LaurenLycanthropy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages LaurenLycanthropy
creativehack wrote:The title given to the shirt is a reference to Evil Dead 2
here's the clip, skip to 4:34

Thank you! I was about to post the same thing before I read your post haha

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 223 Private Messages Spiritgreen
MigratingCoconut wrote:Little too obscure, even for me.

Maybe if it was pirate themed with a hook. Maybe.

Obscure? You sir, are banned from the internet until you have watched Evil Dead 1, 2 and Army of Darkness. (and unwatched the Pirates of the Caribbean movies)

specsmachine

quality posts: 31 Private Messages specsmachine

Evil Dead 2 is one of my favorite movies of all time.

themanoftheland8

quality posts: 0 Private Messages themanoftheland8

I agree... Get over yourselves... It's a difference of $2... and shipping is still free domestically... Try to find a better site with fresh and random shirts like woot that offer a better deal.

Or better yet, why not start your own if it's so cheap to do? Remember, there's more than just the cost of cotton that goes into a tshirt...

Jerruh

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Jerruh

I thought it was a reference to the Barbobot...

http://video.adultswim.com/sealab-2021/gimme-the-other-chainsaw.htmlt

amadeofan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amadeofan

I thought it might be that Madworld game, then I woke up enough and screamed about boomsticks. Good way to start a day

cmaxelson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cmaxelson

Complete win. Still have the chainsaw arm we made from Halloween 2 years ago. Boyfriend will LOVE this!

...stimpy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ...stimpy

Would you rather sell 20 shirts at $5 or 10 shirts at $10? ... either way you end up with $100 but the second option costs you 5 less shirts from stock.

That's the simple part of the math all companies today (aka Amazon) understand ... what they miss is that buy cutting your customer base in half, you reduce exposure (repeat biz... refs ...)

Price hikes without warning worked well for AOL and Netflix ... granted this one is less extreme ... but still

Good luck with this. ba-bye

greenman34

quality posts: 9 Private Messages greenman34

Shop Smart, Shop S-MART

skatimmy737

quality posts: 207 Private Messages skatimmy737

I would definitely finish off with an air-dryer.

brtw

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brtw

I've known for a while that the shirts came from American Apparel, ever since I got a shirt that had one of their tags. I believe it was the one of link breaking the hyrulian sword, "epic fail". American Appareal has very good standards for their clothing, and while I personally do not buy products from them on a regular basis, I'm glad to know that a company like Woot values using their product and I will proudly continue to wear woot shirts to the gym. Yeah dude, I'm wearing a narwhal t-shirt and benching 120, you got a problem with that?!?!?!

I am brtw

RandomLynx

quality posts: 5 Private Messages RandomLynx

At least they got it right - the right hand is missing. Might be petty but it annoys me when pics show the chainsaw on the left ^.^;;;

squirtle456

quality posts: 1 Private Messages squirtle456

Ash has worked in retail long enough to know that he needs to wash his hands before returning to work. One drop of evil contaminated blood could ruin his whole day or week or life.

Gotta catch 'em all

Woodydick1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Woodydick1

Even being an Army of Darkness fan, I do have to lament that this shirt is a bit weak. Just because you reference something awesome doesn't instantly make your original subject witty or humourous. I could say "Teddy Roosevelt" "motor bikes" or "pickled onions" in this post here, but with no context these otherwise awesome things have absolutely no need to be displayed.

Reckon this shirt away woot.

blue_94_trooper

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blue_94_trooper
brtw wrote:I've known for a while that the shirts came from American Apparel, ever since I got a shirt that had one of their tags.

"Back in the day" the shirts all came with AA labels. The custom Woot! labels started... I don't remember when.

SailorSpoon

quality posts: 2 Private Messages SailorSpoon

This was an instant purchase for me. Thanks!

Spoooon!

Lithonius

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Lithonius
Woodydick1 wrote:Even being an Army of Darkness fan, I do have to lament that this shirt is a bit weak. Just because you reference something awesome doesn't instantly make your original subject witty or humourous.

We're laughing at you, Woodydick1, not with you.

natedogg828

quality posts: 4 Private Messages natedogg828

I love it, got the Evil Dead reference as soon as I saw the picture. Bought one for me and one for the wife as we are huge fans of the movie

126 Woots to date across all sites (now Woot! says I am better than everyone else) including 7 Bags of Crap...snagged a Big ol' Crybaby (#6) to secure my black square!
Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

hyliansnake

quality posts: 9 Private Messages hyliansnake
smklung wrote:Tempting me with a $10 shirt makes it easy to sucker me into owning way too many t-shirts. However, $12 just makes me really consider if I need another t-shirt.

Woot you guys better really step it up and get people to pump out some exceptional designs, because I own alot of woot shirts that I wouldn't have paid $12 bucks for.

Concur

VariablePenguin

quality posts: 4 Private Messages VariablePenguin

Oh no! $2 more? I can't afford that. In this economy? Seriously, it's $2 more for funny/original/unique shirts. If you can afford $10, you can probably do $12.

Also, Evil Dead shirt = magnificence. Guess they had to add this in S-Mart employee bathroom when Ash in housewares got back from his cabin trip.

blue_94_trooper

VariablePenguin wrote:Oh no! $2 more? I can't afford that. In this economy? Seriously, it's $2 more for funny/original/unique shirts. If you can afford $10, you can probably do $12.

Apparently you and I are looking at this all wrong. It seems that $2 = 10 packs of ramen. And 10 packs of ramen could keep you alive for a week if you were at the bottom of a cave with your arm trapped under a large rock.

Oh.. and you have water and a hotpot.

natedogg828

quality posts: 4 Private Messages natedogg828
blue_94_trooper wrote:Apparently you and I are looking at this all wrong. It seems that $2 = 10 packs of ramen. And 10 packs of ramen could keep you alive for a week if you were at the bottom of a cave with your arm trapped under a large rock.

Oh.. and you have water and a hotpot.

the hotpot will probably show up on home.woot during the current wootoff

126 Woots to date across all sites (now Woot! says I am better than everyone else) including 7 Bags of Crap...snagged a Big ol' Crybaby (#6) to secure my black square!
Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

bounty42

quality posts: 15 Private Messages bounty42
jhgalvas wrote:Yeah. I don't want a whole week of this "$12?"

Consider this an oppertunity to play "First Guy to ***** About the Price" BINGO! [FGBAP BINGO]

Whoever had FIRST in today's pool WINS!

Numquam minoris aestimo potentia stultis, maxime in magna coetus
------------------------------------
■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(2:02 PM, 6/15/2012) bounty42 runs numbers.
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

blue_94_trooper

127 Hours – Twilight Zone/Evil Dead style

You’re out spelunking when you fall into a crevice and awake to find your arm trapped under a rock. You have no food and little water and there is no way anybody is going to find you. After some time and careful consideration you determine that you need to amputate your arm and escape on your own if there is any chance of your survival. Luckily you have a chainsaw hand so the amputation goes quickly. The pain is excruciating and you pass out.

Later you awake and realize that all of this was a dream. As you come further into consciousness you realize that you are in fact at the bottom of a cave with your arm trapped beneath a rock. Only when you are fully conscious does the horrible truth come to you. It’s your chainsaw hand that is trapped under the rock and you don’t even have a rusty penknife with which to amputate that arm to free yourself. You scream for help but there is no one to hear you.

cyberpizza13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cyberpizza13
rlapid2112 wrote:It's an Army of Darkness reference.

This.
Is.
My.
Boomstick!!!!

Well it is an Evil Dead reference. The chainsaw shows up in Evil Dead 2, Army of Darkness is Evil Dead 3.

artgirl929

quality posts: 1 Private Messages artgirl929

As somebody who hasn't seen any of the movies this references, I liked this shirt better the way I originally mis-read it "All Employees Must Chainsaw Hands Before Returning To Work" That's funny.

spiderweb1986

quality posts: 3 Private Messages spiderweb1986
jhgalvas wrote:Yeah. I don't want a whole week of this "$12?"

Quit whining.

Not everybody checks the site daily. And if you didn't know the price had gone up, seeing that it had jumped 20% without warning or explanation is going to be a little shocking.

If I were Woot, I would consider throwing a link to the blog post about why the price went up on the main shirt.woot page and leaving it there for a week or two.

VariablePenguin wrote:Oh no! $2 more? I can't afford that. In this economy? Seriously, it's $2 more for funny/original/unique shirts. If you can afford $10, you can probably do $12.

I'm fresh out of college.

I'm also broke. The extra $2 is definitely enough to make me think a little longer before I buy a shirt. As it stands now I only buy occasionally, but the price increase will probably mean that if I'm on the fence about a shirt I won't buy it now.

I understand the rationale for the price increase, but that doesn't mean I'm happy about it.

nmpls

quality posts: 22 Private Messages nmpls
Woodydick1 wrote:Even being an Army of Darkness fan, I do have to lament that this shirt is a bit weak. Just because you reference something awesome doesn't instantly make your original subject witty or humourous. I could say "Teddy Roosevelt" "motor bikes" or "pickled onions" in this post here, but with no context these otherwise awesome things have absolutely no need to be displayed.

Reckon this shirt away woot.

I hate to agree. This is shirt that no one will get until you explain it.

---
Re:$2
Ain't gonna bankrupt me. I prefer it over going to worse fitting blanks. But I'm still gonna Katie Kaboom about it.

nmpls

Oh come on , i acn't say female dog on this site?

Now THAT'S an issue.

nmpls

If this has "S-Mart" written on it somewhere (Like all S-Mart employees must wash chainsaw hand), it would give that needed hint without being to obvious.

Hoomi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Hoomi

Does this shirt go with my Klaatu Barada Necktie?

MrsBones

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MrsBones
nmpls wrote:I hate to agree. This is shirt that no one will get until you explain it.

I don't agree with that at all. I got it, and I haven't even seen all the movies yet.
Also, doesn't it stand to reason that if one bought this shirt (and understood it) that one's friends would also most likely understand this shirt, assuming they have even slightly overlapping interests? I don't know about you, but a lot (not all, but a lot) of my friends share my interests, and Bruce Campbell is one of my interests.

Groovy.

If I'm to keep buying shirts, I need MXS! Please add my size!

RothSothy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages RothSothy

The Evil Dead reference would make sense, but what I had in mind was whether it were a reference to Jack Cayman from MadWorld and Anarchy Reigns:

and perhaps even Juliet Starling from Lolipop Chainsaw:

www.twitter.com/rothsothy

spiderweb1986

quality posts: 3 Private Messages spiderweb1986
nmpls wrote:I hate to agree. This is shirt that no one will get until you explain it.

No, THIS is a shirt that no one will get unless you explain it.

http://shirt.woot.com/Blog/ViewEntry.aspx?Id=18604

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann
MrsBones wrote:I don't agree with that at all. I got it, and I haven't even seen all the movies yet.
Also, doesn't it stand to reason that if one bought this shirt (and understood it) that one's friends would also most likely understand this shirt, assuming they have even slightly overlapping interests? I don't know about you, but a lot (not all, but a lot) of my friends share my interests, and Bruce Campbell is one of my interests.

Groovy.

I too disagree, I knew what this shirt before even seeing a full size picture of it. I couldn't even read the shirt and I knew what it was about.

Also I don't think adding S-Mart would have been necessary. How many chainsaw hand people are out there? I think it would have made the shirt too obvious personally.

nmpls

spiderweb1986 wrote:No, THIS is a shirt that no one will get unless you explain it.

I bought that shirt specifically because of how obscure it was. Never again.

crickee

quality posts: 20 Private Messages crickee
bluejester wrote:Okay, here is the Link to the info about the price increase

...again.

*sigh*

I say youll probably be reposting this every day for about a month. lol

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

You know guys I just got to thinking. If I was ash and I was in the bathroom I would keep my chainsaw hand Far, FAR away from anything that needs touching.

blue_94_trooper

Sometimes it doesn't matter (though I'm not sure in this case). For example I always loved "The Cake is a Liar" at face value. I'm a 47 year old non-gamer so any other meaning was lost on me. But the caption combined with the cake proclaiming itself nutritious was good enough for me!

Now when are they going to have a shirt that references "Reanimator"? Or "Buckaroo Banzai"?

Demonius

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Demonius
spiderweb1986 wrote:No, THIS is a shirt that no one will get unless you explain it.

If someone doesn't get a "Big" reference, then they just need to give up on life.