75%
5%
5%
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

calebmitchell

quality posts: 64 Private Messages calebmitchell

I'm generally not a fan of the white shirts, but this design is absolutely goregous, and I really couldn't see it working on any other color. Congradulations on another win - and another beautiful shirt - Patrick!

colthogan12

quality posts: 0 Private Messages colthogan12

I was so excited for this one :D I'll most likely end up buying all of the winners of this derby. hahaha

darkfate00

quality posts: 1 Private Messages darkfate00

Sweet! Done! Bought!

Congratulations on this amazing print. Great job. I really liked this Derby

bluejester

quality posts: 569 Private Messages bluejester

For only six colors allowed, this is incredible.

Each Koi looks like it was individually brushed, and the overlap effect where two colors blend, adds to the water color effect of the design.

All in all, a prime example of what I would expect the top finisher of this derby to look like.

Congrats Patrickspens!

djalliduck

quality posts: 23 Private Messages djalliduck

When I saw the title, it reminded me of this guy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMIqlIJNkRA

zekecatz

quality posts: 202 Private Messages zekecatz

Koi are really brocaded carp.

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale

I know koi are usually done to death, but I enjoyed the "flow" of this piece. In fact, I voted for it Congrats on the win!

lonelypond

quality posts: 461 Private Messages lonelypond

Colors are gorgeous glows, love the way the shadows add to the depth + flow.

Like Poe? Of course you do, you're here ; ) Try my new mystery novel:

ckeilah

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah

Great artwork! I just wish it were on a dark colored shirt. White is just so trailer park...

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

mistamoose

quality posts: 32 Private Messages mistamoose

Bundle of carp?

christylw

quality posts: 6 Private Messages christylw

$12? Price went up.

Espinos13

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Espinos13

In thumbnail i see what looks like a lady... optical illusion? she looks like a pin up model or maybe i just have bad eyesight

The user's going to pick dancing pigs over security every time.

JadenKale

djalliduck wrote:When I saw the title, it reminded me of this guy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMIqlIJNkRA

LOL perhaps so, but the artwork reminded me of this guy who makes realistic-looking koi/goldfish: Riusuke Fu[]kahori

*edit: Really? I had to put something it to keep it from thinking his name was a curse.

kalira

quality posts: 8 Private Messages kalira

Nice... very calming. Reminds me of this -- a Japanese artist who paints goldfish layer by layer in 3D using acrylic and resin.

edit: Guess JadenKale beat me to it
Also, have to change "goodnight, everybody!" in that URL with f-u-k -- darn you, filters...

tbwulf

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tbwulf

I wonder if I'm the only one who was compelled to do a syllable count on the shirt's color to verify it as a Haiku.

JadenKale

kalira wrote:Nice... very calming. Reminds me of this -- a Japanese artist who paints goldfish layer by layer in 3D using acrylic and resin.

Got it before you XD

and the system thinks his name is a curse, so no one will be able to go to that link (it changes it within the url).

bornebywild

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bornebywild

This design is gorgeous! Seriously wishing I could rock the white tee right now.

So many amazing designs this derby, but most were on the thin, see-through white tees... bah. Even with a tan bra they're damn near impossible to wear without feeling self-conscious to some degree. :P

What the french, toast?

Sati

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Sati

Oh no, another shirt I want. Why's it got to be so beautiful? Sigh

drunkenalien

quality posts: 46 Private Messages drunkenalien

My espn tells me, sold out...

(Yes, I know its not spelled correctly....)

Sati

bornebywild wrote:This design is gorgeous! Seriously wishing I could rock the white tee right now.

So many amazing designs this derby, but most were on the thin, see-through white tees... bah. Even with a tan bra they're damn near impossible to wear without feeling self-conscious to some degree. :P

Cami? Bandeau? (<-- Love that one)

bornebywild

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bornebywild
Sati wrote:Cami? Bandeau? (<-- Love that one)

Touché! That bandeau is super cute, and would definitely make a few things hiding in the back of my closet wearable again.

What the french, toast?

wormburnr

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wormburnr

Most of the time when I mention Koi most people have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about. Now I know I'm not the only one who knows what Koi are.

spyvsspy44

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spyvsspy44

Well hello, first white shirt.

jjpeters1100

quality posts: 12 Private Messages jjpeters1100

What kind of fishfood do I need to feed them?

Sati

bornebywild wrote:Touché! That bandeau is super cute, and would definitely make a few things hiding in the back of my closet wearable again.

I recommend it! I have that bandeau in a couple of colors and love it. I think it's, both, functional & fashionable

iarelazie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iarelazie

Not to be a downer, but just some FYI. Koi paintings in Chinese culture typically depict 9 Koi fish. Just like there are usually 8 horses. Not sure why though

mistamoose

quality posts: 32 Private Messages mistamoose

I really like this one. In for 2.

DatTanMan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages DatTanMan

When I saw this in the derby, I knew I had to buy it, which is why I continuously refreshed my window until the new shirt was posted. I love watercolors, I love koi, and I love bright colors that make you feel happy. This shirt combines all of those favorites. I'm also lacking on white shirts. There are rarely any white shirts on woot, nevertheless a greatly designed one, so I had to jump on this immediately. Now I shall sit here and wait for this wonderful shirt to arrive.

Wakeen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Wakeen

$12?! Really? I hope this is a one time "really cool' shirt price, if not this college student can no longer afford. -_____-

iniwebdesign

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iniwebdesign

Great design but WHY choose the t-shirt color white for gods sake? It's just a horrid combination of colors now....if it was on tan or light blue it would have been fn' awesome!

scafl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scafl

Wondrous design, definitely picking it up tomorrow!

ckeilah wrote:Great artwork! I just wish it were on a dark colored shirt. White is just so trailer park...

Really? Dark colored shirts with stretched out, peeling, torn apart white under base prints seem way trashier to me.

JadenKale

scafl wrote:Wondrous design, definitely picking it up tomorrow!

ckeilah wrote:Great artwork! I just wish it were on a dark colored shirt. White is just so trailer park...

scafl wrote:Really? Dark colored shirts with stretched out, peeling, torn apart white under base prints seem way trashier to me.

LOL

creativelicense

quality posts: 0 Private Messages creativelicense

When my first reaction upon seeing the shirt is "holy crap, that's beautiful," I know I have to buy it. It also lit a fire under my butt to grab another woot shirt I've been eyeing.

Great design, and even though it's on white, I know I'll love it.

trixydan

quality posts: 8 Private Messages trixydan

*said in sentorian voice while shaking a fist skyward*
Curses you! Patrickspens and Woot! combining your devious powers yet again... For I am only a humble shirt consumer with discriminating tastes... and fall easily victim to your insidious excellence. Woe, unto thee, and me, for I have not the $13.12 at my disposal and thus will forever mourn the opportunity lost in acquiering this most superior shirt for my collection!

bakerboyderek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bakerboyderek

I know I'm not the only one who sees a naked lady...RIGHT?

fortgeorge

quality posts: 5 Private Messages fortgeorge

Beautiful piece, congratulations Patrickpens!

"Television is a medium of entertainment which permits millions of people to listen to the same joke at the same time, and yet remain lonesome." T.S. Eliot

If there is a God, atheism must seem to Him as less of an insult than religion. - Edmond de Goncourt

Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other 'sins' are invented nonsense. - Robert Heinlein

gusvonpooch

quality posts: 24 Private Messages gusvonpooch

Amazing,so much talent on this site and this is a great example. Another tee suitable for framing.

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg

As promised, in for one to hang on my wall. Now just gotta find that thread about framing tees....

ArdillaCiega

quality posts: 7 Private Messages ArdillaCiega
bakerboyderek wrote:I know I'm not the only one who sees a naked lady...RIGHT?

I think you accidentally hit Alt+Tab :-/

Even a blind squirrel is right twice a day.