MrsBones

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MrsBones
blue_94_trooper wrote:Sometimes it doesn't matter (though I'm not sure in this case). For example I always loved "The Cake is a Liar" at face value. I'm a 47 year old non-gamer so any other meaning was lost on me. But the caption combined with the cake proclaiming itself nutritious was good enough for me!

Now when are they going to have a shirt that references "Reanimator"? Or "Buckaroo Banzai"?

Forget the complaints about the $2 price hike, if Woot offers a Buckaroo Bonzai shirt, I will gladly pay $30 for the privilege of owning such an amazing, wearable cult reference.

*Honestly, I'd like to put a BB quote right here, but I can't make up my mind as to which. Reader's choice.

If the powers that be chose to make a RA shirt, I really hope it's a stylized chrome and lime green syringe on black, and nothing else. Sometimes having to explain the joke (via text or verbally) really ruins it.

If I'm to keep buying shirts, I need MXS! Please add my size!

wootvan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages wootvan
spookydeath wrote:Silly price change. Do what you can to keep the price down. Cost of producing the shirt and shipping is really negligible, so there should be no need to raise the price. Not buying any more shirts while its at $12.

"Negligible"...according to whom?

jlikesilver

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jlikesilver

Only in Texas, ;)

mrgibbs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrgibbs

I don't get it. It's not funny. Too bad. I come from a along line of. Hain saw carvers. I'm going to annual chainsaw rendezvous in PA in Feb. I'd love to have a chainsaw theme shirt. I'd buy a half dozen for peers. Too bad this one is dorky. Make a funny chainsaw shirt and call me in the morning

jimestelle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jimestelle

Did you ever wonder if Woot has trolls that also post under comments?
Seems so.............

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

jimestelle wrote:Did you ever wonder if Woot has trolls that also post under comments?
Seems so.............

Nah, if we're gonna troll, we do it with our staff accounts. We don't care.

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

mlovesr

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mlovesr

Great title, man! Just givin' a shout out to Hemingway.

msnevets

quality posts: 0 Private Messages msnevets

result=boomstick x2

Narfcake

quality posts: 284 Private Messages Narfcake

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

Last wooter to woot: kirkalpha
Last purchase time: Wednesday, January 18, 2012, 11:55:08 PM Central Time
Order pace: 2m 8.710s
Woot wage: $3,010.21
Woots sold: 669

Last wooter to woot: rcgsavage
Last purchase time: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 12:11:31 AM Central Time
Order pace: 2m 9.986s
Woot wage: $3,720.26
Woots sold: 670

First day: 669

jeffreydmoreno

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeffreydmoreno

Yea, like two days a go. So long woot shirt. 10 was cool but 12 no thanks. I will buy from another site now. To bad I have like 10 shirts from woot. So looong

Australia_

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Australia_
spookydeath wrote:Silly price change. Do what you can to keep the price down. Cost of producing the shirt and shipping is really negligible, so there should be no need to raise the price. Not buying any more shirts while its at $12.

your logic is painfully and completely absent.

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann
jeffreydmoreno wrote:Yea, like two days a go. So long woot shirt. 10 was cool but 12 no thanks. I will buy from another site now. To bad I have like 10 shirts from woot. So looong

Don't let the door hit you on the way out!

rogerdnapugh

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rogerdnapugh

Folks have their lines in the sand for what constitutes a good deal. I look at other sites for high quality original designs on shirts, and there just aren't many other places that compete for the price. There are some places where you can get cheaper shirts, but you know, they are cheaper all the way around, not just price.

I imagine the price increase has a little to do with actual cost of materials, but much more to do with maintenance on large facilities, utilities, insurance, lawyers, keeping quality personnel, paying professional artistic staff to produce high quality designs, that sort of thing.

However, it probably would have been a good idea (still is) for Woot to inform its regulars via a front page link that prices had to go up.