kllangellier

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kllangellier
aramis525 wrote:Nope! 6,000 will always be the first day sale when it sells out...until woot decides to change it again.

But is it the first sell out at 6000? Also, Apparently the price hike didn't affect much, haha.

nathanwpyle

quality posts: 37 Private Messages nathanwpyle

First $12 sell-out! COngrats to Robbie!

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation

Wow, congrats, Robbie! This is the first 6000 sell out I think. Woot indeed!

Narfcake

quality posts: 289 Private Messages Narfcake
bassanimation wrote:Wow, congrats, Robbie! This is the first 6000 sell out I think. Woot indeed!

First 6k/$12 sellout. The Dark Knight and Run Away! Run Away! were 6k/$10 sellouts.

blue_94_trooper

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blue_94_trooper
basfiji wrote: This leaves me to believe that the true reason for a 20% mark up was just simply supply and demand, I have a product you want and you will pay more to get it,

EVERYTHING is priced according to what the market will bear. Woot believes that this will not overly impact their sales so they bump up the price. They do have to make a profit and if they can't make a profit at $10 and if nobody is buying at $12 the accountants will tell them to get out of the shirt business not drop the price.

basfiji wrote:
Secondly, while $2 is not a whole lot of money. If you were fiscally responsible, then you would have to pull that additional $2 from some other entity or buy less Woot Shirts. So, if I bought an average of 15 Woot Shirts a month the increase is $360 a year, which could be a car payment or a winter heating bill. However, if I buy 3 less Woot Shirts per month to account for the increase in cost, I will save $360 per year.

If you budget yourself to that level of precision, more power to you.

BTW - this shirt sold out so what does that tell you about the price increase's effect on demand?

nathanwpyle

quality posts: 37 Private Messages nathanwpyle
Narfcake wrote:First 6k/$12 sellout. The Dark Knight and Run Away! Run Away! were 6k/$10 sellouts.

RamyB's Family Breakfast too!

bassanimation

Narfcake wrote:First 6k/$12 sellout. The Dark Knight and Run Away! Run Away! were 6k/$10 sellouts.

Ah you are correct! I think this proves that if people want something, they will pay for it. And I think everyone will pay for ninjas. OR NINJAS WILL MAKE THEM PAY!

brobest

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brobest

Please bring this one back...again. I missed my chance!

Woot! for president!

Narfcake

quality posts: 289 Private Messages Narfcake
brobest wrote:Please bring this one back...again. I missed my chance!

CLICK HERE tomorrow (which in Woot time, is 16 minutes from the time of this post) to purchase it at it's regular $15 price.

bluejester

quality posts: 568 Private Messages bluejester

So glad I nabbed this one earlier. I had a feeling it would be a sellout.

Congrats Robbie!

purplekanga

quality posts: 2 Private Messages purplekanga

Thanks so much for the sizing advice and the link to the other thread, everyone. I had looked at the sizing guide and was still confused, and had looked for a discussion thread on the topic but hadn't found one.

Oh, and lanceswarts, I'm very happily married, with children.

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

Wooter to blame for sellout: ericacline
Sellout time: Tuesday, January 17, 2012, 8:14:20 PM Central Time
Order pace: 0m 12.143s
Woot wage: $3,557.55 (revenue per hour)
Total woots: 6000

First day sales: 6000 first $12 shirt to sell out.

Last wooter to woot: wasabiway
Last purchase time: Wednesday, January 18, 2012, 12:05:11 AM Central Time
Order pace: 0m 14.449s
Woot wage: $3,736.61
Woots sold: 6001

Took five minutes to make the next sale!

thumperchick

quality posts: 245 Private Messages thumperchick

oops...

basfiji

quality posts: 9 Private Messages basfiji
blue_94_trooper wrote:If you budget yourself to that level of precision, more power to you.

BTW - this shirt sold out so what does that tell you about the price increase's effect on demand?

It tells me that the shirt was good. Again, if the shirt warrants the cost increase fine, but more often than not this doesn't happen.

elankat

quality posts: 7 Private Messages elankat
blue_94_trooper wrote:

It tells me that people will pay for a Woot shirt that's printed in a different fashion, particularly if it's a decent one.

finnatti

quality posts: 0 Private Messages finnatti

If you bought this shirt, would you be kind enough to post a confirmation on the colour? (Picture would be awesome if it's not too much trouble.)

It looks more a forest/british racing green on my computer(s), but says kelly green. Just curious as to which it (actually) is.

Thanks!

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
finnatti wrote:If you bought this shirt, would you be kind enough to post a confirmation on the colour? (Picture would be awesome if it's not too much trouble.)

It looks more a forest/british racing green on my computer(s), but says kelly green. Just curious as to which it (actually) is.

Thanks!

I'd go by the description before a picture. The Woot! offered kelly green looks like the carpet on a mini-golf course.

move along

bassanimation

Hello new #1 :D Those are some badass sales!

aikkid

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aikkid
mjkimble wrote:lolz @ all the whiners. How many products do you buy that have never seen a price increase?

how many products have you seen that had a price increase and kept 100% of their customer base.

people are STILL loosing jobs. salaries are still being cut. there are hardly any increases in salary. but product increases like all over the place. some of us have to make a decision sometimes and say maybe a t shirt is not THAT serious and/or necessary. deciding maybe woot is no longer feasible for our pockets and voicing it. and looking for something else that strikes our fancy. even though i'm poor, i'd also like to indulge in some things. lol

finnatti

quality posts: 0 Private Messages finnatti
j5 wrote:I'd go by the description before a picture. The Woot! offered kelly green looks like the carpet on a mini-golf course.

Ok, thanks!

(Too bad though, I was sold on the darker colour.)

Bakawun

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bakawun
Zamiel4tw wrote:For those too lazy to look it up, here's why it's $12 now: http://shirt.woot.com/Blog/ViewEntry.aspx?Id=21031

Thanks for bumping that link!

chiobio

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chiobio

I must confess... I didn't really like the shirt, but I just noticed the design is on THE BACK. Now I really like it.

martierison

quality posts: 0 Private Messages martierison

I got this shirt for my kid (8). He wore it to school yesterday. Everyone liked it. So much so that he did not want to take it off at the end of the day. Awesome

dschumm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dschumm

Gaaa! The shirt just arrived yesterday for my wife, and the SIZE HAS CHANGED! She's been a regular Woot Shirter for over a year now and has always been happy with a Large, but all of a sudden this Large shirt is much tinier. Doesn't fit at all.

Not quite as soft either.

What's the deal, Shirt.Woot? Especially sad given the price increase.

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

dschumm wrote:Gaaa! The shirt just arrived yesterday for my wife, and the SIZE HAS CHANGED! She's been a regular Woot Shirter for over a year now and has always been happy with a Large, but all of a sudden this Large shirt is much tinier. Doesn't fit at all.

Not quite as soft either.

What's the deal, Shirt.Woot? Especially sad given the price increase.

Please email service@woot.com with your issue. Please include your order number and, ideally, links to some photos of the shirt in question being compared, size-wise, to your other woot shirts of the same size (maybe a shirt-over-shirt overlay or something? I dunno, I'm just suggesting photos because evidence is always helpful to making a case, right?).

VenusAD

quality posts: 8 Private Messages VenusAD

Whoa o.0 Awesome shirts for 12 bucks still seems like a steal to me, though there is certainly some part of my brain that likes the nice friendly "10" better...but heck, I feel like I'm somehow spending less when I pay 70 rather than 68..which is just kind of sad, really.

Most places I see with designs not quite half as awesome as Woot ones usually sell from 16 to 25 (I'm looking at you, certain pseudo-gothy now kind of bright and happy and cashing in on the Twilight craze store). And those shirts are never as good quality as the ones I get here.

But...I do understand those that can't afford the increase. Unfortunately, Woot still has to support itself and meet its various expenses and continue to make sure the artists benefit as well.

Half the time, I end up arriving too late and paying the 15 in the derby anyway. If the design is great enough, I don't mind. I would no sooner pay 10 bucks for a shirt I only kind of like than I would pay 12 or 15, anyway. ...and still no shipping cost? Woot is still awesome to me.

xmakina

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xmakina

Arrived yesterday, love the design and can't wait for the frozen wastes of England to warm up again so I can show it off!

dschumm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dschumm
goldenthorn wrote:Please email service@woot.com with your issue. Please include your order number and, ideally, links to some photos of the shirt in question being compared, size-wise, to your other woot shirts of the same size (maybe a shirt-over-shirt overlay or something? I dunno, I'm just suggesting photos because evidence is always helpful to making a case, right?).

Awesome News: Woot! customer service is awesome and they took very good care of me and I heart them very much. I am wearing my sneaky ninja shirt now

Not-Awesome News: The WXL is pretty tiny too. I'm sitting here tugging it down. Still smaller than all my previous WLs. Not only is this bad for my ego, but I don't think I can order more Woot! shirts....just can't bring myself to select W2XL (if there is such a thing).

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
dschumm wrote:Awesome News: Woot! customer service is awesome and they took very good care of me and I heart them very much. I am wearing my sneaky ninja shirt now

Not-Awesome News: The WXL is pretty tiny too. I'm sitting here tugging it down. Still smaller than all my previous WLs. Not only is this bad for my ego, but I don't think I can order more Woot! shirts....just can't bring myself to select W2XL (if there is such a thing).

As a WXL myself, I find the MM to be pretty flattering without the tuggy issue. Seriously, give it a shot.

I'm just hanging out, really.

bardic

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bardic

Ordered my wife and I one, and my brother ordered some for his wife, boys, and himself. It's a little disappointing that the airbrushed wrinkles where the ninja is holding onto the shirt are so light, but if you look closely you can see them. All in all, an awsome design and really fun to wear. Everyone has loved it.

shirtstalker37

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shirtstalker37

When I first got it, the design seemed to stick to my back, which was really distracting. After a couple hours, though, I either didn't notice anymore or it got broken in or something.
Just a heads-up. Still a great shirt.

ivys123456

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ivys123456

love it
more design like this please

oklahomafire

quality posts: 3 Private Messages oklahomafire

I ordered this shirt on Monday morning and paid $5 for overnight shipping (Tuesday). It's Wednesday and it still has not left WOOT to be shipped......

neostarmaster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages neostarmaster

I got one and I love it Hugs to the artist <3

oklahomafire

quality posts: 3 Private Messages oklahomafire
oklahomafire wrote:I ordered this shirt on Monday morning and paid $5 for overnight shipping (Tuesday). It's Wednesday and it still has not left WOOT to be shipped......

Still have not received the shirt, so I called WOOT and they refunded my $5 Overnight Fee. They need to offer better clarification on Overnight times.

mclayjones3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mclayjones3

Needed something unique for St. Patty's day. This oughta do it!

kevowanj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kevowanj

Very creative!! even with that price tag i'm still so tempted to buy

A Beast!

andy2010

quality posts: 1 Private Messages andy2010

Clever shirt, I just ordered mine

dirtypeach

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dirtypeach

I can't find and information on returns or exchanges. Anyone know about that? I ordered a shirt and it's just way too small

I'd like to exchange it for a different size. I love this shirt and would like to wear it!

rogue8402

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rogue8402
dirtypeach wrote:I can't find and information on returns or exchanges. Anyone know about that? I ordered a shirt and it's just way too small

I'd like to exchange it for a different size. I love this shirt and would like to wear it!

Check here:
http://shirt.woot.com/WhatIsWoot.aspx