+ Add a Comment

ddlov

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ddlov

I SO love this shirt.....and no, not sperm....lol

danbentz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages danbentz
Re: Killers!

We read from left to right here in America...

walmazan

quality posts: 65 Private Messages walmazan

roysterer

quality posts: 5 Private Messages roysterer
Re: Call Me Old Fashioned...

I like it, but what is going on with the shadows? I suspect they're supposed to be more riders, but it does kind of look like the guy in the top hat is casting a bizarre shadow.

christyvaught

quality posts: 0 Private Messages christyvaught
Re: Family Portrait

Love it soooo much!!!

L3g3ndQ

quality posts: 2 Private Messages L3g3ndQ
Re: Seriously guys, I'm a branch...

reminds me of this http://blog.wtfconcept.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/ill-get-that-Katie Kaboom-some-leaves-Katie Kaboomes-love-leafs.jpg which is hilarious and if you live in the DFW area and listen to Russ Martin its even much more so!!!

amandanielsen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amandanielsen

In real life, I don't think anyone will be staring at my chest long enough to get it (at least I hope not.) It'll just be an owl shirt. I'd like it if it were more obvious.

crazydoglady

quality posts: 4 Private Messages crazydoglady
ramyb wrote:saved

OK I'll say it - who are you and what have you done with ramyb? I've noticed a distinct change in the style of your derby submissions - even your Blossom for the Watercolor derby stands apart from your other "pretty tree" designs. AND you've been giving supportive advice to other artists AND you've been responsive to poster comments and suggestions (for a while the only time I saw a response from you was when you were defending yourself against an accusation of some sort).

Umm, right, this space is for comments on this submission... a fun juxtaposition of two pop culture references and it's subtle and sweet and well done. GMV

lisabethjo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lisabethjo
Re: Own energy

Character is so cute. What it's doing is so gross. And about that topic . . .

pepeman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pepeman
Re: NERDBOT

ERRR Smart Car ERRR Economical ERRR

meltedpopsicles

quality posts: 0 Private Messages meltedpopsicles
Re: Ew and it eats snakes?

hahaha, I love this.

meltedpopsicles

quality posts: 0 Private Messages meltedpopsicles

I agree. The concept is great, but I think it would of been better if you added more distinct cat features and left the pattern and eye color the same.

Re: WHAT AM I DOING HERE?

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
Re: 20000 leagues above the clouds

yeah, that's more like what I expect to see from you.

I have a shirt catalog, y'all!

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
crazydoglady wrote:OK I'll say it - who are you and what have you done with ramyb? I've noticed a distinct change in the style of your derby submissions - even your Blossom for the Watercolor derby stands apart from your other "pretty tree" designs. AND you've been giving supportive advice to other artists AND you've been responsive to poster comments and suggestions (for a while the only time I saw a response from you was when you were defending yourself against an accusation of some sort).

I was going to say the exact same thing, but thought it would sound better coming from someone less sardonic.

I have a shirt catalog, y'all!

Heffron

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Heffron
Re: Tweet Tweet TWOOT

Haha. Very funny GMV

Heffron

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Heffron
Re: True Colors

Awesome design. Hope this wins!

fourlane77

quality posts: 4 Private Messages fourlane77

Absolutely fantastic idea! I really like the thought process on this one. I hope you see the fog soon! Good luck!

vote. vote. vote. vote. vote. vote.

khallion

quality posts: 0 Private Messages khallion

My seven year old son suggested I do a penguin, so I went with it. I am new to Woot, this is only my 3rd or 4th submission, so it wasn't planned.

starksre wrote:i find it funny that the penguin, such a popular animal here on woot, is given the role of muggle. was that planned or am I overthinking it?

collinvh

quality posts: 67 Private Messages collinvh
Re: uniCONE

I love it! I can almost hear the donkey's unintelligent laughter. Great work as always. Hope I get to buy this for my girl.

firefrogh

quality posts: 2 Private Messages firefrogh
Re: Not Like The Other...

A detail to show halftones.

ramyb

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb

I think this is probably my favorite design you've ever made. It is subtle in a way, but really easy to read and is a very cute idea. I bet (and hope) this will do really well for you Good luck!

(Just a thought btw, did you consider using your dark gray lineart color for the halftone shading? I think it would allow you to increase the size of the halftones a little and would eliminate one of your colors without changing the design at all- you would also get the option of making the background windows a solid color rather than halftone, though that might be a stylistic choice so it wouldn't be necessary to change that)

firefrogh

quality posts: 2 Private Messages firefrogh
ramyb wrote:I think this is probably my favorite design you've ever made. It is subtle in a way, but really easy to read and is a very cute idea. I bet (and hope) this will do really well for you Good luck!

(Just a thought btw, did you consider using your dark gray lineart color for the halftone shading? I think it would allow you to increase the size of the halftones a little and would eliminate one of your colors without changing the design at all- you would also get the option of making the background windows a solid color rather than halftone, though that might be a stylistic choice so it wouldn't be necessary to change that)

Thank you very much. You are very kind. Any recommendation on how to improve my photoshop skills are welcome and appreciated. I have not been doing this sort of work long and every derby I am learning more.

danbentz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages danbentz

I hope this wins will be my first $12 shirt :/

powerslaveintime

quality posts: 0 Private Messages powerslaveintime
Re: Sushi Friends

priceless!

cptgone

quality posts: 4 Private Messages cptgone
glorinmann wrote:Maybe this one ?
http://shirt.woot.com/friends.aspx?k=23154

no. it showed an eager mouse tied to a rocket twice the mouse's size, flying towards a cheesy moon.

cptgone

nice! would be NSFW for me though, as my boss is pictured top left.

cptgone

nice to see a different style here.
i like the old fashioned guy's expression.

roysterer wrote:I like it, but what is going on with the shadows? I suspect they're supposed to be more riders, but it does kind of look like the guy in the top hat is casting a bizarre shadow.

+1
i thought it were shadows, until i read this.

expo01

quality posts: 10 Private Messages expo01

Really nice! +1

expo01

Re: uniCONE

Amazing as usual Wences! +1

expo01

Re: They're too Short

lol +1

cptgone

oh, and this marvelous design of yours (one of my all time faves) would suit this derby's theme too IMO:

pepeman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pepeman
Re: NERDBOT

Close up of the NerdBot

shiz702

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shiz702

As a cyclist I must have this shirt! I really hope this prints.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 225 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Repeating 2nd Grade (Version 2!)

It's a simple joke that was getting lost in the details. Hopefully in this new version it's much clearer what the fudge is going on. ^__^

Ironic resub. Oh yeah.

Thanks for looking!
---Spiritgreen

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 36 Private Messages omarfeliciano

Love it GMV+1 and if i wins I'll buy one for me and one for my unborn nephew that's due to born in May!

lila927

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lila927
Re: Going to a Cheesier Place

This reminds me of the beautiful illustrations from the game Dixit -- there's a whole story going on, encapsulated in just one image.

Great work!

spookyhandle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spookyhandle
Re: WHAT AM I DOING HERE?

I agree that the cat should be more obviously a cat, but I think the eyes and ears are perfect. I've known many cats, that look a lot like owls when they're scared (big, round eyes, ears flat and to the sides). I think the face is fine, but the claws should be more obviously paws.

SirGecko

quality posts: 1 Private Messages SirGecko

Fantastic! This shirt is the best of the derby so far.

sundbe10

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sundbe10
roysterer wrote:I like it, but what is going on with the shadows? I suspect they're supposed to be more riders, but it does kind of look like the guy in the top hat is casting a bizarre shadow.

Yea I kind of see what you're saying about the shadows. I was just trying to give the impression that there were more riders in the race without adding to much noisy detail in the background.

geminian77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages geminian77
Re: Pill Bugs Version 3

Under the advisement of Woot staff, I've resubmitted my "Pill" Bugs for the 3rd and final time. No changes have been made to the design. It's a matter of to-quote or not-to-quote.

If you voted on the previous 2 versions, I invite you to vote again

Ian Koller