paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
rochejohn wrote:Let's keep it going. You need to vote on this shirt

Why? I'm sorry; I'm not usually antagonistic, but this boils down to a few blobs and a couple of drips. I will own that the eyes are nicely done, if too closely spaced. But - really? Nothing personal at all toward the artist, but this is simplistic, and not in a good way, and plays on the popular love of pandas to sell it. JMHO. Maybe I'm having a bad day, but I am not feeling it.

paigeg

Re: The Weirdest Tree

I love the detail on this. For me, it would hit a lot harder if the tree person was more treelike. You know, some barklike skin, texture, even if it were smooth-ish like maple or river birch. JMO.

paigeg

Re: Watery Death

I've resisted commenting on this because I don't think most of us know what you were trying to convey with this. Several alternative subs, but all the 'watery' part is red. Give us an insight?

paigeg

Re: Pastel Rage

I love the illo, albeit without the swirly stuff. Don't be discouraged by the vote count. Faces typically do not do well on shirts, or at least Woot shirts.

paigeg

firefrogh wrote:This is my fire engine that is sitting out in the bay right now. I did this last night in-between calls. I hope you like it some. I still don't have the photoshop skills to make it look exactly like I want yet, but it's coming.

Well done, firefighter. I doubt an engine will garner tons of votes on its own, without some other element. But this really does look good, and - in addition - thanks! Well, you know, in case I need you some day.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 215 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: A break in the clouds

Wow, thanks jimiyo & radiomode!

fossilgirl1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fossilgirl1
Re: Chicken Boo Fight V2

I think this is beautiful and I would love to buy it.

draco18s

quality posts: 0 Private Messages draco18s

PixelPants

quality posts: 68 Private Messages PixelPants
Re: A break in the clouds

Great use of the irregular border shape to transition your image into the shirt colour Spiritgreen. +1

fossilgirl1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fossilgirl1
Re: A Quiet Day

I love this shirt. The sky is beautiful and kite flying is something most of us have great memories of. GMV!

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
Re: Deep Sea School (Resubmit)

Swim UP, little fishies!!!

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

lonelypond

quality posts: 426 Private Messages lonelypond
Re: Tree of Eternity

sad to see this out of the fog; love the flow + angle of it.

ApeLad

quality posts: 37 Private Messages ApeLad
Spiritgreen wrote:

"Are you makin' fun of me? Do I amuse you?"

Fun character.

Thanks! This is based on something from a sketchbook from several years ago. This owl was at a nature park in Maryland and wouldn't open its other eye.

lonelypond

lonelypond

Re: Who goes there

great expression + texture

lonelypond

Re: Coffee on Cream

Love the textures you got w/ this. I did some watercolor paintings w/ tea once upon a time + it led to interesting effects.

Sevenie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sevenie
Re: Crow Jane

I need this shirt to print. It will actually make me want to buy a shirt on the day of, and that hasn't happened in a long time. Especially with the price increase. (I'm poor. 2 bucks higher is a lot lol)
Very very well done. Beautiful and haunting.

chachachino

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chachachino
Re: Ruffneck Search Party

very late entry. have a look. probably should have saved it for a daily derby.

three dogs in the woods. one bandit. follow your nose.

rulkish

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rulkish
Re: Blossom

I LOVE this shirt and really hope it wins, I want to wear it and will buy it instantly. Absolutely beautiful. Well done. :-)

officeink

quality posts: 3 Private Messages officeink
Re: Elements of Life

Very nice colors. This design is WAY cool but I'm surprised it hasn't been rejected for being pop-culture. The symbols look so close to that cartoon and movie "The Last Air Bender". The only thing that's missing is the kid with the arrow on his lil bald head...lol

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 35 Private Messages omarfeliciano
officeink wrote:Very nice colors. This design is WAY cool but I'm surprised it hasn't been rejected for being pop-culture. The symbols look so close to that cartoon and movie "The Last Air Bender". The only thing that's missing is the kid with the arrow on his lil bald head...lol

Officeink, I understand your concern, but my design is not based on any cartoon or movie, not The Last Airbender, not Captain Planet, not The Fifth Element. My design is about the Classical Elements viewed through greek philosophers eyes, nothing more. You wouldn't say that a design based on "magic potions" is pop-culture just because Harry Potter uses spells and charms, would you?

I did my research before and after submitting my design, and the symbols you talk about are very different from what I portrayed here. We can agree that the Air symbol is similar, but that is not an uncommon representation of that element. The same thing would happen if ten people are asked to represent a "rainbow", their takes would be very similar... Apart from that nothing else is even close to the cartoon.

Sorry if I sound defensive, but I just want everything to be clear. Hope I still count with your support! And thanks for commenting!

dirtywhoremouth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dirtywhoremouth

Love it!

Schaeffer20

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Schaeffer20
Re: RUNNING

Got my vote! I like the simplicity of it, plus Elephants are awesome.

b3nnny

quality posts: 0 Private Messages b3nnny

HOW DO I GET THIS SHIRT NOW?!

cptgone

quality posts: 4 Private Messages cptgone

lol, that's one funny shirt
GMV

cptgone

quality posts: 4 Private Messages cptgone

jesseroo

quality posts: 5 Private Messages jesseroo
Re: Painted Tyger

Definitely one of the coolest shirts I've seen in a while. If it wins, it will be my first white shirt from woot too.

fourlane77

quality posts: 4 Private Messages fourlane77
paigeg wrote:I love the illo, albeit without the swirly stuff. Don't be discouraged by the vote count. Faces typically do not do well on shirts, or at least Woot shirts.

..thanks for the vote of confidence! ..i'm new to submitting designs on woot, so i'll definitely keep that in mind...

vote. vote. vote. vote. vote. vote.

laughalot

quality posts: 6 Private Messages laughalot
omarfeliciano wrote:EDIT: Here is a Wallpaper Version of this design for all the love I've received from you guys. Enjoy!

Watercolor representation of the four "Elements of Life", water, fire, air and earth.

The black strokes aren't any form of text, they are a representation of Aether, "the material that fills the universe above the terrestrial sphere"

6 colors in creme shirt

Details:

Thanks for the wallpaper version! This is awesome!

spockyduckes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spockyduckes

can you make this in a v neck?

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
b3nnny wrote:HOW DO I GET THIS SHIRT NOW?!

Love the enthusiasm, but you've gotta wait til the derby is over. If you want to increase the chances of it winning, tell all your friends who can vote to do so.

I'm just hanging out, really.

starksre

quality posts: 3 Private Messages starksre
Re: Black Horse and a Cherry Tree

i thought of the song by k.t. turnstall instantly

leprechaungirl

quality posts: 2 Private Messages leprechaungirl
Re: Coming alive (2.0)

I love this!!! I think I might make this my first RamyB tee if i get the chance. Great work!

leprechaungirl

Re: Blossom

I really like this Ramy. You seem to be on an artistic roll this week. This and coming alive seem to both have a little bit of an Asian influence. I'm really diggin it.

leprechaungirl

Re: Playing Koi

Beautiful as always Patrick! Love the Koi!

Pheline

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Pheline
Re: AVALANCHE!

Something about the position of the skier looks off. He's not down enough, a little too far forward maybe. I think I'd prefer no skier- after all, an avalanche of that proportion would be pretty terrifying, or more distant, anonymous appearing skiers. You wouldn't ski alone in avalanche season. Overall, I don't think I want an identifiable *person* on my clothes.

bpeterson82

quality posts: 52 Private Messages bpeterson82
Re: Hungry Sun

I don't even know what to say...but I had to write something...

bpeterson82

quality posts: 52 Private Messages bpeterson82
Re: Elements of Life

I NEED THIS SHIRT!!!!!!!

freeimagination

quality posts: 0 Private Messages freeimagination
vkinman wrote:Very lovely, I also like how the thumbnail suggests both major parts of the shirt, not just the people under the tree. I'm finding that with many other entries (in this and other derbies) there's a lot more to the shirt (that makes it so much more interesting) than what I can see right away from the thumbnail, so I may pass them by.

Thank you very much. I am glad you noticed the thumbnail. I really wanted everyone to be able to see there is more to the design, and it worked

Chaosegg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Chaosegg
Re: lily painters

Love it.
Reminds me of the beeswax crayon / watercolor art we made in K-2 at the Waldorf school... stuff that was so beautiful only a child could create it [though we didn't know how good it was till we grew up].