beggarscoin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages beggarscoin

Funny how all posts after 1:30amish are gone until about 4am. Including my mention of irritation at the price change. Not only has Amazon changed quality and price but now they're censuring the comments of wooters.

novastarj

quality posts: 30 Private Messages novastarj
iarelazie wrote:Not to be a downer, but just some FYI. Koi paintings in Chinese culture typically depict 9 Koi fish. Just like there are usually 8 horses. Not sure why though

This is intentional, allowing us to contribute to the art with our own 9th fish. Better buy 3 in case it doesn't look right the first time ;)

novastarj

quality posts: 30 Private Messages novastarj

Oops double-post. I blame Woot's servers. Anyway I'm in, awesome shirt.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

Did I detect a "Dr. Farnsworth" opening in the write-up? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1D1cap6yETA

Anyway, another example of the exceptional skills of Mr. Spens. Congrats, sir on a well deserved print.

move along

blue_94_trooper

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blue_94_trooper
christylw wrote:$12? Price went up.

Just for you. The rest of us still see $10.

Scrooge0

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Scrooge0

Only if you get sweaty lol

Scrooge0

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Scrooge0

Honestly this is a really beautiful piece. I get to call it a "piece" now because it's really artsy fartsy LoL. Seriously beautiful.

skatimmy737

quality posts: 207 Private Messages skatimmy737

Koi fish kinda freak me out. Anyone else imagine them swimming past your legs or sucking on your skin?

smigette

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smigette

I have started only voting for shirts in the derby that I know I will buy and wear, and this was the only one in the fog this week I voted for. Congrats! And in for one.

anemality

quality posts: 12 Private Messages anemality

Oh, Patrick. Why so awesome? I don't think I've seen anything you've done I haven't liked (or loved), and this is no exception.

aeidein

quality posts: 1 Private Messages aeidein

Love this. I'd buy it for $10.

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." -Calvin

brasssong

quality posts: 7 Private Messages brasssong

Would it be in poor taste to wear this to a Sushi Bar?

brasssong

quality posts: 7 Private Messages brasssong

Would it be in poor taste to wear this to a Sushi Bar?

xxchange

quality posts: 44 Private Messages xxchange

Where's the one that swims in the opposite direction? There's always at least one...

Lovely design. I adore koi fish.

My Colours: 6 Black, 9 Asphalt, 7 Cranberry, 4 Royal Blue, 10 Navy, 7 Silver, 7 Grass, 2 Orange, 2 Kelly Green, 8 Brown, 1 White, 2 Lemon, 7 Baby Blue, 3 Cream, 2 Heather Gray, 5 Olive, 1 Pink, 1 Eggplant

Last 12 of 85: Little Dreams, Black and White, Fall, I'm not prickley on the inside..., Released, Nature Owl, Mirror Mirror, The Last Day, Playful Foxes Remix, My Special Day, My Special Day Tote, Circuit-ulatory System Remix

steelwoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages steelwoot

What fabric is the shirt made of?

cerwin8d

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cerwin8d

I really really dig the design, but white tees are not my cup of tea. Ugh I'm so bad...

k0ugs

quality posts: 6 Private Messages k0ugs

this will look amazing framed.

(>.<)\m/

specsmachine

quality posts: 31 Private Messages specsmachine
brasssong wrote:Would it be in poor taste to wear this to a Sushi Bar?

Probably, since this was drawn in a Chinese style and sushi is Japanese.

Beautiful design. I'm glad it nabbed first place.

aarrun

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aarrun
calebmitchell wrote:I'm generally not a fan of the white shirts, but this design is absolutely goregous, and I really couldn't see it working on any other color. Congradulations on another win - and another beautiful shirt - Patrick!

I could see it working on Creme. I will continue to mourn the dearth of good creme shirts, but I still bought this--excellent work!

Narfcake

quality posts: 279 Private Messages Narfcake
steelwoot wrote:What fabric is the shirt made of?

100% cotton, made in the USA.
FAQ

walmazan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages walmazan

Congrats Patrickspens,

Truly impressive work!

seahokedrama

quality posts: 30 Private Messages seahokedrama
skatimmy737 wrote:Koi fish kinda freak me out. Anyone else imagine them swimming past your legs or sucking on your skin?

I will not go back to woot forum probation... I will not go back to woot forum probation... I will not go back to woot forum probation.

upidstupid

quality posts: 0 Private Messages upidstupid

Read that first paragraph in this guy's voice:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1D1cap6yETA

snmurphy95

quality posts: 5 Private Messages snmurphy95

I am really, very, super happy that there is finally an off-center design being printed. To make it better, it's such a good one!

Dinosaurs and applesauce

kenzierebecca

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kenzierebecca
tbwulf wrote:I wonder if I'm the only one who was compelled to do a syllable count on the shirt's color to verify it as a Haiku.

Nope you're not the only one

random42s

quality posts: 2 Private Messages random42s
bakerboyderek wrote:I know I'm not the only one who sees a naked lady...RIGHT?

ArdillaCiega wrote:I think you accidentally hit Alt+Tab :-/

Hahaha! Well said.

Why? Forty-two...you see, it doesn't work.

thewronggrape

quality posts: 48 Private Messages thewronggrape

Loved this from the moment I saw it in the derby.

Alas, I don't wear t-shirts much anymore. Thinking of buying this in a 3X and mounting it on foam/hanging it or maybe turning it into a dress somehow. Since I usually wear WS, I wonder if 3X would be too big and the print might get lost in folds...

Dman27

quality posts: 32 Private Messages Dman27

I think shirt.woot should start offering V necks, if they did I would buy a lot more shirts, just saying

B a g of crap: 8.5 & still waiting for that letter!!!
Woots: 30
Shirt Woots: 8

~DMan27~

loganfre

quality posts: 0 Private Messages loganfre
beggarscoin wrote:Funny how all posts after 1:30amish are gone until about 4am. Including my mention of irritation at the price change. Not only has Amazon changed quality and price but now they're censuring the comments of wooters.

No that has been going on long before the Amazon buyout. You probably didn't notice because this is your first experience with it. Anything the mod-of-the-day doesn't like gets deleted.

robertlylegay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages robertlylegay

I know I am being picky but why does the design placement state "right side" when its on the left side of the actual shirt?

If you try to fail and succeed, which have you done?

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
seahokedrama wrote:I will not go back to woot forum probation... I will not go back to woot forum probation... I will not go back to woot forum probation.

Your restraint is admirable.

Meantime, for all the "$10"/price increase comments, let's direct those totally this way.

I'm just hanging out, really.

MommaBeary

quality posts: 10 Private Messages MommaBeary

(*sigh*) I finally gave and and bought one. BEAUTIFUL shirt!!! (Maybe I can store it in one of my husband's drawers?!?!?!)

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 209 Private Messages Spiritgreen

You would -never- know this was crafted from just six colors. Technical excellence.

mrsstudrobinson

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mrsstudrobinson

There were a lot of people who were hating on the white shirts. What's wrong with them? Too see through? Then wear an undershirt.

This shirt rocks, and the fact that it's a white shirt makes it better - the design would fall flat on a different color.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
upidstupid wrote:Read that first paragraph in this guy's voice:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1D1cap6yETA

Late

move along

MissBehaving

quality posts: 12 Private Messages MissBehaving

Gorgeous! Love it! Bought one! Thank you Patrickspens!

caramelarrow

quality posts: 13 Private Messages caramelarrow

I turned my computer screen around to face my aquarium and the fish did their "happy dance." My interpretation of fish-speak..... BUY IT!

07/11/14

PixelPants

quality posts: 68 Private Messages PixelPants

This is spot-on with the Watercolor theme Patrick, especially considering it's done digitally. The overlapping transparent layers match the style and really suit the subject matter.
Can't say I understand the backlash against white shirts. It's not like we have one every day of the week and as a canvas it really allows artists to do some great things that don't work on other base colours. One of my favourite Woot shirts, Colors of a Feather, is on white.

sutefani

quality posts: 8 Private Messages sutefani
brasssong wrote:Would it be in poor taste to wear this to a Sushi Bar?

i always freak out when i'm wearing oriental or asian-inspired stuff and someone suggests going to a japanese restaurant. i don't want them to make fun of me in the kitchen

i mean, seriously — i'm that paranoid.

but i bought this right away. so even less sushi for me, i guess!

dmc6127

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dmc6127

Sorry I'm a little behind on the shirt.woot price increase. But, why did they raise the price? Yeah, it's only $2, but why? 40 some shirts later, I finally noticed.