bpbarrette

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bpbarrette

Classic Looney Tunes:

Louie the Parrot: [Heathcliff is choking] Breathe, stupid, breathe! You forgot to breathe again.
Heathcliff: [Takes deep breath] Duh, that's much better, Louie.

Heathcliff doesn't get one of these shirts...

jimeezlady

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jimeezlady

Asthmatic Hubby is going to LOVE this shirt!! So glad it made it to print! Ordered'd

crazydoglady

quality posts: 4 Private Messages crazydoglady
tlapointe wrote:So, so bad there's a 3-shirt limit. There are Soooooooooooooooooooo many people I would like to buy this for!!!

I've been told that the 3 shirt limit is only for the debut day - starting tomorrow you will be able to buy as many as you want, albeit 3 at a time.

crazydoglady

dmgenesis wrote:Looks almost like a college logo, but cooler.

Agree! In fact, to all the Texas wooters, who else saw an Aggie shirt at first glance? Since I am a Longhorn twice over, I find this shirt deliciously ironic - it looks like an Aggie shirt at first but on closer inspection turns out to be an award for breathing!! ('Cuz Aggies need to really try to get it right!) LOL! In for one!

webwrangler

quality posts: 0 Private Messages webwrangler

crap quality shirt. twenty percent more?
put me down for none.

marilove

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marilove
lovelypinkdress wrote:This is the kind of shirt you wear everywhere, that people have to look twice to see what it says, and is so clever. Too bad it's now real money. It's easy to drop a $10 bill--but a tee shirt for $12? put me down for none.

Real money? $12? Man, if you can't afford $12, then you couldn't afford $10 either.

But seriously, this continuing overreaction to a whole $2 increase is ... obnoxious.

Pufferfishy

quality posts: 38 Private Messages Pufferfishy
marilove wrote:Real money? $12? Man, if you can't afford $12, then you couldn't afford $10 either.

But seriously, this continuing overreaction to a whole $2 increase is ... obnoxious.

Why is it obnoxious? Two bucks is two bucks. It's a T-shirt. It's not even a very good T-shirt (artwork not withstanding). It's not a twelve dollar T-shirt.

Woot switches to Hane's Beefy T's or similar and I'm back - til then - these are not $12 T's. For me they were barely $10 T's (despite that - I've bought 36 priors)

You probably buy coffee at Starbucks or similar for two bucks a cup and think nothing of that as well....

You've been put on posting probation for this post

mikel135

quality posts: 11 Private Messages mikel135

to be more accurate

"respiring since the womb"

dekulink

quality posts: 9 Private Messages dekulink

How could you? How could you discriminate, shirt.woot? Everyone who can't breathe won't be able to buy this shirt.

Plus I don't think fish would get the joke.

superionmagic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages superionmagic
ginarina427 wrote:good gift for my respiratory therapist sister!

During our downtime the other RTs notice my shirts. Can't wait to see their reactions to this beaut.

stevieBcanyon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stevieBcanyon

A 20% increase in price is almost unconscionable.

Woot T shirts are no longer the great deal that people will talk about.

Word of mouth advertising just went down the tubes.

marilove

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marilove
Pufferfishy wrote:Why is it obnoxious? Two bucks is two bucks. It's a T-shirt. It's not even a very good T-shirt (artwork not withstanding). It's not a twelve dollar T-shirt.

Woot switches to Hane's Beefy T's or similar and I'm back - til then - these are not $12 T's. For me they were barely $10 T's (despite that - I've bought 36 priors)

You probably buy coffee at Starbucks or similar for two bucks a cup and think nothing of that as well....

Actually, I don't usually buy coffee at Starbucks but that's because I usually only drink the free coffee at work. I like free.

The reason it's obnoxious is because it's been repeated over and over and over again. If you think $12 is too much, then why are you even bothering checking the site, logging in, and complaining about it? It's not going to change.

I'd rather not read the same whiny comment over and over and over again. Yes, we get it, some people think a whole $2 is a horrible, outrageous increase. It's been like, 2 weeks now. We get it.

Besides, people have already explained all of the things that have led up to this price increase and it makes perfect sense to me.

$12 is still cheap as hell, and yes, even for just a t-shirt.

My ability to buy, and my frequency of purchases, aren't going to change because of a whole $2 increase. I still only bought the shirts I really, really liked, and I'll still do that. This shirt is neat but it's not really my style so I probably won't buy it, but the $2 increase didn't really have much to do with my decision. I probably still wouldn't have bought it at $10. And you know, I suspect the NEAR majority of people who are claiming that they aren't buying these shirts because of a whole $2 increase aren't being completely honest. If they really liked the shirt, they'd buy it.

Melovespie

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Melovespie

This shirt wouldn't work well for swimmers.

crazydoglady

webwrangler wrote:crap quality shirt. twenty percent more?
put me down for none.

Hmmmm... looks like you've been wooting for years so you may have caught the other changes. The "sell-out" cap for debut-day shirts at $10 used to be 1000 shirts - after Woot sold 1000 shirts at the low price of $10 they posted a SOLD OUT and all shirts after that went for $15 ($2 of which goes to the artist). Then they raised the sell-out cap to 3000 still at $10, then a few months ago they raised it to 6000 - still at $10. And very quickly there were multiple sell-outs at the 6000 cap. So once you factor in the $1000 (I think that's right) paid to the artist for being a derby winner it becomes a matter of simple business math - 3000 shirts at $10 to create buzz is a workable business model, 6000 shirts at $10 not so much. BTW, there has already been a sell-out at the $12 rate so there are a lot of folks who don't share your view.

xsassykatx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xsassykatx

I really love this! So many times in life we get so caught up and bogged down with stress that we really do forget to breathe. This is a good reminder!

schr320

quality posts: 0 Private Messages schr320

Pshhhh! Enjoy wearing maroon! :D

CarolinaMoon

scfrome

quality posts: 1 Private Messages scfrome

This is a perfect gift for all those "Over the Hill" birthday parties I am getting invited to so often lately. (my friends are all getting older...not me though!)

jeannahanson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeannahanson

This shirt reminds me of a graphic tee you would buy at Old Navy. Shame on you Wooters that let this take 3rd place, and shame on you Woot for taking this to print.

eholling

quality posts: 10 Private Messages eholling

Kinda looks like a face with a mustache.

Bouts of Consternation:
8/17/11; 9/14/11; 10/12/11; 11/09/11, 12/06/11; 4/26/12

And right now.

eholling

Would it be ironic if someone drowned while wearing this shirt?

Bouts of Consternation:

And right now.

eholling

Anyone else think the lungs might be misconstrued as testicles?

Bouts of Consternation:

And right now.

eholling

Oh and it looks like that pair of lungs is mirrored from what it actually should be. The wrong lung is smaller.

Bouts of Consternation:

And right now.

locofoto

quality posts: 0 Private Messages locofoto
flannelman wrote:This is the type of design that I find breathtaking. It's refreshing to see something with minimal color and fantastic design finally make it in a derby. I've been waiting with baited breath all week to see if this one made it and I'm glad it did. In for one!

PS *insert another breathing pun*

I don't know that I'd go that far...but...I will say that I'm very happy to see something for an adult (over 14 yrs.) available. It's rare to find a design here (insert another cartoon character eating a cartoon brain here) that wouldn't embarrass me if I wore it! I check it everyday and will definitely drop 12 bucks on everything that trips my adult trigger.

crazydoglady

Pufferfishy wrote:Why is it obnoxious? Two bucks is two bucks. It's a T-shirt. It's not even a very good T-shirt (artwork not withstanding). It's not a twelve dollar T-shirt.

I'm sensing some deeper anger issues here... do you really think that paying $12 for a t-shirt makes one a pretentious consumer? Because this should really bug you: usually I deliberately wait until after debut day and pay $15 so that $2 will go to the artist!!

locofoto

quality posts: 0 Private Messages locofoto
eholling wrote:Anyone else think the lungs might be misconstrued as testicles?

I'll answer that when a certain special someone plays with my lungs...

fortgeorge

quality posts: 5 Private Messages fortgeorge

Wanted the Awkward award one most but this is a close second. Congrats, PixelPants!

"Television is a medium of entertainment which permits millions of people to listen to the same joke at the same time, and yet remain lonesome." T.S. Eliot

If there is a God, atheism must seem to Him as less of an insult than religion. - Edmond de Goncourt

Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other 'sins' are invented nonsense. - Robert Heinlein

Medicfrost

quality posts: 51 Private Messages Medicfrost

I want to give this to my co-worker that's a smoker, but he was fired Friday for taking too many breaks.

bravo333

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bravo333

This would be great for all the brass players in my life!

hyliansnake

quality posts: 9 Private Messages hyliansnake

That's some unfortunate timing. I just quit breathing yesterday cause it was taking up all my time.

everjo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages everjo

I would like to thank the American Lung Association for this award. Despite the efforts of the Asthma Monster to beat me down, I continue to Keep Breathing, because that's just how stubborn I am. Breathing. It's a GOOD thing!

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 210 Private Messages Spiritgreen

I don't want to jinx anything, but a certain hologram tee came close to printing that would make a great Editor's Choice to kick off next week's love(?) themed sale...

mamapduck

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mamapduck

As someone with a chronic repiratory condition, for whom breathing is not always a given, I ound this design hysterical. I bought one to wear for ER visits and breathing treatments.

stupido

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stupido

Is it permissible for me to wear this shirt? After all I did have one minor glitch on this breathing since birth thing.

mavjade

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mavjade
ghostoutlaw wrote:As a respiratory therapist, I had to get 1. In 4 1!

Same here, now if only I was allowed to wear it at work!

mamapduck

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mamapduck
jeannahanson wrote:This shirt reminds me of a graphic tee you would buy at Old Navy. Shame on you Wooters that let this take 3rd place, and shame on you Woot for taking this to print.

Shame on you for trying to ruin it for the rest of us with your negativity! I like the shirt, I bought the shirt. If you don't like it, wait until tomorrow. There'll be something else.

heggs83

quality posts: 1 Private Messages heggs83

Great design, pretty clever. In for one.

shelldav

quality posts: 8 Private Messages shelldav

That reminds me of the Aggies' famous "Former Students Association." No graduation necessary. Ha ha ha ha! What serious school would treat former students as alumni? Not the Longhorns...what are they? Oh wait...Texas Exes. Ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!

shelldav

quality posts: 8 Private Messages shelldav
mikel135 wrote:to be more accurate

"respiring since the womb"

Lol! Right!

bashmaki

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bashmaki

Why can't we have the option of long sleeves on these shirts. I'd purchase more of them if they were offered both ways.
Not everyone lives where is balmy year round.

PixelPants

quality posts: 68 Private Messages PixelPants

Woot took some of the best lines from my acceptance speech. I really do want to thank God as lungs are another of His great designs. Thanks to my family at home and interstate in Darwin for great input and encouragement, and the regular supporting artists and voters here in Wootland.