mysticeden

quality posts: 5 Private Messages mysticeden

I was on the fence about buying this shirt because although the design is awesome I've been spending too much money on woot... But then I saw where the designer was from and that sealed deal. In for one!

Felicidades Omar, es la primera vez que veo un Boriqua que gane aqui en woot. Y deveras te lo mereces el diseño esta brutal!

aramis525

quality posts: 8 Private Messages aramis525
omarfeliciano wrote:Wow, this is crazy! Thanks everyone that voted and made this a reality. This is my first "real" print and I couldn't be happier! Now I know what other amazing artists here at Woot feel every time they see a design of theirs getting printed. Thanks guys for the support. I'll keep them coming

The design is a watercolor representation of the four "Elements of Life", water, fire, air and earth.

The black strokes aren't any form of text, they are a representation of Aether, "the material that fills the universe above the terrestrial sphere".

I knew this would happen. I fall asleep early 'cause my son was exhausting and this shirt places. I wanted to be the first sucker! Oh well, at least I get to own it.

BTW, no wonder I was so drawn to you, O. Not only do we share the same middle name but my wife is Puerto Rican/Cuban and I'm Dominican. Gotta support our Caribbean brethren!

andrewtl

quality posts: 22 Private Messages andrewtl

I think this might have looked better on a colored shirt. it's an interesting design.

pfffft!

danswhi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages danswhi

"Not one not two not three but four! FOUR STONES!"

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 34 Private Messages omarfeliciano

Answers to some of your questions.

Q. What's the reference?
A. The design is a watercolored representation of the Four Classical Elements and Aether (black brush strokes), "the material that fills the universe"

Q. But where's Aang / Leeloo Dallas / Captain Planet?
A. I would've love to design around any of those three concepts, but the derby clearly specified "no pop-culture references". Maybe some time in the future... That is why the design is more on the artistry side.

Q. Why the shirt color?
A. Again, one of the derby rules specified the use of Creme, White or Lemon shirts. So yeah, Black was out of the equation.

Q. Are you really from Puerto Rico?
A. Si, 100% Boricua!

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 215 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Congrats Omar! It's striking and still very wearable - a well deserved win.

fenderehx4ever

quality posts: 2 Private Messages fenderehx4ever

Lovely design. I would buy one, but Cream tees are never flattering on me. A black tee would be an instant buy for me.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 158 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

danswhi wrote:"Not one not two not three but four! FOUR STONES!"

jsee1218

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jsee1218

yay!!! I was hoping this one would print. In for one!

artgirl929

quality posts: 1 Private Messages artgirl929

Congrats on the print Omar.

xyon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xyon

Was really hoping to see "Castle on a Cloud" or "Blossom" today (and the other tomorrow) but congratulations on the print Omar. It's a great design.

shyedam

quality posts: 2 Private Messages shyedam

Thanks for the write up woot. For too long Mati has been a thorn in my side. Heart?! Really?! Goodbye useless ring!

laurabny

quality posts: 1 Private Messages laurabny

Pretty sure it wasn't Milla and it was love, self-sacrifice and all that good stuff!

xamen7

quality posts: 1 Private Messages xamen7

w00t! Time to watch my Fifth Element LD!

spookyhandle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spookyhandle

I love this concept, and was halfway to buying it before I realized the elements aren't in order with their common Neopagan compass associations.

rprebel

quality posts: 14 Private Messages rprebel

I love this design, and the fact that it also comes as a wallpaper. I put together a simple desktop. If anyone has any ideas to improve it, I'm open to suggestions.

http://i.imgur.com/MGNGJ.jpg

atronchos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages atronchos

Hello everybody, I want to get a shirt but im a little concerned about the shirt size. I've read many threads on the size and understand the shirts can seem small at times. I am male 6'1 177 pounds, I have measured my other shirts and it matches up to an XL on the woot sizing chart. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Tetrapaq

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Tetrapaq

Where is the Tiesto Logo?

deftoned989

quality posts: 2 Private Messages deftoned989
atronchos wrote:Hello everybody, I want to get a shirt but im a little concerned about the shirt size. I've read many threads on the size and understand the shirts can seem small at times. I am male 6'1 177 pounds, I have measured my other shirts and it matches up to an XL on the woot sizing chart. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

I'm about your size (one inch taller and 7 lbs lighter), and I find myself RIGHT in between XL and L. I'd recommend you buy the XL and just hope it shrinks to fit.

Swift Ghost

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Swift Ghost

Oh man this shirt would be so awesome if it was white! Is there anyway to do a special request so it can be printed on a white tee? lol

ncsaxman09

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ncsaxman09

Din, Farore, and Nayru? Kinda looks like those symbols from Zelda games.

TheGreatGazoo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TheGreatGazoo

I am immensely happy this shirt got printed.

chuang11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chuang11

I knew that this gonna be on sale. So I don't have any second thought to buy one. This one is really cool. The Koi was cool too so I get both.

Congratz on your print.

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 112 Private Messages DianaSprinkle

Ugh, missed midnight again. First day sales are a little less than: 1877, at 12:03.

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

Last wooter to woot: rbrough
Last purchase time: Saturday, February 04, 2012, 11:56:41 PM Central Time
Order pace: 0m 45.998s
Woot wage: $3,758.71
Woots sold: 1874

Last wooter to woot: rublind
Last purchase time: Saturday, February 04, 2012, 11:59:46 PM Central Time
Order pace: 0m 46.047s
Woot wage: $3,750.67
Woots sold: 1876

Last wooter to woot: BWIceSoldier
Last purchase time: Sunday, February 05, 2012, 12:03:03 AM Central Time
Order pace: 0m 46.128s
Woot wage: $3,742.12
Woots sold: 1877

First day sales - 1876

bpeterson82

quality posts: 52 Private Messages bpeterson82

Got mine today. The colors are off, but I still LIKE IT!

omarfeliciano

bpeterson82 wrote:Got mine today. The colors are off, but I still LIKE IT!

Wow, that was fast! I still have to wait at least 1 more week, the only delivery option available for Puerto Rico here at Woot is Smart Post (SnailMail). Looks very nice, I am very happy you liked it! Thanks for the support.

klcohn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klcohn

I wish this had a black or grey background. I don't buy light colored shirts and I like this one.

gameon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gameon

I got mine a couple days ago and I love it. It's my first Woot shirt. I was a little concerned about the size -I ordered a WM - and although it's a little tighter than I'd like it's wearable. Next time I'll go with a WL.

Lovely design Omar, congrats.

My site: Thought Provoking Shirts - designs to make you think and laugh at the same time.

omarfeliciano

gameon wrote:I got mine a couple days ago and I love it. It's my first Woot shirt. I was a little concerned about the size -I ordered a WM - and although it's a little tighter than I'd like it's wearable. Next time I'll go with a WL.

Lovely design Omar, congrats.

I am very happy to know that my design was your first woot shirt and that you love it. That makes my day!

omarfeliciano

Hey guys! Here are some pictures of this design on the actual shirt so you have an idea on how awesome it looks! Hope you like it!

anisound

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anisound

Kudos on the good work! Look forward to more of your designs.