yourangel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yourangel
Re: Panda Watercolor

Love the eyes

aefuller27

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aefuller27
jsee1218 wrote:why is the design so far down on the shirt??? the design is awesome, but the placement, not so much.

I liked the lower placement––it's kind of girly, buuuut I'm a girl ; ) (I wonder if I could change it now, though...)

mshuisherself

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mshuisherself
Re: Looking Up V2

This one reminds me of Robin Hobb's dragon books.

blanked

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blanked
aefuller27 wrote:I liked the lower placement––it's kind of girly, buuuut I'm a girl ; ) (I wonder if I could change it now, though...)

Only by resubbing it with the placement changed.

twiliteoni

quality posts: 0 Private Messages twiliteoni

These guys are awesome! GMV!!

tjschaeffer

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tjschaeffer
Re: Daydreaming in Watercolor

Six colors on white. Done in gimp, which is NOT halftone friendly...

cpresti

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cpresti
dreadwood wrote:This is pretty sweet I'm not sure if woot can print it like that with the halftones overlapping.

Really? I was under the impression that was how it was done lol

Check out my Food design please!

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
missdoodle wrote:I'm sorry endangeredomega. Cute is what I like to do.

I see nothing here that detracted from the original whatsoever.

To me, the simplified characters work with the overall design. The original, while lovely, was a bit heavy on the cat's realism. Then you had the little sort of round, cartoony mouse below. They both felt like they were from different types of illustrations. Both are wonderful, but having both characters simplified in the same way creates more unity within the whole image. For instance, Walmazan keeps the same consistency within his images of characters. They all have a very simplified, cute look. This makes the scene come together.

Oh yeah, +1! The orange color is also a perfect compliment to the blue water. I would so buy the crazyness out of this shirt. Great work!

Also I pimped this every place I could. Good luck!

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 36 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
omarfeliciano wrote:I like the pop-culture related designs as much as the next guy, but sometimes they all seem the same concept repeated over and over, just tailored to the theme that week.

I think the purpose of this derby was to push us designer to come up with different and more artistic concepts. And I believe that's what we've all started to do here. I am in love with so many designs this week, including yours Nice technique!

Agreed! I love it when woot pushes us outside our artistic comfort zones. We end up learning new techniques and skills. The bonus is we produce new and different designs to add to our portfolios! I'm really enjoying yours this week too.

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
Re: A Quiet Day

This is really cool, MJ! I love how each little cloud is different and feels very lovingly detailed. Great work!

bnatale

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bnatale
Re: Deep Sea School

I really like the colors in this!

dbenton25

quality posts: 12 Private Messages dbenton25
axphw1 wrote:The ONLY shirt colors you can use for this derby are Creme, Lemon, Baby Blue, and White.

Oops... heh, seems like woot's got a little extra cream, lemon, baby blue and white inventory, huh?

David Benton a.k.a. Droidloot

Redbubble - Welovefine - Spreadshirt - Facebook

shikausstan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shikausstan
tessc wrote:Thanks for the giggle I read your blog and you have the true heart of a graphic artist. Keep it up and good luck!

Thanks a ton! That means a whole lot thanks!

itsmisty

quality posts: 1 Private Messages itsmisty
Re: Watercolor Cat Nap

Severe +1, thanks to bass for bringing this sub to everyone's attention~ Shall be following suit and pimping this out like mad as well, C:

fourlane77

quality posts: 4 Private Messages fourlane77
dreadwood wrote:This is absolutely wonderful, just wanted you to know.

...thank you very much!

vote. vote. vote. vote. vote. vote.

dreadwood

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dreadwood
Re: Chicken Boo Fight

Wonderful design, I'd love to see a close up. I also really like the placement. I don't know what's up with all the people who only want designs in the middle of the shirt.

blk909

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blk909
Re: Deep Sea School

If you make your thumbnail with a cream background, you might get more votes; besides the thumbnail and shirt pics ought to match.
Love your fish - sort of remind me of threadfin uluas.

xiaobaosg

quality posts: 1 Private Messages xiaobaosg
amen87 wrote:You know what? I change my mind. It's perfect the way it is XD

xiaobaosg

Alaric wrote:Great design sadly to artistic for woot voters. would like to see it in print even if only for the one week all shirts get.

That's fine, glad you like it. :D

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
Re: Chicken Boo Fight

I am pretty sure that placement will get this rejected - it looks too low, below the Woot print area. Please, please resub within the print area. This is far too beautiful to not make the effort. Really, really pretty. I would vote on a resub, no question.

paigeg

Re: Coming alive (2.0)

No question in my mind - I like this better. I think it does convey the transition better. One dragon tee for me, sold.

paigeg

Re: Fade away

I would like this better if the linework also faded away as the color petals did. Not that the lines have to float away too, just fade. JMHO.
Have I seen this before? It looks familiar. Beautiful, but rings a bell...

paigeg

Re: Bird Lover

One of your best, Wences, and has your signature style plus some sophistication you don't usually let on about. Adorable and, probably, MINE. Dammit, I just bought your damned hairballs. Do you have to take over my ENTIRE closet??? >Note for others: I keep a spreadsheet to track my Woots, and Wences has far and away eclipsed others in populating my closet. Dammit. <

bengel89

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bengel89
Re: Earth and Sky

I really thought this had top 9 written all over it. I'm still really into it ---very creative and well done.

bengel89

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bengel89
Re: Windows

Maybe not the most interesting, but definitely one of the most wearable. I wish it had gone higher! Very, very nice work.

boxelderdesign

quality posts: 0 Private Messages boxelderdesign
blk909 wrote:If you make your thumbnail with a cream background, you might get more votes; besides the thumbnail and shirt pics ought to match.
Love your fish - sort of remind me of threadfin uluas.

Thanks for the info, I wouldn't have thought of that. Totally new to the site (as an artist), had to submit a watercolor design though. =D

www.boxelderdesign.com

paigeg

Re: year of the dragon

I LOVE how the koi becoming dragon is represented here. Lovely. Great job!

paigeg

Re: Playing Koi

My hubby just informed me we don't have wall space for me to frame this tee design. Pishaw. I will have this, and I DO have room in a couple places to frame and hang it.

paigeg

Re: RUNNING

SO glad you made that change. This is doing well, congrats!

paigeg

Re: kiss of death

My inveterate rocker heart says this should fog but, simultaneously... Whiiiite! Ugh! I love the illo, and it is perfect on white. But ugh, unh, ummmm.... I'm so torn! voting because the art is SO sweet.

paigeg

nessa204 wrote:Thanks!!! I'm a Skippy Squirrel, what can I say.
Halftones y'all!

LOL! N.o.ob. is now 'skippy squirell'. Too funnee. Soo glad you posted the detail. I do love this, so emotional in a really subtle way. Great.

xiaobaosg

paigeg wrote:I would like this better if the linework also faded away as the color petals did. Not that the lines have to float away too, just fade. JMHO.
Have I seen this before? It looks familiar. Beautiful, but rings a bell...

Thanks for the suggestion.
Its an old work. heee

aefuller27

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aefuller27
Re: Chicken Boo Fight V2

Is the placement high enough??

missdoodle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages missdoodle
bassanimation wrote:I see nothing here that detracted from the original whatsoever.

To me, the simplified characters work with the overall design. The original, while lovely, was a bit heavy on the cat's realism. Then you had the little sort of round, cartoony mouse below. They both felt like they were from different types of illustrations. Both are wonderful, but having both characters simplified in the same way creates more unity within the whole image. For instance, Walmazan keeps the same consistency within his images of characters. They all have a very simplified, cute look. This makes the scene come together.

Oh yeah, +1! The orange color is also a perfect compliment to the blue water. I would so buy the crazyness out of this shirt. Great work!

Also I pimped this every place I could. Good luck!

Where's the Like button for your comment? Thank you and itsmisty so much for liking and sharing- very unexpected and super nice.

rglee129

quality posts: 28 Private Messages rglee129
Re: Looking Up V2

Looks great! Glad to see you back in the derbies. : )

pinkfishy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pinkfishy
cfdunbar wrote:Sure - resub v2 now.

Thank you! I love it!

pokerins

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pokerins
Re: Sad Clown

Maybe he is sad because I didn't color in the lines.

Special thanks to this video for inspiration:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cUv4csQw1o&feature=related

Special thanks to this video for pointers on how to "watercolor" in photoshop:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnRn402WuUk&feature=related

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 35 Private Messages omarfeliciano
Re: Broken Down

Love it!

jsee1218

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jsee1218
Re: Broken Down

makes me think of "the iron giant" movie for some reason. very nice design.