+ Add a Comment

specsmachine

quality posts: 31 Private Messages specsmachine
cpresti wrote:I can't believe this is only three colors! Very nice!

I think it's four. Unless that light blue color is being made up by navy somehow.

cptgone

quality posts: 4 Private Messages cptgone
Re: Night and Day of the Dead

marvelous! i hope it gets printed!

cptgone

msgmissy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages msgmissy
pepeman wrote:hoo hoo ..Whoops! I had to re-sub, needed a change in Title and i did not like the red color in the background.

If you voted, please do vote again thanks!!

Awwww I really enjoyed the other one best - it had much more depth with the red. Re-resub? lol.

cptgone

anemality

quality posts: 12 Private Messages anemality

I love Day of the Dead images, and this is no exception. Beautiful work.

midgerock

quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock
Re: Inkblot Kitty

Inkblot test which seems to look like a kitten or does it? How many kitties can you find?

fourlane77

quality posts: 4 Private Messages fourlane77
Re: Crow Jane

Very nice! I hope to see this one print. GMV!

vote. vote. vote. vote. vote. vote.

bethvet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bethvet

I like it, but would love it as just the dragon. I think the dragon is amazing.

fourlane77

quality posts: 4 Private Messages fourlane77
Re: Night and Day of the Dead

Fantastic idea! GMV

vote. vote. vote. vote. vote. vote.

citystreetlight

quality posts: 0 Private Messages citystreetlight
Re: year of the dragon

Beautiful design! Nice work as always Helgram.

anemality

This is both beautiful and adorable!

anemality

This is SO GOOD. :o

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
Re: Haunted Robot

I've never seen ghosts fight each other with laser eye beams before, but it seems so obvious now.

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 32 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
Re: Watercolor Cat

Love this! Adorable and well done.

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

Re: Haunted Robot

Ahhhhhhh! So! Much! Love!
All my votes go to this beauty. You two have always been my favorite artists on woot and I miss your guys' entries. When I first read this derby topic, I immediately thought "oh, man, edgar would be perfect for this... oh, wait, remember that old masterpiece robbie/edgar entry of the dreaming robot? That was gorgeous. Ohhh, maaaaan, it would be SO PERFECT if they collab'ed again! Ohmanohmanohman, it would be so nice, I know it would, it would..." AND HERE YOU ARE! I have vast powers of pyscho-astral persuasion, clearly. Huzzah to you both!

cptgone

midgerock wrote:Inkblot test which seems to look like a kitten or does it? How many kitties can you find?

kitty lies in the eyes of the beholder.

pinkfishy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pinkfishy
Re: Enter the New Year

The dragon is awesome! Please consider resubmitting this design with only the dragon.

kinzoku

quality posts: 17 Private Messages kinzoku
Re: year of the dragon

Love it! A very happy design, and I adore all the fish integrated into it. (Leaping carp become dragons, right?) Voted!

omniscient666

quality posts: 0 Private Messages omniscient666
nafsllib wrote:This is beautiful, but I've gotta second the comment on the lack of masculinity.

If you're comfortable in your own skin, you project your own masculinity. Its all in confidence. If you project enough of it, other less confident men will follow you. For God sakes, look at skinny jeans. Tell me those are even remotley masculine...

Btw, nice shirt. I'm not a big fan of peacocks, but the artistic representation in your design is amazing. If it prints I will certainly buy one and I'm sure both men and women will ask me where I got it.

tessc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tessc

Thanks for the giggle I read your blog and you have the true heart of a graphic artist. Keep it up and good luck!

tessc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tessc

Looks like a real watercolor painting! Cool!

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 33 Private Messages omarfeliciano
Re: Coming alive (2.0)

Personally, I like this version a lot more than the first one. I am glad you decided to stick with it. The concept is stronger! Good job like always!

kdeuce

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdeuce
Re: Mariposa

it's 4 colors. my bad, i missed one on the color swatch.

Calexico

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Calexico
Re: The Fox and Mount Fuji

I want this one!

Calexico

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Calexico

This one is awesome and needs to be printed.

amykeniston

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amykeniston

This is awesome! It wook look great on slate grey I think. Too bad. Hope it prints though, not all watercolor has to be "Happy".

rogue8402

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rogue8402
Re: The Carousel

The name reminds me of Logan's Run. :D

jvcline

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jvcline
pseudomega wrote:Nearly every design I'm seeing is kind of unfriendly to us masculine types. This being no exception.

It's nice, but I couldn't wear it.

I'm not trying to stir up trouble, but, look at a majority of the shirts on this site. Most of the shirts on the Reckoning are unabashedly cute. Are those designs similarly unfriendly to masculine types? If you can't wear this peacock, can you wear beady-eyed penguins and turtles and kitties? (which are typically a dominant feature of the Reckoning and/or derbies.) Just like this beautiful entry, most of them are witty and fun, while also being cutesy in some manner.

In their cases, and case of this peacock submission, and others on this derby, you have to ask yourself if the value of the art in question is more important than 'Will people think I look like a ladyman for wearing this?'.

stardamsel

quality posts: 5 Private Messages stardamsel
Re: Portrait of Night-time

Thanks for the kind words, omar feliciano and missmissa07 -- much appreciated :-)

AlexIAm

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AlexIAm

My only problem with this is the green cloud of "gas" coming from the rear end. I just can't unsee that. Otherwise it is beautiful.

>insert funny quote here<

blightchan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blightchan

beautiful! but doesn't it break the color rule?

blightchan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blightchan
blightchan wrote:beautiful! but doesn't it break the color rule?

opps! nevermind... its the t-shirt colors, not the colors that you can use on the t-shirt! lol

cppursell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cppursell

This shirt is my one desire.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

I am trippinballz right now looking at this.

move along

bro3of4

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bro3of4
Re: Glass of Watercolor

runnerfrog13 wrote:The strokes and imitation of certain watercoloring techniques (after all, not all of us paint the same way) seem pretty correct to me. The only thing that makes me think pastels is the texture, since watercolor tends to blend more smoothly due to water. But as that "texture" is likely due to the halftones, I don't have much idea what you could do about it.

I actually did a physical watercolor painting that had brush strokes much like this, so yeah, it _is_ watercolor-like brush strokes. I think you can get the pebbled effect using almost-dry-brush on charcoal type paper too, but the colors would be dark, unless you mixed with white watercolor paint, which some people think negates it being a 'true' watercolor.

Nothing to see here. Move along. Move along.

shapelessclay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shapelessclay

As a dragon, this pleaseth me.

amen87

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amen87
Re: Fade away

LOVE! this design. I almost wish the "fading away" part would be more so you can put more petals of color floating away. I love the pose of your woman. The body language and facial expression is fantastic. A wonderful design!

amen87

amen87 wrote:LOVE! this design. I almost wish the "fading away" part would be more so you can put more petals of color floating away. I love the pose of your woman. The body language and facial expression is fantastic. A wonderful design!

You know what? I change my mind. It's perfect the way it is XD

amen87

Re: Mariposa

I'd buy this shirt in a heartbeat! Such a whimsical design. Love it!