basfiji

quality posts: 9 Private Messages basfiji
AlienZulu wrote:was about to buy this when i noticed the price increase...

i've always been a fan. i have over 60 wootshirts. i understand the reasoning behind the increase but i can say i'll be buying far fewer this year.

bummer, i wanted this one too
but not for $12

I am with you 100% of the way. I was going to buy but for $2 more per shirt I will be buying only the ones I have to absolutely have.

Slarti59

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Slarti59
KimJongIllness wrote:I WOULD own one... except it's the WORST shade of green I've ever seen. Woot, 1994 wants it's wallcolors back.

I think the woot pictures (at least on my screen) of Kelly Green are way off. The color on the monitor looks to be a medium-dark green. IRL Kelly Green is a very bright green, but not pale at all. I think this picture from American Apparel is more representative.

princesspraline

quality posts: 1 Private Messages princesspraline
djp519 wrote:I just looked at this picture for a moment... looked for another couple seconds... and then started laughing out loud. Very clever. I like what you did there! I'm very tempted, but I'm going to sleep on it...

So what's your final answer Meatloaf... yes or no??

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 210 Private Messages Spiritgreen

^____^ Haha, this is great Robbie.

Maybe next Christmas you could make us a squirrel on your back in tribute to Chevy Chase.

crickee

quality posts: 20 Private Messages crickee

My sons favorite color, my sons favorite topic, this will soon be my sons favorite shirt.

$12 is a fair price with free shipping but wont be paying the extra $5 for shipping as $17 is too much. Please shipping Gods get this free shipped here before Valentines day!

RAWR Imma Squarryl

samantha97

quality posts: 0 Private Messages samantha97

My daughter runs Cross Country. Who wouldn't love running down main street with a ninja on their back? Love it, in for one.

lap10

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lap10

Re: write-up

I'm really glad other people have this train of thought, especially the mind-reading parts.

humbleseagoat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages humbleseagoat

$2.00 isn't much, especially when you factor in free shipping, but there was something psychologically soothing about $10. If the shirts were $8.00, people would still refer to them as $10 shirts since that number acts as a symbolic purchase ceiling for consumers.

Anyway, this is more of a burden to the artists, as a slightly higher standard of work needs to be accomplished to justify the less-than-euphoric new price tag. Not saying that the range in quality between a $10 and $12 shirt needs to be significant, but shirt designers will have to add some more creativity and skill to their designs now that we're not as gleefully hypnotized by the price tag.

Yo

Narfcake

quality posts: 279 Private Messages Narfcake
ginbak wrote:... I mean, how the heck many of these things does one person need?

May I plead the fifth? No? Damn.

FWIW, just of Robbie's designs, I have 14-1/2 of them ...

Spring-ATRON R.E.S.U.B.
Fat Unicorn
Youbetchücan!
Tin: Old Skool
Do The Robot
A Clue?
One Flight Per Customer
Hot Dog's Identity Crisis
Tofu, Food’s Master of Disguise
Cycle of Life: A Ride for Water
Sunset
Forbidden Future
Killer Penguin
Night School
Lucky Park

When I buy this at its REGULAR $15, this will be number 15-1/2.

rangerlg

quality posts: 8 Private Messages rangerlg
blue_94_trooper wrote:Reckoning shirts have always been $15 except for an hour or so of every Woot Off.

Your right, not sure what I was thinking. Darn cold medication.

Narfcake

quality posts: 279 Private Messages Narfcake
SumDuud wrote:My wife has asked me not to buy her or my kids any more woot shirts because of this (dying and sizing issues.) ...

Hmmm ... I have to say, they've been the most consistent on the sizing (probably around 200 of them in ML and MXL). Never had any dying issues either.

If the shirt is defective when you get it, an email to service would've solved that.

JesusQuintana

quality posts: 1 Private Messages JesusQuintana

Although I too am not pleased with the $2 increase, and I bet it hurts sales for a while...I bought this one. Just Too Cool Robbie!!!

Nileo2005

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Nileo2005

Yeah. $2 isn't bad, but thats a 20% increase. Kinda steep if you ask me, especially considering the quality. I have received many shirts with pin holes in places, bad seam lines, etc. and really haven't cared because its a decent price and they are fun shirts. The notion of paying more for inferior quality clothing kills the deal for me. Unless this price increase guarantees an increase in QC to the point where I know my shirts are defect free, I'm probably not going to find many designs worth investment.

Still going to go for random shirts though as long as they didn't go up too!

anamya

quality posts: 1 Private Messages anamya

Ahh! No! Why does it have to be green? What are the chances for a red or blue version? I love the idea.

lucindac

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lucindac

Amazon. Cotton crop was poor this year, cotton has truly gotten more expensive, but I'm not sure it has gotten 20% more expensive. Still I really like this shirt and am in for one. I will take a pass on future shirts though.

seahokedrama

quality posts: 30 Private Messages seahokedrama
lucindac wrote:Cotton crop was poor this year, cotton has truly gotten more expensive,

I'm blaming the Boll Weevils...

They're lookin' for a home

gjames

quality posts: 7 Private Messages gjames

Ah, a Woot Shirt that I can wear to work... under an open shirt that covers the back design.

nathanwpyle

quality posts: 37 Private Messages nathanwpyle

Robbie this is fantastic!

jbhswim

quality posts: 31 Private Messages jbhswim

Too bad that all the comments for shirts for about the next week will be the price increase. Shame.

mxm9

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mxm9

20% price increase
hmmmm

Thanks AMAZON

integrar0064

quality posts: 1 Private Messages integrar0064

great description plus awesome shirt.......yeah I bought one

rglee129

quality posts: 27 Private Messages rglee129

Thanks for all of the positive comments about the design. And great, long write-up, woot. I laughed out loud.

rglee129

quality posts: 27 Private Messages rglee129
Narfcake wrote:May I plead the fifth? No? Damn.

FWIW, just of Robbie's designs, I have 14-1/2 of them ...

Spring-ATRON R.E.S.U.B.
Fat Unicorn
Youbetchücan!
Tin: Old Skool
Do The Robot
A Clue?
One Flight Per Customer
Hot Dog's Identity Crisis
Tofu, Food’s Master of Disguise
Cycle of Life: A Ride for Water
Sunset
Forbidden Future
Killer Penguin
Night School
Lucky Park

When I buy this at its REGULAR $15, this will be number 15-1/2.

Quality Post! (And thanks for waiting until the next day. That's awesome.)

wolf68k

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wolf68k

I don't know why but I had to get this.

Adelas

quality posts: 11 Private Messages Adelas

My husband is going to kill me.

basfiji

quality posts: 9 Private Messages basfiji

Why wait to the next day to buy the shirt?

jhgalvas

quality posts: 25 Private Messages jhgalvas

Woot should have a special place in their Hamper of Fame for Narfcake and the other top buyers. Even though I check woot daily I can rarely afford to click the stupidly large button. Thank you fellow wooters for keeping shirt.woot financed for me!

jhgalvas

quality posts: 25 Private Messages jhgalvas
basfiji wrote:Why wait to the next day to buy the shirt?

The artists receive a flat rate for the first day but $2 per shirt sold for all other days.

lucky1988

quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988

Are you shuriken (sure he can) stay undetected? Congrats, great design Robbie!

randydrobinson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages randydrobinson

12$

gusvonpooch

quality posts: 24 Private Messages gusvonpooch
jhgalvas wrote:The artists receive a flat rate for the first day but $2 per shirt sold for all other days.

Good information,I never knew that.

Crackerballer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Crackerballer

$12? Ninja please...

homerjay747

quality posts: 2 Private Messages homerjay747

so does this mean random shirts will increase in price too?

blue_94_trooper

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blue_94_trooper
seahokedrama wrote: For an adult shirt it is still a good price though for what you get. For a kids shirt it is adding 20% on to something that was already pricey.

I agree with that. In their explanation of the price increase Woot mentions all of the increases to their fixed costs but those costs have always been less for kids shirts than adult shirts. I assume they sell more adult shirts than kid shirts (although I'm sure the ratio varied widely according to the theme), I wonder if they had simultaneously increased adult shirts to $12 while cutting kids' shirts to $8, what the impact on their margin would have been.

blue_94_trooper

homerjay747 wrote:so does this mean random shirts will increase in price too?

Yes.

But not yet.

And nobody knows when.

But you'll be the first to know.

aikkid

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aikkid

I agree @nmpl.

Seriously. Woot is Woot no longer. Oh My Gookie! seriously. It's JUST another store and nothing special about it until they have something cool like this ninja shirt. And that's not good enough reason to get on it every day like I used to. I used to come up here for their unbelievable deals. And with their bad reputation as far as doing right by defective products, I will skip purchasing electronics and big items like that unless they are .99 cents!!!!!!!!!!
Check out the regular Woot!! $800 bucks?!! Why do people buy stuff like that from here. I guess like everything else everything is about marketing and the "hupla"!
Woot, your value is going DOWN DOWN DOWN!!!

I am very very sad

RabidFuzzle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RabidFuzzle

Love this shirt! Bought one today and will most likely buy another before it leaves the reckoning just to have one when my original wears out. Yes the price increase is a bit painful but I get it and it is still cheaper to get a cool design here than to buy something original someplace else.

bswalker21

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bswalker21
aikkid wrote:I agree @nmpl.

Seriously. Woot is Woot no longer. Oh My Gookie! seriously. It's JUST another store and nothing special about it until they have something cool like this ninja shirt. And that's not good enough reason to get on it every day like I used to. I used to come up here for their unbelievable deals. And with their bad reputation as far as doing right by defective products, I will skip purchasing electronics and big items like that unless they are .99 cents!!!!!!!!!!
Check out the regular Woot!! $800 bucks?!! Why do people buy stuff like that from here. I guess like everything else everything is about marketing and the "hupla"!
Woot, your value is going DOWN DOWN DOWN!!!

I am very very sad

Maybe I am missing your sarcasm, but since you have bought no more than 9 items from woot in almost four years, you might have wanted to reconsider looking at this site everyday even before the price increase.

blue_94_trooper

bswalker21 wrote:Maybe I am missing your sarcasm, but since you have bought no more than 9 items from woot in almost four years, you might have wanted to reconsider looking at this site everyday even before the price increase.

Oooooh snap!

btw - I remember 47 cent gasoline and I blame Woot for the 800% increase since then.

HoytClagwell

quality posts: 1 Private Messages HoytClagwell

Thanks Joel!

shirt.woot is definitely not the Schooner Tuna of this economic recession.