huntman21014

quality posts: 0 Private Messages huntman21014
ladyperl wrote:I'd like to think that for 12 bucks I'm getting something original...not the same boring shirts at Target, Kohls, JC Penny or any of those other stores. Plus no one else is wearing it and if they are, there's a general conscientious that you're supporting the arts...and with schools lacking now days in the art department, I say why not? (does this count as tax deductible?)

I almost bought the shirt as a joke but at $12 its a lot less appetizing. Like others have said, I probably won't buy very many shirts unless they are epic but with them I usually buy them on reckoning to support the artist.

geo8rge

quality posts: 33 Private Messages geo8rge
Matingas wrote:hey woot! i'm still jobless! sup with the $12?

i have over 80 wootshirts that i bought back when i was happily employed!

and since then i've bought like 4 more... but now at $12?!?!

occupy wootstreet.

The women of the world told me to tell you they would like like you in adult cloths.

(Overall signature size was getting large. Recommended signature size is 5k.)

lucky1988

quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988

Congrats Ian, a great and likeable design!

khallion

quality posts: 0 Private Messages khallion

Love it, Ian! Congrats on another Woot print!

crickee

quality posts: 20 Private Messages crickee

This goes great with my "YOUR FACE 3 million people dislike this" shirt.

RAWR Imma Squarryl

Blade2000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Blade2000
evilcanary wrote:Uhg, another facebook reference shirt?

Agreed. Starting to get sick of FB in general. Might be heading to the same fate as Friendster and MySpace. Not "cool" anymore.

xninjagrrl

quality posts: 7 Private Messages xninjagrrl
bluejester wrote:As my own Facebook experience has drastically gone downhill thanks to overly political relatives and friends, I'm not really "liking" this shirt.

No offense to the designer, just bad timing for me personally.

Same boat. Just wait til the timeline hijacks your life. Time to migrate to Google+ and let this IPO fail.

Pros: The pills were there.
Cons: So was the tank.

xninjagrrl

quality posts: 7 Private Messages xninjagrrl
huntman21014 wrote:I almost bought the shirt as a joke but at $12 its a lot less appetizing. Like others have said, I probably won't buy very many shirts unless they are epic but with them I usually buy them on reckoning to support the artist.

Eh, if i were to get this in my random woot one day, I would be okay with it and wear it. But its not 12 good to me.

Pros: The pills were there.
Cons: So was the tank.

seahokedrama

quality posts: 30 Private Messages seahokedrama

Isn't it 2012 now? Does anyone still use facebook?

lobstrain

quality posts: 11 Private Messages lobstrain

My entire high school love life summarized on one shirt. Lovely.

grrlmarvel

quality posts: 12 Private Messages grrlmarvel

Ian is a very talented artists who does a wide variety of pop culture and original pieces. I would suggest as Odysseyroc suggests and check out his FB or his site.

Not every shirt is going to resonate with everyone.

There have been plenty of shirts I haven't dug in the past and just passed on them. It's the nature and the amazing part of a shirt a day site... you don't like today's... BAM! There is another one tomorrow!

skatimmy737

quality posts: 207 Private Messages skatimmy737

When Facebook buys Disney, then you'll all be sorry.

Bandrik

quality posts: 73 Private Messages Bandrik
kits862 wrote:I'd make a Legend of Zelda joke here if I were funny...

Heh, I was wondering when a fellow nerd would say something like this. Fortunately (or unfortunately?) this has been done. Poke around the intertubez for this design:

I was going to Like Like it, but then the damn thing ate my shield. Ugh. Slimy little bastards.

mroesler8

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mroesler8

I just like like this shirt... I am getting insecure though, what if it doesn't like like me back?

hmglass

quality posts: 2 Private Messages hmglass
missmelis wrote:Though I don't hate it enough (yet) to go and delete my account, I really don't like Facebook. I back that up by very rarely logging in, to the extent that my friends complain about how I'm never on Facebook. (Seriously, what? If you want to get in touch with me, send a damn email! Call me if you have to!)

My dislike of facebook was recently bolstered by this article, about a study showing that people who spend a lot of time on facebook tend to be less satisfied with their (real, tangible) lives: http://www.slate.com/articles/double_x/doublex/2011/01/the_antisocial_network.html

Also, btw, not graduating from college is really not that fun, unless you have a trust fund. Take it from someone without a college degree OR a trust fund.

110% agree. with all of it.

My mother nearly refused to speak to me for a week after I deleted facebook. I will tell you that since deleting my account, however, I was nearly instantly happier and more productive in my life.

fourlane77

quality posts: 4 Private Messages fourlane77

...clever design.. i'm waiting for someone to rip on myspace though... lol

vote. vote. vote. vote. vote. vote.

KIDA26

quality posts: 2 Private Messages KIDA26

These "like" shirts are getting old very fast.

seahokedrama

quality posts: 30 Private Messages seahokedrama
skatimmy737 wrote:When Facebook buys Disney, then you'll all be sorry.

They said we'd be sorry when Disney bought the United States- but after several Mickey Mouse presidents in a row we're still OK...

... besides the recessions... and the wars... and the loss in international prestige...

... but besides that we're still OK.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
mroesler8 wrote:I just like like this shirt... I am getting insecure though, what if it doesn't like like me back?

It's complicated.

I'm just hanging out, really.

bjave

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bjave

Um, I actually thought at $10, that woot.shirt was really doing well - considering the quality of the shirt that they are providing and I'm sure the massive quantity they were buying at, as well as the cost of shipping that you have under control.

Getting to be a tired old formula for selling and nothing new about it... boring and now more expensive... you're losing me amazon, I mean woot.

iuse

quality posts: 2 Private Messages iuse

She's a girl, and she's my friend, but she's not my girlfriend...

musicchan

quality posts: 2 Private Messages musicchan

I think this shirt is funny but....I don't even have a facebook account.

So, uh, HA writeup! Or something.

Confusticate and Bebother those dwarves!

OneOfEm

quality posts: 2 Private Messages OneOfEm
Australia_ wrote:That seems a little harsh... and by little I mean very and by harsh I mean out of line. It's $12.. not $20.

It's a 20% increase. That's not "little."

bounty42

quality posts: 15 Private Messages bounty42

See, what they should have done was jump up to $18. Claim it's what they needed to do to remain competative. Let people whine for two or three weeks. *THEN* dropped down to a perfectly reasonable $12. Everyone would then be praising the new price, not blasting it.

Numquam minoris aestimo potentia stultis, maxime in magna coetus
------------------------------------
■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(2:02 PM, 6/15/2012) bounty42 runs numbers.
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

danuuc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages danuuc

The last shirt I ordered (which was actually the first shirt I ever ordered from Woot! was really THIN.... is this normal?

I'm used to the nicer Gildan tees. I know that they are going to last. I'd even pay another dollar or two to upgrade to a better quality tee. If I buy an artists work, I want to make sure they aren't painting it on a canvas that will fall apart ahead of its time.

Sorry. But true. Please help me understand.

Narfcake

quality posts: 287 Private Messages Narfcake
danuuc wrote: ... Please help me understand.

Yes, Gildan blanks are heavier. Other than the heavier weight, no, they're not better.

- Ring spun vs. carded = Softer, smoother, and finer threads that make up the fabric.
- Combed cotton = removing the short fibers and impurities that don't add any strength. Indeed, it's this part that makes such blanks feel like sandpaper.

Narfcake

quality posts: 287 Private Messages Narfcake
OneOfEm wrote:It's a 20% increase. That's not "little."

Stuff I used to buy at a local mom-and-pop 99+ cents store for $0.99 is now $1.49. OH MY FLIRTY GOODNESS!, 50% increase! IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD!!

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
OneOfEm wrote:It's a 20% increase. That's not "little."

Commentary better directed this way...

I'm just hanging out, really.

Slarti59

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Slarti59

I don't really like facebook, and basically don't use it. I deleted my account for over a year and created a new one just so I didn't have to constantly ask friends for photos. However, I think this shirt is great! It's a better "like" joke that usual, maybe because it reminds me of highschool. =)

bevlowen

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bevlowen

The design placement should be "self-centered".

BLowen

blanked

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blanked
wafflesmcgee wrote:Is it wrong that after I read the shirt, I looked for a like button under the post to click...?

Were you going to click it twice?

blanked

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blanked

As someone who's survey would include those that usually buy $4 clearanced shirts due to budget I understand that an extra $2 does put it out of a purchase for some (because they do keep a good budget not because they keep a bad one).

Matingas wrote:completely agree!

so many of my impulse buys i barely even wear.. and if they were $12 i would've never bought em. ($2 is not a lot. but it just doesnt give the roundness $10 does)

But if you are buying shirts you don't wear, you should be glad they raised the price, they are helping to prevent you from being a hoarder.

chezmeister21

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chezmeister21

We Call This Color: Are you alright? You look a little Blue in the Face.

gina3graces

quality posts: 41 Private Messages gina3graces

OH MY FLIRTY GOODNESS!! The mailman just handed me a brown box which I immediately opened standing disheveled and dumbfounded in the blinding sun and when I saw the seXXXy white box with the come-hither-red-label "Candy Basket" I ripped into the box faster than rats in an attic. Dark chocolate downstairs, milk chocolate upstairs; 28 pieces each and not just salted on top, but lightly salted on the bottom as well. Popped one in my mouth and...waited for it...turbulent flavors bursting rhythmically through every movement of my jaw, a medley of chocolate melting in perfect harmony with my own internal mouth-heat. So creamy it should be illegal. Death by chocolate, indeed. GET YOUR WOOT ON!

missmelis

quality posts: 20 Private Messages missmelis
lobstrain wrote:My entire high school love life summarized on one shirt. Lovely.

Mine too! Darn all those nice boys I knew who wouldn't be huge jerks just to make me stop liking them. Most of the guys I've dated in my adult life seem to have been fine with that approach...

The goodness of the true pun is in the direct ratio of its intolerability. - Edgar Allan Poe

gina3graces

quality posts: 41 Private Messages gina3graces

Oh, and I got the red pokey dot knife set and man it is so hot! I only thought I was 'cutting' with the other knives in my kitchen...no, no, no. These NEW knives slice anything like buttah.
Thanks Woot for keeping me on the cutting edge.

piwerx

quality posts: 1 Private Messages piwerx

If you buy-buy this shirt you can say,
" Who's got 5 thumbs and a blue shirt?"

"THIS GUY" (or ..GIRL")

{do the math}

margiecakes

quality posts: 2 Private Messages margiecakes
Narfcake wrote:Too many to care. I'm one who's more apt to wear a Foamy 'Dislike' shirt (NSFW, so I won't post it.)

Besides, in a few years, these may prove to be as popular as Myspace shirts in thrift shops.

I hate to hate on a design (since I don't want to hate hate on anyone here), but this does seem rather flash-in-the-pan. People are already getting tired of facebook. Almost as tired as I am of seeing facebook shirts on woot.

Whatever, though. It surely makes them money off the more random people who might stumble across it, and it saves me from dipping into my bank account again. I think I have a pretty serious addiction at this point, so shirts like this are the Champix for that.

ugrasse2

quality posts: 6 Private Messages ugrasse2

If each "like" was a dollar, I'd like-like this shirt. I just don't like-like-like-like-like-like-like-like-like-like-like-like it.

ugrasse2

quality posts: 6 Private Messages ugrasse2
kelvin232 wrote:woot, isn't this $12 experiment over yet? these are exactly the kind of shirts that make the extra $2 totally not worth it. Took an unofficial survey at superbowl party (amongst HEAVY shirt.woot buyers) and no one plans on buying $12 shirts unless they're epic. you are out of impulse buying range. Sorry woot.

52 shirts. probably 12 i HAD to have, and 40 impulse buys.

Right on. Woot managed to capture the psychology of marketing quite well, being able to sell c/r/a/p in bags and even tell people that that's what they were getting. But somehow they missed the subtle point that people think twice when "ten bucks" turns into "twelve dollars".

Yes, it's only $2 more... but the explanation (rising prices) simply doesn't bear up to market facts.