jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko

Awesome!

Vote!

Narfcake

quality posts: 292 Private Messages Narfcake
basfiji wrote:Why wait to the next day to buy the shirt?

The way I look at it ...

- $12, no extra commission.
- $15 with a $2 split to the artist. So I see it as a $13 shirt at this point with a $2 tip.

$12 ... $13 ... not enough of a difference to matter going to Woot. But I know that $2 can make a world of difference to the artists.

sjswarm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sjswarm

I feel sorry for the poor souls who cant afford the extra $2.

Oh wait, no I dont. **** `em.

regularshmo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages regularshmo
Narfcake wrote:The way I look at it ...

- $15 with a $2 split to the artist. So I see it as a $13 shirt at this point with a $2 tip.

$12 ... $13 ... not enough of a difference to matter going to Woot. But I know that $2 can make a world of difference to the artists.

great way of looking at it...very altruistic

RivkaGoldstein

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RivkaGoldstein

Well, I was looking for the long sleeved one....was hoping "Woot Workout" was available...or how about the Caffeine? No long sleeved options?

blue_94_trooper

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blue_94_trooper
RivkaGoldstein wrote:Well, I was looking for the long sleeved one....was hoping "Woot Workout" was available...or how about the Caffeine? No long sleeved options?

Every day must be a brand new adventure for you! How exciting it must be to not be stuck in a drab world where you know that everything just works the way it always has.

gjames

quality posts: 7 Private Messages gjames
blue_94_trooper wrote:In their explanation of the price increase Woot mentions all of the increases to their fixed costs but those costs have always been less for kids shirts than adult shirts. I assume they sell more adult shirts than kid shirts (although I'm sure the ratio varied widely according to the theme), I wonder if they had simultaneously increased adult shirts to $12 while cutting kids' shirts to $8, what the impact on their margin would have been.

Or, the sales of kids shirts help subsidize the cost of the X-size shirts, which are not premium priced, and the adult size shirts in between are the median cost. Well, maybe the M/L/XL are median judging from how sales of random unprinted shirt packs sell out. Some sites do charge more for 2X or larger.

plbishop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages plbishop

Gotta say finding out about the price hike from posts made today by kind woot users is not cool. Woot central can email me about their tacky Xmas shirt but not about a pricehike??? Boooooo and hisssssss to you Woot!!!!

bluejester

quality posts: 569 Private Messages bluejester
Narfcake wrote:The way I look at it ...

$2.00/20 cents per packet of ramen = 10 meals.

It may sound silly, but if you break it down to something as simple as that it can go to show just how far $2 can go.

Just some "food" for thought.

Sirguynate

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Sirguynate

I wouldn't have thought twice about buying this for $10.

At $12, I thought twice and didn't make the purchase.

No matter what, 20% is a big increase: Sorry Woot!

Sirguynate

sjswarm wrote:I feel sorry for the poor souls who cant afford the extra $2.

Oh wait, no I dont. **** `em.

You too buddy.

Sirguynate

bluejester wrote:$2.00/20 cents per packet of ramen = 10 meals.

It may sound silly, but if you break it down to something as simple as that it can go to show just how far $2 can go.

+1

bluejester

quality posts: 569 Private Messages bluejester
Sirguynate wrote:You too buddy.

I think we's doing his take on the famous W.C. Fields quote (which is claimed he said on his deathbed.)

seahokedrama

quality posts: 30 Private Messages seahokedrama

The problem is- woot wants us to die of starvation just so they can get more money!

They live for our misery and suffering.

They hate all of us... especially me.

blue_94_trooper

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blue_94_trooper

If the $2 means that much to you then you probably shouldn't be spending that other $10 on a Woot shirt. Buy some fresh produce instead of ramen.

cvargo1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cvargo1

Why always green woot! I have too many green shirts

Excuse me but I just wooted

cvargo1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cvargo1

If the price on the Barrels of Crud goes up by $2 I hope everyone here doesn't try to by one because that means better chances for me

Excuse me but I just wooted

basfiji

quality posts: 9 Private Messages basfiji
blue_94_trooper wrote:If the $2 means that much to you then you probably shouldn't be spending that other $10 on a Woot shirt. Buy some fresh produce instead of ramen.

You're missing the point here. How do you justify a 20% increase in anything. If gas prices went from $3.25 to $4.06 in a single day it would be the number one thing discussed everywhere.
If you have to make a fixed cost increase of 20% in one time period then whoever is doing your financial analysis should be fired (which is probably not the reason). This leaves me to believe that the true reason for a 20% mark up was just simply supply and demand, I have a product you want and you will pay more to get it, because on average you buy 28 shirts a month.

Secondly, while $2 is not a whole lot of money. If you were fiscally responsible, then you would have to pull that additional $2 from some other entity or buy less Woot Shirts. So, if I bought an average of 15 Woot Shirts a month the increase is $360 a year, which could be a car payment or a winter heating bill. However, if I buy 3 less Woot Shirts per month to account for the increase in cost, I will save $360 per year. Therefore, I will opt to buy only the Woot Shirts that make are justifiable by a price increase. Hence decreasing demand and increasing supply, which will inventively be the down fall of AMAZON on this front.

Lastly product change, the shirts they are using are less of a quality then they were even a year ago, or they look like it.

purplekanga

quality posts: 2 Private Messages purplekanga

Can someone tell me about the sizes? I'm a petite woman, but I don't like skin-tight shirts that emphasize every curve. A kids' size 16 or child's XL is usually about right for me in regular T-shirts. In a button-down shirt that's designed to be fitted but not tight, a women's petite small is about right. What size Woot shirt would I want?

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
cvargo1 wrote:Why always green woot! I have too many green shirts

There aren't that many green shirts. I'd speculate there are more gray ones.

I'm just hanging out, really.

ramyb

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb
purplekanga wrote:Can someone tell me about the sizes? I'm a petite woman, but I don't like skin-tight shirts that emphasize every curve. A kids' size 16 or child's XL is usually about right for me in regular T-shirts. In a button-down shirt that's designed to be fitted but not tight, a women's petite small is about right. What size Woot shirt would I want?

Woot shirts run pretty small, and are also prone to shrinking. I know my nephew, who is 10, can't wear any of the kids sizes after one washing, so I generally get him a women's medium, and after shrinking it fits him pretty well. I would estimate he is just a little under 5' tall, but the shirt is a little long on him. My sister, who is 5'5 and about 130lb, can also fit in the medium but finds it to be quite tight. If you are a petite woman but are not looking for a fitted shirt, that's the size I would suggest for you. I obviously don't have a perfect size comparison to make here, but I'm guessing you are probably in between the sizes of my sister and my nephew, so it seems like a logical choice to me. Confirmation from someone else would be nice here though

Narfcake

purplekanga wrote:Can someone tell me about the sizes? I'm a petite woman ...

Read this thread.

Narfcake

basfiji wrote: ... because on average you buy 28 shirts a month.

... So, if I bought an average of 15 Woot Shirts a month ...

OK, I don't think ANYONE here comes close to either of those numbers. And that's coming from someone who has enough Woot shirts to NOT have to do laundry until the middle of September ...

thumperchick

quality posts: 248 Private Messages thumperchick

I just realized if I wear this shirt, it will look like the ninja is riding on my back fat.

Yeah, awesome visual. You are all welcome.

lanceswarts

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lanceswarts
purplekanga wrote:Can someone tell me about the sizes? I'm a petite woman, but I don't like skin-tight shirts that emphasize every curve. A kids' size 16 or child's XL is usually about right for me in regular T-shirts. In a button-down shirt that's designed to be fitted but not tight, a women's petite small is about right. What size Woot shirt would I want?

We should date.

Also, woot shirts run small and shrink about 1/3 a size when washed. so if a large was a "3" before washing, its about a 2.66 after the first wash.

jhgalvas

quality posts: 25 Private Messages jhgalvas

I honestly don't think the price increase will affect my buying at all as I'm a pretty discriminate buyer to begin with. (I usually only get the shirts that will allow me to maintain my life philosophy of "no regrets".) Now that there is only a $3 difference between first day and all others, I will probably be more likely to take my time pulling the trigger knowing I'm not facing the $5 price hike of the past. Also I agree with Narfcake that it is much kinder to the artist to wait. However, if this trend were to catch on, Woot could end up paying the artists a lot more. Something like that could potentionaly affect profit margins and cause an additional price increase. I predict "reckoning" shirts to go up to $18 to prevent this from happening and maintain the precedent of a 50% price hike after day 1 (It's currently a 25% hike). I hope I'm wrong.

Narfcake

jhgalvas wrote:... Something like that could potentionaly affect profit margins and cause an additional price increase.

Seeing how $15 means a net of $13 to Woot, they'd like that $1 more than selling on the debut day.

arcade-art

quality posts: 1 Private Messages arcade-art

wow, button a bouncing! ^_____^ congrats!

............ Video Game Art and Custom Sprites ............

royp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages royp

I'm new to woot, I bought my first t-shirt last week. I'm the sort of guy who will grope potato chip bags if I feel there is an excessive amount of air in the one I indiscriminately chose. As you can imagine, this price hike is very disheartening to me, because I am a very cheap bastard.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 223 Private Messages Spiritgreen

The first $12 sell-out is imminent. Ka-pow! Way to go, Mr Lee.

:D

jhgalvas

quality posts: 25 Private Messages jhgalvas
Narfcake wrote:Seeing how $15 means a net of $13 to Woot, they'd like that $1 more than selling on the debut day.

Oops! I ran the numbers and you're right, I'm wrong. Guess I should have done that before posting, eh? ;)

bubbawhack

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bubbawhack

If this shirt is $12, does that mean that all other shirts will be $12 as well. Shirtwoot, you crazy.

loststream

quality posts: 5 Private Messages loststream
loststream wrote:I AGREE!

I agreed until my 8 year old son got home from school just now, and said this would be a cool shirt to wear, especially in time for St. Patrick's Day... In for one!

windstirrer

quality posts: 7 Private Messages windstirrer

Well crap!!! I was just ordering it, when I realized that part of my account information needed to be updated, so I fixed it. Then I hit the first gold button and promptly realized there was a typo, clicked the edit button, got sent to the home page with the sell out sign. I then roared and then a couple of my family ran to see what was wrong. They found my fury somewhat misplaced. And before Goldthorn assassinates me, I will just wait for the shirt tomorrow in the reckoning, but still, some woot ninja out there sniped my 12 dollar discount price! You sir/madam are on my slightly miffed at list!

russillian

quality posts: 1 Private Messages russillian

Aaaarrgghh! Sold out while logging in.

chiieddy

quality posts: 5 Private Messages chiieddy

If you don't like fitted, get the mens. The sizes run a bit small. I'm 5'0" but a bit large on top and the Men's Medium is fine on me. If I feel like fits, the Women's Large is better. You should check the sizing guide as well.

mrsrobot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrsrobot

I normally buy a size small in juniors shirts and they fit well. When I order these, I normally get a medium and that fits perfect. I don't know if that really helps that much, but I tried anyway! : )

gusvonpooch

quality posts: 24 Private Messages gusvonpooch

Bravo ! 6,000 sold, is that a record?

aramis525

quality posts: 8 Private Messages aramis525
gusvonpooch wrote:Bravo ! 6,000 sold, is that a record?

Nope! 6,000 will always be the first day sale when it sells out...until woot decides to change it again.

greenlightgo722

quality posts: 1 Private Messages greenlightgo722

I am so happy this sold out, even with the complainers about the extra $2 price increase. Get over it!

Robbie! amazing job having the first sell-out of a $12 t-shirt