Beautiful colors and framing! +1

lucky1988

quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988
Re: Going to a Cheesier Place

Gorgeous work! I especially love the tuna can. +1

nessawolf89

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nessawolf89
Re: Seriously guys, I'm a branch...

Out of all the shirts in this derby, this is the only one I'd want to win.

lucky1988

quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988
Re: Nom Nom Time

awesome!

missmelis

quality posts: 20 Private Messages missmelis
Re: The Sad Wittle Rock...

I like the idea here, but the sad rock, being such a dark grey color, *completely* gets lost against the navy shirt. It would be easier to see if you made the rock a lighter shade of grey or chose a slightly less dark shirt color - maybe royal blue or slate would work?

The goodness of the true pun is in the direct ratio of its intolerability. - Edgar Allan Poe

missmelis

rockymike wrote:If you don't understand it, Educate Yourself

This a riff off of another entry of mine earlier in the evening. It needs some love too.

I thought of that news story as soon as I saw the full design. Nice "current events" allusion!

The goodness of the true pun is in the direct ratio of its intolerability. - Edgar Allan Poe

missmelis

Re: Infinitely out of place...

Great design on this, and the title is so evocative! +1

missmelis

neurosylum wrote:Sure, that sounds about right

And for the life of me, I can't get creative enough for these derbies... :P

Absorbent and yellow and porous is he!

I got it, but I think it might be oblique enough to sneak past the rejectionator.

missmelis

Re: Not Like The Other...

AWWWWW!

Not very original or witty, I know, but it's the only reaction I could come up with! GMV!

missmelis

Re: NERDBOT

Ha!! This idea is hilarious - I love that he transforms into a SmartCar! I'm sorry to say, though, that I hate it on this shirt color. I'm normally a big fan of the grass green shirt, but it's really clashing with the colors you used here.

fourlane77

quality posts: 4 Private Messages fourlane77
missmelis wrote:Great design on this, and the title is so evocative! +1

..thank you...that's how i felt at the moment, so i decided it might be best to deal with it by wearing that emotion artistically on my sleeve...

err, uh..or at least conceptually in the chest location...

vote. vote. vote. vote. vote. vote.

vampy656

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vampy656
Re: Evolve

I really like to concept of the shirt. Btw, it's not evolving, it's just metamorphosis.

missmelis

DianaSprinkle wrote:Badgers and honey badger are actually different species and look different. They aren't the same animal at all.

Thanks for clarifying that, Diana. The other day when I first saw this, I almost commented that it was not very on topic, because I thought it was a regular badger (which wouldn't be out of place at Hogwarts, duh!). Then I saw ramy's first comment about the honey badger and it all made sense...

Honey badger definitely don't fit in at Hogwarts, but HONEY BADGER DON'T CARE!

mitchloidolt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mitchloidolt
Re: YMC-Awkward

There's nothing as awkward as a fish out of water than a nipple out of a t-shirt

akafrey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages akafrey

this is freakin amazing

ApeLad

quality posts: 41 Private Messages ApeLad
fourlane77 wrote:...this really makes me want sushi right now...

bad.

:/

I'm in! Let's go!

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
ramyb wrote:I always apply them at the same angle (67.5 degrees)- for backgrounds and solid colored areas I use a round halftone, and for shading I use a line halftone. I find that keeping it uniform makes things look a lot cleaner in general.

Here are some closeups so you can see how it works:

The nice thing about it is that, when printed, it doesn't look like dots or lines but sort of "blends" to some degree with the color underneath to create a really convincing shading effect where the halftone is almost imperceptible

(edit)- I went back through the show us your woot thread to see if there were any photos from other times I used this technique. The best example I could find there was from my school design, where I used this to shade all the turtle shells- the colors are a little bright from the flash in this photo, but you can clearly see how the shading comes out really smooth looking, as though another color were used.

Line halftones especially, when properly placed, can really play tricks on your eyes and create great shading effects without getting excessively small.

Dude, thanks for explaining some tone stuff for us. I've found that no matter what I do I can't get my halftones to look nice. :{ This is extremely helpful.

fourlane77

Zagazoo wrote:beautiful, I know what you mean. Unless it's a derby like the last "watercolors" one I feel like the entries that go for the less humorous approach and go instead for beautiful get less votes. Kinda frustrating, though that has just been my observation

yes...i'm new to submitting designs on woot, but that seems like a fair observation...not that voters here don't appreciate non-humor themes or anything, but there's a fine line in t-shirt design for what looks good on paper, and what looks good ENOUGH to walk around sported across your chest or back...and sometimes it can be fairly difficult to hit on the latter...

(i should've went with three cartoon faces and a detailed portrait i guess...lol)

BigWes500

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BigWes500

I voted on both versions, but I realize that I have NO idea what your intention is regarding the design. Pls. explain.

Re: Super Awkward Turtle Man

demengraphics

quality posts: 0 Private Messages demengraphics
Re: Three's A Crowd, Buddy...

My description didn't go through, darn it. Well, let's try it again. I guess it's up to the viewer to decide who doesn't belong here...

Is it Mr. SpaceMan interrupting a secret rendezvous?

Is it The Amorous Alien who has come between the duo of Comsonauts?

Or is it Ms. SpaceLady who the home-wrecking hussy?

This is a design I submitted to a previous derby quite a while ago, so if that is something that is not allowed, I will be more than happy to pull it if someone would just let me know. Thanks!

fourlane77

Re: Three's A Crowd, Buddy...

..perfect for the disgruntled valentine's day observer...

missmelis

omarfeliciano wrote:LOL'ed, she's not too happy, menopause maybe?

Dude, no woman of any age likes to be the only bun at the sausage party!

Melanthalady

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Melanthalady
Re: Goes on Everything?

I love this! I need one in at least 3X for my brother-in-law. He really does put ketchup on everything. Even things which make me cringe.

missmelis

Re: No Squares Allowed

This feels backwards to me... but I guess it sort of is! It's like a bizarro world where the nerd dice are all cool, and the "normal" die is suddenly the odd one out.

fourlane77

Re: Public Nudity

..i want to say something about snail trails but i just can't do it...

akafrey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages akafrey
Re: Sushi Friends

love +1

fourlane77

Re: When Nature Calls (Resub)

"...bout to check that bathroom out, i know that much..."

lol

fourlane77

...hey, that's really my nipple...

(lol)

fourlane77

Re: Seriously guys, I'm a branch...

...it's a shame this isn't number one..very nice...

ganome

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ganome
Re: Own energy

umm how is this on topic?

ganome

Re: More Ram

i like it but... seems off topic to me

ganome

Re: Going to a Cheesier Place

nice art but... seems off topic to me

ruthjhodsoll

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ruthjhodsoll

Be prepared for it to be "rejected" as it's not on a t-shirt template... best to just redo and resubmit... and why is it so distorted?

Re: harry potter awesomness

mindsuckr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mindsuckr

Is the grey of the penguin/lion shading the same grey as the shirt? I can't tell if it's the same or it's a seventh color. I hope it's not an extra color

hooligaz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hooligaz
wirdou wrote:I had some ideas of designs concerning Pluto but most of them involved text...so I chose this! Hope you like it!:D

Both funny and poignant. Not always do we get a full range of drama in a shirt.

Excellent job

chachachino

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chachachino
tjschaeffer wrote:I wrote that comment and could totally think nothing other than "nerd alert." Heheh.

Also, this shirt makes me wonder what the actual height ratios are of the Valkyrie, soundwave and a gundam. I think it must go: Soundwave, Valkyrie, Gundam.

you know that asimo is probably twice as tall as it should be judging by the scale of the valkyrie cockpit.

this is maybe too otaku for most wootsters. i gotta get some of these made. ... after 90 days of course.

jatwellrn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jatwellrn

I will have to buy 2..I know I will wear the first one out and MUST have a back-up..on second thought maybe 4..you know, just in case.

punkmummy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages punkmummy
Re: uniCONE

hilarious!

pyromike25

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pyromike25

Sweet! I love computer humor!