hope to see this design either on a hoodie or LS shirt sometime in the future. NICE!

mlovesr

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mlovesr

(ok, hee-hee, I won't tell anyone....) Hey Robbie, congrats on your print! Your plain green tee is really, really awesome!!

Slarti59

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Slarti59
cedaroo wrote:Very cute!

I just want woot to know that my NOT purchasing this shirt has absolutely nothing to do with the price increase, but rather that I'm allergic to green.

Or at least I look very allergic to it when I wear green. Not flattering.!

Ditto! I'm buying one for my boyfriend instead, even though it's more my style.

dekulink

quality posts: 9 Private Messages dekulink

.... but I can see him....

B2Rstudio

quality posts: 2 Private Messages B2Rstudio
axphw1 wrote:Is the back design a first for Woot?

the cheese is liederkruas(sp i think) was a portal pun that was on both sides

seahokedrama

quality posts: 30 Private Messages seahokedrama
Cumberlandjed wrote:Oh My Gookie!!! I can't believe all the whinging over 2 bucks.

Would you like to buy a tic-tac off me for $2?
No? It's only $2! Sure you can buy a whole box of tic tacs for 50cent- ahhh... yes that's the reason.

$2 is 20%. For an adult shirt it is still a good price though for what you get. For a kids shirt it is adding 20% on to something that was already pricey.

When you're a family of 5 on one income- $2 isn't a lot of money, obviously, but if I paid $2 more on every purchase we made we'd be in debt.

Can't buy shirts as cool as woot's anywhere else- but when for kids you are used to paying $3 to $5- $12 is too much to justify. I could occasionally justify the $10 for something that was really appropriate for the kids (like this would have been)- but $12 I can't.

basfiji

quality posts: 9 Private Messages basfiji

Haha I was just thinking the same thing.

chiieddy

quality posts: 5 Private Messages chiieddy

In for 2. One for me, one for hubby. Too bad they're not white or black or we could wear them to Tae kwon do class. :-)